Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2022, 19:41   #826

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Omg, didn't realise that Octavia prices have been increased until you mentioned Sidh
I really don't understand the logic when the Sales numbers are so low for Octavia
Booked on Apr 30, and waiting, not sure if old rates will be honoured or not
And yes, waiting period is a strict 3 months, I tried writing to Skoda customer care as well, but they don't even reply, instead they wrote to the dealer saying customers need to be clearly told about 3 months waiting time
The tone was almost like discouraging us from reaching out to Skoda directly
Found that attitude to be a bit disheartening tbh
All I wanted to know was to get a clear ETA for the allotment, and whether it will atleast be delivered within 3 months or not
Already Octavia was a very stretched budget for me, with further price hike it makes me to seriously think
As much as I would love to see Skoda rise like a phoenix with their new 2.0 plan, the experience uptil now has been discouraging (and might I add a bit disheartening too because a car isn’t just a purchase for people like us, it’s akin to welcoming a new family member if I may) The fact that I’m so headstrong on the Octavia because it’s truly a marvellous product means I’m willing to wait. I have a feeling the regular joe would definitely start look elsewhere.
We bought a Hyundai creta in 2019 and it took about 3 months for delivery, completely understandable given the ‘hot-cakes’ demand of that car and the variant-color we chose ( SXO White) Even still, Hyundai informed us right at booking point that it would take a minimum of 3-4 months for delivery.
At the other extreme, when we booked the Octavia the salesman told us that it would take 2 weeks for the car to be transported to Chandigarh, because cars are already ready at the factory. Given that now the waiting is nationally accepted to be 3 months, means they didn’t tell us thinking we would look elsewhere, and now they keep pushing the timeline by 2 weeks at a time
sidhgoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 20:59   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
As much as I would love to see Skoda rise like a phoenix with their new 2.0 plan, the experience uptil now has been discouraging (and might I add a bit disheartening too because a car isn’t just a purchase for people like us, it’s akin to welcoming a new family member if I may) The fact that I’m so headstrong on the Octavia because it’s truly a marvellous product means I’m willing to wait. I have a feeling the regular joe would definitely start look elsewhere. time
Totally agree, and that's precisely why I reached out to Skoda customer care asking if there's any way the allotment can be done faster since the volumes are very less, and they don't even reply
I have reached out to Maruti in the past (2011) when I bought my SX4, or Tata in 2017 when I had Pre-booked my Nexon and waiting
Everytime they acknowledged the concern and even when Nexon was selling hot, the Territory manager for South assured delivery within 2 weeks of contact, and they did
And here you are made to feel like contacting Skoda itself was a crime
Believe me, the more the delay, and more importantly the uncertainty on when it will be delivered, the more I keep asking myself is it really worth
Add to it, the caution from Team BHP veterans about DSG failures, and after sales nightmares
Can't afford to have my car in the Service garage for a week etc, since this will be my only car and a daily runner
Old 20th June 2022, 10:13   #828
Senior - BHPian

Folks, even though Octavia is not selling like it should, the kits are all imported and given the semi conductor shortage and Rus-Ukr war, things are turning out to be challenging. Even I was informed that 2022 cars have a waiting for 2-3 months.

I got my car in 2 weeks as I knew there are 2021 VIN cars which are/were present in the factory. I got to know that the dispatch usually happens every 25th of the month and you might have seen some action from dealer to bill your car around this time. Mine was booked on 24th, billed on 25th and reached Pune by 29th Jun while I took delivery on 2nd. Using VIN my friend could decode that it was made on 11th Nov 2021 and I was fine with that. Got a good 2.35L off on the OTR. Looking at current price of Slavia, I feel I got a good deal
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 19:51   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Folks, even though Octavia is not selling like it should, the kits are all imported and given the semi conductor shortage and Rus-Ukr war, things are turning out to be challenging. Even I was informed that 2022 cars have a waiting for 2-3 months.

I got my car in 2 weeks as I knew there are 2021 VIN cars which are/were present in the factory. I got to know that the dispatch usually happens every 25th of the month and you might have seen some action from dealer to bill your car around this time. Mine was booked on 24th, billed on 25th and reached Pune by 29th Jun while I took delivery on 2nd. Using VIN my friend could decode that it was made on 11th Nov 2021 and I was fine with that. Got a good 2.35L off on the OTR. Looking at current price of Slavia, I feel I got a good deal
First of all congratulations on your new car, it’s definitely a pinnacle of engineering perfection and I’m sure it will bring you countless miles of satisfaction and enthusiasm.
I completely understand the ongoing global status of shortages, and given that the Octavia is a CKD and it’s parts are manufactured globally, I can get why it’s affecting production so severely . My actual complaint is with the dealers who are quoting much less delivery time to lure customers. I am headstrong to buy the Octavia so I’m ready to wait. If they would’ve told me it would take 3 months for delivery at booking point and I wasn’t willing to wait, I would have definitely gone wandering into some other manufacturers showroom. The fact that it’s offering no discount whatsoever isn’t helping the matter either.
My dealer was offering me about 1.3 lakh off on a 2021 model, which was manufactured last year in October. I wasn’t really willing to get that because a) It was stocked up with some other dealer in Punjab so I have no idea how they’ve treated it and if it was a showpiece car b) It was significantly old and I’m not completely willing to buy a 7-8 month old car for a discount of 1.3 lakh. C) I’m honestly buying the Octavia with a ‘full send’ ‘all out’ attitude because I finally found a car that I was super excited about after a long long search, so the 21 model year didn’t really appeal to me that way.
sidhgoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 06:34   #830
BHPian

Hi Neo, understand the current situation and the fact that Octavia is a CKD unit.

Unlike what Sidh mentions, in my case the dealer did mention it could take upto 2-3 months but what I don't understand is that there has been no new deliveries during May and June at least not to this dealer.

I don't think this has been the case for other High end brands like Audi or Bmw which also have highly imported spares. And as I mentioned in my previous post, Skoda does not get back to mails which is not re-assuring.

Anyway since it's been told as 3 months, I will wait until then and take a decision post that.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st June 2022 at 06:38. Reason: Can we please request you to add full stops at the end of every sentence in your posts? Thanks!
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 09:11   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...-spied-eu.html (2023 Skoda Octavia facelift spied in EU)

Facelift spotted in the EU.
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:28   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
First of all congratulations on your new car, it’s definitely a pinnacle of engineering perfection and I’m sure it will bring you countless miles of satisfaction and enthusiasm.
Thanks a lot. Spending 30L makes this car really special for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi Neo, understand the current situation and the fact that Octavia is a CKD unit.
God knows how cars are allocated but my dealer was confident of getting me a black 2022 car in a month's time. From what I know, a dealer has to bill the car before 25th and has to make full payment otherwise the allocation is up for grabs in the pool across India. I read on this forum that kits were expected in May and lets hope both of you get your cars as soon as possible.

For me, Octavia was never in the shortlist, I had rather booked XUV AX7 D AT but the timeline promised was Sep 2023, yes, 2023. If WFH would have continued for another year, I was ok but return to ofc is in full swing and commuting on a Scooter gives me back pain. Thought, I would take the plunge and casually started dialog with Skoda and got excited when dealer said 2021 car can be delivered in 7-10 days. I was fine with it given heavy discounts and warranty anyways would start when its delivered. My original budget was max 25 but then XUV went from 25 to 26.5 in 4 months and I thought by this rate, I would have to pay around 30L next year anways, so why delay the joy of driving a good car
Old 21st June 2022, 23:19   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like them old 7 series wheels. Yummy.
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:53   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Any reason prospective customers/owners are not missing the previously available sunroof in the 4th Gen Octavia? I don’t see anyone complaining!!

Whereas if some SUV misses out on one, it ends up getting bashed left, right and centre!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:17   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Any reason prospective customers/owners are not missing the previously available sunroof in the 4th Gen Octavia? I don’t see anyone complaining!!

Whereas if some SUV misses out on one, it ends up getting bashed left, right and centre!
This clearly indicates, Sedan Buyers have grown up and understand missing sunroof should not be a deal breaker in Indian Climate. Whereas, SUV lovers won’t tolerate the case of missing panoramic sunroof-Its one more thing to show off.
No offense please
Javelin is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:48   #836

Quote:

While I completely agree that such an expensive car should definitely have gotten a sunroof, lets just take a moment to look at why not having a sunroof in the Octavia is not a deal breaker and why people aren’t bashing it for it.

See when you’re driving a sedan, you have a really vertically narrow view field and having a sunroof above your head, you never have any view of it in your eye field when you’re driving.
For the rear passengers, most sedans don’t get panoramic units so they don’t get the full airy experience of a sunroof above their head either. The only utility of a sunroof is to let in the wind, and most people living in the cities would hardly ever open their sunroof to let the air in.
People buy the octavia for its driving dynamics, power train, luxury build and quality materials, these things by themselves are so overpowering that the lack of a sunroof stops biting you.

On the other hand, SUVs have huge real estate when it comes to area for a sunroof. most SUVs can easily accommodate panoramic units and that makes a world of a difference when it comes to increasing the sense of space and the light in the cabin. Plus since there is enough space behind the rear passengers in the roof, the sunroof glass can extend almost into their heads so rear passengers truly get a ‘panoramic’ view outside.

Trust me we have a sedan without a sunroof, an suv with one and an suv without one, so i can give you a clear opinion based on my personal experience.
However I still do completely agree that the Octavia should have gotten a sunroof, given it’s price and the fact that Indians associate a sunroof with a premium car.
sidhgoyal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:52   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Guess that's because the prospective customers are very well aware of Octavia not offering sunroof before shortlisting it. So probably they are the ones for whom its not a deciding criteria.

Also there isn't any other sedan in that price range which is competing with Octavia, so nothing really to compare. Whereas in SUV space competition is more with many options.

Last edited by sunikkat : 22nd June 2022 at 15:54.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 22:19   #838
BHPian

PPS Motors in Bangalore informed me over a casual request for a test drive that they have many 2021 models available & I was offered a 1L discount over the call. I think a lot more discount can be negotiated when you show serious interest.
Now is the best time to go for it before the monsoon and humidity do damage to cars in the stockyard.
The rest of the dealers don't even have a display or test drive cars in Bangalore.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:34   #839
BHPian

That's interesting Amit,
Did they mention which variants are available. During my original enquiries with both dealers in Chennai, they said they only had Style variant.

Since I was keen on L&K, I ended making a new booking and waiting now.
Old 24th June 2022, 16:49   #840

One lakh Octavias sold in India since its first generation launch. Great video by Evo India on its rich history

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks