Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 10:26   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
For me at least there was a puddle below the reservoir area which I noticed early on but didn’t really know what it was until this issue happened. Maybe it’ll help you. Do you see a puddle like this?
How long was the car parked in this spot before this picture was taken? Looks like water and not oil, could well be condensation from the AC due to the humid BLR weather.

Unusually high amount of water though!

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th April 2022 at 10:30.
Old 10th April 2022, 10:30   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
How long was the car parked in this spot before this picture was taken? Looks like water and not oil, could well be condensation from the AC due to the humid BLR weather.
No this was just the wiper fluid leaking overnight. Got it fixed - turned out the hose connecting to the reservoir was not connected properly as mentioned earlier.
Old 10th April 2022, 11:13   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Oh? I got it from the Tafe Access dealer near Silk Board. The colour is new and is only available on the L&K trim for 2022 models.
Actually I knew the colour is there only from the posts (yours including) on this forum, so I asked multiple dealers. They said that this colour is not there.

Also, from whatever brochures I downloaded from Skoda India website, this colour is not shown in the page. I would be happy if we get some hidden functional features which are not there in brochure
Old 10th April 2022, 11:46   #694
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
For me at least there was a puddle below the reservoir area which I noticed early on but didn’t really know what it was until this issue happened. Maybe it’ll help you. Do you see a puddle like this?
No nothing like this. I have been taking the car out last week almost daily, but didn’t see anything like this. Couple of days I was in office if it had leaked directly below the car and not seeped out of the car’s outline, there is a chance that I might have missed it. But nothing obvious that I could link it back to this alert.
Old 10th April 2022, 20:08   #695

Hello Everyone, this is my first ever post in team bhp. Glad to be a part of such an esteemed group which I have been following for over 10 years now. I have been following this thread very closely and glad to announce that I have booked a Skoda Octavia Style (white) variant in Gurgaon and the delivery is due on 15th April. I got a good deal and the final on road price is 29.79L. This includes extended warranty for 6 years, SMP and free accessories worth 15K.

I am already loosing sleep being excited about the octy baby. Looking forward to post more once I get the delivery. Cheers 😊
raj.rokr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 08:15   #696
BHPian

I’m very close to booking a MY 21 Style. Offer on hand is 31.77L including insurance for 90k which I won’t be needed since I’m taking the lease route. Anyone here seen better prices?

Also quick question on the road tax component- does it change as a percentage of ex showroom or is it a constant value basis the ex showroom rate as per vaahan? I ask since all quotes I received have the same road tax amount irrespective of ex showroom price.

TIA
Old 16th April 2022, 10:24   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I’m very close to booking a MY 21 Style. Offer on hand is 31.77L including insurance for 90k which I won’t be needed since I’m taking the lease route. Anyone here seen better prices?

Also quick question on the road tax component- does it change as a percentage of ex showroom or is it a constant value basis the ex showroom rate as per vaahan? I ask since all quotes I received have the same road tax amount irrespective of ex showroom price.

TIA
Are you sure its MY21? Bcos best to my knowledge the deep discounted Octavia's are still MY22 with 2021 VIN.

31.77L is an expensive quote for Style. One can get L&K MY22 VIN21 (if available) all inclusive in prices less than this.
Old 16th April 2022, 11:58   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Are you sure its MY21? Bcos best to my knowledge the deep discounted Octavia's are still MY22 with 2021 VIN.

31.77L is an expensive quote for Style. One can get L&K MY22 VIN21 (if available) all inclusive in prices less than this.
Thanks for that input. 31.58L including 90k for insurance is the latest quote. Insurance I won’t be needing. Lease company will bleed me for that one separately. This is in Bangalore. Road tax is obviously on the higher side. You maybe right about the 21 VIN. I will get more details and haggle further if needed.

Existing octavia owners: Took a test drive yesterday. Noticed that the car does not have a 12v socket in the front. Just USB C types. I run a dash cam and a cobra laser detector on my Polo which will be moved over to the octy if I do end up buying it. How are you folks solving for dashcam and other accessories that need 12v?
Old 16th April 2022, 12:17   #699
BHPian

Quote:
How are you folks solving for dashcam and other accessories that need 12v?
It depends on your dashcam type. If it comes with detachable cables, its easy to buy a supporting cable off amazon. I use a 70mai that comes with the unit, the cable and the 12v adaptor as 3 separate units. I easily get cables with USB-C connectors at one end and mini usb at the the other at amazon.

Quote:
laser detector
Off topic query, how effective is this detecting the speed detectors mounted on the interceptors that the BTP uses. While I don't believe in over speeding in city limits, the last time I got a challan was for doing 63Kmph on the ORR stretch which has 60Kmph as speed limit. In the west, they normally don’t stop until you go 5 over. The cops here are more about collecting money to meet quotas then caring for enforcing road safety.

Last edited by SR-71 : 16th April 2022 at 12:25.
Old 16th April 2022, 12:24   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Depends on your dashcam type. If it comes with detachable cables, then its easy to buy a supporting cable off amazon. I use a 70mai that comes with the unit, the cable and the 12v adaptor as 3 separate units. I easily get ones with USB-C pins off amazon.

Off topic query, how effective is this detecting the speed guns in the interceptors that the BTP uses. While I don't believe in over speeding in city limits, the last time I got a challan was for doing 63Kmph on the ORR stretch which has 60Kmph as speed limit. In US, they don't normally stop until you go 5 over. The cops here are more about collecting money then truly caring for enforcing road safety.
Thank you. I use the 70mai as well. So that’s solved. Still leaves me with the issue of connecting the radar detector though. This one does not come with a detachable adaptor nor does the other end of it have a USB type B or C.

I bought the detector primarily for my Kerala trips. Some of the speed limits are ridiculous to say the least and the device has been more than effective for this purpose. Model name cobra 480i. Had a friend carry this back for me from the US. Within town, if you don’t dial down the sensitivity, you do end up getting alerts when you pass by laser operated mall doors, parking barricades etc. Have not had the pleasure of passing by an interceptor within town so far I’m sure it will do the job though.

Last edited by Endless.... : 16th April 2022 at 12:33.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 14:03   #701
BHPian

TIA[/quote]

Existing style owners in Bangalore- Can you help me with the road tax you paid please? I got a quote for 527811 for an ex showroom price of 2499000. The math does not add up, hence the query.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 14:50   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

TIA
Existing style owners in Bangalore- Can you help me with the road tax you paid please? I got a quote for 527811 for an ex showroom price of 2499000. The math does not add up, hence the query.[/quote]

It is 20% Road tax and 1.2% municipal cess, so the numbers add up. This is on ex showroom price, unaffected by discounts, tax calculation doesn't depend on transaction price.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 20:08   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Also quick question on the road tax component- does it change as a percentage of ex showroom…
Karnataka RTO charges road tax and cess on published ex showroom price. Tax is 18% of the published ex showroom prices and a 20% cess on the tax. Discounts have no effect on this. I have attached the taxation schedule for reference.
Taxation Schedule.pdf

Last edited by SR-71 : 16th April 2022 at 20:20.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 09:50   #704
BHPian

Finally I am going to get my Octavia!!! I was waiting for allocation for more than a month since I booked on 13th March 2022.

When the time for allocation came in 1st week of April (this month), this is the update I got from the dealership:

1. Car (lava blue LnK) is not allocated to me in this month
2. It will not be allocated even next month due to chip scarcity as Skoda seems to have cut down on production of Octavia

I felt this may be plausible as Skoda production was impacted in Czech due to Ukraine war and I was thinking that we may face the bull-whip effect of it in supply chain few weeks after. I feel the same has started happening. With Kodiaq waiting period being 12 months, and most of the showrooms now saying that waiting period of Octavia L&K is 3 months (prev. they used to say 1 month), I was getting more uncomfortable waiting for the car.

So I went ahead and made another booking in another showroom for 2021 White L&K, and guess what - I got VIN allocated to me and hopefully I will get the car on 22nd or 25th April (depending on RTO formalities)! I will be happy to share all the pricing details once I have got the car at hand.

Hope everyone who booked gets their cars in due time

Need one help from the fellow BHPians . I was searching for Rain Visor or Door Visor for Octavia. Can someone tell me where can I find it online (or offline in Bangalore). Also, I could not find any nice key cover to protect the key as it seems to be a dust and fingerprint magnet and also scratch prone. In general I could not find many places to buy accessories from for this generation of Octavia.
Old 20th April 2022, 13:04   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post

Need one help from the fellow BHPians . I was searching for Rain Visor or Door Visor for Octavia. Can someone tell me where can I find it online (or offline in Bangalore). Also, I could not find any nice key cover to protect the key as it seems to be a dust and fingerprint magnet and also scratch prone. In general I could not find many places to buy accessories from for this generation of Octavia.
Congratulations Suvan! This car will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

The key is a fingerprint magnet for sure, so I got PPF applied on my key at Ultimate Detailerz when I got PPF for my Octavia. You can also buy a rubberized key case on Amazon. Here's the link.

According to my SA, there are a lot of high-quality accessories being imported for the Octavia from Czech Republic within the next 2 months. I'd suggest you to wait for the updated accessories.
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks