Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2022, 10:15   #721
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Hi BHP-ians, I am facing a strange issue. So I finally got my Octavia last week, and I must say, its been an exhilarating experience. I have got PPF applied, will share photos soon.

Now coming back to the problem. I recently purchased DDPAI Mini 5 dash camera. I had tested it at home, using standard mobile chargers (used multiple different chargers) and it works as expected. But when ever I am connecting it to any of the Octavia USB C ports (any one including the one given on the mirror), it is not getting switched on. I have tested it using multiple types of cables and chargers. THe result is same. It works everywhere except when I connect it to my car usb.

I have also tested car's USB Cs for voltage, current etc. using mobile application called an app called AccuBattery and it shows that car usb Cs are also working correctly. I can connect and charge my phone.

Has anyone else faced this issue. Is there any other alternative arrangement?
Congratulations on your purchase I took delivery of my Octy last night. Just finished installing the Mini 3 on my car. It does power on with the USB C ports in the front. I’m using a C to A converter. Haven’t yet aligned the focus since I wasn’t carrying my phone with me. Will keep you posted.
Old 5th May 2022, 10:19   #722
BHPian

Pride and joy! Delivered last night!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-6ad01cbd485648caa2799beb6b2815eb.jpeg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-957da9c28ecf415da58ca48391e9b1c5.jpeg  

Endless.... is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 10:28   #723
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Ah, love the chrome delete!
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 10:33   #724
BHPian

Quote:
More pics...Need more pics!!!!
Old 5th May 2022, 11:06   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow such a looker. A wider tyre will make it perfect.
To go with the full theme, I guess the front logo also needs a chrome delete. It will look dope.

Congratulations, the Best Buy under 50 lakhs
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 11:22   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase I took delivery of my Octy last night. Just finished installing the Mini 3 on my car. It does power on with the USB C ports in the front. I’m using a C to A converter. Haven’t yet aligned the focus since I wasn’t carrying my phone with me. Will keep you posted.
Update: the dashcam works like it should.
Old 5th May 2022, 11:24   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Hahaha..I will add more pics over the weekend
Old 5th May 2022, 12:15   #728
BHPian

Congratulations, it looks lovely in all black. I just noticed that the front grille is all black. Is this new ? When it was launched, the outer frame came in chrome.

Last edited by SR-71 : 5th May 2022 at 12:20.
Old 5th May 2022, 14:27   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Congratulations, it looks lovely in all black. I just noticed that the front grille is all black. Is this new ? When it was launched, the outer frame came in chrome.
Looks like the OP has got the front grill and the badges at the rear de-chromed.
Old 5th May 2022, 16:06   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
After market job. I would never be able to live with that much chrome. Did the same to my rapids grill as well a few years ago.

This was done at cars buddy along with ppf. How much? I don’t know yet. Will post when I know.
Old 6th May 2022, 16:06   #731

This is my first post on this amazing forum - I only wish it was on something more pleasant.

After a lot of reviews and test drives, I took the plunge in January 2022 and bought the Skoda Octavia 2.0 Style (Lava Blue). I absolutely adore the car! It is a huge upgrade in all respects from my Hyundai Creta 1.6 E+ Petrol that I purchased in 2016.

I was enjoying my honeymoon period until April 25, 2022, when a Honda Amaze rear-ended my Octavia while I was standing still in a traffic jam - classic case of texting while driving. The result was significant damage to my rear bumper, front bumper and hood (as a result of me colliding with the car in front).

I took the car on the same day to Jai Auto in Gurgaon. Being a new car, insurance is covering the entire cost of repair (not looking forward to my increased premium next year!). However, Jai Auto informed me that one part (the radiator carrier) is not available with the body shop and will need to be ordered from Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVIPL). At first I was told by Jai Auto that the part should be available by end of that week (i.e. April 29) but they kept pushing back the date. Today I was told that SAVIPL will be able to send the part only by May 15, 2022 (almost 3 weeks after giving my car to Jai Auto!).

I knew going in that Skoda servicing can be notorious but it is absolutely unacceptable for taking three weeks to obtain, what seems to me to be, a fairly basic part.

I wanted to check if there is something I should be doing to escalate this - apart from airing my grievances to Zac Hollis on Twitter.

I look forward to your suggestions.
Old 6th May 2022, 18:05   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Now coming back to the problem. I recently purchased DDPAI Mini 5 dash camera. I had tested it at home, using standard mobile chargers (used multiple different chargers) and it works as expected. But when ever I am connecting it to any of the Octavia USB C ports (any one including the one given on the mirror), it is not getting switched on. I have tested it using multiple types of cables and chargers. THe result is same. It works everywhere except when I connect it to my car usb....
Continuing to my last post...

Today I finally got my DDPAI Mini 5 to be working. Its strange that a USB C to USB C cable was not working when I connected to the dash cam USB. But I had to actually use a USB A (Male+Female) Converter

So I bought one USB C to USB A (male) cable, and another USB A (female) to USB C cable. Connected those two cables, and only then the web cam was starting.

So my problem is solved for now, but I am really curious as to why it happens that way. if anyone has faced similar issue or if anyone knows the technicalities behind it, I would love to know.
suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:23   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Hahaha..I will add more pics over the weekend
Old 9th May 2022, 18:56   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM98 View Post
I had a not so pleasant experience with the new Octavia yesterday. The car refused to start while returning from office. I switched off the car then restarted after 5 minutes. The car started without any issues but the “check engine lamp” (CEL) remained lit and refused to go away. The error code shown under the alerts section on the MySkoda app was P0148.
I spoke with the service advisor he told me that it may be a minor malfunction which should resolve on its own. He suggested to drive the car back home.
I had no issues on the drive back home which was about 27kms. However, when I restarted the car today the CEL again lit up. I decided not to take any chances and take the car to the workshop tomorrow.
Did anyone else face this issue? My car is less than 2 months old and run about 2450 kms.
Since I could not PM you (God knows why), asking it here. Could you please share from which dealer you got the car? I am thinking to go for Octy as my XUV booking is not moving anywhere.
Old 10th May 2022, 19:08   #735

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Since I could not PM you (God knows why), asking it here. Could you please share from which dealer you got the car? I am thinking to go for Octy as my XUV booking is not moving anywhere.
I too tried to PM you but I am not sure, if you received my message. I got the car from Garve Skoda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks