Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2022, 20:51   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Some examples of the boot space and its practicality, in regular use.
Attachment 2268890
Well you didn’t have to take the wheels off.

Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-7248b4f2f62f4e818dd257e68d6aa417.jpeg  

Pancham is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 21:36   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Well you didn’t have to take the wheels off.

Lovely! That's going to be my next attempt
Although quick release makes it easier to insert the frame without risks of dings!
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:49   #543
Jo2
BHPian

Seeking help from the current owners: I am unable to figure out the odometer reading. Something as simple as that I was expecting to be on the cockpit always displayed like in any other car but all that I see currently is a 'long-term reading' showing up when I switch off the car.

Interestingly, I also noticed that I had an option to re-set the 'long-term' figures via the infotainment system. So where would I see the true 'total Kilometers run' ?

Guessing I may be missing something simple here and looking to current owners to help solve the puzzle!
Old 6th February 2022, 15:52   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Does the in built navigation work in the car? And does this display the key insights in the instrument cluster while the default maps are running?
Also - if you are running Gmaps via Car Play or Android auto, does this also show up in the instrument cluster? (just the brief directions)
Cheers!
Just got a couple of pics to your query
Firstly, there is no in-built navigation (for India) and there is no option to get the map view in the virtual cockpit (again, sadly for India). I hope the latter gets activated through a software update although the dealership had no clue about the if and when

There is an option to bring up directions within the any one of the dials (scroll option)
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220206_060354045.jpg

Further, irrespective of the display configuration, the immediate next turn when it is approaching, the alert briefly appears as a pop-up notification and then goes away
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220206_060327398.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
I am unable to figure out the odometer reading. Something as simple as that I was expecting to be on the cockpit always displayed like in any other car but all that I see currently is a 'long-term reading' showing up when I switch off the car.

Guessing I may be missing something simple here and looking to current owners to help solve the puzzle!
You are probably having the same display as mine (no odo meter reading instead, it shows cruise control inactive. Just flick the cruise control switch on the left control stalk to 'Off' (which is how mostly we end up driving) and the odometer reading will remain there

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 6th February 2022 at 16:11.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 16:43   #545
BHPian

Quote:
There is an option to bring up directions within the any one of the dials (scroll option)
Thank you.
So those directions that show up, are those available when you run Google maps with AndroidAuto or CarPlay?

I am baffled at Skoda doing this - wonder why nobody has raised a stink about not enabling navigation. I am sure the hardware must be all present since this is a CKD.
Old 7th February 2022, 15:26   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.
So those directions that show up, are those available when you run Google maps with AndroidAuto or CarPlay?

I am baffled at Skoda doing this - wonder why nobody has raised a stink about not enabling navigation. I am sure the hardware must be all present since this is a CKD.
Those directions on top are only available with Apple maps, doesn't show up with Google maps. Apple maps have been equally accurate.

I didn't get the stink part. Unless skoda has mentioned in their brochure or the SA has promised that maps will work with digital cockpit, then don't see any reason to raise it further.

Skoda hasn't enabled inbuilt navigation for India or neither has promised one in future. May be another quirky way to say most folks use Google maps or Apple maps that works.

From the perspective of amount of moolah spent and Skoda effort to market it as premium sedan this feature should have been provide. Yes it's a expectation but bought this very well knowingly that it wasn't supported. Entirely individual call.

Quote:
Just got a couple of pics to your query
Firstly, there is no in-built navigation (for India) and there is no option to get the map view in the virtual cockpit (again, sadly for India). I hope the latter gets activated through a software update although the dealership had no clue about the if and when

Attachment 2269200

Further, irrespective of the display configuration, the immediate next turn when it is approaching, the alert briefly appears as a pop-up notification and then goes away
Attachment 2269199

You are probably having the same display as mine (no odo meter reading instead, it shows cruise control inactive. Just flick the cruise control switch on the left control stalk to 'Off' (which is how mostly we end up driving) and the odometer reading will remain there
I remember a tweet from Zac to a query if google maps can be enabled in cockpit and the answer was clearly No. Hardware doesn't support it.

It's another case why Skoda hasn't enabled inbuilt navigation. I am guessing it could be some licensing issue or partnership with Joi or entire GPS hardware is dropped? Do they have something in pipeline. Even if you are able to download India the map from skoda website and follow the instructions, it still doesn't work.

Figuring out disappearance of Odometer reading was another challenge. I remember seeing it during delivery and then straight off after the delivery cruise control switch was turned on. Took a month to figure out .

Integration with Amazon music isn't seamless either. Keeps getting stuck. Spotify has been smoother experience.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 7th February 2022 at 15:32.
Old 7th February 2022, 23:52   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It works for Android Auto running Google Maps too.

Quite frankly, I might never give up the classic twin dial layout, but agree it is a wasted opportunity to underutilize that sharp virtual cockpit display and not have full screen maps in there
GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 00:57   #548
BHPian

Quote:
It works for Android Auto running Google Maps too.

Quite frankly, I might never give up the classic twin dial layout, but agree it is a wasted opportunity to underutilize that sharp virtual cockpit display and not have full screen maps in there
That’s a interesting point, i use Apple phone and can confidently says the direction arrows don’t appear on cockpit while using Google maps. With Android phone it might show those directions for gmaps too. Will try this one too next time.
Old 8th February 2022, 14:12   #549
BHPian

Have a query for the now Long Term owners of the Octavia. How are the suede like seats holding up in our conditions? They look like they could be a stain magnet.
Old 8th February 2022, 14:44   #550
Jo2
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a tonne mate. You are a life saver!! Such a puzzle .

Last edited by Sheel : 8th February 2022 at 18:00. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 11th February 2022, 15:39   #551

Hello Guys ,

Happy to share I have taken delivery of Octavia in white color.

Haven’t driven around much yet. Gave it for PPF the very same day at CarsBuddy bangalore and have gone ahead with the tyre upgrade to Michelin , significant difference to ride quality on bangalore roads with the Michelin. Car looks better overall with the 225s.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-8f752fc6fbce473aa9aa024f4d0160f8.jpeg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-06824791e5224361a55d7ee81e6be354.jpeg
faderifts is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 15:51   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderifts View Post
Hello Guys ,

Haven’t driven around much yet. Gave it for PPF the very same day at CarsBuddy bangalore and have gone ahead with the tyre upgrade to Michelin , significant difference to ride quality on bangalore roads with the Michelin. Car looks better overall with the 225s.
Congratulations, personally still the best car for me below 3 series. And good that you upgraded to 225.

Curious to know - did you get the tyres changed from Madhu's. Saw an instagram post with pictures from them with a new Octavia upgraded to Primacy 4ST in 225
Old 11th February 2022, 15:55   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Congratulations, personally still the best car for me below 3 series. And good that you upgraded to 225.

Curious to know - did you get the tyres changed from Madhu's. Saw an instagram post with pictures from them with a new Octavia upgraded to Primacy 4ST in 225
Yes I got it done at Madhus , it’s the one in there instagram post. Upgraded to pilot sport 4 though.
Old 11th February 2022, 23:31   #554
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderifts View Post
Hello Guys ,

What was the deal you got?
Old 12th February 2022, 08:28   #555
BHPian

I'm taking delivery of my black Octavia next week. Can someone please help me with 3 questions:

1. I am planning to upgrade to 225s as suggested. What tyre options can i consider?
2. Can we get the speed warning deleted without affecting warranty?
3. Has anyone here de-chromed the car? Wondering if i should get that done

Thanks in advance!
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks