Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2023, 01:05   #1516
BHPian

Glove Box Woes: Skoda Octavia MY22 - Quality Concerns?

My Skoda Octavia MY22 has been perfect. A week ago, I saw the glove box sagging from LHS. When I inspected it, the LHS of the Latch mechanism was not properly engaging.

Today suddenly glove box gave up and opened on its own.

Honestly, I expected more in terms of quality from Skoda. The car is driven only by two car enthusiasts and both of us drive very carefully on rough roads. Hopefully, this is just a one-off manufacturing defect and not a feature of Octavia.

Not a rant just spreading awareness.

pratyush369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 09:26   #1517
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Will it impact warranty terms and conditions? What about insurance claims?
Warranty for suspension parts could be rejected. Alloy damage insurance claims would 100% be rejected given how keen insurance companies are to find loopholes citing "not a stock alloy".

This car is sold with 18s/19s in other markets, so atleast the alloy change is feasible from that perspective. A key risk of moving to 18s is recurring tire damage due to our road conditions. Is this going to be an issue when touring cross country, is the use case dependent question to be answered.

If it's a city daily driver, shouldn't be a issue.

Have been through totally broken roads/potholes on the current 205/55/17 and it has been perfectly fine. No damage whatsoever, however, at the cost of high speed stability types fun. Handling in corners is also really bad - given the competent chassis dynamics otherwise.

Last edited by GoBlue : 17th May 2023 at 09:28.
Old 17th May 2023, 11:38   #1518

Re: Glove Box Woes: Skoda Octavia MY22 - Quality Concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
My Skoda Octavia MY22 has been perfect. A week ago, I saw the glove box sagging from LHS. When I inspected it, the LHS of the Latch mechanism was not properly engaging.

Today suddenly glove box gave up and opened on its own.

Honestly, I expected more in terms of quality from Skoda. The car is driven only by two car enthusiasts and both of us drive very carefully on rough roads. Hopefully, this is just a one-off manufacturing defect and not a feature of Octavia.

Not a rant just spreading awareness.

https://Youtu.be/mrwe7HWa4KM
I had this problem too and recently took it up during the first yearly service of my car(Also MY22). The guy told me it was a common issue and one way to resolve it is to push both the left and right ends of the compartment while closing instead of trying to push from the centre.

I know it's a minor inconvenience but this has actually improved the situation significantly for me.
DeeEssJi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 20:46   #1519
BHPian

My friend has a white 2022 Skoda Octavia Style. He was trying to find if the below retrofits can be done in his vehicle.
  • Upgrade to Matrix headlamps with cornering function from L&K variant
  • Install powered seats for front passenger seat
  • Have a powered tail gate

Also, Is it advisable to go with PPF for white body color?

Thanks
vinaydatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 11:05   #1520
BHPian

Have anyone observed the wiper speed in Octavia on the slightly slower side?

On heavy rains, with the wiper set at maximum speed, it still feels slow and the visibility is affected. I did not find this in Polo, the max wiper speed was adequate.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 19:13   #1521
BHPian

Guys...has anyone experienced error of "Park Distance Control". Suddenly my car deactivated park manoeuvering mechanism on its own and as a result all audio stopped. Though I Android auto was working but no sound from maps or even from Spotify. Not even radio. Also all sensors got deactivated as well. This error activated automatically as there was no external trigger. No impact whatsoever.

I parked and restarted the engine and the same error persisted.

Help appreciated ��
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20230523_103446268.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20230523_103201098.jpg  

Old 25th May 2023, 18:41   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
Guys...has anyone experienced error of "Park Distance Control". Suddenly my car deactivated park manoeuvering mechanism on its own and as a result all audio stopped. Though I Android auto was working but no sound from maps or even from Spotify. Not even radio. Also all sensors got deactivated as well. This error activated automatically as there was no external trigger. No impact whatsoever.

Help appreciated ��
Never seen this one before. Do you have an update from the ASS? TIA
Old 25th May 2023, 21:48   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
My car has turned mute twice in my ownership. However, I haven't seen a visible error on my instrument panel.

I mainly experienced it right after startup. For me, switching off the car, keeping it locked for 5mins and then doing business as usual solved the issue.

Are you still facing the issue?
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 05:08   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Guys...has anyone experienced error of "Park Distance Control". Suddenly my car deactivated park manoeuvering mechanism on its own and as a result all audio stopped. ��
I’ve had this error intermittently. Perhaps thrice over the course of the last year. In all three occasions, the common factor denominator appears to have been a partial obstruction of any of the multiple circular sensors located on the front and rear bumpers as also the sides of the vehicle. Twice this obstruction was owing to an accumulation of dust and in the third occasion it appeared owing to water beading over one of the sensors.

In all cases, the problem resolved with a thorough cleaning of the sensors.

Hope this resolves the issue
sassid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 06:43   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassid View Post
I’ve had this error intermittently. Perhaps thrice over the course of the last year. In all three occasions, the common factor denominator appears...
Thanks for the tip and this was the issue. Dust blocked one of the sensors and entire audio went kaput. I cleaned the bumper and the problem went away.

But this is bizzare because dust is always on the road and sensors should have been immune to dust and stuff. At 36 lakh OTR price you don't expect this and it can become a nuisance for long journeys.

I wonder if Skoda is aware of this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
My car has turned mute twice in my ownership. However, I haven't seen a visible error on my instrument...
Thanks. Cleaning rear and front bumper solved the issue. One of the sensors was blocked with dust

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2023 at 07:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE +) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks!
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 18:22   #1526
BHPian

Folks...holy grail moment...clocked mileage of 19KM while coming from gurgaon to Noida yesterday night in this 2.0 TSI, turbo petrol

Well! the sweet spot is between 65-70 KM/h and minimum breaking. Could capture speedometer when it showed 18.2 KM/L but could not snap a pic when it showed 19 KM/L.

I tried surpassing 19 KM/L but it didn't happen. Perhaps next time.

If driven smartly, this engine saves some fuel too

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20230525_175429608.jpg
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 08:58   #1527
BHPian

Well real world tests are different. I drive in all patterns:
a) 10-15% of the time sedate driving like 30-50 kmph even in fully traffic free scenarios
b) 80% of the time in normal traffic-y scenario in Bangaluru
c) 10-15% of the time like crazy driving enthusiast

I have used 1100 litres of fuel till now and the mileage is 9.2 kmpl.

By the way, I have also seen mileage of 22-25 kmpl instant mileage when driving at 60-80 kmph. But when you are on a highway its difficult to resist putting the cruise speed to 119 kmph.
Old 28th May 2023, 13:51   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Well real world tests are different. I drive in all patterns:...
In NCR Delhi, I'm clocking 11 to 12 Km/l mileage in office traffic from Noida to Gurgaon and back...I agree, this machine is build for highways and can cruise all without breaking a sweat...
Old 29th May 2023, 05:12   #1529
BHPian

Hi all,
Of late I am facing this problem almost daily, especially during the evening drives.
There's significant dew formation in the middle of the wind screen.
Everytime I increase the AC temperature and switch on Max speed on the instrument cluster.

But it's quite annoying while driving and affects visibility as well.
Has anyone found a solution for this issue.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230529_051130.jpg  

Old 29th May 2023, 07:28   #1530
BHPian

I guess MAX button toggles your AC draft output more to the vents near the wind screen and that's the reason you are experiencing this mist.

I haven't tried it myself but the icon max button seems to suggest the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks