Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2022, 22:28   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM98 View Post
I too tried to PM you but I am not sure, if you received my message. I got the car from Garve Skoda.
May be you are a new member and so neither can people PM you nor can you PM them. Can you share name of your SA ? I inquired with both the Skoda dealers but they are non committal about any discount whatsoever.
Old 11th May 2022, 09:04   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
May be you are a new member and so neither can people PM you nor can you PM them. Can you share name of your SA ? I inquired with both the Skoda dealers but they are non committal about any discount whatsoever.
Mr.Ajay Gaikwad - Garve Skoda, Bhandarkar Road Showroom
SSM98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 22:36   #738

Quote:
There will be zero discounts on Octavia moving forward. This has flown from the headquarters to the dealers. I was personally shown this message. This is as per Gurgaon dealer. Not sure if this was to make me feel good about the discounts I got or if this is real.
raj.rokr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 23:53   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.rokr View Post
There will be zero discounts on Octavia moving forward. This has flown from the headquarters to the dealers. I was personally shown this message. This is as per Gurgaon dealer. Not sure if this was to make me feel good about the discounts I got or if this is real.
Or when the balance tips in favor of the consumer again
I’m pretty sure for non mass market cars once the supply chain constraints are resolved the supply will overtake demand and customer cancellations will take affect. Hopefully then the discounts will be back.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 01:49   #740
BHPian

Really excited to put in my first ever post in Team BHP community, moving from a reader to a writer is certainly making me smile way too much, would definitely be putting up my intro soon in the introduction thread.

Coming to the actual topic, I have been following this thread for a few months now and during the same period I have taken 4 test drives of this car and every TD has made me more inclined towards owning it. My heart is in love with this car but the news I got today is adding confusion in my mind with respect to the financial impact of owning this car (or for that matter any new car in this range), which is already quite high.

Last month the quote I received for L&K was 34.65L (28.49L ex-showroom with discount, 5.87L road tax, 28.49k TCS, 600 fastag) + ~67k external insurance in Bangalore. Given I also have an option of buying this car from NCR, I enquired with an NCR dealership and today I got to visit their showroom. It turns out Skoda has increased the price by another 56k starting May, now the ex-showroom price is 29.85L. The dealer quoted me 33.77L (including insurance and 25k discount).

I am wondering whether I should take the plunge now or wait for another 8-10 months, probably better discounts might be offered then, but what about the possibility of further price hikes?

I am more inclined towards waiting for 8-10 more months and then re-visit the purchase plan, meanwhile get my hands on a decent pre-owned car, what would you guys suggest?

PS: Primary driver for this car would be me and my wife, with at least a monthly outstation trip, infrequent office commutes in Bangalore traffic, and mostly 2-4 passengers, not more than that.
Old 16th May 2022, 09:41   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post

Last month the quote I received for L&K was 34.65L (28.49L ex-showroom with discount, 5.87L road tax, 28.49k TCS, 600 fastag) + ~67k external insurance in Bangalore. Given I also have an option of buying this car from NCR, I enquired with an NCR dealership and today I got to visit their showroom. It turns out Skoda has increased the price by another 56k starting May, now the ex-showroom price is 29.85L. The dealer quoted me 33.77L (including insurance and 25k discount).
The new price is quoted by NCR or Bangalore dealer? Did they offer any discount other than 25K? I am on fence on Style variant and dealer is not offering much of a discount even on a 2021 VIN car. OTR Pune quoted was 32L for Style which I feel is too much for a 2021 car. What should be a good price for this car?
Old 16th May 2022, 09:44   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am wondering whether I should take the plunge now or wait for another 8-10 months, probably better discounts might be offered then, but what about the possibility of further price hikes?

I am more inclined towards waiting for 8-10 more months and then re-visit the purchase plan, meanwhile get my hands on a decent pre-owned car, what would you guys suggest?
Firstly, Welcome to the forums BudgetFailure!

I too am in the market for a new car. I went out looking at options in Feb and March of 2022, under the impression the huge discounts of 2021 were still around, they weren't. The silicon shortage had taken full hold and barely any discounts were being offered or none at all. Upon one visit I was offered 1L off without any negotiation on the Octavia and the next visit a few weeks later they rescinded their offer.
At this point I think its best to wait till Nov-Dec 2022 period, yes there might be another price increase but I'm being told the silicon shortage will most likely have been over by then and once again it will be a buyers market, as far as low-volume vehicles such as the Octavia, Compass, Tiguan etc. are concerned. Basically being under the impresison that even after would be price increases net-net post year end discounts it would still be favourable to buyers of such segment cars.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:31   #743
BHPian

Quote:
The new price is quoted by NCR or Bangalore dealer? Did they offer any discount other than 25K? I am on fence on Style variant and dealer is not offering much of a discount even on a 2021 VIN car. OTR Pune quoted was 32L for Style which I feel is too much for a 2021 car. What should be a good price for this car?
New price was from NCR dealership with only 25k discount, interestingly, I don't see any news online related to price hike. 32L for Style 2021, is actually quite high unless it includes warranty. What all items does it include? I would suggest to negotiate hard, and try to get the best quote for Ex-showroom+RTO+TCS. Insurance and warranty, you can purchase separately. For me Bangalore dealership gave me a sweet 90k discount on ex showroom, which was pretty good. (I dont consider discounts on insurance as money saved as that is something we can anyway get from outside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Firstly, Welcome to the forums BudgetFailure!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
At this point I think its best to wait till Nov-Dec 2022 period, yes there might be another price increase but I'm being told the silicon shortage will most likely have been over by then and once again it will be a buyers market, as far as low-volume vehicles such as the Octavia, Compass, Tiguan etc. are concerned. Basically being under the impresison that even after would be price increases net-net post year end discounts it would still be favourable to buyers of such segment cars.
I too am having a similar thought process. In fact, I am now looking at smaller options for the time being. My aim is to drive my primary car for 7-9 years, so if required, I will wait for some more time for this car. A long term ownership is the only way to justify a luxury car's price tag if bought in first hand, else loss in value would be quite high based on my calcs.

Last edited by BudgetFailure : 16th May 2022 at 10:41. Reason: Missed answering a point and fixed a typo.
BudgetFailure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:42   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New price was from NCR dealership, interestingly, I don't see any news online related to price hike. 32L for Style 2021, is actually quite high unless it includes warranty. What all items does it include? I would suggest to negotiate hard, and try to get the best quote for Ex-showroom+RTO+TCS. Insurance and warranty, you can purchase separately. For me Bangalore dealership gave me a sweet 90k discount on ex showroom, which was pretty good. (I dont consider discounts on insurance as money saved as that is something we can anyway get from outside)
It includes Ex + RTO + TCS + Accessories (16K) + Basic insurance (Diff with outside insurance in only 20K). 32L is a lot of money. SMP is 45K and warranty is 90K which is NOT included in this price !!
Old 16th May 2022, 10:50   #745
BHPian

I would suggest buying now vs later. Since skoda is focusing in Slavia and Kushaq, and octavia is CKD, the discounts on Octavia are not going to be drastic anytime in future. There is no better car in the same category. So discounts percentage is going to be almost same and will depend on your negotiation. Yes, if you buy in December you may get discounts on 2022 vin as in a month 2023 vin will be out. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, supply chain process go through bull-whip effect. And that is why I settled for White (thankfully so) instead of Lava Blue. And I booked my car at two dealerships to get in in 1.5 months. Now I like white more than any other colour.

It is all about how quickly you want the car, can you wait for 7-9 months.

In Bangalore, the price is costly, and I had the option to buy from Kolkata. However I was afraid of getting stopped by police every now and then. (BH number is not an option either in Bangalore or Kolkata).

Considering all these I decided to push for delivery and got my car on last week of April.
suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:22   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Honestly I don’t think there would be much discount by year end. Even if there is, it will get offset by the price increase by Skoda or any other tax increase that government will come up. If you see last couple of years the prices are only going north.
Also previously Skoda was focusing to sell more of Octavia’s and Superb’s and hence they had more supply than demand which also resulted in additional discounts. Now with Kushaq and Slavia coming in, looks like they are focusing more on them (as they bring the volume) and supply of their expensive ones are less. Though situation might change once chip shortages are over, but still don’t think there will be a lot of discounts.
So, I would have personally pushed for more discounts and tried to get it now - why delay the fun
Old 16th May 2022, 13:33   #747
BHPian

Quote:
It includes Ex + RTO + TCS + Accessories (16K) + Basic insurance (Diff with outside insurance in only 20K). 32L is a lot of money. SMP is 45K and warranty is 90K which is NOT included in this price !!
May be you can get rid of the accessories and get the mats from outside. 20k on insurance is also decent price reduction. I dont think anything can be done with regards to the warranty and SMP, but both can be bought at later stages. No need to club them together with the original purchase plan, this way you can spread out the total financial impact over a period of 1/4 years (the price might vary in the 4th year though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
It is all about how quickly you want the car, can you wait for 7-9 months.

In Bangalore, the price is costly, and I had the option to buy from Kolkata. However I was afraid of getting stopped by police every now and then. (BH number is not an option either in Bangalore or Kolkata).

Considering all these I decided to push for delivery and got my car on last week of April.
I have already waited for quite a couple of years, I think I can extend it by another 10 months easily. I am in no rush to purchase the car, in fact I might increase the upfront payment itself in the coming months. I am also inclined to purchase from Bangalore only as one never knows when RTO might start a drive on this. Though I have been riding my bike for last 8 years from AP registration in Bangalore, not once have encountered an issue, but then a new car gives more leverage to RTO than a bike, that too this old.
Old 16th May 2022, 15:43   #748
BHPian

You can connect with Soumya from PPS Skoda Sadashivanagar. You will probably get the best price.
Old 16th May 2022, 18:56   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Given I also have an option of buying this car from NCR, I enquired with an NCR dealership and today I got to visit their showroom. It turns out Skoda has increased the price by another 56k starting May, now the ex-showroom price is 29.85L. The dealer quoted me 33.77L (including insurance and 25k discount).
Welcome to the forum bud. Which dealer in NCR did you enquire? Would suggest checking with Ring Road Skoda Gurugram as I got a decent deal in Dec21, though it is evident that the tables have turned around and suddenly all freebies/discounts have now vanished.

Also talking about postponing your purchase decision, I would suggest taking the plunge now than later as it is brilliant machine to own and trust me, the emotional quotient that you will attain after owning the car sooner will offset the price differences that you intend to foresee by the end of the year. It is a delight to drive and experience the Octy, especially this newer one. Dont see an exaggeration when our forum members compare Octy with the one with badge! (Read an A4 in a Skoda disguise )

Another point wrt to discounts, last year Skoda had a campaign in collaboration with Amex, where on booking your car with an amex card, there were discounts ranging to 55k to 65k? Isnt that available now?
Old 16th May 2022, 21:41   #750
BHPian

[quote=Maky;5317372]Firstly, Welcome to the forums BudgetFailure!
Upon one visit I was offered 1L off without any negotiation on the Octavia and the next visit a few weeks later they rescinded their offer.

When I test drive the Octavia sometime during my buying process in the month of December 21 i too was offered 1 lakh straight discount plus 35k loyalty bonus (VAG owners) and I was getting 50k cash back from American Express if I paid the full down payment amount from the card. At that price point it was a good deal. But I went ahead with a Tiguan booking ( for which I’m still awaiting delivery lol.)
But I do agree that lower volume cars you will get good discounts but one may have to wait until march 23, case in point the old Tiguan allspace

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks