Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 10:59   #451
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Congratulations on the car and lovely Graphite color. Absolute cracker of a deal 30.6L for L&K. Did this include insurance? Wishing you many happy miles on this beauty.
Thanks COL, This price includes 3 components, Ex-showroom, RTO Fees and Skoda Insurance with RTI. The car is insured with IFFCO-TOKIO insurance.
rahul1407 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 11:27   #452
Jo2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Thanks buddy. And damn at those prices, looking at your experience, I did secure a very good deal considering the year end discounts with these dealerships who had to clear some inventory. Mine is Oct 2021 manufactured but I was given an option to choose between a Nov 2021 Lava Blue as well. However this colour just stuck with us and one month gap didnt make any difference.

Despite lesser taxes in GGN in comparison to Cochin, That's still a killer deal and the grey looks beautiful. Nicely done!!! QQ- Are you able to confirm its an MY-22 model? One thing that bothers me is how to distinguish MY-22 from MY-21 as mine is an Oct-22 chassis as well. I am not yet sure if skoda mentions something explicitly in documentation or if there is any 'visible' security camera updates inside the car. Do share
Jo2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 12:11   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
Despite lesser taxes in GGN in comparison to Cochin, That's still a killer deal and the grey looks beautiful. Nicely done!!!
Thanks Jo2, yes the grey is really a unique colour and we were all sold on it at the first glance. Frankly speaking we cycled among all colours except white. Our first choice as is the case with you was also black when we were looking for Style Variant. But when we booked L&K, we decided to go for a colour which is exclusive with the variant and our choices were Silver/Grey. Although I personally wanted to go for Silver (owing to lower colour maintenance) in the first place but that idea was shortly rejected by my Home Minister as the outgoing City was also of the same colour so I silently obliged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
QQ- Are you able to confirm its an MY-22 model? One thing that bothers me is how to distinguish MY-22 from MY-21 as mine is an Oct-22 chassis as well. I am not yet sure if skoda mentions something explicitly in documentation or if there is any 'visible' security camera updates inside the car. Do share
Yes there are no mechanical changes in MY-22 as compared to MY-21, for us it was easy as the new colour was launched in MY-22 update itself. As far as I know, Skoda changes the Make year naming every Oct to seal the "new changes" until next one year. Do check for Anti-theft alarm feature in your allotted vehicle as that was the new change being added. Although I am not sure if the added feature is a software toggle or if there is any hardware being added. I havent tried it and most of the other features yet.
Old 27th December 2021, 18:16   #454

Got delivery of this beauty in first week of December. Took it to detailers for PPF straight from the showroom. Since then I have driven around 300 KMS. Every time I take it for a spin, it brings a huge smile. This car is all about build quality and everything you touch feels so premium. Of course, it was always expected to be a significant upgrade from my 12 year old I 20 and I had very high expectations from Octavia when I finally booked it in October. After 3 weeks of driving it, it is exceeding all my expectation for now. I am really happy I choose Octavia over other options available at same or lower price bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20211227_154603.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20211227_154625.jpg  

sandeepsaran is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 00:07   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsaran View Post
Got delivery of this beauty in first week of December. Took it to detailers for PPF straight from the showroom. Since then I have driven around 300 KMS. Every time I take it for a spin, it brings a huge smile. After 3 weeks of driving it, it is exceeding all my expectation for now. I am really happy I choose Octavia over other options available at same or lower price bracket.
The first black is here atlast. It took long for marking its presence felt. Wise choice of opting for a PPF. This is the hardest color to maintain even with PPF. Hope it gets all TLC in years to come. Tried launch control or sports mode yet? This is a vehicle meant for long runs and hope you get some time out to stretch it's legs soon.

Though 300 km is fairly a short distance to ask the query, those mud flaps has it scratched any monster speed bumpers yet?

Wishing you travel length and breadth of this country minus the off roading with the mean machine.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 28th December 2021 at 00:10.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 10:16   #456
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the sedans being liked and bought, especially, in a wave of SUV buying that we see recently. Many happy miles with the new cars.
jkrishnakj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 11:41   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of this beauty in first week of December. Took it to detailers for PPF straight from the showroom.
Congratulations Sandeep. You don't seem to have the PM enabled, so posting my queries here. Can you please share
1. Which dealer / showroom you dealt with
2. What is OTR cost including the discounts
3. The MY22 model has a much lower unladen GC at 135mm. What's your experience with the underbody scraping the lunar landscape masquerading as roads in Bangalore

On the PPF I have a much general query. I assume it takes more than a day to get the PPF work done. How long does it take and I wonder how one feels leaving a brand new car at the interior place overnight. Sorry I am one of those picky guys who wont even give my car to the valet or let the car lie around in the official service station overnight. So don't mind my strange query on this subject.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 12:33   #458
BHPian

Quote:
TL;DR
Oh Boy, what an absolute privilege is to be posting the first ever post on this esteemed forum reading which I have grown up over the past decade as a more knowledgeable and sensible person who has not even become a better (conscious) driver on the road, but was also motivated to make a lot of heart over mind decisions, some of which are stated below.
What a cracker of a deal you got there, my friend! Congratulations on the Octavia and wish you many happy miles with same. There is no car at the moment at this price which can rival the Octavia in terms of sheer driving pleasure.
I just wish they had priced the car slightly lower at launch and made our work easier by not making us haggle for these discounts. I am sure they would have sold a lot more cars that way and perhaps, would have breathed some life in this completely dead segment.
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 14:21   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
What a cracker of a deal you got there, my friend! Congratulations on the Octavia and wish you many happy miles with same. There is no car at the moment at this price which can rival the Octavia in terms of sheer driving pleasure.
I just wish they had priced the car slightly lower at launch and made our work easier by not making us haggle for these discounts. I am sure they would have sold a lot more cars that way and perhaps, would have breathed some life in this completely dead segment.
Thanks Buddy, yes there is NO real competitor for Octavia in terms of power, features and the aforementioned driving pleasure. It just climbs to triple digit numbers so quickly and one wont even feel the pace at which it is moving. And I liked the way we get a push back on the seat when I floored the pedal on S mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Though 300 km is fairly a short distance to ask the query, those mud flaps has it scratched any monster speed bumpers yet?
I can share my experience with the mud flaps in the limited 250kms covered in 4 days of my ownership, I taken my car on few bad patches and there wasnt a single case underbelly or the mudflaps getting scratched yet. So if we are careful on bumps and speed breakers then shouldnt be worried.

Quote:
Got delivery of this beauty in first week of December. Took it to detailers for PPF straight from the showroom. Since then I have driven around 300 KMS. Every time I take it for a spin, it brings a huge smile. This car is all about build quality and everything you touch feels so premium. Of course, it was always expected to be a significant upgrade from my 12 year old I 20 and I had very high expectations from Octavia when I finally booked it in October. After 3 weeks of driving it, it is exceeding all my expectation for now. I am really happy I choose Octavia over other options available at same or lower price bracket.
That black is really Suave. Wishing you many miles in the new acquisition. How much damage did it cost on your pocket to get PPF done? Did you also consider getting ceramic coating done?
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 17:58   #460
BHPian

Folks, need some advice on following quirks that I have noticed in the initial ownership of the car:

1. Even with the 600W Canton Music system, the bass seems non-existent at lower volumes when connected to Apple Car play even with highest levels of sub-woofer. There is a lot of difference audio is played via Bluetooth, it mode sounds much better and fuller, not sure why it is the case.

2. TPMS is not showing current tyre values. It just states that the values are fine and no real numbers. Anybody else facing same issue?

3. Fog lamps doesn't turn on automatically with auto headlights and they have to switched every time we start the car.

4. It is not easy to toggle between different readings on MID unless I set it one of the dials. This is a basic things which is even more accessible on my Polo.

5. There is some rattling from the tray like attachment, the one which is below the main parcel shelf as it is not fastened in provided slots properly. I am also not finding proper use-case for it and may remove it as well.

6. Manoeuvre braking (A very good feature) is a little too intrusive for Indian traffic conditions. I was taking a u-turn in a tight lane on Day1 when an Uber driver was in close proximity (yet static) and the car braked so hard that we all felt as if it has collided with a big stone or something. Ex:

Also I would like to confirm the tyre pressure used by fellow bhpians. I got all tyres filled with Nitrogen at 38 PSi as it was mentioned on fuel lid for a decent load of 3 adults but the ride still feels tad too firm to my liking. One of the reasons for buying this car over my city was some added comfort but I feel that an 8 year old car was soaking bumps and undulations more efficiently than this one. (Although I still blame the tyre pressure for this and I hope it will be rectified)
Old 28th December 2021, 18:23   #461
BHPian

Congrats on a great car, but with a daily commute of 100 kms a day, a diesel would have been a no-brainer for me. Your Octy will give you around 8 km to a litre compared to 15 km a litre that a Seltos gives. A sparingly used C class could also have been something to consider.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 18:57   #462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Congrats on a great car, but with a daily commute of 100 kms a day, a diesel would have been a no-brainer for me. Your Octy will give you around 8 km to a litre compared to 15 km a litre that a Seltos gives. A sparingly used C class could also have been something to consider.
The savings of the fuel expenses from a diesel would be negated if not beaten by a longer ownership period over a new Seltos or a used C Class. And then he has a far more safer and luxurious car than the Seltos and a brand new car experience over the C class!
manson is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 19:46   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Thats rightly said, which is why I shared my intention to make more use of my beloved bike for long commutes as it saves time and its a little easy on pocket (Though its mileage is also 25km/l). Also the emergence of Covid variants and the constantly changing work dynamics with Hybrid office models, probability of daily commutes is relatively lesser.

However speaking about the car, this hasnt given less than 12.5Km/l (going by readings from digital gauges) on roads with moderate traffic to 16km/l on open roads at moderate speeds at ~80km/hr. I am expecting these to improve in near future.

Yes, in traffic conditions, I got a mileage of just 8.9km/l on busy traffic but considering an automatic, I find this decent as my city never gave more than 10 (±.5) on such roads anyway.

Last edited by rahul1407 : 28th December 2021 at 20:00. Reason: Fixing Typo
Old 28th December 2021, 20:06   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Octavia, if driven sensibly, can give you a long term mileage of 11-12 kmpl (majorly city and highway sometimes). Again it depends on traffica conditions, naturally.

My regular drive is in jam packed traffic, which takes anything between 10 - 25 minutes for a distance of 1.5 kms in the morning to work. And very occasionally to Delhi or other parts of NCR which can be considered as semi-highway drive. Not more than once in a month for long highway drive. My average mileage is 11-12 kmpl. Solely highway drives is normally 16 kmpl and in one trip it was an insane 19.7 kmpl, which I have shared in 3rd gen thread.

If it was me, nothing beats a joy of driving a brand new one. I won't mind driving car a segment lower which is brand new than an used car which is a notch above.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 21:25   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, need some advice on following quirks that I have noticed in the initial ownership of the car:
I'll comment on the areas I know from my VAG experiences:

2. The Octavia TPMS is not a active system. You have to set it once and post- that, the TPMS continuously measures the rolling circumference. Any deviation (outside parameters),and it throws up a warning. It does not actively measure the tyre pressure by any means.

3. Fog lights not turning on automatically even when in Auto position is the norm. For example, in many EU countries, it it illegal for you to use the fog lights unless visibility falls (e.g., rain,snow, mist etc). Hence, Auto lights do not not switch them on.

6. In my humble opinion, manoeuvre braking should be switched off in India. While it may save you one day, It gives too many false positives and you could end up rear-ended during one of these sudden stops.

Tyre pressures: please reduce immediately. This same thread (page 1) says this:

Weirdly, the tyre PSI rating is 38 (front) and 39 (rear). We find this way too high and it does result in the ride being a bit on the firmer side (more on this later). I am dead sure that BHPians are going to be happier running their Octavias at 32 - 34 PSI.

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th December 2021 at 21:27.
itwasntme is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks