Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 12:48   #931
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Hi folks,

I have finally decided to take the plunge and go for the Style.

Questions:

1. What Insurance do I buy i.e. Comprenhsive (of course) with 0 Dep ? Engine Protection ? RTI ? Alloy wheel damage ?

2. Planning to skip the Essential Accessories...will just take mats from them ?

3. Thinking of taking the Maintenance Pack. Should I ?

4. Most importantly, Can I buy the extended warranty later ? I know I need it but could I, say purchase it after a year ? Dealer says I can and at the same price.

P.S. I am getting minimal discounts.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Old 26th July 2022, 17:17   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Hi folks,

Questions:

1. What Insurance do I buy i.e. Comprenhsive (of course) with 0 Dep ? Engine Protection ? RTI ? Alloy wheel damage ?

4. Most importantly, Can I buy the extended warranty later ? I know I need it but could I, say purchase it after a year ? Dealer says I can and at the same price.

Thought I'd get my first post out of the way answering these! I think I bought the last discounted 2021MY Style from the Bengaluru dealer. Got a great discount as well.

1. I decided to get the insurance offline from UIA. ticked all the boxes they had as add ons and ended up with a premium of ₹74,682 incl. GST. Saved a lot of money there compared to Skoda Insurance.

2. Didn't take that as well, however, spent close to 12k on rubber mats, mud flaps, bag holder, skoda bin. But these can't be taken off their essential kit and needs to be ordered with the service center post delivery. The sales team at TAFE did place the order and also install the mudflaps for me after 2 weeks.

3. Maintanence pack surely makes sense when you do the math based on their parts pricing (available on the website). However since I'd really stretched my budget, I didn't take this either. I was coming from almost buying the Virtus so, budget was surely tight.

4. Yes, you can buy extended warranty anytime before 47 months or 97,000km. However they might change the rates during that time.

I got an overall OTR of 31.5 lakhs. Registered in early June.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th July 2022 at 18:53. Reason: Capitalisation
rarit26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 17:44   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,

Questions:

Recently bought Octavia 2021 Nov manf car in May 2022. Here are my inputs:

1. I got a much lower quote from Bajaj and dealer happily matched with all the riders
2. Essential kit was provided free of cost as part of discount. You can press on this during negotiations.
3. I did opt for the pack as the overall maintenance was kind of close at current prices but looking at inflation, this might prove beneficial in longer run (over 4 years)
4. I guess you can buy the Ext warranty anytime before the standard warranty expires. Again, you can delay this till you are good on vitamin M in due course. The pricing would change depending on when you opt for it.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 08:53   #934

Quote:
Hi folks,

Questions:

As far as the accessories as concerned, the dealer provided me with the kit for 15k

It included Skoda official -
Foot mats for front and rear - Honestly, these are all the mats you’ll ever need. Really premium quality, smart design and have Octavia embossed on them. Look and feel great.

Dustbin for door pocket - handy little thing, and engineered pretty well, feels sturdy

Car perfume - didn’t care for this I chucked it out from the car and kept it at home since I don’t want to corrupt the new car smell

Single umbrella - Fits in the door pocket, again well built because it’s Skoda made

Car cover - haven’t tried this one yet, silver color seems nice, it does fit the car perfectly

Door sill guards - I don’t really know if this is included now or not, my car came with silver plates on front doors with Octavia embossed on them, not sure if it was part of package or factory fitted

Sling Bag from Skoda

Interior cleaning cloth and wet wipes

Mud flaps - front and rear - Trust me this was the best decision I made, to go on for them. In Initially I was skeptical as to if I should have them fitted or store them for later on, since I never saw black mud flaps on luxury sedans and I thought they might look tacky.
Boy, was I wrong.
I decided to have them fitted because they provide a lot of protection to the paint from pebbles (the test drive car had a pretty scratched up area behind the wheels)

But once I saw them fitted to the car, they actually looked pretty good, and black contrasted really well with my cars white.
sidhgoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 11:26   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Recently bought Octavia 2021 Nov manf car in May 2022. Here are my inputs:

4. I guess you can buy the Ext warranty anytime before the standard warranty expires. Again, you can delay this till you are good on vitamin M in due course. The pricing would change depending on when you opt for it.
One is always short on Vitamin M

But yes will hold off till next year on the Extended Warranty.

Many thanks for your answer.
Old 27th July 2022, 11:37   #936
BHPian

Quote:
One is always short on Vitamin M

But yes will hold off till next year on the Extended Warranty.

Many thanks for your answer.
Have you received your allocation, may I please know which city, colour and variant. Thanks.
Old 27th July 2022, 11:46   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Have you received your allocation, may I please know which city, colour and variant. Thanks.
Allocation not done yet as I am still getting the money together.

Delhi, Lava Blue, Style.

Delivery should not be a problem. I am Getting 40K off - AMEX Card and hopefully a similar amount from the dealer. Finger's crossed.
pinnaclecap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 12:09   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Allocation not done yet as I am still getting the money together.

Delhi, Lava Blue, Style.

Delivery should not be a problem. I am Getting 40K off - AMEX Card and hopefully a similar amount from the dealer. Finger's crossed.
If its 2021 car, negotiate hard. 50K discount was initially offered to me but when I was ready to book, it went up to 2.25L total (Including insurance 50-60K off). Essentially you are getting a car which is with them since last 7 months.
Old 27th July 2022, 15:06   #939
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. There seem to be no 2021 models left in Delhi. And the 2022s are mostly being procured on order, so the discounts have dried up.
pinnaclecap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 16:26   #940

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
As far as the accessories as concerned, the dealer provided me with the kit for 15k
Cushion pillows are also a part of accessories. They were included when I purchased the vehicle in Feb 2022.
SSM98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 16:56   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. There seem to be no 2021 models left in Delhi. And the 2022s are mostly being procured on order, so the discounts have dried up.
That's really interesting, ie 2022 model with a reasonable waiting period once you book.
Looks it's only Chennai where we have endless waiting periods.
Old 27th July 2022, 17:57   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM98 View Post
Cushion pillows are also a part of accessories. They were included when I purchased the vehicle in Feb 2022.
Cushions in the car are a strict no no in my books if I may say so (humbly)
Old 28th July 2022, 12:55   #943
BHPian

800 KMs Update:

It’s been 10 days since I’ve received the car and absolutely loving it. So far I’m merely flirting with the throttle and keeping it under 2000 RPM but the desire within me is building up like the spooling of a turbocharger.

Can’t wait to put the pedal to the metal at the 1500 KMs mark and unleash the wailing banshee.

She’s a looker in the Graphite Grey color and that stance

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-0a56870f82434f129eb49079673135b2.jpeg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-4ee506e26884447d9c6590cfc9556675.jpeg

Will post a detailed ownership experience in the coming days.
T0TALITY is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 05:51   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
800 KMs Update:

She’s a looker in the Graphite Grey color and that stance

Will post a detailed ownership experience in the coming days.
Looks truly awesome. Congrats on your purchase.

Happened to see the same colour during last weekend near Velachery area here in Chennai, and boy was it a looker..
Btw is that the location of Chess Olympiad
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 02:20   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Looks truly awesome. Congrats on your purchase.

Happened to see the same colour during last weekend near Velachery area here in Chennai, and boy was it a looker..
Btw is that the location of Chess Olympiad
Thanks mah45! Yes it’s Mamallapuram entrance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks