Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 21:18   #931
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

I was hoping to buy the 5-door Gurkha when it launches. Then, the hope became that they would at least launch the bs6.2 version with better engine power, now that's also gone.

I started enquiring about other vehicles. But none of them are satisfactory enough. So, have put off the purchase indefinitely.

Meanwhile for touring and trips, I feel tata winger is a better purchase. But still hoping Force would announce something before 2024. Or, I might just end up getting a Bolero Camper Gold 4x4.

Toyota Hilux is tempting as well. But the budget is too out of my bounds. For that price I guess I could get two Gurkhas.

It also looks like when they relaunch the Gurkha, the OTR price for the new one would come to 22-23 lakhs - which might just be an unjustifiable tag for Gurkha with its features or lack thereof.

Last edited by shrvenkataraman : 6th December 2023 at 21:31.
shrvenkataraman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 14:59   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrvenkataraman View Post
I was hoping to buy the 5-door Gurkha when it launches. Then, the hope became that they would at least launch the bs6.2 version with better engine power, now that's also gone.

I started enquiring about other vehicles. But none of them are satisfactory enough. So, have put off the purchase indefinitely.

Meanwhile for touring and trips, I feel tata winger is a better purchase. But still hoping Force would announce something before 2024. Or, I might just end up getting a Bolero Camper Gold 4x4.

Toyota Hilux is tempting as well. But the budget is too out of my bounds. For that price I guess I could get two Gurkhas.

It also looks like when they relaunch the Gurkha, the OTR price for the new one would come to 22-23 lakhs - which might just be an unjustifiable tag for Gurkha with its features or lack thereof.
I too have the same feelings. Had 2013 THAR Crde and enjoyed a lot during offroading sessions, ,mountain, snow, mud drives and all. Unfortunately sold it coz of stupid 10years rule in Delhi/NCR. Was waiting patiently for something as raw and capable. 90Bhp gurkha didnt sound good to me was waiting for something more mean. Jimny was too dummy and new Thar doesnt evoke the same RAW emotion though it has good engine and off road capabilities but serious lack of space to pack my stuff.
I think I have to make peace with my wife's tiago for now and go for my dream drives in my DREAMS only.
FourX4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 18:44   #933
BHPian

Gurkha while it sounds underpowered on paper, is more than capable, and perfect for sedate driving and cruising. It's definitely better than Thar in many aspects - space, features, build quality, long-term reliability of the engine, and since it has fewer electrical parts, would be more reliable mechanically over the long term.

There were rumours that the new tuning in bs6.2 would be 130bhp or so, since they are including adblu. But I guess that's not happening. I was keen on buying the 5-door one, a much upgraded expedition version. I guess Force is just not interested.
shrvenkataraman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 18:50   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrvenkataraman View Post
............So, have put off the purchase indefinitely...........

...........It also looks like when they relaunch the Gurkha, the OTR price for the new one would come to 22-23 lakhs - which might just be an unjustifiable tag for Gurkha with its features or lack thereof.
I have put off the decision to purchase by three months, i.e. till the end of February 2024. If the BS 6.2 3 door Gurkha is not relaunched, I will have to return to the drawing board with a fresh set of criteria. Of course, even if the Gurkha is launched, the features have to justify the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourX4 View Post
.........Jimny was too dummy and new Thar doesnt evoke the same RAW emotion ................
........... and go for my dream drives in my DREAMS only............
Completely share your sentiment regarding the Jimny and the New Thar. But will continue 'to dream the impossible dream, at least for a few more months.
Old 18th December 2023, 11:25   #935
BHPian

Good news guys
Gurkha is back into production
launch is expected in January 24.
shall keep all posted as I get more details.
007 Bond is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:18   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Gurkha is back into production
launch is expected in January 24........
Happened to be in the area getting tires changed, so visited the local dealer of Force Motors this morning. The Sales Manager actually 'admitted' that production of the Gurkha has commenced.

Currently, only the three door version is being manufactured and will probably reach the dealers in early February 2024.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th March 2024 at 11:27. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Zezé is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:48   #937
BHPian

Came across this thread after a long time. While I haven't spoken to any dealer but in the last 2 months almost every time that I have been on the Mumbai - Pune expressway have come across a couple of camouflaged Gurkhas seemingly on their Test runs. Both 3 door and 5 door versions, at least 3 - 4 times in the last 2 months.

I believe if they are still doing test runs, then definitely there has to be some plan to launch. Otherwise what's the point.

Cheers,
M
zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 13:54   #938

Fellow BHPian any news regarding updated 3dr verison ? There were lots of rumors suggesting launch in Jan, but seems like nothing is moving ?
Old 1st March 2024, 12:17   #939
BHPian

Gurkha coming in May 2024

Article Here
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 18:46   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBalenoGuy View Post

Article Here
Hope AT is in the works. Also the rear seat option needs to thought about.
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:52   #941
BHPian

Quote:

Article Here
Sales for the BS6 were stopped by March or April 2023

BS6.2 Was meant to be launched by September or October 2023, then the dates were moved to January '24. I was then told surely by March 2024 and now its moved to May 2024.

Lets see what happens.
Old 3rd March 2024, 01:28   #942

Quote:

Article Here
We have got many dates and months of the launch. Proof of pudding is in eating. As per the article 3 door version will be tuned to 91BHP if it's true then it would be last nail in coffin. I would definitely go for THAR than slogging with 90BHP motor.
Old 26th March 2024, 21:33   #943
Senior - BHPian

Force Motors has teased the new Gurkha 5-Door ahead of its launch, expected to arrive as early as the end of April or early May 2024.

Force Gurkha Review-20240326_213145.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 07:36   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Interestingly with Force Motors, I can almost see the future. Thar 5 Door will be launched before the Gurkha 5 Door. From talking to insiders in Mahindra, the Thar 5-Door will be a completely different and superior product to the Thar 3-Door. Then Force will launch the Gurkha 5-Door with an underpowered engine and crude interiors.

By the time they design and make a proper Gurkha, the world will have moved to hydrogen-powered cars :-)

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th March 2024 at 19:46. Reason: Let’s keep the discussion polite please!
4x4addict is offline   (34) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th March 2024, 11:16   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Interestingly with Force Motors, I can almost see the future. Thar 5 Door will be launched before the Gurkha 5 Door. From talking to insiders in Mahindra, the Thar 5-Door will be a completely different and superior product to the Thar 3-Door. Then Force will launch the Gurkha 5-Door with an underpowered engine and crude interiors.

By the time they design and make a proper Gurkha, the world will have moved to hydrogen-powered cars :-).
That is a very pessimistic and cynical way of seeing things.

Gurkha as a vehicle is very unique and deserves the appreciation for its very existance as its aspired and desired by everyone, yet very selected few have the bravery to go and buy it.

Its not perfect, its not trying to fit into everyone's shoes like a Brezza or an Creta. But for what it is, is a vehicle with very distinct character. Something which is lost today behind the plush silent interiors and fency features.

Up until 2010, I think vehicle makers had their focus on driving dynamics and handling as a higher priority. A Ford Ikon was a very distinctively different machine than a Suzuki Baleno 1.6
The Honda Civic was distinctively different over a Skoda vRS.

Today i feel in the world of these compact SUVs and even the little nicer ones, everything under 20L feel the same to drive. The focus is outdoing each other in 'Features' like buying a mobile phones.

Yes. NVH dampening, electronic steering, Automatic Gearboxes and Interior Comfort, safety and connectivity options are welcome features moving forward with time,

Exactly like while buying a new flat today, there will be aggressive marketing selling you a small box of a flat with 1000 amenities. With complete disregard to quality of space

But in the car world,

somewhere in between the 52 varients and 5 engines and 7 gearbox options and 1000 combinations every sub 4m contraption is available today, the character and the very identity of that vehicle is lost.

And here we have this Gurkha standing out in the crowd unapologetically being its own very distinctive machine. That takes balls, and is a rare quality in new cars. That I appreciate. And as enthusiasts we all should.

Because, an boring EV Driverless future is inevitably very close. I am glad we have something like this we can enjoy while ICE engines last.

Last edited by SmartCat : 27th March 2024 at 21:22. Reason: Quoted post edited
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks