Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 18:40   #586
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
Can you share the details of the discount on 2021 model? I would want to evaluate it over Slavia if there are good discounts applicable.
Heard this from a Bangalore dealer just today (Delhi could be different): ~90K rupees of discount possible on 2021 Octavia Style.
Quote:
This is of course contingent to 2021 stock availability.
The only colour available is white (apparently only 50 units are left pan-India for sale). And the 2022 builds are expected to start from May, with a minor ~30K rupees of price increase.

Slavia 1.5 AT at a Bangalore OTR of 22L vs Octavia Style at 32L - that's the 10L-difference choice. I was (too naively?) hoping for a 30L OTR, which would have made the latter look extremely attractive. Anyone with different discount numbers from Bangalore TAFE / PPS?
hagarthenormal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 00:46   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagarthenormal View Post
And the 2022 builds are expected to start from May, with a minor ~30K rupees of price increase.
I booked a 2022 Octavia Style in Jan and the dealer keeps delaying the delivery. I paid in full a couple of weeks ago where they gave it to me in writing that I shall have the car within the week, but there seems to be no sign of it till now. The dealer has been saying it'll be there "within the week" since January. Does this mean this charade is going to continue till May?
Old 6th March 2022, 02:42   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh7am View Post
I booked a 2022 Octavia Style in Jan and the dealer keeps delaying the delivery. I paid in full a couple of weeks ago where they gave it to me in writing that I shall have the car within the week, but there seems to be no sign of it till now. The dealer has been saying it'll be there "within the week" since January. Does this mean this charade is going to continue till May?
Wow! You paid in full to a "Skoda" dealer without the car in sight. You committed a big error right there! Now the dealer has all the power over you. Please escalate with Skoda/Zac over social media and official channels or else be ready for a long and painful merry-go-round with the dealer!
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 02:11   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post

Also I will have to swap these tyres because they are torn and I have no faith left in good year assurance tyres. Can Anyone point me to a good tyre dealer in jaipur who can also provide any warranty in delhi/NCR?

Any other suggestions or inputs which could be valuable at this point of time?Attachment 2274464
Bad to hear about this experience on such a new car, but great to know that you are safe.
Since this tyre size may not be available easily in the open market, you can check with the ASC in Jaipur. SKODA can arrange among different brands available with them. It's worth a try.
Old 7th March 2022, 20:31   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh7am View Post
Is the dealer you are referring is form Turbhe? Which color did you book? Availability is pretty much pertinent to colors too. Blue is the hardest to get hands on. Black and white were relatively easier.

If commitment of deliver has been shared in writing and post that they are non committal then you have to escalate. Hoping you have already done else please do it immediately. Sometimes dealer can do up to a certain point post that customer voice holds a weightage.

Availability is the key with current geo political scenario it going to get harder for the industry in general & more so for the Imports.
Old 7th March 2022, 20:45   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Is the dealer you are referring is form Turbhe? Which color did you book?
Yes it's the Turbhe one!! I booked a blue style model, haven't escalated it yet but I guess I'll be doing it immediately now.
Old 7th March 2022, 21:54   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujsd View Post
Bad to hear about this experience on such a new car, but great to know that you are safe.
Since this tyre size may not be available easily in the open market, you can check with the ASC in Jaipur. SKODA can arrange among different brands available with them. It's worth a try.
Thanks for sharing bud. I have already purchased these from an authorised dealer in the city.
Old 8th March 2022, 13:34   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post

Also, you wait any longer, those would be gone too. We wanted a white, and that was the only colour available readily. Others colours had a 1.5 month wait.
Finally booked L&K in white, '21 model. Now the wait begins!
S.Vats is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:20   #594

This thread has been my bookmark for the last few weeks. I recently brought home a Jan '22 Octavia L&K Graphite Gray, and boy I've been smiling each time I think about it, let alone drive it out. I had a Jeep Compass 2.0D Limited Plus before this, and when I decided I wanted to switch cars, I never thought I'd change the car to a sedan.

I initially went to the St.Marks Škoda showroom in Bangalore to test drive the Kodiaq, but there I saw that the Octavia was available for a test drive right away, so I decided to just take it for a spin, and the rest is history. I was blown away by the plush comfort it offered, at the same time the hint of raw power it kept in store. I had a 2016 Polo GT TSI with the DSG gearbox and it was nostalgia the moment I took the Octavia for the test drive.

I did a test drive 2 more times (based on some advice I found on this brilliant forum), and tried the Octavia on roads I frequent, and some non-existent roads near where I stay, along with having the car packed with 5 pax at one time. The car knows to behave, and never fails to put a smile on your face when you are behind the wheel.

I'd love to write more about my experience and what I love about the vehicle, and will reserve my comments/thoughts for when I get the privilege to do so on this forum later. For now, here's a short video of the car parking itself which I found to be SOOO Cool. This feature is there on the Mercedes A Class as well but it doesn't like tight spaces for parallel parking. The Octavia has no problems with any of that.

Here's a link to the video I posted on YouTube -
aashiqb is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:24   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Finally booked L&K in white, '21 model. Now the wait begins!
Any discounts offered?
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 19:54   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
This thread has been my bookmark for the last few weeks. I recently brought home a Jan '22 Octavia L&K Graphite Gray, and boy I've been smiling each time I think about it, let alone drive it out. I had a Jeep Compass 2.0D Limited Plus before this, and when I decided I wanted to switch cars, I never thought I'd change the car to a sedan.
Congratulations and wish you many miles of safe drive.

How would you compare Compass with Octavia - good and bad? Though different cars, many would be confused between these 2 while purchasing.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 20:41   #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Congratulations and wish you many miles of safe drive.

How would you compare Compass with Octavia - good and bad? Though different cars, many would be confused between these 2 while purchasing.
Thanks mate. And yes the Octavia and the Compass are totally different vehicles, meant for very different things. I had the 2019 Jeep Compass Limited Plus 2WD Diesel Manual (Auto Diesel was launched a few months after my purchase), and that was a great jump from my previous Polo GT TSI to a Jeep, and I loved every minute of driving the car.

The Compass has a lot going for it, especially with the whole "Build like a tank" build quality, and some clever bits that make sure you only need to focus on driving and nothing else (the auto hill hold assist in a manual, auto parking brake engage/disengage etc). The Limited Plus model came with 18 inch alloys, and I was naive enough to go for it purely based on the looks, but didn't know at the time that it impacts ride quality and how! Something I always found poor in the car was the ride quality, and the way the Jeep tosses you around the cabin even for smaller undulations and bumps on the road which are unavoidable in Bangalore.

The one thing that pushed me to get the Octavia with no second thoughts is the sheer improvement in ride quality obviously since it's a sedan and is supposed to offer that level of comfort.

Another major downfall with the Jeep Compass is that it "looks" big, but the car is a tad bit on the smaller side be it cabin space or boot space. I've had many instances where my relatives bring over their luggage easily in their Baleno and when we have to take the Jeep instead, the same luggage will not fit within the Compass's boot, and that's just something I never expected from an SUV of this price range. The newly launched Jeep Compass is no different in this aspect and that is disappointing.

The boot space in the Octavia is second to none, and I found myself having to crawl inside the boot to access all the luggage back there.

I think my 2 cents for those looking at SUVs right now are getting it for two reasons - 1) the ground clearance and 2) the stance it has, and the false sense of status symbol SUVs have raked in among our buyers. Most of them don't say they want to buy a car, but instead say they want to buy an SUV, and that's fair too. It's everyone's choice. But I would strongly recommend folks to try out other cars in the same price point, without discriminating it since it is a sedan, and I'm sure it will not disappoint, and you might even be surprised at the decision you take later on, much like me.

Sedans these days are well aware of the ground clearance issues, and new sedans like the Slavia are built to compete. Fun fact - the Slavia has 1mm more ground clearance than the new Jeep Compass so that's just not relevant anymore.

I was quite lucky too with the car since there was an allotment already in the showroom and the customer who booked it in December only wanted the car after the end of the FY, so I was probably in the right place at the right time. Got the car in less than 2 weeks from the date of booking. The new gray color definitely looks brilliant but I do wish we get the Octavia in the cement-ish shade the VRS comes in. Now that would be a looker!

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th March 2022 at 02:44. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
aashiqb is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:51   #598
BHPian

Quote:
This thread has been my bookmark for the last few weeks. I recently brought home a Jan '22 Octavia L&K Graphite Gray
Great choice of colour! I just could not take my eyes off the display model with that same shade in the showroom - looks very, very classy!

I see that in your video you have a dog - how is the light beige suede material holding up so far? Was the seat maintenance a concern when you bought the car?
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:57   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
Great choice of colour! I just could not take my eyes off the display model with that same shade in the showroom - looks very, very classy!

I see that in your video you have a dog - how is the light beige suede material holding up so far? Was the seat maintenance a concern when you bought the car?
The choice we had was either the blue or gray and I’m glad we took the gray, because we couldn’t see one in person and the only guide I had was some pictures shared on this forum of a gray Octavia. No regrets and I’m happy to have picked that color.

Yes, we have 2 dogs and both of them seemed to love the lower Centre of gravity sedan compared to our old SUV. So we have a hammock for the dogs to make sure they don’t directly sit on the seat and dirty the leather etc. it’s a godsend really, and we use that each time we take our furry friends on road trips.
Old 8th March 2022, 22:00   #600
BHPian

Quote:
I was quite lucky too with the car since there was an allotment already in the showroom and the customer who booked it in December only wanted the car after the end of the FY, so I was probably in the right place at the right time. Got the car in less than 2 weeks from the date of booking. The new gray color definitely looks brilliant but I do wish we get the Octavia in the cement-ish shade the VRS comes in. Now that would be a looker!
Wonderful choice of colour and same pinch on that mate!
Grey certainly is a looker and its easily distinguishable in the crowd. Park assist is a real boon in difficult parking situations, and it works better when lanes are marked properly. I was coordinating in a tight spot and park assist handled it like a charm, simply no fuss and worked well. You might want to disable Manoeuvre Braking as it takes time getting used to it and can be a bit intrusive in heavy traffic by 2 wheelers cutting in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks