Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 14:40   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Right you are about not being able to see the gear in D. I was referring to the section in the virtual cockpit where you today see the digital speedo reading. In the MY23 cars, you get to see fuel consumption, average speed etc in that space. There is an image of that view on this thread somewhere
I have given my car for first service today and mentioned to update the sw if there is an update available. Lets see if the MY23 cars have new sw version or have a new HW unit altogether. BTW European Octavias also dont show gear in D mode.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 21st April 2023 at 14:42.
Old 23rd April 2023, 11:29   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I have given my car for first service today and mentioned to update the sw if there is an update available. Lets see if the MY23 cars have new sw version or have a new HW unit altogether. BTW European Octavias also dont show gear in D mode.
Done with the first service. There was no update available when the technician checked out. Given the SW which they have on laptop pulls the updates from Skoda server, chances are Skoda has not made it available yet.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:11   #1488
BHPian

Hey!

Just curious .. a question to current gen Octy owners and to owners of previously owned VAG cars, the Octavia's service is due every 15K kms. Do any of you recommend an engine oil level check before that interval? Why I am asking is because TSI engines are oil thirsty so a top up might be required.

Also, what engine oil to keep handy (if at all)? .. as in the brand and grade?
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:42   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_Exhaust View Post
Hey!

Just curious .. a question to current gen Octy owners and to owners of previously owned VAG cars, the Octavia's service is due every 15K kms. Do any of you recommend an engine oil level check before that interval? Why I am asking is because TSI engines are oil thirsty so a top up might be required.

Yes it is very much recommend to check engine oil levels after around 7.5k periodically, this is I think even mentioned in the user manual, and not just octavia, one must always regularly check oil level in any engine.

Regarding the brand of the oil, just ask the service center people to you you 1 litter can extra at the time of service.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:57   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey!

I change it every 8k kms for my MK3 TDI Octavia. Though user manual says 15k, I don’t want to take chance due to Indian conditions, mainly since my car is remapped too.
Suggest changing it atleast in every 10k kms.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 22:17   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Hey!

I've completed a little over 15k kms on my octavia. Made a quick ASS stop at 7.5 k kms just to make sure the fluids were alright. Engine oil levels were alright then and did not need a top up. Break fluid however needed topping up. My guess is the the 2.0 TS is not as thirsty as the 1.8 TSi
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:15   #1492
BHPian

Hey everyone.

I currently drive a Honda City 4th Gen which is 6 years old. There aren't any issues with the car and it gets me to point A to B perfectly.
I've always loved German cars and always had an eye on the Skoda Octavia.
When in production, it was pretty much out of my budget with a asking price of 35 lakh on road.
Now that it has been discontinued, I tried my luck and called my local dealer to inquire about it.
They have a single piece of Skoda Octavia L&K Lava Blue with a November 2022 manufacturing date.

I asked whether he'll be able to give the car for 30lakh and he was hesitant but said that it might be possible.

I think I might be able to squeeze him a for bit more or might be able to get that extended warranty and service package included in the price.

I'll be using a whole lot of savings to buy this car and was wondering if it's worth it.
Old 24th April 2023, 14:36   #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Hey everyone.

I currently drive a Honda City 4th Gen which is 6 years old. There aren't any issues with the car and it gets me to point A to B perfectly.
When in production, it was pretty much out of my budget with a asking price of 35 lakh on road.
Now that it has been discontinued, I tried my luck and called my local dealer to inquire about it.
They have a single piece of Skoda Octavia L&K Lava Blue with a November 2022 manufacturing date.

I asked whether he'll be able to give the car for 30lakh and he was hesitant but said that it might be possible.

I think I might be able to squeeze him a for bit more or might be able to get that extended warranty and service package included in the price.

I'll be using a whole lot of savings to buy this car and was wondering if it's worth it.
I am in the same position as yours, and drive a 2010 Honday City, I too almost finalized Octavia, when i read about it being not made B6.2 compatible, means the resale is going to be difficult. Also do check if it handles E20 fuel mix. Currently line up of Octavia and Superb got discontinued due to these reasons. Whereas the other Tiguan's and Virus (Virtus) have been made. Check out this thread on Team BHP - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...mpliant-5.html (List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant)
Old 24th April 2023, 15:26   #1494
d.j
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone.

Hi, it’s a good car but if one goes by different elements of value proposition, there are other goods cars too around. I am a VW guy since 11 years and we recently picked an Octavia, these come with their own merits and demerits, go for it, only, if this works best case scenario (financially and mentally) for you. Price is subjective.

Regards/DJ
Old 24th April 2023, 15:44   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Really your concern should be future issues with fuel mix given the Octavia, similar to the Superb and 22MY Tiguan, is simply not compatible with E20 fuel.
You're just asking for potential engine trouble down the line when E20 becomes widely dispensed. Major engine issues are NOT cheap to fix for german cars.

Quote:
And finally seeing your mention of how you would have to financially stretch for this vehicle, I'd just give it a pass. Perhaps wait till the end of the year where there are rumours of relaunching the car with the Hybrid engine.
Old 25th April 2023, 10:17   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Whoever has got the 1st service done, could you please see if fuel filter was changed? Garve Skoda SA told me that fuel filter replacement is not on the list for the 1st service.
Old 25th April 2023, 16:13   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Whoever has got the 1st service done, could you please see if fuel filter was changed? Garve Skoda SA told me that fuel filter replacement is not on the list for the 1st service.
Petrol fuel filters are not replaced. I haven’t got it yet on my 9 year old Octy 1.8 TSI.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 16:53   #1498
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Petrol fuel filters are not replaced. I haven’t got it yet on my 9 year old Octy 1.8 TSI.
You mean your fuel filter is still the factory OEM one, and has run for 9yrs without ever getting changed ?
Old 25th April 2023, 23:31   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
You mean your fuel filter is still the factory OEM one, and has run for 9yrs without ever getting changed ?
Yes, as far as I remember, I have personally attended each and every service, and never did I get the fuel filter replacement. I once asked the service advisor and he told me there is no schedule for this.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 09:00   #1500
BHPian

Question to L&K owners here.

Does your car come equipped with factory fitted GPS tracking and monitoring devices? The Style does not have remote tracking features from the factory, but I did read somewhere that the current generation octavia has this as an inbuilt feature. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks