Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2023, 11:52   #1561
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Hi!

I'm in the market for a second-hand car and recently came across a deal that seems too good to be true.

A 2021 Skoda Octavia L&K with 30,000 km on the odo, asking price is 22L. The owner says the car is non-accidental, no flooding etc.

Is this deal too good to be true? What are some things I should look at if I go ahead with this car?

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated!

Best
Old 16th June 2023, 18:06   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2684 View Post

Is this deal too good to be true? What are some things I should look at if I go ahead with this car?

Best
Deal looks too good to be true, its a no brainer if the car is maintained well and there are no red flags, Octavia is an amazing car with a gem of a powertrain and is a very hard find

Having said that, I would not sell the car if this was mine for less than 26-27 lakhs in NCR considering the new one would have cost around 34, make sure you get the service/repair history from Skoda ASS, if this was involved in an accident or flood damage it is very likely Skoda ASS would have fixed it and history should include the event (if any) as getting the Octavia A8 fixed from FNG doesn't make sense for a vehicle that is in warranty and getting the parts for this generation of Octavia outside ASS is very hard

Good luck with your hunt!

Last edited by abaliga : 16th June 2023 at 18:30. Reason: Modified a sentence
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 18:46   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

I'm in the market for a second-hand car and recently came across a deal that seems too good to be true.

A 2021 Skoda Octavia L&K with 30,000 km on the odo, asking price is 22L. The owner says the car is non-accidental, no flooding etc.

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated!

Best
That's a UP registration car, but the listing on OLX has no interior pics. Were you able to see the car in person?
Old 16th June 2023, 18:51   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
That's a UP registration car, but the listing on OLX has no interior pics. Were you able to see the car in person?
Not yet, I am going to see this car tomorrow. Will try to pull out all service records from Skoda. Any tips on how to go about it?
Old 16th June 2023, 20:57   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet, I am going to see this car tomorrow. Will try to pull out all service records from Skoda. Any tips on how to go about it?
Not sure how to get service records from skoda, if the claims in the ad are true, then seller should have them. Try to see if there have been any insurance claims.
Old 19th June 2023, 20:15   #1566
BHPian

I was supposed to go ahead with my Octavia purchase in May, but held back due to the E10 question mark.
Any information if Octavia will be coming back? And say if they do bring it back with the RDE compliance, how much can one expect the pricing to go up?
Old 19th June 2023, 22:30   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Not sure how to get service records from skoda, if the claims in the ad are true, then seller should have them. Try to see if there have been any insurance claims.
Got it checked by Skoda. the car was accidental with structural damage and missing engine shield. I knew it was too good to be true
abhishek2684 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:42   #1568
BHPian

Hi all,
For the last 2 days I have been facing a very strange problem with the Infotainment.
It keeps on restarting every 1 minute.
I tried to switch it Off from the switch, tried long pressing the switch, but none of this is helping.

Last evening it got even worse.
ie the Infotainment is re-starting by itself even when car is switched off and completely locked.
I had to go to the parking 3-4 times in the night to try and switch it off.
I searched for a solution and found this thread where several customers have complained about it but without a solution :(

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...ing-endlessly/

I am worried that the battery might go dry if the Infotainment keeps restarting and playing on its own whole night.
Has anyone faced this issue. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2023, 17:08   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi all,
For the last 2 days I have been facing a very strange problem with the Infotainment.
I tried to switch it Off from the switch, tried long pressing the switch, but none of this is helping.

ie the Infotainment is re-starting by itself even when car is switched off and completely locked.
I searched for a solution and found this thread where several customers have complained about it but without a solution :(

I am worried that the battery might go dry if the Infotainment keeps restarting and playing on its own whole night.
Hi, for me the issue is related to Infotainment crashing and it happens everytime after few minutes of driving. But it rarely repeats and is limited to 1 crash per drive.
On a side note, Try using different devices, I've seen it make a difference even though they run the same OS.

Coming to Infotainment turning on by itself even when car is turned off and parked, that is scary and you should go behind Skoda for answers. I think this is a huge issue, and i can imagine the horror of battery drain and other slew of issue that might come later.

It is time Skoda address these Infotainment bugs, it's not like current gen Octavia is a newly launched model and from what I've read it is happening in other markets as well.

Hope you get this fixed, please keep us updated.
pratyush369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 11:25   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi all,

Update on this.
The Issue stopped on its own after 2-3 days.
The only thing I did was to disable Android Auto for couple of days.
I waited for couple of days to see whether the Issue recurs and then re-enabled it.
Last 2 days haven't faced the issue, fingers crossed 🤞
mah45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 10:07   #1571
BHPian

Any of you change your brake pads yet? At 17500 km, I got a message on the cluster to check break pads. I have booked an appointment for tomorrow at Raja Skoda.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd July 2023 at 10:41. Reason: break > brake, tmrw > tomorrow
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:49   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Any of you change your brake pads yet? At 17500 km, I got a message on the cluster to check break pads. I have booked an appointment for tomorrow at Raja Skoda.
Brake pads are totally dependent on the usage. It can even give up at 9k kms for a car like Octavia if you have been braking hard or regular braking from higher speeds.
Old 4th July 2023, 20:50   #1573

Hi Everyone ,
Had been following the forum for last 5-6 years regularly but registered recently.
I was lucky enough to get myself A MY2022 Octavia L&k this april.
Totally in love with this machine .
Am currently facing a very small issue regarding whether there are any updates for the virtual cockpit because i can see in some of your posted photos that the dials have some colors into them i.e. red , pinkish, purple, Whereas I only have a default Blue color.
Also Does the octavia have an auto start stop feauture?
Old 8th July 2023, 11:26   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygautam View Post
Am currently facing a very small issue regarding whether there are any updates for the virtual cockpit because i can see in some of your posted photos that the dials have some colors into them i.e. red , pinkish, purple, Whereas I only have a default Blue color.
Also Does the octavia have an auto start stop feauture?
Congratulations on the buy , do share some pictures and details on the discounts you were able to get

The color on the intrument cluster is in sync with the ambient light and changes with it

And no, Octavia does not have the auto start/stop feature.
Old 8th July 2023, 11:57   #1575
BHPian

I recently had a tranmission issue on my Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI 2019 model after 91000 Km. The service center started the repair and said that the part is covered in warranty. They did the repair and now they raised the bill of about 17000 Rs and are saying the part is not in warranty. They are also saying that my warranty is from Bajaj and not Skoda, how on earth is that possible? I bought the extented warranty with the car from Akoya Skoda in Pune and now the car is in with the same dealership for repair.
I wanted to sell off the car due to its poor reliability way back in 2021 itself but kept it because of low resale value and because it is in warranty. Now even the warranty is shady.
I see so many people praising Skoda cars and wanting to buy them. Though people already have heard it but still wanted to say be careful what you are buying. VW and Skoda aren't the best brands to buy cars from. Their profits come from service centers more than new car sales (From what I had read last, not sure if recent launches changed that). All the people hyped up about Kushaq and Taigun and other VW/Skoda launches might come to know the reality in few years. For the price range they are launched in, they are likely to be unreliable and expensive to keep up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks