Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 05:08   #1441
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

RIP to these absolute steal deal beauties. They were 'luxury at discounted prices'.
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 07:50   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
It seems that the Octavia is still available for booking online. When enquired with a dealer he says they are not accepting bookings anymore. Anyone have an idea what the real status is?
Octavia is sold out - no stock at Aurangabad plant (as per Pune dealer, they are not taking bookings anymore).

Last edited by GoBlue : 23rd March 2023 at 08:12.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:12   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
I bought service maintenance package today @ 50K.

Although I have already purchased it, wanted to check with you guys about servicing cost in Bangalore for 1st or 2nd service, to see if I made the right decision. I am assuming if I have package, they would not mention the actual cost of service, hence my question.
I also got 3 year service package for INR 45k when I bought my car in Sep'22. For comparison I did calculation from Skoda site on 3 year service cost and it came to approx. 52k. Now add 8-9% inflation the cost jacks up to 55k. So I guess, its profitable to purchase service pack upfront.
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 20:27   #1444
BHPian

I have a query about stock tyres on Octavia 2022 L&K model. I'm aware the current GoodYears are not reliable (couple of tyre burst incidents). My car is has run 3500 Kms, so should I change tyres now and may be get a good value?
If yes, should I go for 225/17 Michelin or Continental? Which will be a good and safe option here?
Looking for some wisdom and experience guys
Old 25th March 2023, 14:29   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
I have a query about stock tyres on Octavia 2022 L&K model. I'm aware the current GoodYears are not reliable (couple of tyre burst incidents). My car is has run 3500 Kms, so should I change tyres now and may be get a good value?
If yes, should I go for 225/17 Michelin or Continental? Which will be a good and safe option here?
I am one of those unlucky ones who had a tyre burst incident and lost 2 tyres at 1000 km on Odo. I switched all tyres with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 225/50/R17.

The plus sides are improved handling and steering precision by a few notches. The negatives include stiffer ride quality, a marginal drop in fuel economy (due to fatter tyre profile) and these tyres in particular have lower running mileage.

Doing a bit of a retrospective, If I were to go back in time and make a choice again, then I might as well consider Michelin Primary 4 Series as that would have given me a softer ride quality. But that's just me.

However, talking about Continental, I don't have experience with the brand yet so I can't comment or make any comparison.
rahul1407 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 16:02   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Octavia definitely deserves better tyres, my suggestion is to change it even if you lose some money.
I had upsized to 225/45/17 Continental SC5 tyres in my 2016 Octavia. My obvious choice was Michelin PS4, but due to supply issues during Covid went with CSC5.
Having driven 15k+ kms, I am super happy with the performance. Even after being low profile and after having driven in worst of the roads there are Zero damage to the alloys or tyre. And high speed stability and handling is very impressive. It is definitely stiffer, more to do with low profiles and Bilstein B6 but totally worth it.
Now when I have to change the tyres, it’s going to be a difficult decision. As much as a fan of Michelin PS4 I am, CSC5 is super impressive and exceeded all my expectations.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 19:16   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
I have had a Michelin P3ST and Conti CC6 burst on the Polo. So tire bursts may not really be attributed solely with these Goodyears.

My suggestion would be to evaluate use-case for selecting tires. In my opinion, if the Octy is being used as a family car, the stock tires provide excellent ride quality.

However, if the car is primarily being used for driving fun (read aggressive driving), then a tire change could be beneficial.

Losing out on ride quality in favour of Michelin PS4 is not something I am looking forward to, because that ride quality was one of the key reasons for selecting the Octavia.

Last edited by GoBlue : 25th March 2023 at 19:17.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 19:34   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Octavia definitely deserves better tyres, my suggestion is to change it even if you lose some money.
I had upsized to 225/45/17 Continental SC5 tyres in my 2016 Octavia. My obvious choice was Michelin PS4, but due to supply issues during Covid went with CSC5.
Having driven 15k+ kms, I am super happy with the performance. Even after being low profile and after having driven in worst of the roads there are Zero damage to the alloys or tyre. And high speed stability and handling is very impressive. It is definitely stiffer, more to do with low profiles and Bilstein B6 but totally worth it.
Now when I have to change the tyres, it’s going to be a difficult decision. As much as a fan of Michelin PS4 I am, CSC5 is super impressive and exceeded all my expectations.
Thanks. I used Continental in my Rapid for 5 years and they were superb. I'll surely keep in my list when I go for a change...
Old 25th March 2023, 19:36   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
I have had a Michelin P3ST and Conti CC6 burst on the Polo. So tire bursts may not really be attributed solely with these Goodyears.

My suggestion would be to evaluate use-case for selecting tires. In my opinion, if the Octy is being used as a family car, the stock tires provide excellent ride quality.

However, if the car is primarily being used for driving fun (read aggressive driving), then a tire change could be beneficial.

Losing out on ride quality in favour of Michelin PS4 is not something I am looking forward to, because that ride quality was one of the key reasons for selecting the Octavia.
Very practical suggestion...Thanks. For me it's family as I don't do off-road drive, so I might as well continue and get that ROI.
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 22:46   #1450
BHPian

Hello all,
Thanks to the 15 year scrapping rule in Delhi I was in the market to replace 2 of my cars that hit 14 this year. One car I had my eyes on was the Octavia, well not too much choice in sedans in this bracket anyway.

About 10 days back I took home a blue Octavia L&K and am thrilled. I do miss the Canton sound as the demo vehicle did have that and we loved it.

The tyres are pitiful and tomorrow I am changing them to Michelin Primacy 4.

Does anyone else have noisy brakes ? Especially at low speed and when releasing the brakes at a traffic light, its noisy like a scraping sound.

cheers.
ankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 19:18   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur View Post
Hello all,
Thanks to the 15 year scrapping rule in Delhi I was in the market to replace 2 of my cars that hit 14 this year. One car I had my eyes on was the Octavia, well not too much choice in sedans in this bracket anyway.

About 10 days back I took home a blue Octavia L&K and am thrilled. I do miss the Canton sound as the demo vehicle did have that and we loved it.

The tyres are pitiful and tomorrow I am changing them to Michelin Primacy 4.

Does anyone else have noisy brakes ? Especially at low speed and when releasing the brakes at a traffic light, its noisy like a scraping sound.

cheers.
First, Heartiest Congratulations for a great buy

On brake noise, off late (my Octi is Sep 22 buy) I'm also experiencing the same. Its kind of jerk/lurch sound at low speeds. Dunno know what caused it because typically it happens when car wades through tyre deep water and my car didn't have to go through that. Just to add, this noise is coming when I'm releasing brake and not while actual braking.

I have to take it to service station to get it diagnosed however if your brand new car is also experiencing the same then its a concern.

Any other who might be experiencing the same?

Last edited by Travelfarbeyond : 30th March 2023 at 19:20.
Old 30th March 2023, 20:03   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Dear fellow Octavia owners,
I am trying to pair 2 Mobile devices to my Octavia.
Was thinking of using 1 mobile as Source for GMaps, and the other one as a Bluetooth source just to play music.
In my Mk7 Golf with MIB v2, you can pair two mobiles when not using Carplay/AA. However if you switch to Carplay/AA, then the whole bluetooth connectivity is disabled. I hope it's same in your Octavia too. I think there is no other alternative.
Old 31st March 2023, 08:19   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Dear fellow Octavia owners,
I am trying to pair 2 Mobile devices to my Octavia.
Was thinking of using 1 mobile as Source for GMaps, and the other one as a Bluetooth source just to play music.
I use this same setup seamlessly. The primary reason was to enjoy the crisp music using BT and not loosing modern connected feature tech. I initially had a setup with 2 iPhones and now with an iPhone and Android.

Once you pair both of them as an initial setup, then you can switch to AA on your desired device. Once that is done, the infotainment usually selects that one as a preferred device for AA going further.

Now to stream music from the other phone via BT, you can navigate to Radio/Media section from the main menu, and then click on the Media section to play from BT.

Another way around it would be to disable the Wireless Android Auto setting from the phone you wish to use for BT streaming. That will make it a persistent BT connection and doesn't switch to AA automatically. Hope that helps.
rahul1407 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:10   #1454
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2022 First Service Experience, Bengaluru PPS Skoda.

My Octavia crossed 13000Km on the ODO in Feb 2023. I have always believed if you are close to an oil change, It is better to get it done sooner than later. Especially if it is the first oil change, it is better to get it done a little sooner.
The recommended interval for the first service is 15K kms or one year. I purchased the service pack with the car that covered almost everything.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_085623.jpg

On 25th Feb, We visited the PPS Skoda service in Okalipuram, Bengaluru, early morning to avoid the weekend rush. Based on the ratings, PPS Skoda appears better than Tafe Access and Raja Skoda. The service center was a little far for us. It was not very accessible due to the narrow and busy road, but there was sufficient space to manage many cars at once. The staff was polite and humble. They were pleasant to deal with and knowledgeable about what they do.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_085634.jpg

I raised a few concerns during my visit. The first one was the rear door squeaking when driven over rough roads. Android auto cuts off automatically, irrespective of the device used. Car pulling to one side.

Reagan was our service advisor that day. He patiently explained the details of the work done on the first service and didn't try to sell us anything unnecessarily. He humbly asked us not to record inside the service bay, but taking pictures was fine.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_091502.jpg
(SA taking pictures before service)

Pre-Service Road Test

Regan filled out the Job card and sent another SA for a road test. Everything was quick and on point. We didn't see any concerns apart from the car pulling to the left because the wheel alignment was off.

Previously, I had visited PPS Okalipuram at the five thousand km mark for wheel alignment and balancing. Unfortunately, On that very day, technicians were calibrating the wheel alignment machine. SA told us that it was okay to get the wheels aligned outside.

Service

The SA took the car to the service bay and immediately started the work. I was monitoring the car from a safe distance and not getting in the way of the technicians.

A high-level overview of first service tasks:

• Engine oil change
  • Engine oil filter replacement
  • Air filter replacement
  • Cabin air filter cleaning
  • Lubrication of hinges
  • Inspection of wheels and brake pads
  • Reset service warning
  • Wahser fluid top up
  • Other inspection jobs (Battery Voltage, coolant, hydraulics fluid, etc.)

The technician cleaned & lubricated the door rubber seals to prevent squeaking. The product used was Wurth's Rubber & Plastic care spray. The tech told me that the squeaking is more noticeable when the rubber seals are dusty. The technician checked to ensure that the system was up to date by checking the version from the infotainment screen.

Overall, the service was professional and quick. I entered the service station at 9:30 am, and by noon we were done and given the gate pass. I was surprised at how fast it was.
After the service, we asked the SA not to wash the car and only vacuum the interiors. I prefer pressure washing the car with water and quality cleaning products over dry wash.

The service pack didn't include the brake pads, wheel balancing & wheel alignment. Since the brake pads were okay, the technicians did not replace them during this service. Also, I had the wheel balancing and alignment done at 5k km, but it was required since the car was pulling to the left.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_104753.jpg

Post-Service Road Test

After the service, we went for another road test. The car felt different (maybe just a placebo effect). It felt more responsive, especially the throttle response. I was satisfied. The only thing that was pending was the wheel alignment.

Finally, The SA generated the invoice with a total of Zero rupees which was a first for me. It almost felt wrong.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_111944.jpg

Wheel Alignment @Madhus Tyre Centre Wilson Garden

A quick search in Team-Bhp forums revealed the most recommended place for wheel alignment in Bengaluru. Luckily we were close by. I immediately called Madhus tyre center and booked an appointment after asking if they had the data for the new Skoda Octavia 2022.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_125257.jpg

We Reached Madhus on time and saw a slew of premium german and Japanese cars in-line for wheel alignment.

The service as Madhus was quick and on point. The technician working on the car knew what to do and how to do it. He ensured all the markers were in the green. We didn't get the wheel balancing done because PPS Skoda had done it a month ago.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_125248.jpg

Note: NX (Lift back variants of Octavia) has independent rear suspensions, and it is electronically regulated according to this screen.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20230225_125939.jpg

At last, I Settled the invoice at Madhu's and went for a quick spin. Everything felt right, and I was satisfied.
pratyush369 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:58   #1455

Hi folks! I have been following this thread actively. Need some help from the experts here. I found this oily (or wet?) patch in the underbody behind the rear left wheel. Any idea what this could be? I have not driven the car over water.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img20230401121008.jpg  

kiranseb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks