Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 15:13   #1456
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2022 First Service Experience, Bengaluru PPS Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post

After the service, we went for another road test. The car felt different (maybe just a placebo effect). It felt more responsive, especially the throttle response. I was satisfied. The only thing that was pending was the wheel alignment.
No, that is true even for my MkIII Octavia. It feels like a different beast altogether post service. The throttle response and the overall smoothness is enhanced. It's like driving a brand new car back home.
umairalvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 18:17   #1457
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

How come Skoda India website still shows the Octavia options and dealers are saying that the car is available? I have not physically visited any showroom, so can not confirm but I got calls from two representatives as soon as I proceeded towards payments page. But as far as we all know, this cannot be correct.

Skoda online booking website: https://www.buyskodaonline.co.in/booknow.aspx
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:26   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranseb View Post
Hi folks! I have been following this thread actively. Need some help from the experts here. I found this oily (or wet?) patch in the underbody behind the rear left wheel. Any idea what this could be? I have not driven the car over water.

I may be wrong but either it's a leak of some sorts or just some foreign liquid that was splashed and spontaneously evaporated behind the exhaust's heat shield.
If you are not absolutely sure take it to any Skoda service or a trusted FNG to lift the car and do a preliminary inspection.
Hopefully it's not a leak. Best of luck.
pratyush369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:35   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
How come Skoda India website still shows the Octavia options and dealers are saying that the car is available? I have not physically visited any showroom, so can not confirm but I got calls from two representatives as soon as I proceeded towards payments page. But as far as we all know, this cannot be correct.

Car websites are notorious for outdated information.

Most probably the Octavia is no longer available in India. If you are lucky you might find it. I also hear most dealerships had sold their demo cars as well early last month.

Skoda has targeted to sell their BS 6 (Non Phase ll) models before April 23, if for any reason this target was not met you might be able to find one.
Old 3rd April 2023, 13:48   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post

Just checked online and Octavia is no longer available for online booking via website though Superb is still available for booking.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-skodaindia.png

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-superbbooking.png
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 17:54   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
What has one year been like?
Nothing short of amazing. I’ve done 12,600 on the ODO and most of them if not all are highway mile munching between Bangalore - Chennai and Bangalore - Goa. I have had a couple of snags with the infotainment system’s electronics but otherwise the car has been brilliant every single day.
Amazing post Rahul and it felt going through your journey with my eyes. Heartening to see a die hard fan like me. I have clocked 4k and hoping to touch 12k soon.

Thanks for re-assuring the trust in this machine and you rightly said, upgrade from Octavia in future will be a tough challenge. I drove BMW 2 series and it stands no where in front of Octavia in overall experience and power at hand.

It was delight to read your post

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th April 2023 at 18:42. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 6th April 2023, 10:03   #1462
BHPian

The most fun to drive car under 40 lakh is gone finally. Skoda Octavia discontinued. Wondering why haven’t the discontinued the other cars in their stable like Superb and Kodiaq with same engine.
Sad news for all the enthusiasts.
Old 6th April 2023, 11:01   #1463
BHPian

Guys, is there a way to control rear windows lock in Octavia. I didn't find it on driver side door. All I see are two small buttons and they seem to be child lock for back doors.

Rear windows control buttons were available on driver door in my Skoda Rapid however not able to detect the same in Octavia.
Old 6th April 2023, 11:06   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
My car just came out of service with a software update completed as well. Will read up the manual a bit to see if there are other options.
Hi,

I have come for first service, but these guys during job card creation said there is no update in the system. I still asked them to tell the engineer to check.

Can you tell me more about the update such as version etc. which I can tell to these guys.
Old 8th April 2023, 08:28   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Hi,

I have come for first service, but these guys during job card creation said there is no update in the system. I still asked them to tell the engineer to check.

Can you tell me more about the update such as version etc. which I can tell to these guys.
I was told the HU software update was needed on my car since I had complained of headlight related errors popping up a couple of times. I don’t think there is a new software version since the UI is still the same. This to me seemed like a classic case of shut down and restart solutions on Windows PC. The lights related error report did come back recently, post service as well. Haven’t bothered since all lights work fine and errors go away when I restart the car. My car has completed 15k kms so far in 10 months. No issues to report here.

That being said, I definitely think there is an update available for the digital cockpit. A few pages back on this thread, I’ve posted about a view that’s available on the newer lot of octys as compared to what I have. That may be worth enquiring.
Endless.... is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 21:14   #1466
BHPian

I also got some software updated, not sure what that was for. Seems like something related to audio system and the parking sensor rated issues. Lets see if I face any more problems on those areas.
Old 13th April 2023, 12:01   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranseb View Post
Hi folks! I have been following this thread actively. Need some help from the experts here. I found this oily (or wet?) patch in the underbody behind the rear left wheel. Any idea what this could be? I have not driven the car over water.
Volkswagen group cars are filled with wax in underbody cavities to prevent rust from water getting trapped in the cavities. This wax on getting warm sometimes ooze out, so it might be that.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 15:50   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Volkswagen group cars are filled with wax in underbody cavities to prevent rust from water getting trapped in the cavities. This wax on getting warm sometimes ooze out, so it might be that.
The front portion of my Kodiaq's underbody is covered with some slimy stuff - Lower arms, drive shafts, subframe, underbody shields etc. It looks like grease at some places and like a wax in other areas. But there is no visible leakage of oil or grease from any of the parts.
Old 13th April 2023, 20:22   #1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Wow! I was not aware of this. The service centre said there is nothing to worry. Thanks for your response.
Old 16th April 2023, 23:00   #1470

Recently bought Octavia L & K model.

Pros: 1. The driving experience of the car is amazing. Great ride quality and handling.
2. Looks amazing. Has a presence and stands out.
3. Park assist works fine in the little that I have tried.

Cons: 1. Using the Infotainment system feels a bit difficult so far. Have to wait and see if the reason for difficulty is because it’s new to me or the UI itself.
2. Disappointed with the tyre’s. Surely not Goodyear for a car in this segment.
3. No 360 degree camera.

I shall post a detailed ownership review in few weeks.
KarCloud is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks