Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 03:10   #1411
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
On this occasion I decided to get an original double sided boot mat for the Octavia (Part number 5E6 061 163). TAFE Access has been helpful in ordering this for me at my request (product is on backorder and I will share some pictures once received)
Hey GeeTee TSI, will the Skoda service centre be able to procure any spare part / accessories from the global catalogue? Please share the catalogue if you have it.

Are you aware of any implication on warranty if you’re fitting one of the global variant parts on our cars? For eg: 18/19” alloys
T0TALITY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 09:28   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
Hey GeeTee TSI, will the Skoda service centre be able to procure any spare part / accessories from the global catalogue? Please share the catalogue if you have it.

Are you aware of any implication on warranty if you’re fitting one of the global variant parts on our cars? For eg: 18/19” alloys
You could give a try with a part number and maybe you would be pleasantly surprised as I was, when SA mentioned he could order mine.I referred to this attachment from Skoda global site (that way you're sure that the part number would be spot on)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf octavia-accessories.pdf (6.38 MB, 257 views)
Old 6th March 2023, 09:42   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
You could give a try with a part number and maybe you would be pleasantly surprised as I was, when SA mentioned he could order mine.I referred to this attachment from Skoda global site (that way you're sure that the part number would be spot on)
Thanks this is helpful, could you let me know how much you ended up paying for the boot mat and also if the payment was upfront or post delivery? Was there any import duties / additional tariffs?
Old 6th March 2023, 10:49   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
Thanks this is helpful, could you let me know how much you ended up paying for the boot mat and also if the payment was upfront or post delivery? Was there any import duties / additional tariffs?
Details are in this (Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review) post, payment was 100% in advance
Old 7th March 2023, 18:51   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
That's an amazing navigation display. I'm leaning towards an Octavia for my next purchase. !
Not sure if you are aware, this variant's production has been stopped, and you might not be able purchase this. In preowned market, I rarely see this model. Next one to be launched would be the 1.4L PHEV variant.

But if you still manage to find a new one do update us. It's a really nice car!
BudgetFailure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:53   #1416
BHPian

Quick update and initial impressions after 1500 KMS:

2.0 TSI is one of a monster to drive, yeah, it is very smooth on normal driving and when you need the power, it is readily available and it revs in a way that the engine asks you "Do you still want more "

I will probably skip most of the topics discussed earlier (Drive quality, DSG performance etc) and focus on the main points that came up in my journey of Octavia vs Tiguan

GC - It is not at all an issue. Irony is, it didnot even scrape a bump with 5 on board where my Polo scrapped. (Im not sure how an 168mm GC performs poor than 138mm GC!). The suspension is tuned in a way that the undulations are well covered where my polo has a bit bounce after a bump that scrapes the belly. (I may be wrong, but trust me, i took it to the same route where i drive my polo and octavia didnot scrap any)

Infotainment - It is not much intuitive to operate, very laggy and wireless / wired Android auto is worse in terms of audio quality. Bluetooth is better. I badly miss the canton system too!, planning for a retrofit from some reputed OEM installers and open for suggestions.

Cornering - Since the suspension is soft, there seems to be a drag, and you need to be cautious when taking hard corners. I come from polo and hence i had high expectations on cornering and navigating through highway traffic. Nevertheless, it is not too bad unlike other models in this range.

Headlights - The AFS is cool, lits up adequately and had no issues in it. However, the user manual says it has Martix functions and high beam assist for oncoming traffic (Auto dimming the respective LED) . I am not able to activate this and still figuring out how it works.

Engine - Never crossed 30k RPM still and driving religiously by keeping the revs low until the 2000 KM run in period is done. Never tried Manual and Sport mode yet.

Road presence - Yeah, this is a huge headturner and people easily mistake this for a premium vehicle.

Added these below to the car
  • Added Viofo 2CH A139 dashcam for 21000 INR (Leveraged the USB C port near IRVM)
  • 3M Nomads mats for 8000 INR (400/Sqft; 20sqft total)
  • All weather Tunnel mat (OEM)
  • Opted 4 years maintenance pack - 44999 INR
vagster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 09:59   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Headlights - The AFS is cool, lits up adequately and had no issues in it. However, the user manual says it has Martix functions and high beam assist for oncoming traffic (Auto dimming the respective LED) . I am not able to activate this and still figuring out how it works.
The manual is generic and not specific to India model specification. These features aren't available on cars sold here.
GoBlue is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:45   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post

[/list]
The headlights have matrix leds but India versions do not get radar based high/low beam control. The matrix leds work when you turn the steering wheel. You can notice it at very low speeds of 5-15 KMs and when there is a wall nearby in front such as circular ramp in parking lots when going up/down.

Can you tell more about the mats? Does it fit perfectly, and can you post some pictures?
Old 8th March 2023, 14:35   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
this variant's production has been stopped, and you might not be able purchase this. In preowned market, I rarely see this model. Next one to be launched would be the 1.4L PHEV variant
Yes, and I even saw some articles on their plans to bring the new one as a CBU. This car and it's 1.8 TSI (old unit) as well as 2.0 TSI will surely be missed.
As my purchase is far away, I'll wait for the new one's pricing and decide.
Old 8th March 2023, 20:23   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Congratulations mate!

Question for existing Octavia owners: In my MY22 Octavia, the area between the 2 dials is reserved for speed display, and all the other information such as trip distance, time, average speed etc is shown inside the dials. Is there a way we can switch to this view?
Saw a similar view on a Bhpians initial review of his new octavia thread. Couldn’t figure out how to get this to come up on my octavia yet. My car just came out of service with a software update completed as well. Will read up the manual a bit to see if there are other options.
Old 9th March 2023, 09:01   #1421
BHPian

[quote=Endless....;5508714]Saw a similar view on a Bhpians initial review of his new octavia thread. Couldn’t figure out how to get this to come up on my octavia yet. My car just came out of service with a software update completed as well. Will read up the manual a bit to see if there are other options.[/QUOTE

Nothing in the manual. Tried fiddling around with the settings as well. No luck.
Old 9th March 2023, 14:12   #1422
BHPian

Hello.

I'm considering upgrading from my current 4th Gen Honda City to the Skoda Octavia.

I've heard that Skoda will have to stop the sales of the Octavia/Superb from 31st March 2023 as Phase 2 of BS6 norms come into effect from 1st April.

I tried calling a couple of showrooms in Baroda and Ahmedabad expecting a heavy discount but neither of them are aware of the new rules.

I wanted to know if the salespersons are willfully ignorant about the news or will buyers still be able to buy the cars from 1st April 2023.
Old 9th March 2023, 14:55   #1423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
I wanted to know if the salespersons are willfully ignorant about the news or will buyers still be able to buy the cars from 1st April 2023.
You can buy but cannot register it, in an identical scenario to the BS-IV to BS-VI regime change.

Further, Skoda has not started that the Octavia/Superb are E20 compliant. Personally, I would avoid buying them.

Last edited by itwasntme : 9th March 2023 at 15:19.
Old 9th March 2023, 19:42   #1424
BHPian

Took delivery of this lovely machine a couple of weeks prior.

Did a Pune-Coorg-Pune road-trip to run the car in (ODO stands at 1985 km). It's a lovely machine which, in my personal view, has an extremely (desirable) supple ride quality for Indian roads. A fine GT car for cross-country touring.

Sharing some pics.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_8933.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_8883.jpg

Last edited by GoBlue : 9th March 2023 at 19:45.
GoBlue is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 12:30   #1425
BHPian

Fellow mates, one question, if we buy a pre owned octavia in a few months, transfer of ownership should not be a problem (with respect to this BS 6.2) , right ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks