Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 22:55   #871
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniMuni View Post
.....thanks a ton for the kind words and the AWARD.....but boss, the Gurkha is just the kind of old world machine that it is totally possible to fall in love with !!!
Have already test driven it.

Waiting for final go ahead from Vitamin M: Gurkha and Bolero Neo and this and that and EV.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 21st July 2023 at 04:40. Reason: Post edited for readability + non English content without included translation removed.
Old 18th May 2023, 22:56   #872

Mod Note : Please go through forum's Posting Etiquettes before making any further post on Team-BHP.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera555 View Post
UniMuni, what an amazing write up! Thoroughly enjoyed reading the information, the anecdotes & the humor. If there were ratings for the write ups in terms of VFM, your post banks more than Gurkha on that front & I'm not sorry to say so. 4872 is an eye candy without being petty. I've spotted it a couple of times in the city and as I read your first post, it bought about a smile on my face.

Looking forward to many such posts for us to Segue.
....eye candy indeed...the only regret i have is that I cannot see Segue 'coz i am inside...once in a while i do stop at a chai stop and then I ogle too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hello UniMuni, I don't exactly know why, but after reading your posts in one nonstop sitting, I feel like I've drank a few cans of Red Bull and can take on a bear in hand to hand combat.

Congratulations on the beautiful beast.

Segue. That's what your wonderfully composed prose has, and that's what I'm sure your Gurkha will reward you with.
...red bull indeed...thanks for the kind words and encouragement..but please please please be kind to the bear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Your dealer's watchman's description reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song ' The Gambler'. Lovely review, had a great time reading it!
somewhere there must be an anthology of road/driver/driving music. I vote it should include ALL Easy Rider music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Have already test driven it

waiting for final go ahead from Vitamin M

Gurkha and Bolero Neo and this and that and EV

hey bhagwaan utha le re baba utha le ... mera Vitamin Level
..wish your next lottery ticket clicks

Last edited by Sheel : 19th May 2023 at 09:23. Reason: Mod note attached.
UniMuni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 03:15   #873
BHPian

Hello professor! I saw the picture and I thought this person looks like my professor from SP Jain. And then scrolling further and seeing the uni cycle confirmed it because you got one to class and that's the only time I have got my hands on riding (and failing at it).
This is an excellent ownership review. So glad I clicked on this forum and it really displays your passion for the car. 😁🙏
adhd92 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:33   #874

Mod note: Trimmed the quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for replies. Affects readability, Thanks.

Quote:

Falling in Love with Segue: My BSVI Force Motors GURKHA

------------------------------------ -------------------------------------
Disclaimer: The Views expressed in this Article are my own. I bought my OWN GURKHA. No Company/Brand sponsorship or affiliation of ANY company whatsoever in any part of what I have written. I have bought my OWN TATA Xenon and Enfield Bullet 350 too !!
Just love your no nonsense, very direct way of writing. You know your mind and your stuff and have no qualms about expressing yourself very eloquently. More power to you… in your writing, on the road or off it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd May 2023 at 19:13.
T. Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:14   #875
BHPian

Quote:

Falling in Love with Segue: My BSVI Force Motors GURKHA

Disclaimer: The Views expressed in this Article are my own. I bought my OWN GURKHA. No Company/Brand sponsorship or affiliation of ANY company whatsoever in any part of what I have written. I have bought my OWN TATA Xenon and Enfield Bullet 350 too !!
Heartiest congratulations Sir! I could recognize you from unimuni and your picture in the post . We (me along with many of my classmates) were already in awe of your teaching style and personality when we were attending your marketing lectures in SPJ Mumbai as part of our EMBA.

Irrespective of whether anyone reads and comprehends this post of yours as any marketing pointer, I know one thing, You have very well described the soul of an SUV through your own.

We all are proud to have been taught marketing by you. As far as your very own SEGUE is concerned, looks like it's already a rockstar just like you. Keep writing, Keep motivating.

Best Regards,
Achint

(The guy from the Chhole Bhature party)

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th May 2023 at 14:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please do not quote long posts as it inconveniences our mobile readers. Thank you.
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 15:28   #876
Senior - BHPian

Gurkha interior with custom bits on Dashboard, armrests on front seats and custom upholstery.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-img20230523172813.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 13:08   #877
BHPian

Hi,

I had reached out to Rohit Force, in Gurgaon regarding the new Gurkha launch. Please refer to the screeshot of our conversation. I really hope they dont breach the 20 Lakh bracket with these update.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-gurkha-update.png  

Ksingh544 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 21:42   #878
BHPian

Found a Gurkha today in my office parking. Instant love. This is the first one I am seeing in Jaipur, and fell in love instantly.

Have mentally decided that when I buy a car in next year or so, it's either going to be Force Gurkha or Kia Carnival Limousine black - and nothing in between.

Now I am more leaning towards Gurkha.

Next to Gurkha, Seltos looks like an Alto-s
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-c70c3987287d4ed6949424847ac63119.jpg  

shrvenkataraman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 21:44   #879
BHPian

More pictures:

Force Gurkha Review-1.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-2.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-3.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-4.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-5.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-6.jpg
shrvenkataraman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 20:07   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Force Gurkha 5-door pickup with soft top spotted testing in Valsad, Gujarat.
Likely to be launched later this year.

Force Gurkha Review-screenshot-20230602-200618.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:50   #881
BHPian

I understand from the local Bengaluru dealer, that the updated Gurkha will be available for view and test drives by end of this month. Maybe available for delivery by July.

Looks like updated interiors, 18 inch wheels and other upgrades can be expected in the new avatar. Looking forward to the launch.
Old 9th June 2023, 18:04   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Force Gurkha 5-door; new spy shots show different 4WD gear, front styling.

Force Motors has been testing the five-door Gurkha for over a year.

Quote:
Square headlamps replace round units
4WD knob between front seats instead of transfer case
Unique 7-seat layout visible
Force Gurkha Review-20230609054754_gur1z.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-20230609054856_gur4z.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-20230609054754_gur2z.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-20230609054754_gur3z.jpg

There are chances of the updated Gurkha going on sale in the coming months, but it's not final yet.

Link

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th June 2023 at 14:36. Reason: Correcting source link :)
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 20:53   #883
Senior - BHPian

I seriously hope that those square headlamps are replaced with the circular ones that are seen on the three door (or say two door + boot) Gurkha.

The square headlamps make it looks like the commerical vehicles that Force sells.

Till the end of 2022, there was a lot of noise regarding 5 door Gurkha and also the updated GC models. Not sure why all those news inputs about the updated suspension design to increase the GC have gone silent.
PaddleShifter is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 01:24   #884
BHPian

Okay so the square headlamps seem to be a placeholder as there's a stupid regulation which demands cars of same model but different body style to have different identification by design. As leaving a crime scene the witness supr be able to distinguish.

Same reason why Polo-Vento, Tiago-Tigor, Swift-Dzire and Brio-Amaze-Mobilio have distinguished front facia in India despite being identical abroad.

Going by that, the 4 door has to be different. I think they have redesigned the front grille. The G wagon looks is something FM showcases with pride. I know that won't change because the spy shots have fender mounted indicators despite the Cruiser/CityLine Headlights having integrated indicators. So that's not a coincidence.

The spy shot cars look hideous really, the real deal is a different story. Remember the 3 Door spy shots, the car looked like a makeshift Tata Sumo specifically the one flaunting fiber front end and last gen halogen lights.

On the other note, funny how none of the car reviewers said anything about the Jimny being underpowered or the interior being hard plasticy or dated. It seems an organised hate happened back when Gurkha 3 door launched polarizing people towards That.

It's good because those who know what it is, will only be the ones appreciating the Gurkha. A fantastic tourer SUV.

Eagerly waiting for 5 Door now. Especially after the Mercedes G400D launching in Gurkha looking colors��♥️

Peace
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 13:56   #885
BHPian

The timing of this leak looks suspicious Someone wants a potential Jimny owner to think twice before putting down their money.
Sk8r is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks