Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:08   #1606
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
is the dealer not offering a warranty replacement?

I have asked them for a replacement under warranty but they sounded "it is due to misappropriate usage and I should have handled it very gently"

Will give another push to see if this can be replaced under warranty, but i highly doubt so.

I removed the cover and connected my dashcam by supporting the port from the back and fixing the cover to its place. The problem will come when I disconnect it again, lol.

I find this part in Kodiaq to be built good and sturdy.
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:37   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
I have asked them for a replacement under warranty but they sounded "it is due to misappropriate usage and I should have handled it very gently"

Will give another push to see if this can be replaced under warranty, but i highly doubt so.

I removed the cover and connected my dashcam by supporting the port from the back and fixing the cover to its place. The problem will come when I disconnect it again, lol.

I find this part in Kodiaq to be built good and sturdy.
As far as I know, Kodiaq does not get a port for dash cam on the mirror housing, this is feature exclusively available on Octavia as of now.
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:00   #1608
BHPian

Sorry for not being specific . It is the Kodiaq on the Global market and not the one sold in India.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:43   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Best case it is the battery which will be changed under warranty; however they may keep the car for a day or so, do be prepared for that.

Worst case could be rat bite or other damage to the wiring loom. Have you noticed rats earlier?
Update: No rat bites or battery issues. Someone seems to have plugged in the fuses in the wrong terminals. How this happened is beyond me.

Huge shoutout to Jai Skoda, Sarita Vihar for identifying the issue and fixing it super quickly and keeping me updated on the progress throughout.
abhishek2684 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 09:42   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2684 View Post
Update: No rat bites or battery issues. Someone seems to have plugged in the fuses in the wrong terminals. How this happened is beyond me.

Huge shoutout to Jai Skoda, Sarita Vihar for identifying the issue and fixing it super quickly and keeping me updated on the progress throughout.
IIRC, you were on the lookout for a pre-owned Octy, were these issues present when you inspected the car? Do the fuses in the wrong terminal indicate some manual tampering? Would be good to get a thorough scan and evaluation done still to have peace of mind.
Old 23rd August 2023, 11:46   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
plugged in the fuses in the wrong terminals
The fuse box sits beside the glove box I believe. It is not easy to swap them normally.
Had your car been to the service centre earlier? If yes, you need to check why was this done for peace of mind. Or if any after-market fitments are made (Dashcam hardwiring or something similar) that could involve tapping the fuse box.
Old 23rd August 2023, 12:59   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
IIRC, you were on the lookout for a pre-owned Octy, were these issues present when you inspected the car? Do the fuses in the wrong terminal indicate some manual tampering? Would be good to get a thorough scan and evaluation done still to have peace of mind.
Nope, no errors before. Got the car checked from Mody Skoda in Mumbai (Where I got the car from). Skoda did ask me if the car was tampered with because the fuses were in the wrong spot, but none that I'm aware of, and the car has a clean service history (On-paper at least). Got it thoroughly checked from them yesterday and they said the car is perfectly fine now. *fingers crossed*

Quote:
The fuse box sits beside the glove box I believe. It is not easy to swap them normally.
Had your car been to the service centre earlier? If yes, you need to check why was this done for peace of mind. Or if any after-market fitments are made (Dashcam hardwiring or something similar) that could involve tapping the fuse box.
It went to the service centre before I purchased the car for its annual service and checkup. No after-market fitments were made on it either, no dash cam etc, nothing. I was earlier thinking of getting some features coded (Dynamic Response and Mirror Dip etc), but will refrain from doing so. Best to keep the car untouched outside of Skoda.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by graaja : 23rd August 2023 at 13:37. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:05   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
I was earlier thinking of getting some features coded (Dynamic Response and Mirror Dip etc), but will refrain from doing so. Best to keep the car untouched outside of Skoda.

No issues with remote coding of 'comfort features' like Dynamic response, speed warning delete etc, that's done using an OBD port anyway. Mirror Dip works fine during reverse and is enabled as standard.

However, in your case specifically, I would suggest you first run through your vehicle for a few thousand KMs, build a camaraderie with the car and then can safely execute such changes. Cheers and congratulations on your new beast.
Old 25th August 2023, 19:30   #1614
BHPian

hi Friends,

I'm facing a bizarre issue sporadically in my Octavia 2022 L&K model. If I park my car on a dusty ground or with small pebbles, the parking sensors stop working. Maneuver brakes deactivate and car audio conks off. Even music is not audible anymore. It happened to me on recent highway trip where I had to wash all sensors and then the audio & maneuver brakes resumed.

Did anyone else face this? Is there a permanent solution to this?

Also can we switch off maneuver braking for long term? I deactivated it but it resumes each time you re-start the car.
Old 27th August 2023, 06:02   #1615
BHPian

Update:
One year service done during second week of August.
I was reporting a screeching noise from the brakes from the time I bought the car.
And over the period of last 1 year, there was some noise from the back while driving over bad surfaces..

While the latter was resolved as part of Service, the former continued to be there even after I took delivery.
Had to visit the Service centre once again with the same complaint.
This time they applied lubricants in the back wheels after removing them.
Subsequently, I have not faced the issue, but still fingers crossed.

I had opted for a 3M Gem cleaning of the interiors.
But I am not very happy with the outcome, should have gone for cleaning outside and not in the Service centre.

3M ceramic booster was also done.

Overall I would say Service wise it was good.
Old 28th August 2023, 11:17   #1616
BHPian

Made a couple of trips back and forth to Chennai recently and observed (another Not simply clever feature) that the message about the driver assist system "Take a break" just pops in when you drive non-stop for 3 hours and the subsequent alerts at every 15 minutes.

It doesn't seem to recognise the 'Driving pattern' or 'Steering feedback', rather just focused on how long the car is on spin.

Is this how the system is intended to work? If yes, then I don't think this makes any sense.

Also, Has anyone coded their MY 2022 Octavia for the Vrs skin? I have done it and i do not see the RPM at the console. I can see a RPM gauge, but just doesn't display anything.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:15   #1617

Hello fellow Octy enthusiasts,

I’m glad that I finally own the beast that ignited my fascination of cars in my teens and early twenties. And, what a magnificent one it is!
I took the decision almost as soon as I read about the discontinuation in team-bhp. My experience with Rapid for the past 8+ years made it a straightforward easy one. I was offered 50k discount and free essentials kit by PPS Skoda at Kalyan Nagar. The delivery was at Jakkur as the showroom at Kalyan Nagar is situated in first floor and both dealer and I preferred the satisfying drive of the new car out of the showroom itself.
The experience was pretty smooth with all the advice and assistance I got from all you in this thread and team-bhp itself with its PDI and delivery checklist.
Thank you so much, everyone.

Sorry shutterbugs, I’m not a big fan of clicking pictures. So, here are a couple with not much photogenic elements.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-2.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-3.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-1.jpg

Got 10H graphite coating done at Carzspa, Kalyan Nagar with a good value of money package. The experience was an okay one with few mistakes done by the personnel during the job. However, I have been promised a good follow-through in subsequent maintenance sessions and generic cleaning services.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-4.jpg

I reckon there’s enough said about the driving experience of the Octy. So, I’ll not go into the technicalities. It’s an absolute bliss driving the 2L beast on the highways. I had actually thought I’d miss the ‘Stick’ given we only get DSG option, but driving in Bangalore traffic is not giving me those blues at all. 5000 kms done in 5 months now and hoping for much more.

I’m not a big fan of the whole ‘Elegant and Chrome’ pairing that has been plaguing the market for quite a few years now. Looking for dechroming opinion and assistance from you guys on this.

Vinyl wrap vs PlastiDip vs Painting? Which is better with few pointer as well please. Please provide few references in Bangalore for the job as well.

I was very much impressed by the images shared by
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
The chrome delete was always on the cards from Day 1. An appointment at OCD chennai brought my vision to life. Gotta say, this look really brings out the character.

The project isn’t done yet. Multiple performance upgrades pending purely for warranty reasons but we’re getting there.

Attachment 2462844

Attachment 2462845

Attachment 2462846

Attachment 2462847
Could you please share more details on the job?
Mayday22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 16:44   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday22 View Post
Sure thing, below are the list of visual mods

- Painted Gloss Black ( Grill Housing, Fog lamp housing, ORVM Caps, Logos/Lettering, Windows chrome beadings)
- 50% Tint on rear reflectors to match the darker red of the tail lamps
- 70% tint on all windows and 90% tint on windshield
- VRS Logo on the front grill (you may choose to skip this but I wanted to add that red accents)

WIP
- Painting the brake callipers red (will void warranty)
- Sourced a set of cobra lowering springs but decided against installing it. Will directly get a set of coilovers later. This is both for stance and performance characteristics hence adding it here.

Don’t bother with upgrading the wheels unless you have significant budget to go for BBS ones. I had to go through a lot of trouble/research to fine tune the refinement aspect of new wheels. In hindsight, I’d have spent a significant premium on the bbs ones. Have my eyes on a set of CHRs (my next bday gift to myself probably )
T0TALITY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 05:42   #1619
BHPian

Congratulations and happy motoring!!

I got my car de-chrome'd at a nearby stickering guy for just 800Rs. Its a Vinyl wrap so easy to remove in future. Only the front grill was done.
Attached pic for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday22 View Post

I’m not a big fan of the whole ‘Elegant and Chrome’ pairing that has been plaguing the market for quite a few years now. Looking for dechroming opinion and assistance from you guys on this.

Vinyl wrap vs PlastiDip vs Painting? Which is better with few pointer as well please. Please provide few references in Bangalore for the job as well.

Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img202303131739552-1.jpg  

denomathew is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 08:56   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Made a couple of trips back and forth to Chennai recently and observed (another Not simply clever feature) that the message about the driver assist system "Take a break" just pops in when you drive non-stop for 3 hours and the subsequent alerts at every 15 minutes.

It doesn't seem to recognise the 'Driving pattern' or 'Steering feedback', rather just focused on how long the car is on spin.

Is this how the system is intended to work? If yes, then I don't think this makes any sense.
Hi, Even I did a few sufficiently long trips recently. Like yours, these were ‘non-stop’ and all of them were well over 3 hours long. So far, the ‘Take a Break’ message has appeared only on one of the trips I’ve made, which was back when I had just got the vehicle and not on one of these recent trips. Interestingly, it happened just about an hour after the lunch stop. Certainly doesn’t look like the message pops on continuously driving for 3 hours and not as per the driver behaviour.

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 1st September 2023 at 08:58. Reason: Typo
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks