Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:20   #766
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Dear All,

What was surprising was that on all 3 occasions during TD, both the dealers seemed to be pushing for Style Variant claiming this is more VFM. Now while this could be true, the push seemed more like forcing us to go against L&K stating Long wait times and High cost etc. Did anyone face similar experience ?
. Thanks
Hi
I have booked an Octavia L&K last week and had the same experience with both the dealers in Chennai...but I am told that the shortage is genuine though.
asterix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 16:39   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Hi
I have booked an Octavia L&K last week and had the same experience with both the dealers in Chennai...but I am told that the shortage is genuine though.
Glad that I have company here in Chennai who has booked this car
It was a very tough decision to make since my initial budget was below 30l, and it was Tata Safari, XUV 700 and Jeep compass that were in the race to finalize
With the lethargic attitude of dealership and very few cars on the road, it was tough to convince the better half although she liked the Octavia overall
Hoping for the best
mah45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 22:17   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Is Akoya - a dealer or an agent? The latter, never holds stock, and works on a commission. A dealer invest capital in infrastructure, procuring stock, ensuring the stock is saleable etc.!

If Akoya is a dealer is acting like an agent - quite possible, the have cashflow issues, bit surprising considering most cars are flying out of the showroom. The only reason I think is to prevent you getting buyers remorse on getting a Style and not an L&K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
This is such a lame response given by the dealer, never heard that you would have to pay 60% as down payment. If you want, I can connect you with some higher ups in the Skoda customer centricity department. PM me with your details if you need any help with the same. And regarding the Octavia, there’s nothing like Octavia in the market in the 30L price bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Great. Definitely agree with you. The dealer already covers PDI, transport, other accidental losses through thier insurance program. There is absolutely no need to pass these on to the customers. The purpose of PDI is specifically to find if there are issues. That is the only mitigation that a prospective buyer has. As consumers we should ensure that we don’t indulge these dealers in these tactics. Another case in point is dealers accepting bookings even before the manufacturer announces that bookings are open. This is what causes issues and frustrations to people who think they have booked on day 1 but in reality you are already in a long queue. A long way to go in the way premium dealers deal with consumers. Making hay while the sun shines is fine but not at the cost of consumers and the brand.
I have decided to not go ahead with this dealer now even if they can manage an allotment. I would pursue it through another dealer in Pune (Garve). If the allotment does not happen in a week, I would go ahead with Virtus now. Akoya lost the allotment in this stunt they wanted to pull off. Lets see how things unfold.
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:49   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrish View Post
Hi Guys,

Need help with a niggling issue with my New Skoda Octavia 2021 Dec (L&K). I have a VIVO smart phone which work on Android v12 and from the first day onwards, the wireless android auto / smart link set up has been causing me major grief. To name a few:
Cheers.
Hi Amrish, Just wanted to know whether the problem you faced with Android 12 and Vivo is resolved now ?
I already face lots of disconnects for Bluetooth using my Vivo against Nexon although it still doesn't support Android Auto wireless. So, when I upgrade to Octy was keen to see if there are still unresolved issues. Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:57   #770

Hi mah45 (sorry didn't see your name)..

So I upgraded to the latest Vivo T1Pro 5g and the wireless android auto issue which I encountered got resolved, however I would like to mention that even with the new phone, the android auto interface is a little slow and laggy. I am still not sure why my previous phone was creating problems with the android auto interface since both of them run on the latest v12.
Amrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:40   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Hi mah45 (sorry didn't see your name)..

So I upgraded to the latest Vivo T1Pro 5g and the wireless android auto issue which I encountered got resolved, however I would like to mention that even with the new phone, the android auto interface is a little slow and laggy. I am still not sure why my previous phone was creating problems with the android auto interface since both of them run on the latest v12.
Thanks for the update Amrish
Fingers crossed, my phone came with stock Android 11, and then got upgraded to 12
Post upgrade I face disconnects in my Nexon for Bluetooth
Need to see how it goes in the City
Name is Mahadevan btw
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:29   #772

I have been procrastinating this moment for long. I finally filled my octy with xp100 petrol. Given the insane cost per litre(Rs 160 and change) this is supposed to be a one time activity and I am not doing this again anytime in the distant future. Experience so far for the 200kms driven -

An already powerful car has gone crazzyy!! Noticeable differences compared to regular high octanes fuels are as follows -

1. Engine sound is even more smooth and sportier.
2. The pickup has improved in D mode but seems to be crazier in S mode. XP100 + S mode - you need to live this moment once in the lifespan of the car. I want to relive this moment next once the first service is done.
3. Mileage - It has been tough for me to control my right foot still getting a decent 8.5 - 9 ish. Sedate driving manners will fetch you extra 0.5 - 1km/l over and above the regular mileage. Given the fuel cost of 160/l, this delta can be rubbished IMHO.

A full throttle press in S mode for short time took me to highway speeds from standstill.

Disclaimer - this post does not intend to promote high speed driving in any manner. The speed test did not exceed the speed limit of the road and was done with a lot of precautions and the road condition was evaluated before conducting the test. The road did not have any U turns or diversions for the next 5-6kms and was an empty strech.
raj.rokr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:48   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I have decided to not go ahead with this dealer now even if they can manage an allotment. I would pursue it through another dealer in Pune (Garve). If the allotment does not happen in a week, I would go ahead with Virtus now. Akoya lost the allotment in this stunt they wanted to pull off. Lets see how things unfold.
My humble request, do not let a dealer be a constraint. You may end up not buying an extremely fun to drive car. Agreed it lacks few of the bells and whistles but octy is worth the penny when it comes to driving pleasure. I was in two minds buying this car given it’s overpriced by a few lakhs but you will not regret it.
raj.rokr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 00:39   #774
BHPian

Finally, I could manage to get some good pics clicked by the car detailer. Sharing it with you all. Let me know if you find anything special about my car ;-) Happy Riding everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20220503194605_img_5788.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20220503193111_img_5771.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20220503193405_img_5777.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20220503193421_img_5778.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-20220503191850_img_5763.jpg  

suvan1988 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 07:14   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Finally, I could manage to get some good pics clicked by the car detailer. Sharing it with you all. Let me know if you find anything special about my car ;-) Happy Riding everyone!
Wow, looks gorgeous, what all did you include as part of detailing
Old 24th May 2022, 09:43   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Let me know if you find anything special about my car ;-)
Octavia is always special

Personal opinion, these German cars look the best in white. Your car is a stellar. Wish you many miles of happy driving.
Old 24th May 2022, 09:59   #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Thanks for the update Amrish
Fingers crossed, my phone came with stock Android 11, and then got upgraded to 12
Post upgrade I face disconnects in my Nexon for Bluetooth
Need to see how it goes in the City
Name is Mahadevan btw
Hi Mahadevan,

Quick tip for when you get your new Octavia. It comes with rubbish stock tyres (Goodyear 205/55/R17). They are hard wearing and are just too thin!! I would recommend that you immediately upgrade to a 215/55R17 rubber. Apollo provides good options with reasonable price band. However if you want a more premium brand, you can go for Bridgestone / Yokohoma.

Happy driving!
Cheers.
Amrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:56   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It comes with rubbish stock tyres (Goodyear 205/55/R17). They are hard wearing and are just too thin!! I would recommend that you immediately upgrade to a 215/55R17 rubber.
Don't Skoda terminate your warranty if you upsize your tyres? or atleast thats what I remember someone here mentioning this quoting his SA.
Old 24th May 2022, 12:45   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mahadevan,

Quick tip for when you get your new Octavia. It comes with rubbish stock tyres (Goodyear 205/55/R17). They are hard wearing and are just too thin!! I would recommend that you immediately upgrade to a 215/55R17 rubber. Apollo provides good options with reasonable price band. However if you want a more premium brand, you can go for Bridgestone / Yokohoma.

Happy driving!
Cheers.
Thanks for the tip Amrish, this is something I read as a recommendation from the official review as well
Another recommendation was to set the Tyre pressure to 32, just trying to understand how it affects the safety pov, and the warranty
Old 24th May 2022, 14:20   #780

32 psi is a good tyre pressure to maintain. I would have the following suggestions:

1. If you drive majorly in the city and want a comfortable / supple ride, go for 32 psi. It will cushion the blows on the road and waft along beautifully. The Octavia has a beautiful suspension setup which is both comfortable and dynamically sorted. There is a slight body movement, however nothing to disconcert the passengers.
2. Whenever you go on the highway and the vehicle is fully / 90% laden, I would recommend that you up the tyre pressure to 34 psi. This will help in keeping the suspension / ride height in control by countering the additional weight of passengers and luggage without negatively impacting the high speed driving dynamics.

Again, I personally dont think that upgrading the tyres would detrimentally impact the warranty.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2022 at 14:42. Reason: Minor formatting change :)
Amrish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks