Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2022, 18:07   #796
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Finally, after some drama with Akoya asking 60% upfront and I dropping a tweet to Zac, Akoya got back to senses. However, I was not comfortable dealing with them anymore and kept in touch with another dealer in Pune - Garve

I would like to thank SSM98 who shared a lot of good feedback on his Octavia LnK
Congrats on your new Octavia purchase
Great to hear you got it in just 10 days after all your ordeal with the other dealer

I saw your message on another thread about going beyond budget, and I sail in the same boat
Gone way beyond budget to book the L&K

However with the recent price hikes and feature reduction for Slavia, feeling very nervous about any further hikes or feature reduction in Octavia, this will put my purchase decision in jeopardy..
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 19:51   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Hi
I have booked an Octavia L&K last week and had the same experience with both the dealers in Chennai...but I am told that the shortage is genuine though.

Hello Asterix,

Which dealer did you go for? Did you grab any discounts on the L&k model?

I checked with Kun Skoda dealer and the sales person claimed no offers for octavia (except the loyalty bonus), citing chip shortage!

-Raja
konguraajaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 08:41   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konguraajaa View Post
Hello Asterix,

I checked with Kun Skoda dealer and the sales person claimed no offers for octavia (except the loyalty bonus), citing chip shortage!

-Raja
Hi Raja
Until May, both dealers were mentioning about a Corporate discount of 35k or an Amexcard discount of 40k
Not sure if it has been stopped in June
Other than this they mentioned about working out some reductions in the Insurance by going with a different provider

Thanks
Maha
Old 5th June 2022, 10:55   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi Raja
Until May, both dealers were mentioning about a Corporate discount of 35k or an Amexcard discount of 40k
Not sure if it has been stopped in June
Other than this they mentioned about working out some reductions in the Insurance by going with a different provider
I guess this offer is still on, until end of June. At least that was the mail I received from AMEX couple of weeks back.

Quote:

I checked with Kun Skoda dealer and the sales person claimed no offers for octavia (except the loyalty bonus), citing chip shortage
Most of the offers that people got earlier were for 2021 model. With current chip shortage it’s natural to have lesser to no discounts.

Last edited by sunikkat : 5th June 2022 at 10:58.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 14:39   #800
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I recently bought Octavia Style 2021 car. In the tyres settings, I can see that it asks me to set the pressure reading, however I dont get to see individual tyre pressure value etc.

I was under impression that Style variant does not get TPMS. Is there any other setting that you see in your LnK related to TPMS?
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 15:16   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I recently bought Octavia Style 2021 car. In the tyres settings, I can see that it asks me to set the pressure reading, however I dont get to see individual tyre pressure value etc.

I was under impression that Style variant does not get TPMS. Is there any other setting that you see in your LnK related to TPMS?
The TPMS system in the Octavia does not display the individual tyre pressure. It only detects and alerts if there’s a significant drop in pressure in any of the tyres from the original set value. When you change the tyre pressure, you need to set it on the TPMS menu so that the system is aware of the new tyre pressure and alert if there’s a pressure loss.

It is the same TPMS system on both the variants.
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 23:13   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Asterix,

-Raja
Hi Raja
Booked with Kun- but got the same response.
asterix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 01:44   #803
BHPian

Quote:

It’s actually a tyre pressure loss indicator. It is the same in last gen octavia, slavia, virtus etc. it works as advertised and does the job pretty well! I’ve always known when there is a leak or a puncture or a loss in pressure!
robby0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 07:42   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
The TPMS system in the Octavia does not display the individual tyre pressure. It only detects and alerts if there’s a significant drop in pressure in any of the tyres from the original set value. When you change the tyre pressure, you need to set it on the TPMS menu so that the system is aware of the new tyre pressure and alert if there’s a pressure loss.

It is the same TPMS system on both the variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
It’s actually a tyre pressure loss indicator. It is the same in last gen octavia, slavia, virtus etc. it works as advertised and does the job pretty well! I’ve always known when there is a leak or a puncture or a loss in pressure!

Thanks a lot folks for clarifying the doubt. I am glad it made it to Style variant as I had read it's limited to only LnK
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:34   #805
rsk
BHPian

Here is a 5000 km update. Driving the car has been fun for the most part. While a significant part of the run was on highways, I have also driven through an assortment of state highways, and village in-roads and cars felt very comfortable. The car as a whole package is great, here are some personal observations/experiences from the last 6 months.

Exterior:
  • Ground clearance was a significant point of discussion during the purchase. Having driven on battered highways, patches that had huge craters for potholes, the car got through them with ease for the most part (of course I slowed it down and was careful in navigating, while cars like Innova were covering the same stretch at a relatively higher speed). If at all any, once there was a very minor brush-up in a huge speed breaker. So, this is not a concern anymore.
  • A stone had chipped the paint off in the bonnet. Nothing visible or prominent, you have to really search to find it, but I know it is there. I have not done a PPF or ceramic treatment on the car. If you are someone who will get continuously bothered by something like this, please get PPF/Ceramic coating done right when you take delivery of the car
  • I felt the low beam on the headlights is average. The high beam however is fantastic. I had to drive a few 100 kms on unknown pitch-dark village roads and the way the car lit the entire road, gave a big confidence
  • I have lost a few of those lug nut covers not sure why. The covers appear to be tight where they are still in place and yet I seem to have lost a few.
  • Couple of weeks ago, while driving within the city limits, I kept getting a warning a few times– manoeuvre braking is unavailable (or something similar). Have driven 50 more kms since then and have not noticed it again. Not sure if it is a blocked sensor or something else. If I get this warning again, I plan to visit the service centre
  • The exterior mirrors tilt down when you put the car in Reverse gear. This worked initially and after that, I don’t see it working. The settings seem to be enabled in the console. Fellow owners, any insights into this?

Interior:
  • The first thing that bothered me during the test drive of the car which was almost a deal-breaker, still proves to be the biggest irritant - The lack of physical AC controls. You either need a passenger to adjust or you have to park the car to the side specifically on the highway if you have to do any significant setting changes. Even for the smallest changes, you have to take the eye off the road and I get jittery every time I have to do this. I'm still getting used to it - don't know if I ever will get over it
  • Apple Carplay has been seamless so far. Android also works equally well. While I have not been to totally isolated areas in the last 6 months, the network coverage has been pretty good so far. I tried using USB C pen drive for media but noticed that the pen drive was heating up (more than the normal level is what I felt)
  • Maintaining the interior, the seats has been fine so far. Got a car vacuum and that seems to be helping in removing any loose dust. I also got a suede brush proactively, but did have a need to use them yet.
  • I may have to get one of those 5D/7D mats as the lining in the floor is like a carpet and it is catching dust and needs more cleaning effort.

Fuel:
  • From Day 1 have been fuelling only power/speed/xp95/vPower. The availability and choice are fine within the city limits, but when you are on the highway, it is not that commonly available yet. Among these, xp95 seems to be more commonly available than the rest.
  • After one refuelling at a petrol pump near Bidadi, I noticed a significant drop in the performance. So even the added premium for higher octane is not immune to bad fuel. The next refuelling quickly brought the performance back to normal levels.
  • As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I have stopped looking at the mileage and enjoy the car for what it is. But the last mileage that I recollect after a highway run was around 12.5-13 kpl. In cities depending on traffic, it was around 7 to 9 kpl.
rsk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 19:45   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Maintaining the interior, the seats has been fine so far. Got a car vacuum and that seems to be helping in removing any loose dust. I also got a suede brush proactively, but did have a need to use them yet.

Fuel:

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I have stopped looking at the mileage and enjoy the car for what it is. But the last mileage that I recollect after a highway run was around 12.5-13 kpl. In cities depending on traffic, it was around 7 to 9 kpl.
Can you give me the link to the vacuum cleaner you got? Also given the car has Type-C USB, my existing dashcam is not usable as it has 12V/Cigarette lighter type charger. Any adapter which I can buy that you know of?

My ofc commutes are mostly returning me 12 kmpl (Early starts and 70% highway) but as you said, if you get stuck in traffic, you can expect 7-9 kmpl at best. Hopefully it would improve post 5K KMs but I am not complaining. The overall experience is awesome and feels upmarket.
Old 12th June 2022, 06:03   #807
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Can you give me the link to the vacuum cleaner you got?
70mai Cordless Car Vaccum Cleaner: This one gives me 20-30 mins of usage on full charge. So far haven't had a need for a mid-way 2nd recharge.

Quote:
Also given the car has Type-C USB, my existing dashcam is not usable as it has 12V/Cigarette lighter type charger. Any adapter which I can buy that you know of?
I use a Viofo Dashcam and it comes with Micr-USB to USB A. There are quite a few USB A to C adapters. I have been using this one (USB A to C adapter) long before I got the car and paired it with my car dashcam after I got the car. It has been working fine so far.
rsk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 10:48   #808
BHPian

Quote:
  • From Day 1 have been fuelling only power/speed/xp95/vPower. The availability and choice are fine within the city limits, but when you are on the highway, it is not that commonly available yet. Among these, xp95 seems to be more commonly available than the rest.
  • After one refuelling at a petrol pump near Bidadi, I noticed a significant drop in the performance. So even the added premium for higher octane is not immune to bad fuel. The next refuelling quickly brought the performance back to normal levels.
    [depending on traffic, it was around 7 to 9 kpl.
Great to hear
With regard to xp95, is this really mandatory, even if it's not mandatory if I understand right, the already low mileage goes even further down with normal Petrol, is that what you are saying..
That's a bit worrying both from availability pov, and also the cost

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2022 at 11:36. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only the relevant bits from a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 12th June 2022, 15:52   #809
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5333658 (Frustrated with VW's inability to fix my Tiguan Allspace DSG. EDIT: 2nd DSG failure (page 4))
Have been following this thread for a long time
Has anyone faced or heard of such issues in the 4th Gen Octavia
Old 12th June 2022, 23:06   #810
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The exterior mirrors tilt down when you put the car in Reverse gear. This worked initially and after that, I don’t see it working. The settings seem to be enabled in the console. Fellow owners, any insights into this?[/list]
Please check out my post which I made some days ago.
suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks