Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 23:12   #886
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
I have L&K model and as per the brochure it should have TPM(Tyre Pressure Monitor).

Today I got puncture fixed on one of the rare tyre and got to know that there is no sensor in the tyre. Anybody else realised this? How is the tyre pressure monitor work without the sensor in the valve?
As Guna has pointed out, TPM works with the ABS sensors. Basically if a tyre has less air then the angular distance of a revolution covered by the tyre changes. The ABS sensors detect this slippage and that's how the system works. Point to note is that TPM is relative and not absolute. That is why when you fill up the tyres, it has to be set in the system as that becomes the benchmark for the comparisons. Octavia has a proper TPM system, wherein the ECU is calibrated for calculating pressures in the tyres based on the ABS sensors values. There is a basic one as well, like in VW 2.0 twins where the car will just give an alarm but not actual pressure readings. Anyway the readings from TPM are approximate and not fully accurate, but they do the job.

The other system consists of sensors placed on the tyre valve (the type you thought Octavia has). This system gives actual readings as it's a pressure sensor and transmitter. Although the accuracy of this system will depend on the accuracy of transducers used in the sensor.

Usually the second type is after market or an accessory. OEM TPM systems offered by manufacturers are the ABS type.
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 19:55   #887
BHPian

Did the PDI TeamBHP style at the stockyard. Everything seems to be in perfect condition. Now just waiting for the registration formalities to be done for the delivery and off we go straight to PPF.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-24029a85470f4ba2b509afc8c931efdc.jpeg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th July 2022 at 20:00.
T0TALITY is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 21:33   #888
BHPian

For ceramic coating and PPF, I recommend Ultimate Detailerz, Yelahanka. They use carpro products which are well known world-wide and they are in the industry from many years. Workmanship is pretty good from the proprietor as well. Mr Brahma explains the process well and help you make best decision for your car. Compared to other shops, they are competitive in pricing as well
harshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 23:08   #889
Senior - BHPian

Recently crossed the 10K milestone in 6 months of ownership.
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220709_060036584.jpg

On this occasion I decided to get an original double sided boot mat for the Octavia (Part number 5E6 061 163). TAFE Access has been helpful in ordering this for me at my request (product is on backorder and I will share some pictures once received)

One thing which is reassuring (in hindsight) is that the GC hasn't played spoilsport in diverse load and surface conditions, especially since I was sceptical of the same. I do look forward to some updates to the infotainment system software as it has behaved in an erratic manner on some occasions
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220310_114349818.night3.jpg

It has been a very confidence inspiring driving experience whether it is power on tap, manoeuvrability in tight spaces or the ride quality. The cherry on the cake being that I have been getting similar FE figures as my earlier GT TSI in real world driving
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220701_010601830.jpg
GeeTee TSI is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 07:17   #890
BHPian

Hi SidhGoyal. Congratulations for your new Octavia. Which model and color is it? Would love to see some pics. And also share your experience if possible.
shauryadabas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 07:22   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Recently crossed the 10K milestone in 6 months of ownership.
Attachment 2334498

On this occasion I decided to get an original double sided boot mat for the Octavia (Part number 5E6 061 163). TAFE Access has been helpful in ordering this for me at my request (product is on backorder and I will share some pictures once received)

Attachment 2334500
Great to see this.
Did you do any Ceramic coating or PPF after delivery ?
The colour I have booked is the same, and one thing that bothers me is the high maintenance for this colour

And great to see the GC has not been an issue, our roads have become very bad even just outside our apartment now, and so this is re-assuring.
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 09:12   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Did you do any Ceramic coating or PPF after delivery ?
The colour I have booked is the same, and one thing that bothers me is the high maintenance for this colour
I was not too keen on Ceramic Coating, nonetheless when there was an offer on the same from TAFE Access service centre, I decided to get it done there. The product used was Autorexxz (never heard of it) but what went in their favour was a responsible pick and drop facility, besides good rapport with folks there.

I don't have flattering pictures of the same, but water beads up quite nicely and rolls off well against the wind. These are about 4 months from the treatment
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220701_010528616.jpg
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220701_010518293.jpg

With periodic detailing, upkeep of this colour should not be that difficult. But poorly maintained black does stand out like a sore thumb
GeeTee TSI is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 09:41   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I was not too keen on Ceramic Coating, nonetheless when there was an offer on the same from TAFE Access service centre, I decided to get it done there. The product used was Autorexxz (never heard of it)

With periodic detailing, upkeep of this colour should not be that difficult. But poorly maintained black does stand out like a sore thumb
Thanks, yes it does give a classy look
KUN dealer has been quoting for Ceramic coating as well, but I am not so keen given they have delayed the delivery so much and the advice from other BhPians to do it in a professional detailing place.
Old 16th July 2022, 10:34   #894
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
KUN dealer has been quoting for Ceramic coating as well, but I am not so keen given they have delayed the delivery so much and the advice from other BhPians to do it in a professional detailing place.
Do only the bare minimum servicing at the dealer. I would suggest doing even alignment and balancing outside.

For any type of coating, the experts outside do a better job than the dealer.
Old 16th July 2022, 13:35   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the time ceramic coating, interior detailing etc done at dealer will only be a tick in the box exercise. Get these things done from professional detailers, who are passionate about this and do a great job. There are quiet a lot of them in all major cities.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 18:14   #896
BHPian

Did a good long TD of Octavia - Bangalore traffic + highway (add to it some rains). Really loved the package - premium feel inside and the engine is just too much fun. The car felt solid and the 5 star safety is no surprise.

Style is the variant I plan to go for since 35L was the max budget I have. Style is 33.8L OTR. (no discounts and this doesn't include extended warranty for year 5/6 or the maintenance package). Any idea on discounts running in Bangalore?

The insurance from Skoda is 1.13L. I did a quick check on Acko and found their quote (with ZD) to be 1.05 for an IDV of 30L. Does it make sense to go with Skoda Insurance?

Also, saw driver assure economy and driver assure elite in the quote. Didn't understand why is it called out separately.
Old 16th July 2022, 20:38   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauryadabas View Post
Hi SidhGoyal. Congratulations for your new Octavia. Which model and color is it? Would love to see some pics. And also share your experience if possible.
Hi there, thanks a lot
It’s an L&K, Candy White color.
I have been planning to upload pictures and my experience for a while now but tight scheduling at college and the overly busy medical field isn’t giving me enough time to write to my hearts content.
But will do it soon
sidhgoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 20:44   #898

Hi there everyone
First of all a big thank you to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience on the forum, it has been a tremendous help.
I have certain doubts, what are your thoughts on them:

1. Does the new Octavia get inbuilt navigation? The test drive car said Navigation not active, and during my purchase of the car (July 2022) the dealer said there is no inbuilt navigation and I will have to use Google maps via CarPlay. Anyone who owns the car, does it not have inbuilt navigation?

2. Can we display Google maps etc via Apple CarPlay on the drivers instrument cluster? If anyone has tried this please let me know.

3. I’ve been very confused about Ceramic Coating. Up here in Chandigarh I can’t really find PPF at all, and ceramic coating is also not that popular. I watched some videos online and everywhere it’s said that it requires utmost care and precision to wash the car and get successful ceramic coating, in the words of Autocar, the workers need to ‘love cars more than their family’ and that got me a bit skeptical as to if such labour is available here. Also all our cars until now have never got ceramic coating and they’re doing fine

Thanks a lot!
Old 16th July 2022, 21:08   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
Hi there, thanks a lot
It’s an L&K, Candy White color.
I have been planning to upload pictures and my experience for a while now but tight scheduling at college and the overly busy medical field isn’t giving me enough time to write to my hearts content.
But will do it soon
Sure! Will wait for your detailed review.
shauryadabas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 05:52   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer23 View Post
Did a good long TD of Octavia - Bangalore traffic + highway (add to it some rains). Really loved the package - premium feel inside and the engine is just too much fun. The car felt solid and the 5 star safety is no surprise.

The insurance from Skoda is 1.13L. I did a quick check on Acko and found their quote (with ZD) to be 1.05 for an IDV of 30L. Does it make sense to go with Skoda Insurance?

Also, saw driver assure economy and driver assure elite in the quote. Didn't understand why is it called out separately.
I think that's the trick
If you read what's included below in the pricing sheet, you will find the details of Driver economy and Driver elite.
Surprised that those are not part of the Normal Insurance coverage itself when that itself is > 1L
So, for me when I booked in Apr the dealer said he will give discount in Insurance by quoting Ins+Driver economy at almost< 40k from the original cost in the sheet.
Now, while I am still waiting for my allocation, they say even that cost has gone up.
I don't know what the final amount is going to be.
mah45 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks