Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2022, 17:13   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Although I had heard of this from online reviews (and forgotten), the exercise of filling up the windscreen washer reservoir brought a smile

The reason is the thoughtfully designed washer fluid cap,
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220524_111732546.night.jpg

which, made of a rubbery material; also transforms into a funnel in its open position to aid filling
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220524_111839621.night.jpg
GeeTee TSI is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 09:57   #782
BHPian

Hi All
Apologies for raising this once again
Just wanted to know whether the 3-month waiting period is applicable across India for L&K booking
What is worrying me is that I had sent atleast 3 emails to Skoda India rep but they have not even acknowledged the mails and provided any ETA
Just wanted to know if it will be delivered within 3 months or could take longer, Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 17:40   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi All
Apologies for raising this once again
Just wanted to know whether the 3-month waiting period is applicable across India for L&K booking
What is worrying me is that I had sent atleast 3 emails to Skoda India rep but they have not even acknowledged the mails and provided any ETA
Just wanted to know if it will be delivered within 3 months or could take longer, Thanks
I was told the same in Pune. I was anyways interested in Style 2021 leftover stock for good discount but LnK was like 2-3 months wait. Someone mentioned on this thread that kits are expected to arrive by May end and production would start soon
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 18:01   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I was told the same in Pune. I was anyways interested in Style 2021 leftover stock for good discount but LnK was like 2-3 months wait. Someone mentioned on this thread that kits are expected to arrive by May end and production would start soon
Thanks, hope the situation improves soon
Old 31st May 2022, 13:50   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I haven't got a chance to install the exhaust tips on my Octy yet, but I did temporarily attach it with some clips and sticky tape just to check. It actually looks quite good in person and doesn't look like a tacky aftermarket part.
Hi Akshay, have you been able to install the exhaust tips? Please do share the photos if you have done so already. Eager to see how it turned out.

I have an Octavia L&K booking currently under waiting period and am interested in subtle aesthetic mods.
Old 31st May 2022, 20:42   #786
BHPian

Hello fellow BHP-ians, looking for some thoughts on trouble I am having with my Octy. It's been over 50 days I have still not been able to resolve the problem.

Problem has been detailed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5299910 (Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen))

Since then the only development is that the service rep from the dealership offered to get the job done at an outside garage through his friend... who quoted 70,000 for the whole job, I gave in and gave a go ahead, since then the person has been AWOL.... looks like he was bluffing.

What do you suggest I do?
Old 31st May 2022, 22:18   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Hello fellow BHP-ians, looking for some thoughts on trouble I am having with my Octy. It's been over 50 days I have still not been able to resolve the problem.

Problem has been detailed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5299910 (Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen))

Since then the only development is that the service rep from the dealership offered to get the job done at an outside garage through his friend... who quoted 70,000 for the whole job, I gave in and gave a go ahead, since then the person has been AWOL.... looks like he was bluffing.

What do you suggest I do?
Your best bet is an FNG now. Look up the teamBHP directory. Secondly, has the head actually been dismantled and a physical confirmation made that it is indeed a bent camshaft? I am not giving you false hopes here, it might be a bent cam but it's better to check.

My theory is your timing belt was worn. It eventually skipped a few teeth and the engine went out of time. The out of time engine meant your pistons started contacting the valves. This damaged the valves and the cam both. You might have bent valves and broken rockers in there as well. Only a physical teardown and inspection of the head can confirm this.

If the cam is indeed bent, consider getting a used camshaft and have the engine head overhauled at an FNG. Also check the pistons for cracks since they also contacted the valves end of the day. Don't have any hopes from Skoda. Even if they are equipped with the skills, this whole exercise is going to cost you a lot more than the estimate they have prepared IMO.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 10:27   #788
BHPian

I bought L&K model in Jan'2022 and have done 7000KM till now.
Have some queries :
1. How to make rear view mirror to go down while reversing the car. I have already enabled it on infotainment system. But mirror does not move down on reversing.
2. Only distance covered since engine start and last refuel is available. Could not find a dedicated trip meter. Let me know if there is any way to track the trip distance.
3. When cruse control is enabled, odometer is not displayed. I usually check the odometer or trip meter reading to check the progress during long highway drives. Any workaround for this?

Thanks.
denomathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:19   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
How to make rear view mirror to go down while reversing the car. I have already enabled it on infotainment system. But mirror does not move down on reversing.
The infotainment option is only for enabling a mirror memory position which has already been set

This procedure mentions about setting it, something I have not tried myself (ironically the current Octavia owner's manual does not appear on Skoda India website and I have been accessing the global site )
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-screenshot_20220601201118.png  

GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 23:20   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
I bought L&K model in Jan'2022 and have done 7000KM till now.
Have some queries :
1. How to make rear view mirror to go down while reversing the car. I have already enabled it on infotainment system. But mirror does not move down on reversing.
To be on the same page:
There are 5 positions on mirror knob (clockwise) - folded, Left, center, right, heating

Steps:
1. Hopefully you have already set your left and right mirrors as you want
2. Turn knob to left
3. Put in reverse
4. Adjust mirror as you would want when reversing. I point it mostly downward to see near tyres and back both
5. Done

Next time when you drive forward at certain speed (probably above 10-15 kmph) the mirror will be automatically adjusted to default position.

Only take care to always keep the knob at left position, else when you reverse the mirror will not reposition to what you did above. So its another intelligent feature.
suvan1988 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:49   #791
Senior - BHPian

Finally, after some drama with Akoya asking 60% upfront and I dropping a tweet to Zac, Akoya got back to senses. However, I was not comfortable dealing with them anymore and kept in touch with another dealer in Pune - Garve.

Garve tried very hard to get the exact white 2021 Octavia Style allocation and could secure one just in time. They also agreed to match the same quote given by Akoya (2.5L off OTR) for Oct 2021 White Octavia Style AT and I took the plunge

All this happened within a span of 10 days!! However impossible it may sound, even during this chip shortage, I got my car in 10 days flat. Thanks to Skoda's over optimism about Octavia's pricing, some 2021 cars are still left to be picked up at good discount.

Given the recent raise in Slavia pricing (New OTR 22L for 1.5 DSG), Octavia at 29.5L does not feel too bad now . Will start a new ownership thread once I clock some miles on my new steed.

I would like to thank SSM98 who shared a lot of good feedback on his Octavia LnK
neoonwheels is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 16:17   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Skoda's over optimism about Octavia's pricing, some 2021 cars are still left to be picked up at good discount.
What were the other colours available to you in 2021 stock? or is it all white?
Thank you.
Old 3rd June 2022, 16:29   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
What were the other colours available to you in 2021 stock? or is it all white?
Thank you.
Only white. Black was available but it was 2022 and no fat discount on it.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 10:10   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Your best bet is an FNG now. Look up the teamBHP directory. Secondly, has the head actually been dismantled and a physical confirmation made that it is indeed a bent camshaft? I am not giving you false hopes here, it might be a bent cam but it's better to check.

My theory is your timing belt was worn. It eventually skipped a few teeth and the engine went out of time. The out of time engine meant your pistons started contacting the valves. This damaged the valves and the cam both. You might have bent valves and broken rockers in there as well. Only a physical teardown and inspection of the head can confirm this.

If the cam is indeed bent, consider getting a used camshaft and have the engine head overhauled at an FNG. Also check the pistons for cracks since they also contacted the valves end of the day. Don't have any hopes from Skoda. Even if they are equipped with the skills, this whole exercise is going to cost you a lot more than the estimate they have prepared IMO.
Many thanks for your advice.

So the update here is that I have convinced the Service Advisor who was taking care of my car at the A.S.S. to get the work done for us from a friend of his (happens to work at Audi's A.S.S.). He agreed.

According to his theory the timing belt's timing wasn't matched with the cam/engine's timing during the belt replacement done by the local mechanic and hence the shaft bent.

He did say that the pistons, valves and rockers would be intact and not damaged since the engine is not misfiring and it's not showing up on a scan. They haven't opened the head to inspect it since the bent cam might not sit back in place (the car is starting and can be driven as of now...).

He's quoted Rs. 70,000 all inclusive to replace the cam and belt/kit... I assume he will be scavenging the parts from a totalled car. I am tempted to get it done since the car has been sitting in the parking and gathering dust for over a month now. Even to sell it further it needs to be in running condition.

Thoughts? Anything I should be careful about?

I know almost nothing about engines and what part does what.
Old 4th June 2022, 17:59   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, after some drama with Akoya asking 60% upfront and I dropping a tweet to Zac, Akoya got back to senses. However, I was not comfortable dealing with them anymore and kept in touch with another dealer in Pune - Garve

I would like to thank SSM98 who shared a lot of good feedback on his Octavia LnK
Congrats on your new Octavia purchase
Great to hear you got it in just 10 days after all your ordeal with the other dealer

I saw your message on another thread about going beyond budget, and I sail in the same boat
Gone way beyond budget to book the L&K

However with the recent price hikes and feature reduction for Slavia, feeling very nervous about any further hikes or feature reduction in Octavia, this will put my purchase decision in jeopardy..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks