Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 12:41   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Any update on price reveal?

I for one, wish Gurkha gets at least moderate success. At one end of the spectrum, we have manufactures like Suzuki who have a readily available, tried and tested as well as manufactured in India 'Gimny' - which they are least interested in selling to Indians. At the same time, at another end of spectrum, we have a company like Force, who are trying their level best ( at least in manufacturing side), to build and sell a proper 4x4. Don't they deserve a chance. I would say a definite YES!.
It is launching today, so prices will be out soon:

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...715851934.html

Very keen to know the price as well. Full marks to Force for keeping this niche product alive with periodic refreshes. Besides it looks SO good. With the talks of having Gurkha specific customer care team and other planned 'lifestyle' initiatives, this version might finally click. I wish them luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
I so much wanted to buy Gypsy as my first car. Combined effect of dealers not interested in selling plus expecting full payment while booking and non practical for family use, I let go.
When was this? If I remember correctly they stopped having this model in showrooms a long ago and only made available to civilians if someone paid the price - since it will be a special order. Went to MS showrooms numerous times because people around me keep buying MS cars, and never saw one being displayed.

I think they (MS) made it pretty clear that dealers need not promote this car and if anyone still wants it they definitely don't need any promotion by dealers since that buyer will be all prepared and possibly knew more than SAs in the dealerships.
Old 27th September 2021, 13:41   #107
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
When was this? If I remember correctly they stopped having this model in showrooms a long ago and only made available to civilians if someone paid the price - since it will be a special order. Went to MS showrooms numerous times because people around me keep buying MS cars, and never saw one being displayed.

I think they (MS) made it pretty clear that dealers need not promote this car and if anyone still wants it they definitely don't need any promotion by dealers since that buyer will be all prepared and possibly knew more than SAs in the dealerships.
You are right. This is was around 2011 when I was buying my first car. During those times, arranging 6-7 lakhs upfront was difficult. So let go. To be fair on the showroom, they emailed me a soft copy of the brochure. And again I checked around 2018. OTR Bangalore price for soft-top was 8.4 lakhs. They were planning do discontinue sales to civilians by then. So again it was in vain.

Let hope Force doesn't disappoint us with pricing.
Old 27th September 2021, 17:03   #108
BHPian

Is there no update on the new Gurkha' price yet? I hope they will not reveal it in parts as they did for the vehicle :-)
Old 27th September 2021, 17:35   #109
Senior - BHPian

First they come up with a half baked product and claim that they will launch and reveal the pricing on September 27th.
It's 27th September, and half past five in the evening, and Gurkha is no where to be found!!!!.

Is Force Motors, already not interested in selling it
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:12   #110
Senior - BHPian

The Force Gurkha has been launched at Rs 13.59 lakh.

Force Gurkha Review-smartselect_20210927191347_chrome.jpg

Bookings open on the Gurkha website for Rs 25,000.

Force Gurkha Review-20210927_192912.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th September 2021 at 19:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:14   #111
BHPian

Price revealed -13.59
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20210927191219.jpg  

Last edited by wbd8779 : 27th September 2021 at 19:17.
wbd8779 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:24   #112
BHPian

Makes the Thar look like even more VFM and practical to own. Heck Rs. 13.59L for barebone vehicle? Though the product is brilliant in terms of the off-road capability this is a rip-off.

Force motors better find a good product planning team. Not comparing the capabilities and class but just the product pricing strategy - Mahindra had managed to price the XUV700 lower than this!

Last edited by saikarthik : 27th September 2021 at 19:26.
saikarthik is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:31   #113
BHPian

13.59 seems steep. I was expecting it to be around 11.99 lacs ;-).
Old 27th September 2021, 19:33   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The Force Gurkha has been launched at Rs 13.59 lakh.

Attachment 2212478

Bookings open on the Gurkha website for Rs 25,000.

Attachment 2212483

Link
This is Rs. 9000 less than the Thar Diesel Hard top. Interesting pricing, both vehicles have their strengths and minuses, but Force is clearly not looking to play the volume game!
ph03n!x is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

IMO, this pricing is OK - not so high as to absolutely put it out of contention against the Thar LX HT Manual.

However, I do think Force Motors might have missed a trick by not launching it with some sort of tempting introductory pricing, specially with the imminent festival season in the next few months.
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:54   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
Makes the Thar look like even more VFM and practical to own. Heck Rs. 13.59L for barebone vehicle? Though the product is brilliant in terms of the off-road capability this is a rip-off.

Force motors better find a good product planning team. Not comparing the capabilities and class but just the product pricing strategy - Mahindra had managed to price the XUV700 lower than this!
How come the Thar is more practical as a car? I thought the new Gurkha has better front and rear seats, a proper boot space, and a metal roof that will avoid chances of leaks which even hard top Thars seem to be suffering from. The only thing Thar has to its advantage is a bit more power and an auto box.
fhdowntheline is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:56   #117
BHPian

As others have said, the pricing is steep. Don’t think the car would have generated volumes even if it had undercut the 12 lakh mark (or even the 11 lakh mark) but at least the buyers could justify their purchase given the capability of the vehicle. With this price, it’ll be hard for Force Motors to rack up even three-digit sales per month (happy to be proven wrong).

The appeal of the vehicle is now limited to:

(i) people who are going to use the vehicle solely as an off-road toy;

(ii) people who can’t bear the waiting period of the Thar; or

(ii) people looking for extreme exclusivity on the road.

Last edited by Marauder : 27th September 2021 at 20:58.
Marauder is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 21:16   #118
BHPian

The Gurkha 2021 generated enough interest, including mine. The pricing wasn't going to be low, but they should have targeted the base Thar variants. Instead they took on the LX Hard Top Variant which is fully loaded to the gills.

I would have booked one eyes closed at 12 lacs but now even the waiting period of Thar seems ok. I will get more money saved in the car fund by then 😅

Now, will wait for a test drive and then take a head over heart decision. Also a hasty decision would mean I would lose out on some good deals for the year end.
bhargavd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 21:24   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
How come the Thar is more practical as a car? I thought the new Gurkha has better front and rear seats, a proper boot space, and a metal roof that will avoid chances of leaks which even hard top Thars seem to be suffering from. The only thing Thar has to its advantage is a bit more power and an auto box.
Keep all brand affiliations, technical bits, specifications aside and just drive them both back to back. You will have your answer.
Kosfactor is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Keep all brand affiliations, technical bits, specifications aside and just drive them both back to back. You will have your answer.
Very very few people would have had that privilege till now.

And very few people would have biased views for Force Motors and the products. Actually, most of the time the Gurkha owners call a spade, a spade unlike alot of others.

And we do these comparisons day in day out on the forum based on material available on the WWW. Helps to get another perspective to check for when the actual test drive happens.

That said, even I feel the Thar offers much more value for the money. The Gurkha would maybe score a few more points on the seating/boot layout and the metal top which can carry much more load to actually be useful for overlanding.
bhargavd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks