Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 17:29   #886
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBalenoGuy View Post
On the other note, funny how none of the car reviewers said anything about the Jimny being underpowered or the interior being hard plasticy or dated.
Very right. I love the Gurkha, I won't hesitate to say it looks better than stock Thar. Sure the engine has less HP which might send city buyers away, but off readers will love it. So yeah, it's a good vehicle. Personally I'd wait for an update, like the 5 door one. But that's no reason to hate it. Off roaders don't need gimmicks, they need a workhorse. Add good G wagon looks, and it's a bonus.
Error402 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 02:49   #887

I really fantasised about the defender pickup when i was a kid and kept on configuring it online. The Gurkha Pickup gives me the same eternal diesel rough and tough pickup vibes! Fingers crossed if it is launched it will be the car which will never leave my garage!
T-REX84 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 11:04   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Hi,

I had reached out to Rohit Force, in Gurgaon regarding the new Gurkha launch. Please refer to the screeshot of our conversation. I really hope they dont breach the 20 Lakh bracket with these update.
Just called Hyderabad Coach Builders, Secunderabad and was informed that the upgraded Gurkha will be available in the showroom by the end of this month or early July.

Hopefully, it there are no slippages in the timeline and the upgrades are not just cosmetic, but are performance enhancing. Not that the current model lacks firepower.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 08:23   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBalenoGuy View Post
On the other note, funny how none of the car reviewers said anything about the Jimny being underpowered or the interior being hard plasticy or dated. It seems an organised hate happened back when Gurkha 3 door launched polarizing people towards That.

Peace
Agreed with 100% of your post but I wish to add that regardless of the dated interiors or hard plastics being present in the Jimny, Gurkha got negative reviews as it took this (interior quality) to another level. If only the steering wheel wasnt so bland.

Apart from better ground clearance, the updated Gurkha needs just two basic things: an improved steering wheel design and a cruise control (basic not ADAS or ACC).
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 09:08   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
........... Apart from better ground clearance, the updated Gurkha needs just two basic things: an improved steering wheel design and a cruise control (basic not ADAS or ACC).
Force Motors does things incrementally. Apparently, the 2022 iteration of the Gurkha has a dead pedal and some other minor modifications.

Focus of the 2023 upgrade appears to be increasing the wheel diameter to 18" as with the 5 door prototypes, introducing AdBlue because of the BS 6.2 norms and consequently a more powerful engine. Plus some improvements to the interiors.

Anything more, like steering wheel design and cruise control, will be a bonus, I guess.
Zezé is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 09:50   #891
Senior - BHPian

Have seen many owners complaining about oil weeps/leaks due to sub-standard quality of oil seals. Hope Force motors rectifies this as an oil weep/leak is the last thing any owner wants to see on a 20L brand new car.
man_of_steel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 00:53   #892
BHPian

There's also bearing failures and suspension bushes dying because of the rough road driving. They've been updating things over time proactively, big kudos.
Its a fantastic car. Waiting for 5 Door badly😁
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 14:39   #893
BHPian

Hi Friends,

The first batch of updated Gurkha is planned to manufactured in this month. Expected changes are in high power 2.0 litre Engine, chassis due to increase in GC, Transfer case, Music system.

Expect a launch buzz towards end of month.

make a great day ahead
007 Bond
007 Bond is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 17:43   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Expected changes are in high power 2.0 litre Engine, chassis due to increase in GC, Transfer case, Music system.
Thanks Bondji, you always give the most accurate updates.
I am really curious about the source/origins of the 2.0 engine? Given the limited volumes, I am wondering where the sourced the 2.0 liter from. The increase in GC and any redesign of the suspension/chasis is a welcome change.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 17:56   #895
BHPian

Quote:
The first batch of updated Gurkha is planned to manufactured in this month. ................Expect a launch buzz towards end of month..............
I logged in just now with the specific purpose of inquiring about the launch of the upgraded Gurkha.

Thanks for the information. I do hope that there is no further slippage in the launch since it was initially scheduled of end May and then end June.

Anyway, on a lighter note, the delay hasn't affected the share price of Force Motor that has risen some 40% in a short period of time.
Zezé is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 20:49   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

The first batch of updated Gurkha is planned to manufactured in this month. Expected changes are in high power 2.0 litre Engine, chassis due to increase in GC, Transfer case, Music system.

Expect a launch buzz towards end of month.

make a great day ahead
007 Bond
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Thanks Bondji, you always give the most accurate updates.
I am really curious about the source/origins of the 2.0 engine? Given the limited volumes, I am wondering where the sourced the 2.0 liter from. The increase in GC and any redesign of the suspension/chasis is a welcome change.
What are the odds of Force shoehorning Fiat’s superb 2.0 MJD into the Gurkha? Don’t see them having the skills or the volume for making a new engine by themselves, or anyone else lining up to offer them one.

A Gurkha powered by a 170hp MJD will be quite something. Also opens up the possibility for an automatic option. One can dream!

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 2nd July 2023 at 20:50.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 12:37   #897
BHPian

Quote:
..............The first batch of updated Gurkha is planned to manufactured in this month...........
Unlike the pre-launch of the Thar and the Jimny, the silence regarding the upgraded Gurkha is deafening. Maybe, Force Motors likes it that way.......

Anyway, whenever the production starts and the shipping of the Gurkha commences is a matter for the company to figure out. But I have one niggling doubt. Will the 3 door iteration continue to be produced or will only the 5 door Gurkha be available in the future? Can you check with your mole, Bondji?
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 15:28   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Expected changes are in high power 2.0 litre Engine,
The engine change is most welcome, though not sure of the new rotary dial system for engaging 4X4. Long term, most Mahindra nd Tata 4X$ owners change the rotary knobs/scrolls to mechanical levers, and Force can't be any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
What are the odds of Force shoehorning Fiat’s superb 2.0 MJD into the Gurkha?
Why bother with Fiat, when Mercedes is there for Force.

Maybe it is the same 2.1l (2.2l in marketing speak) engine from Merc. Or they may have reduced the size. The Mercedes OM654 is too new for Mercedes to allow Force to use.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 00:29   #899
BHPian

Gurkha spotted testing 5-door.

Video on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cue4YVEAfsN/
shrvenkataraman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 15:32   #900
BHPian

Spoke to a dealer in Jaipur. They mentioned that any updates about Gurkha will be available post September only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks