Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 18:19   #3211

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi Bhpians,

I liked Kushaq, but I have few questions before I finalize my decision.

- Are the door squeaks and dashboard rattles still there like the earlier models?
- Does the infotainment system support playback of music from usb?
- The dealer made an offer of 17.15L on-road in Hyderabad for Ambition AT 1.0 with out the insurance. Is it a good bargain?
Old 28th May 2023, 17:53   #3212
BHPian

Hello everyone
I m getting a preowned Kushaq 1.5 Style for mouth watering price but there are some things which worry me if I proceed :

1) The car is 21 manufactured and has had EPC issues and all which have been resolved and still has power up down issue in window.

2) The car was bought in March 2022 but is registered in Jan 2023 which seems shady as driving on temporary registration for so long is very difficult. And it has been run almost 30K in 10months which is quite a lot.

3) Did first lot have any issues other than EPC? That need to be kept in mind.

4) Can I opt for extended warranty and service package?

And what all other things should I look at while buying a preowned car? Have never gone the preowned route and this would be our first time and that too on a skoda. So not wanting to take any chances.
Saw the car in person, requires a little cosmetic work to be done which the dealer promised me to do so and as the car is from Mahindra first choice, they are providing 2 year warranty too.

Test drove the car too but I felt some power lag at around 1.5K rpm is it normal?
I have driven Kushaq/Slavia 1.5 before too and the throttle response is what made me like them in first place but in this car I felt some lag, maybe it was just my mind. I drive Hyundai 1.5D AT and the gearbox is butter smooth so maybe.
Please share your views.

Last edited by Jatin247 : 28th May 2023 at 18:02. Reason: Typo
Old 28th May 2023, 18:29   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Hello everyone
I m getting a preowned Kushaq 1.5 Style for mouth watering price but there are some things which worry me if I proceed :

1) The car is 21 manufactured and has had EPC issues and all which have been resolved and still has power up down issue in window.

2) The car was bought in March 2022 but is registered in Jan 2023 which seems shady as driving on temporary registration for so long is very difficult. And it has been run almost 30K in 10months which is quite a lot.

Please share your views.
Rule of buying used car is that you should be aware of the car history (ownership, warranty, service records, accidents, past claims etc)

I'd consider this a red flag and would have walked away from the deal. .. 2021 manufactured car, registered in 2023 (for reasons unknown to you), 30k km run in a very short span and it is Skoda!

What reason did dealer give you for such discrepancy in registration? Who was first owner (is it individual owned or a demo /dealer car which was used for most part and then sold to individual in 2022 who delayed registration to 2023? ).
Things don't add up somehow and since it is your first used car purchase, please be careful about such doubtful car history. Skoda cars are not known for bullet proof reliabity and such an abused car with doubtful history may not bring peaceful ownership experience.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th May 2023 at 18:42.
Old 28th May 2023, 20:35   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Rule of buying used car is that you should be aware of the car history (ownership, warranty, service records, accidents, past claims etc)

I'd consider this a red flag and would have walked away from the deal. .. 2021 manufactured car, registered in 2023 (for reasons unknown to you), 30k km run in a very short span and it is Skoda!

Just got the service history.
The car was invoiced in 2021 october and was driven without registration till 2023. That is literally shocking, the dealer told me that owner had some plug due to which he was able to delay the registration.
Old 28th May 2023, 21:00   #3215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Just got the service history.
The car was invoiced in 2021 october and was driven without registration till 2023. That is literally shocking, the dealer told me that owner had some plug due to which he was able to delay the registration.
Well, proof is in the pudding. If the previous owner is smart enough to bypass the registration (don't know what he got out of it), God knows what else is he hiding. My advice would be to stay away from such shady deal. I'm sure you'd get a better deal in future which you can trust.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 21:30   #3216
BHPian

Completed a 1200kms trip on my 1.0AT Ambition. This was my first long trip and the car had done 3000kms so far. The car really puts a smile, everytime you accelerate. No issues carrying 4 adults and a boot full of luggage.
Mileage from Bangalore to Vythiri via the expressway and NH stood at 18.6kmpl. Just the expressway mileage was at 19.5kmpl with cruise control at 95kmph. Surprisingly got 15.8kmpl from Vythiri to Palakkad, this section is a mix of two lane twisty SH/NH highway with heavy traffic. Used only Sport mode on this stretch.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 00:41   #3217
BHPian

Hi Guys, I got my Kushaq 1.5L Ambition delivered today. Everything went fine and I did memorize the team bhp checklist before going. However due to the excitement, I forgot one crucial thing which is the odometer reading!!

I remembered it on the way home and it read 214 and I was around 13 kms from the showroom. So it was around 201 while I took the delivery. Is it too much? I am planning to ask the showroom guys tomorrow but is there a possible explanation for this?
Old 13th June 2023, 06:53   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinWheels View Post
Hi Guys, I got my Kushaq 1.5L Ambition delivered today. Everything went fine and I did memorize the team bhp checklist before going. However due to the excitement, I forgot one crucial thing which is the odometer reading!!

I remembered it on the way home and it read 214 and I was around 13 kms from the showroom. So it was around 201 while I took the delivery. Is it too much? I am planning to ask the showroom guys tomorrow but is there a possible explanation for this?
I think the dealer is having multiple showrooms across the state, and cars being driven from 1 showroom to another as per need.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 12:57   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I think the dealer is having multiple showrooms across the state, and cars being driven from 1 showroom to another as per need.
Apparently, that's exactly what has happened. Got in touch with them today morning and clarified it. To be safe, had my guy check in the yard as well and the car was delivered from there. All good!
RollinWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 09:52   #3220

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranib458 View Post
Last week my Kushaq's AC wasn't working. The compressor switched on followed with a whooshing noise but it was blowing out hot/normal air. Went to service center and the AC campaign was also pending. On inspection, the AC system did not have any gas at all. The technician couldn't find any leakage after filling up the gas.

The team is clueless on how a 1.5 year old car looses gas without any leakage. The performance post the campaign is definitely better but the car is delivered under observation asusual.

Any one else had this issue on their car?

An update on this: AC didn't work again yesterday and was blowing just air (very hot ambient air). ASC has the car for 2nd day today and they are getting a special tool from a different city to check for leakages in refrigerant pipes. Compressor was not running and service advisor mentioned the compressor won't switch on if refrigerant is empty. Awaiting full diagnosis report.
baranib458 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 18:31   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Is it possible to get Style variant alloys on ambition? Gurudev Motors Chennai informed that they won't do it and it will void the warranty.
Quoting quite an old post, but wondering whether you were able to figure this out and how it turned out in the end?

Reason for asking is that, I’d like to swap Style’s tyres and alloys with that of Ambition stock ones in the interest of cushier ride quality . I too am concerned about the warranty part.

Last edited by vivek_lm : 17th June 2023 at 18:36. Reason: Quoted the wrong post.
vivek_lm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 19:35   #3222
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anyone has a recommendation for third party car cover that is of good quality (medium dust proof but good water proof and fit?. The Skoda cover which is good fit but is not much helpful and they don't have any better variant. I have stilt parking but there is a opening which brings in some rain water on the rear quarter of the car and want to avoid it.
Old 25th June 2023, 20:31   #3223
BHPian

Guys, need some guidance! I'm getting a Kushaq Ambition 1.0 AT for 13.5L.
The car is registered in Nov 2021, manufacturing is Aug 2021.
Existing owner is Skoda Auto Volkswagen India. The dealer said it's a company car and they're auctioning it off. It's in warranty and only 1 service is done.

Test drove and did not feel anything abnormal with engine or the car. The ac feels a little inadequate and not sure if it will improve post service/Skoka has fixed the earlier problems. Also, the rear seat back rest is best for 2, but dealer said we can add seat covers to flatten it out and make it comfortable for 3.

Any other issues/things I should look out for? Whats the deal with EPC issue? I will request for all service records before making buying decision. But give it's a company car, I expect it to be clean. Otherwise I was getting a 2020 XUV300 W6 Diesel AMT for 11.25L, with 11k on ODO. This seems better as it's a newer car & model, bigger and has TC gearbox. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 25th June 2023, 23:12   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
Guys, need some guidance! I'm getting a Kushaq Ambition 1.0 AT for 13.5L.
The car is registered in Nov 2021, manufacturing is Aug 2021.
Existing owner is Skoda Auto Volkswagen India. The dealer said it's a company car and they're auctioning it off. It's in warranty and only 1 service is done.

Test drove and did not feel anything abnormal with engine or the car. The ac feels a little inadequate and not sure if it will improve post service/Skoka has fixed the earlier problems. Also, the rear seat back rest is best for 2, but dealer said we can add seat covers to flatten it out and make it comfortable for 3.

Any other issues/things I should look out for? Whats the deal with EPC issue? I will request for all service records before making buying decision. But give it's a company car, I expect it to be clean. Otherwise I was getting a 2020 XUV300 W6 Diesel AMT for 11.25L, with 11k on ODO. This seems better as it's a newer car & model, bigger and has TC gearbox. Any suggestions are welcome.
Is it a test drive car?
Old 25th June 2023, 23:18   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Is it a test drive car?
No. He said it's a car which was used by corporate. The passing is from Pune so I'm assuming it was used at the Chakan plant. Also, it's run just 15k kms in 1.5 years. The condition of the car is good too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks