Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 20:36   #1696

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Do you have an update on the Issue.
From the day I bought my 2022 Octavia, I have been using Normal petrol and not XP95.

And this was advised by the Sales manager when I bought the car.
He said availability of XP95 everywhere is a problem, so better always fill normal Petrol.
He said it's a problem if we mix from time to time.

So, really fingers crossed on this one.
Hi.

So i have switched to 95 RON fuel since then and the car seems to be driving smoothly. Since I am in Delhi and the vehicle also is mostly within city, feel the higher octane fuel might be better. Frankly, it's all in the hands of the almighty since no one has a freakin clue about what the correct SOP is or should be bro... 🙏
Amrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 21:16   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
I am comfortable with as this may end up blinding on coming traffic, however, I am not able to manage with the low beams on unlit highways

their 2.0 strategy will fall flat on its face as cars get older and repair costs go up, their CKD units are a nightmare to maintain as the part availability is a big issue, I have seen cars waiting for parts months at a time without any ETA, this is specially true for accident repairs, this is not how you handle one of the largest auto markets in the world and the one that has given Skoda and VW more than a chance to thrive!
Mine is a style variant. Headlight throw observation is spot on and was brought to attention of Zac too to which he replied he never got such complaints. It wasn't just me but couple of other folks on twitter were asking the same query. Fog lamps along with low beam would work. This works out decent mix. In case someone has been able to improve or found a hack to improve low beam visibility would be glad to know.

Parts availability is an issue across manufacturers, especially electronic. These are not stocked and need to be sourced. For a CKD and CBU with low volume an expected turn around is 1 month. This is realistic timeline as the production is not happening here, earlier waiting time period used to be more than this. Supply chain has improved leaps and bound post pandemic and parts availability is in general is better than before. Is there a scope of improvement? Yes there is, but these products atleast for now are in sunset mode, until they revive it later. Hopefully they do for brand building.

Fingers crossed have reached out on social media about the battery issue. Will keep posted on how it progresses further. I don't have any expectation, but if they surprise me then won't say no
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 09:06   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Mine is a style variant. Headlight throw observation is spot on and was brought to attention of Zac too to which he replied he never got such complaints. It wasn't just me but couple of other folks on twitter were asking the same query. Fog lamps along with low beam would work. This works out decent mix. In case someone has been able to improve or found a hack to improve low beam visibility would be glad to know.
We have the L&K and though there are projectors on this variant, low beam is a big issue, I have driven the first generation Figo that had better stock headlights with the traditional halogen bulbs, These LED projectors are a needless novelty that are functionally inferior but extremely expensive to replace, I am not sure if the self levelling feature even works, User manual does not have too many details on this either.

Hope you get the battery replacement free of cost, please escalate this if there is no support from the dealership.
abaliga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:56   #1699
BHPian

hi Guys
Is there a smart way to fill air in the space saver tyre?

Mine is L&K with woofer packed inside the space saver tyre. It is a nightmare to remove the woofer and then remove the space saver doughnut tyre which is kept upside down with its air valve on the other side.

Also I'm not able to figure out how to unplug woofer wire as there are no plug in-plug out connectors. So the woofer is always dangling while reversing space saver tyre's position.
Old 24th November 2023, 22:29   #1700

Request for some service center recommendation to get my car's first service in done in Mumbai. Could only see Mody (Mahalaxmi & Kurla) and JMD (Kandivalli) on the website. Any pointers about a specific center and personnel would help. My car has barely covered 4k kms in almost a year :(
Old 26th November 2023, 09:35   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
My car has barely covered 4k kms in almost a year :(
For being on safe side always follow manufacturer recommended service schedule. Any miss in schedule might gives a opportunity to manufacturer to deny warranty in future. For Octavia service schedule is 1 year or 15,000 kms which ever comes earlier. If your car has done 1 km in last 1 year that would also still warrant you to get it serviced. Hope you have opted for service maintenance package during purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrish View Post
Hi.

So i have switched to 95 RON fuel since then and the car seems to be driving smoothly. Since I am in Delhi and the vehicle also is mostly within city, feel the higher octane fuel might be better. Frankly, it's all in the hands of the almighty since no one has a freakin clue about what the correct SOP is or should be bro.
Most of the times car is on XP95 diet program, but on highways i would prefer Reliance or Nayara & engine feels lot smoother than XP95. Do try out these too. I don't have these pumps near to home else would have stick with them.

Also don't fill XP100 ever unless one has spare cash to throw away . This is not a super car to extract those performance gains from the engine unless you are taking it to a track to test it out.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd December 2023 at 16:21. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quite multiple posts.
Old 27th November 2023, 08:15   #1702

Quote:
For being on safe side always follow manufacturer recommended service schedule. Any miss in schedule might gives a opportunity to manufacturer to deny warranty in future. For Octavia service schedule is 1 year or 15,000 kms which ever comes earlier. If your car has done 1 km in last 1 year that would also still warrant you to get it serviced. Hope you have opted for service maintenance package during purchase.
Appreciate your input! The car's set for service following Skoda's recommended schedule, and I've got the service maintenance package sorted. My main curiosity is about finding the better service station in Mumbai, taking cues from the experiences of fellow members. Thanks!
Old 28th November 2023, 09:22   #1703
BHPian

I have come across a minor niggle on a long trip with our Octavia, when driving long distances at a strech if the air conditioning is switched on for more than 2 hours, few drops of water were dripping on to the driver footwell on the dead pedal, it was not continuous, but say once in 20-30 minutes, when I checked with the SA at Tafe, Mangalore, he asked me to get it for a check up, when I asked him if we can get this checked as part of the 1st service due in about 2.5 months, he told me it should be fine as it is not dripping continuously, I dont have any long trips planned until then so may be will wait as I dont want to have an unscheduled visit to the workshop, has anyone else faced this? I am guessing this is the condensation build up on AC lines.
Old 30th November 2023, 18:44   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Has anybody faced this issue and knows any solution please advice what should he do with his Octavia? Octavia was his dream car but not anymore.
Follow up on the issue:
The Service Center is now offering him a full refund of the car + RTO charges on pro-rata basis.
Don't know what was the issue which made it un-fixable.
Will update you all once the process completes (if it really does).

Thank you everyone for your inputs though
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:10   #1705

I own a 2021 Dec Skoda Octavia Style variant. Had faced a similar jerking issue while accelerating and this was during a drive up the hills to Ooty. Have been using XP 95 for majority of the fuel refills. It's been a year now and the issue hasn't resurfaced. On a different note, I have spoken to the Svc. folks at Both Tafe and PPS skoda and both of them advised we could use normal 91 Octane petrol. Also called the Audi folks at bangalore and they suggested that all their customers are using normal 91 octane petrol and we would be fine on normal petrol. Really shocking to know that we have had an engine failure on a 2021 Octavia, do keep us posted on what actually caused the failure. With buying such cars one has to always tread cautiously and live with some amount of fear and anxiety I guess.
Old 2nd December 2023, 10:07   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
Appreciate your input! The car's set for service following Skoda's recommended schedule, and I've got the service maintenance package sorted. My main curiosity is about finding the better service station in Mumbai, taking cues from the experiences of fellow members. Thanks!
Any feedback from members from Mumbai? is JMD Kandivali a good service center? I bought the car from them and have a maintenance package as well. Pls advise.
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:38   #1707
BHPian

I have also faced fueling jerks upon brisk acceleration in 2023 Octavia (2022 manufactured).

This was despite filling XP95 from a fuel station within Pune city.

Along with jerks, the car was also running fairly rough at low speeds, the departure from creamy smooth refinement was clearly noticeable.

After filling fuel from a different IOCL bunk, the said jerks haven’t occurred as well as the refinement is back to normal.

My guess is this power train is extremely sensitive to fuel quality.

PS: the sales team that was involved during car purchase suggested to use regular 91 Octane fuel. Either they are genuinely unaware or simply clever. I’m leaning towards the latter.
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:41   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the times car is on XP95 diet program, but on highways i would prefer Reliance or Nayara
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Follow up on the issue:
The Service Center is now offering him a full refund of the car + RTO charges on pro-rata basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josteam View Post
I have spoken to the Svc. folks at Both Tafe and PPS skoda and both of them advised we could use normal 91 Octane petrol. Also called the Audi folks at bangalore and they suggested that all their customers are using normal 91 octane petrol and we would be fine on normal petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
I have also faced fueling jerks upon brisk acceleration in 2023 Octavia (2022 manufactured).

This was despite filling XP95 from a fuel station within Pune city.
Any service advisor or sales advisor suggesting that running the car long term on only 91 octane petrol is severely lacking the basic knowledge and information that is provided right in the manual. The manual clearly suggests that the car should always be used with the recommended 95 RON fuel, and in case of emergencies 91 RON can be used. But sustained use of lower RON fuel will result in drop in performance and undesired operation.

Skoda India refunding the gentleman is an outright goodwill gesture according to me. Since last year, I have seen availability of XP95 grow a lot, and I have never faced difficulty finding XP95 on any journey. Yes, bunk to bunk quality might differ (dealer practices to be blamed), but a one off event can be fixed with refuelling from a trusted bunk.

Attaching excerpts from the Octavia's manual found on Skoda-auto.co.in

Minimum RON requirements:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-screenshot-20231202-12.37.15.png

General rule of RON numbers:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-screenshot-20231202-12.35.36.png

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 2nd December 2023 at 12:43.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 14:06   #1709

While XP 95 is available in a few of the metro cities, out on the highway it's extremely difficult to find a fuel station dispensing high octane fuel. For instance I had been on a recent road trip from Mumbai to Udaipur and Jaisalmer and back to Mumbai. The entire stretch I could find only one fuel station at Udaipur that had XP 95. In such situations is there any recommendations for using an Octane booster, STP Octane booster is available on Amazon but have not used it as it contains MMT and a lot of forums mention it damages the spark plugs and leaves a permanent orange residue on the tips of the plugs.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd December 2023 at 14:49. Reason: Small typo
Josteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 07:44   #1710

Any suggestions from Forum members on using an Octane booster as most of our highways do not have fuel stations dispensing high octane fuel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks