Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2023, 14:27   #856
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniMuni View Post

Falling in Love with Segue: My BSVI Force Motors GURKHA

Congratulations.

And the BEST EVER OWNERSHIP REVIEW AWARD till date posted on team-bhp goes to you from me.

Yes, it's my choice over a M&M Thar if I am looking for 4x4, just as Bolero Neo is my choice over all the pseudo cross-SUV in the sub-4 meter space.

Loved reading your review.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th May 2023 at 01:56. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
sagsaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 15:09   #857
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club. I got my mine in November, named him Old Monk (comes with a decade old dinosaur of an engine anyways).
Didn't get the roof carrier since it would hit the over head pipes in my parking.
While buying the Gurkha, one needs to understand that he/she would never get a five star treatment like the other manufacturers, heck you don't even get an Air Conditioned lounge. While getting my Gurkha serviced, I manage to kill time by either conversing with the mechies or the drivers of the Travellers and Trax who hang around, you get to learn lot of stuff.
All the best, let the "Force" be with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-old-monk.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th May 2023 at 15:12.
rakesh_r is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:00   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Such words of Adulation can only mean one thing- several years of happy motoring. Enjoy the journey !
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:35   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Welcome to the club. I got my mine in November, named him Old Monk (comes with a decade old dinosaur of an engine anyways).
Quote:

Missed quoting your post, hence quoting and reposting as I am unable to edit. How many km have you covered till date?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th May 2023 at 16:37.
Old 17th May 2023, 19:03   #860
BHPian

Welcome to the club!
Wish you many safe miles on and off the road!
Old 17th May 2023, 19:09   #861
BHPian

Quote:

UniMuni, what an amazing write up! Thoroughly enjoyed reading the information, the anecdotes & the humor. If there were ratings for the write ups in terms of VFM, your post banks more than Gurkha on that front & I'm not sorry to say so. 4872 is an eye candy without being petty. I've spotted it a couple of times in the city and as I read your first post, it bought about a smile on my face.

Looking forward to many such posts for us to Segue.
Old 17th May 2023, 23:39   #862
BHPian

Professor, what a write-up !!! Absolutely loved reading it. I am assuming, you would be the coolest professor at your college/University!!
Old 18th May 2023, 00:08   #863
BHPian

Hello UniMuni, I don't exactly know why, but after reading your posts in one nonstop sitting, I feel like I've drank a few cans of Red Bull and can take on a bear in hand to hand combat.

Congratulations on the beautiful beast.

Segue. That's what your wonderfully composed prose has, and that's what I'm sure your Gurkha will reward you with.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 18th May 2023 at 00:13.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 14:55   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I have been living with a similar boxy bad beast(of similar shade) for past 6 years and I can relate to lot of emotions you have penned down
Boxy Beast is the right term to use for these...er...Boxy Beasts !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Absolutely loved reading this. So much so that I read it twice over.
Right you are, many companies completely forget that the entire experience of the product is concentrated exactly at the point where a human meets the customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasV View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts beautifully, it was a joy to read. Would've loved to see more pictures of your beast
Indeed it is, as mechanical as it can get, but there is another drool-worthy monster. But quite out of reach for now, the Ineos Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
The radiator of my 2014 Force Gurkha went kaput, and all the fluid leaked out. p
Thanks for the welcome. You forgot to add that Tech Person also said "keep topping up the water", remember you had a leak in the radiator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
...Your vehicle is a thing of admiration and can be appreciated days. Congratulations and millions of marketing miles!
Yes it is a lovely machine, so ugly that it is beautiful. Very very few artefacts like that, some guns, some animals, some buildings (dolmens especially) all function and no design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
So good to hear from you after ages, Professor!\!
Royal enfield is a mystery, my '91 model is appreciating in value ! My CA is damn annoyed! his depreciation models are blown to bits.

Mod Note - Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) feature, quote only relevant parts, proofread and do not dramatise replies. [... or !!! or heyyyy]

Please go through Posting Etiquettes for better post formation.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th May 2023 at 15:23.
UniMuni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 22:04   #865
BHPian

Quote:
No Wheeling Dealing: While I had test driven the GURKHA at a couple of other locations, my first serious visit was to the Ahmedabad dealer with the improbable name: MSS MediTechno Pvt. Ltd. Located in a gritty industrial suburb.
Your dealer's watchman's description reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song ' The Gambler'. Lovely review, had a great time reading it!

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2023 at 06:12. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 18th May 2023, 22:46   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Congratulations.

And the BEST EVER OWNERSHIP REVIEW AWARD till date posted on team-bhp goes to you from me.

Yes, it's my choice over a M&M Thar if I am looking for 4x4, just as Bolero Neo is my choice over all the pseudo cross-SUV in the sub-4 meter space.

Loved reading your review.
.....thanks a ton for the kind words and the AWARD.....but boss, the Gurkha is just the kind of old world machine that it is totally possible to fall in love with !!!
Old 18th May 2023, 22:48   #867

Quote:
Didn't get the roof carrier since it would hit the over head pipes in my parking.
While buying the Gurkha, one needs to understand that he/she would never get a five star treatment like the other manufacturers, heck you don't even get an Air Conditioned lounge. While getting my Gurkha serviced, I manage to kill time by either conversing with the mechies or the drivers of the Travellers and Trax who hang around, you get to learn lot of stuff.
All the best, let the "Force" be with you.
...wishing you all the very best with the OLD MONK......and i can see that you are sharing it liberally with the 'mechies' and the 'other drivers'....
UniMuni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 22:50   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Such words of Adulation can only mean one thing- several years of happy motoring. Enjoy the journey !
...thanks for the good wishes....i wish you too lovely growling engines...Eating up the tarmac !!!...
Old 18th May 2023, 22:52   #869

Quote:
Missed quoting your post, hence quoting and reposting as I am unable to edit. How many km have you covered till date?
.....the odometer says 6700 km...but in my dreams i have covered thousands more.....but but...judgung by the max speed that is comfortable in the Gurkha BS6....i would rather quote hours at the wheel instead of kms covered
UniMuni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 22:54   #870

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Welcome to the club!
Wish you many safe miles on and off the road!
..thanks for the good wishes...and to paraphrase the UAE RTA "safety for all" drivers, vehicles, pedestrians....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks