Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 23:47   #1591
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Would really appreciate it if someone could do me a favour and measure the rear boot length with the rear seats folded down. From the lip of the boot to the front seat in an average driver position.
Old 31st July 2023, 19:44   #1592
BHPian

Re: Glove Box Woes: Skoda Octavia MY22 - Quality Concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
Update on the Glove box Issue:
It is now close to 3 months that I reported this issue to Skoda.
I am in a similar issue where the driver-side door trim has to be replaced, it's been over 2 months and the part is expected to arrive sometime this week. The reasons being shared for the delay are attributed to the nature of the spare part ordered, a door trim or a glovebox is not something which is requested frequently. A bad horn under warranty was sourced and replaced in a week's time.
rahul1407 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 14:41   #1593
BHPian

Sharing the audio upgrade on the new octavia here.

Got my Octavia 2022 ICE'd from Speedfreaks, here is my experience. (Car Audio Installation : Speedfreaks (Anna Nagar, Chennai))
vagster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 20:39   #1594
BHPian

Re: Glove Box Woes: Skoda Octavia MY22 - Quality Concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
I have written to Skoda and expecting a reply soon will keep the community posted on the same.
Update:
Went to the PPS Skoda Okalipuram Service today reached early at around 9:30am and gave the car in for glove box compartment replacement under warranty.
Being Saturday, the service center was packed. The car was taken in and SAs started taking video of the issue, there were multiple pictures taken & documents generated.

Then after an hour, I saw the new glove box compartment, it is made in Poland (Cost was around Rs. 13000-14000)and the replacement job was fairly straight forward. Couldn't take picture while replacement was being done.

Replacement glovebox compartment
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-glove_box.jpeg

After the replacement was done some more videos and pictures were taken as this was a warranty replacement I was in the service for almost 4.5hrs.

Before I took delivery the car was connected to the vehicle diagnostics system to capture the logs and to see if there we any error codes.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-scanner.jpeg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-scanner_1.jpeg

Finally took the delivery checked the car one last time and left.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-car_1_ed.jpeg
pratyush369 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 19:16   #1595
BHPian

I am noticing a minor niggle, the tyre nuts have a cap that is coming off easily on monsoon ravaged roads

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230731_111200.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230731_111154.jpg

6 of these were missing on 2 tyres and I got the replacement ones from the dealer at Rs 75 a piece, the replaced ones have fallen off too, I am now thinking of removing all the caps and leaving the nuts as is to maintain uniformity, I have reached to Skoda for a solution as well

My cousin who has a Slavia is facing the same issue
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img20230731wa0022.jpg
abaliga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 13:32   #1596
BHPian

I have identified a new feature in paddle shifters (Probably most of them would already know).

When you use paddles to change gears, DSG takes some time to get back to D or we may have to choose D from the selector to change the mode back to Drive.

When you press the right paddle for a brief of about 2-3 seconds, the gearbox automatically changes to D from M mode. I find it super convenient especially when you decide to take a sudden overtake and continue to cruise without waiting for the Gearbox to shift to D.

I have tried this on New Octavia, Old Octavia (2016), and Tiguan 2023 and it works. I believe it should work on all VAG vehicles with paddles.
vagster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 22:42   #1597
BHPian

Hi fellow TeamBHP members!

Today I saw a slew of errors in my Octavia A8 L&K MY 2022.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_0193.jpg

1. Error: Brake. Please visit Workshop
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_0194.jpg
2. Error: Hill Start Assist
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_0195.jpg
3. Error: Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_0196.jpg
4. Brake servo is restricted
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_0197.jpg
5. Fault: electronic parking brake
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_0198.jpg

(Pictures attached below). Has anyone seen these errors before? Everything in the car seems to be working find apart from these errors that keep popping up in the Infotainment and 'Brake Servo is Restricted' error in the Virtual Cockpit.

Taking the car to Skoda tomorrow. Hopefully this will be an easy fix and not something that will warrant it sitting in the workshop for months.

Any help on the above will be greatly appreciated!
Old 21st August 2023, 23:03   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2684 View Post
Hi fellow TeamBHP members!

(Pictures attached below). Has anyone seen these errors before? Everything in the car seems to be working find apart from these errors that keep popping up in the Infotainment and 'Brake Servo is Restricted' error in the Virtual Cockpit.

Taking the car to Skoda tomorrow. Hopefully this will be an easy fix and not something that will warrant it sitting in the workshop for months.

Any help on the above will be greatly appreciated!
Usually the VW-Skoda cars throw such errors when the battery voltage is on lower side or when the battery is about to give up.
neoonwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 23:10   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Usually the VW-Skoda cars throw such errors when the battery voltage is on lower side or when the battery is about to give up.
Thanks so much for such a speedy response. My heart was about to give up.
Would you suggest a battery replacement or just recharging it should suffice?
abhishek2684 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 23:19   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for such a speedy response. My heart was about to give up.
Would you suggest a battery replacement or just recharging it should suffice?
I would suggest to take it to service center. They would hook up the scanner to make sure if there are any other issues. Christmas lighting in console is not new on VWs/Skoda for battery issues. My Jetta had shown all kinds of errors when the battery had gone bad.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 23:42   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest to take it to service center. They would hook up the scanner to make sure if there are any other issues. Christmas lighting in console is not new on VWs/Skoda for battery issues. My Jetta had shown all kinds of errors when the battery had gone bad.
Thanks! Taking the car to Skoda tomorrow to get it checked out.
Old 22nd August 2023, 08:41   #1602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Best case it is the battery which will be changed under warranty; however they may keep the car for a day or so, do be prepared for that.

Worst case could be rat bite or other damage to the wiring loom. Have you noticed rats earlier?
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 11:11   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Best case it is the battery which will be changed under warranty; however they may keep the car for a day or so, do be prepared for that.

Worst case could be rat bite or other damage to the wiring loom. Have you noticed rats earlier?
Yeah, I think it kinda goes with the territory. German cars do take a lot of time with servicing and fixing errors etc.

No rats before, the engine guard seems intact and flush, couldn't find and spots rats could enter - but you never know with those squeaky little buggers.
abhishek2684 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:29   #1604
BHPian

The plastic housing the dash camera port is 'very' fragile and needs to be handled with care.

Just a push with slight force (When connecting my dash camera) has set the port inside and the mount has broken.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-whatsapp-image-20230822-13.23.29.jpeg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-whatsapp-image-20230822-13.23.35.jpeg

Skoda says the 'entire housing' with the connector is to be replaced costing a few thousand bucks

Is anyone facing the same issue? I'm unsure about the part number to source it separately.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:58   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
The plastic housing the dash camera port is 'very' fragile and needs to be handled with care.

Just a push with slight force (When connecting my dash camera) has set the port inside and the mount has broken.

Skoda says the 'entire housing' with the connector is to be replaced costing a few thousand bucks

Is anyone facing the same issue? I'm unsure about the part number to source it separately.
I can vouch for the cheap build of this port, one needs to be very careful, best to get the entire housing replaced, is the dealer not offering a warranty replacement?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks