Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 09:30   #871
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
Update : Getting the car delivered this week.

Can someone recommend good place to get PPF done in Bangalore ?
Congratulations on your purchase

There are lots of options in the PPF and ceramic space to choose from in BLR. It ultimately boils down to the product you want and your budget. I did my research comparing between 3M and Expel PPF, settled for Expel though it was the pricier option. No regrets.
Old 8th July 2022, 10:27   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Dropping a recommendation Drive Clean for ceramic coating. Run by Gurubaran, its a one-man job. He does everything on his own so takes him time to do it. Incredible attention to detail and I've got my car detailed by him. His work speaks for itself and with some added care from us after the detailing, the gloss lasts a really long time. He doesn't do PPF though.

Directory link
Thanks a lot for the recommendation
Hope you are referring to this one

DriveClean
https://maps.app.goo.gl/zySnPrms7sWUE4446

Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 08:56   #873
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
  • I may have to get one of those 5D/7D mats as the lining in the floor is like a carpet and it is catching dust and needs more cleaning effort.
I managed to change the mats. This post from Bhpia GeeTee TSI (Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review) prompted me to find something similar and landed up on Autofurnish website. Ordered it online and it took a while to reach. Took a bit of effort to get it right, as you kind of have to fold the mats into 3D shape before you place them inside. The mats definitely provide excellent coverage and do look plush. One problem I see is that they don't seem to fit properly in a few places. Maybe it's because of the way I had laid them. Any references to places that will do just fitting at a charge in Bangalore?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_1131.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_1133.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_1132.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_1134.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_1135.jpg  

rsk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 10:52   #874
BHPian

Anyone here installed 225 section Tyres on the octy? Mine is a style and I believe it’s only a 6.5 j rim. With the current Tyres at 205, not sure if going 225 will be overkill. The stock Tyres are decent and do the job, but coping with what the engine is capable of is questionable. I’ve had one panic breaking situation at triple digits, the car behaved like a champ, but the tyres sure did make it very vocal about how hard they were trying to maintain grip. That apart, the 205 sections give the car a ‘Johnny Bravo’ stance that I’d like to address with the wider footprint

I’ve covered about 3k kms so far on the good years and my feedback is basis this usage. I’ve always upsized/replaced with better rubber straight out of the showroom on my last 4 cars. This time around, considering how much I stretched my budget, thought I’d wait out the upgrade bug. But in less than 2 months, the bug has arrived

Oh there is another reason for why I’m considering a tyre change. During my last highway trip I managed to run my FL tyre over a fairly large stone leading to a bulge. While the ASS has graciously accepted to provide a replacement at 30% of the cost, I’m not sure if I want to do that.

Interested in your thoughts! Do feel free to talk me out of it as well.
Old 9th July 2022, 11:21   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Anyone here installed 225 section Tyres on the octy? Mine is a style and I believe it’s only a 6.5 j rim. With the current Tyres at 205, not sure if going 225 will be overkill.
While 225 is not advisable for the 6.5J wheels, there are many (including me) who had upsized MK3 Octavia to 225 tyres on stock 6.5J wheels. It did make a lot of difference in grip, but I also had some sidewall cut after 2 years. Finally I upgraded to 17 inch 8J wheels with 225 tyres and it’s working perfectly.
My suggestion is, by upsizing tyres to 225 you are anyway going to lose warranty on few of the parts, so it would be better to go for a good 7.5 or 8J wheels and upsize to 225. It will definitely improve the stance too. For me, both Style and L&K wheels look boring.

Last edited by sunikkat : 9th July 2022 at 11:24.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 11:46   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here installed 225 section Tyres on the octy? Mine is a style and I believe it’s only a 6.5 j rim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
While 225 is not advisable for the 6.5J wheels, there are many (including me) who had upsized MK3 Octavia to 225 tyres on stock 6.5J wheels.
You can go for 225, but agree with Sunikkat above, the sidewall does tend to flex more on 6.5J wheels. I had also used the 225/50/16 PS3s on my stock Octy rims for good 70000 Kms, and then I bought BBS 7.0J rims which made a huge difference in stance and grip. In your case, if you wish to stick to stock rims, keep the stock size and just go for Michelin PS4. Exchange the tyre that has the bulge from the ASC and you might be able to get full value for it from where you purchase the new tyres. If you plan to buy 7.0J rims in the aftermarket, 225/50/17 is the size to go for zero speedo errors. Anything above that you should go for 18" and lowered set up. Thats my suggestion.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 17:44   #877
BHPian

Update :
The Senior Manager at the dealership called me stating my allotment is not confirmed yet and it was a mistake.
So, 2.5 months and still waiting :(

I would like to get clarity on something. When I booked in Apr, there was a Corporate discount going on and the dealer clearly showed me the On-Road price with the discounts applied.

But now they claim that since there are no offers running in July, this will not be applicable to me.
Already there is an increase in Ex-sh price, so along with this the final price quoted now is 1.5 L higher than when in Apr.

Very disappointed to see this. Please let me know if discounts are also applicable only if active during the month of delivery and not at the time of booking ?
Old 9th July 2022, 22:36   #878
BHPian

Based on my past interaction with Skoda, if the offer is from the dealership end, that might carry forward to the day you get delivery. However both the price and the offer driven from Skoda are applicable as it applies during your delivery date.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 00:47   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase

There are lots of options in the PPF and ceramic space to choose from in BLR. It ultimately boils down to the product you want and your budget. I did my research comparing between 3M and Expel PPF, settled for Expel though it was the pricier option. No regrets.
Thanks Endless! Excited to join the Octy club.

Regarding the PPF, did you get ultimate plus? How’s the experience so far with it?

I’ve finalised the same and have been quoted 1.68L for full body PPF.
T0TALITY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 11:13   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
Thanks Endless! Excited to join the Octy club.

Regarding the PPF, did you get ultimate plus? How’s the experience so far with it?

I’ve finalised the same and have been quoted 1.68L for full body PPF.
Price sounds about right. I also installed Huper Optik sun control film all around so don’t have the exact break up. Includes paint correction, PPF installation, some window glass coating and coating for alloys. I got mine done at Cars Buddy near koramangala. No complaints on quality of installation or the product itself. I even got to test out the PPF effectiveness during a trip to mysore when my rear right wheel arch came in contact with a bollard dividing the service road. Slight hit on the PPF but paint intact. Need to test the self healing gimmic on the dinged part now
Old 11th July 2022, 13:17   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Very disappointed to see this. Please let me know if discounts are also applicable only if active during the month of delivery and not at the time of booking ?
Hi there
I had booked Octavia on 16 May 2022, and I was lucky enough to get it delivered on 8th July
So any of you who have booked Octavia around the same time, be ready to get the car soon since stock now seems to be moving

Will be posting pics and a bit of my twisted story on how I decided on the car soon

As far as the corporate discount is concerned, Skoda promised us a doctor discount in May but now they have withdrawn the corporate / doctor discount. We talked to our dealer and Skoda HQ managers but they didn’t budge. It was a slightly bitter experience towards the end since the sales manager said that they won’t give the discount and ‘you may cancel your booking’ which was quite rude
We are still pursuing it via email, and if I receive any significant information, I will post it here

But anyway all things aside, the day we waited for finally came and I drove the Octy home, where it belongs
sidhgoyal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 14:26   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
Hi there
I had booked Octavia on 16 May 2022, and I was lucky enough to get it delivered on 8th July
So any of you who have booked Octavia around the same time, be ready to get the car soon since stock now seems to be moving

But anyway all things aside, the day we waited for finally came and I drove the Octy home, where it belongs
Hearty congratulations Sidh on your Octy arrival at home.
Please do share some pics, yes.
What colour is it ?

With respect to the discount story and the Sales person behaviour, I can totally relate to what you are saying.
Although the guy here wasn't rude, the message was more or less like if you don't want it, go ahead and cancel it.

I think they are seeing footfall now, and are confident to sell it if we cancel.

Last edited by mah45 : 11th July 2022 at 14:27. Reason: Removed extra character
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 16:09   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post

All brands, if it is manufacturer offers / discounts it is normally as of date of delivery. So is the price of car too, unless given price protection. For dealer provided discount, it is normally the time of booking and what you have agreed upfront.
PS: There might be exception to this based on the flexibility of manufacturer / dealer.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 21:39   #884
BHPian

I have L&K model and as per the brochure it should have TPM(Tyre Pressure Monitor).

Today I got puncture fixed on one of the rear tyre and got to know that there is no sensor in the tyre. Anybody else realised this? How is the tyre pressure monitor work without the sensor in the valve? I was always expecting that car will warn me of low pressure so never use to check the air pressure.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th July 2022 at 05:48. Reason: Corrected typo : rare -> rear
Old 12th July 2022, 22:20   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
I have L&K model and as per the brochure it should have TPM(Tyre Pressure Monitor).

Today I got puncture fixed on one of the rare tyre and got to know that there is no sensor in the tyre. Anybody else realised this? How is the tyre pressure monitor work without the sensor in the valve? I was always expecting that car will warn me of low pressure so never use to check the air pressure.
VW/Skoda cars use indirect TPMS system which works with car's Antilock Braking System's (ABS) wheel speed sensors.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks