Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 08:01   #211
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I've been told by the dealer that for sure 100% i will be able to see the car in the flesh on 21st October. Will put my booking deposit down once i have driven it.
Today is 21st, eagerly waiting for your update!
Old 20th October 2021, 09:33   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Looks like your excitement got the better of you Today is 20th!
cool_dube is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 09:52   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On another note I noticed the button for DPF filter cleaning/clearing on the dashboard and since someone was enquiring about it i am attaching the photo below.
The pictures of this engine showed a DPF, a large cylinder like object attached to the exhaust closer to the engine. I`m not sure if its even possible to make a BS6 diesel without DPF, without AdBlue yes but DPF, I doubt.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 13:12   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Well today is 21st and awoke all excited to finally be able to see the new Gurkha.

I showered and dressed hurriedly as just could not hold back any longer. Drove out and called up the dealership informing them of my imminent arrival.

Here are the long awaited pics as promised..

Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211021130547_chrome.jpg

The jokes on me..

(Not the actual showroom..pic for representation purposes only)
Manuuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:33   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Well today is 21st and awoke all excited to finally be able to see the new Gurkha.

I showered and dressed hurriedly as just could not hold back any longer. Drove out and called up the dealership informing them of my imminent arrival.

Attachment 2221866

The jokes on me..

These guys sure know how to let people down. So much for all their hoopla about a change in attitude. I have yet to get a call from the blr guys as to when they expect a demo vehicle. I’m not so sure I want to put my money down on it anymore, given their absolute lack of interest.
Old 21st October 2021, 15:41   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On another note I noticed the button for DPF filter cleaning/clearing on the dashboard and since someone was enquiring about it i am attaching the photo below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The pictures of this engine showed a DPF, a large cylinder like object attached to the exhaust closer to the engine. I`m not sure if its even possible to make a BS6 diesel without DPF, without AdBlue yes but DPF, I doubt.
Anyone knows what this button will do? Can't be a "self clean" one-touch automation for sure? I am open to the possibility that this might just be an indicator for clogged DPF warning, rather than an actual switch! Our Indian manufacturers are known to historically forget some items in the console (or elsewhere) and then put some jugad solution around it, since the original design and order for the primary part (console in this question) - is already approved! I'm not saying that's what has happened, but we can always believe it if FM manages to do that. Interesting to know what this "button" actually does.
Old 21st October 2021, 17:20   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The jokes on me..
Allow me to humor you a bit, there is a camel motif on the glass somewhere in the new Thar, it means camel is the only big animal in the desert - also signifies that Thar is the only vehicle in its segment.

A bunch of videos that detail the vehicle`s development - It is in Tamizh though. Why I think the additional 2L INR and the waiting period is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm not saying that's what has happened, but we can always believe it if FM manages to do that. Interesting to know what this "button" actually does.
2 Things as far as I could gather.

1. Its on the console next to other switches, so most probably a switch itself.
2. Gurkha is a shortened TRAX \ Cruiser underneath, commercial vehicles usually have a park regen button as some of them spend long durations idling \ at less than ideal engine speeds for automatic regen.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 20:46   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Allow me to humor you a bit, there is a camel motif on the glass somewhere in the new Thar, it means camel is the only big animal in the desert - also signifies that Thar is the onl....
My excitement for a second 4x4 (since i already have a 2019 Endeavour) is only for the Gurkha. I never considered the Thar as I don't particularly like the way it looks nor the amount of space it offers.

The Gurkha is going to be complete case of heart ruling over and infact completely decimating the brain as far as i am concerned. The Gurkha has had me excited for a number of years and therefore ive decided to finally scratch that itch.

Now for a short rant

For some reason only known to Force Motors they went with a 16 inch Rim in 160x5 PCD. It is nearly impossible to source Alloy wheels for this size and PCD if one does not like the company fitted Rims.(Probably their reason then!..)

If they had gone for a 17" Rim in a more common PCD it would have opened up a world of opportunities as far as tyres and alloy wheels go.

The Thar is also very popular because one can "make it their own" through a host of modifications. Wheels and tyres are usually the first step and one that has a real impact on the stance of any vehicle.

Those tiny 245/70/16 sized tyres look disproportionate on a tall vehicle like the Gurkha.
Force Gurkha Review-img20211001wa0002.jpg

Taller and slighty wider tyres would have improved the stance a whole lot. That is what I had planned on doing the first day of getting my vehicle as i also wanted to improve that measly 205 mm ground clearance.

Unfortunately I've been fighting a losing battle the past couple of weeks, in trying to source Rims or tyres of my choice in 16 inch rims of 160x5 PCD.

A bit of market research from the people at Force and the simple choice of a common PCD Rim in 17" would have made things so much simpler.

Last edited by Manuuj : 21st October 2021 at 20:55. Reason: Added information.
Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 20:47   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
These guys sure know how to let people down. So much for all their hoopla about a change in attitude. I have yet to get a call from the blr guys as to when they expect a demo vehicle. I’m not so sure I want to put my money down on it anymore, given their absolute lack of interest.
I actually had the opportunity to test drive the Gurkha yesterday. My experience with both the dealer and FM sales team has been outstanding. They have been proactive in addressing my question.

I also found the test drive satisfactory, the Gurkha can definitely keep pace with traffic on highways. Ofcourse, off road the Gurkha will crush it. The interiors are refined enough.

That said, I still haven't made up my mind to buy it yet. Due to lack of 3 point belt in rear seats. Otherwise I would happily have them take my money.

Finally, that little button is for DPF regen.
hazchem is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 21:18   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazchem View Post
I actually had the opportunity to test drive the Gurkha yesterday. My experience with both the dealer and FM sales team has been outstanding. They have been proactive in addressing my question.

I also found the test drive satisfactory, the Gurkha can definitely keep pace with traffic on highways. Ofcourse, off road the Gurkha will crush it. The interiors are refined enough.

That said, I still haven't made up my mind to buy it yet. Due to lack of 3 point belt in rear seats. Otherwise I would happily have them take my money.

Finally, that little button is for DPF regen.
Wow finally! So lets hope that Delhi too receives the Gurkha tommorow or day after.

Did you not take any pics??! Please post them if you did. Please.

As far as the three point seat belt for the rear passengers I am sure there will be some way to get an aftermarket solution.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:27   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I've been fighting a losing battle the past couple of weeks, in trying to source Rims or tyres of my choice in 16 inch rims of 160x5 PCD.

A bit of market research from the people at Force and the simple choice of a common PCD Rim in 17" would have made things so much simpler.
As I mentioned earlier be careful with aftermarket wheels. The safest bet is to use the same alloy that force is offering but buy it from a local store instead. There is a lot that can go wrong if they don't fit right, unlike the other vehicles local shops won't know a whole lot about fitment when it comes to Gurkha.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 01:17   #222
BHPian

Interesting video
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:01   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Did you not take any pics??! Please post them if you did. Please.
Unfortunately, I didn't make any. The TD vehicle was not yet prepped to spec. The dealer and FM went out of their way to accommodate me as I was going away for a few days and thus would not have been able to get a Test in time before Diwali delivery.

Yes, should be possible to install aftermarket 3 point seat belts, but I am not going to buy them and then find out.
hazchem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:05   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazchem View Post
I actually had the opportunity to test drive the Gurkha yesterday. My experience with both the dealer and FM sales team has been outstanding.
Pics please!! This is good news , did they give any indication as to when they are starting deliveries/ test drives for other metros ?
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:26   #225
HTC
BANNED

Quote:

The jokes on me..

Ha ha, Finding a unicorn is easier than finding Gurkha I guess. Forget finding one on road, even in showrooms its difficult to spot one.

On a brighter side, this gives unparalleled exclusivity to the owner. Those who yearn to buy one, but couldn't buy owing to 'practicality' will definitely slowdown and start following your Gurkha just to appreciate the road presence and the unicorn status of this car (which I shamelessly do every time ) . At the same time, not even imported Audi's and Mercs grab this kind of attention may be.

Being said that, a person who has decided on even checking out Gurkha would not care about all these shortcomings from company or showrooms inability to provide display vehicle or test drive on time. What he appreciates is the fact that there is a company who is not giving up, well knowing that they will not make any windfall profits out of this. They can as well stop production looking at the meager sales numbers, but still they are hanging on. Trying to give back something to true off-road enthusiasts. Kudos to Force for that. Just imagine, if Irani family had not abandoned JAWA factory in Mysore and held on to it. Royal Enfield would have had a tough competitor even now. Sigh. May be I am digressing from topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
did they give any indication as to when they are starting deliveries/ test drives for other metros ?
I'm in constantly annoying Bangalore dealership (Khivraj, Yeshwantpur) for updates on display/test drive vehicle. Latest I got was they will have the Gurkha on 24th of Oct. That is this Sunday. Hopefully will get a chance to take a look.

I have impulsively booked a Thar D MT Hardtop in April '21. The way things stand, I'm sure that I will not get the vehicle allocated even by April '22. Meanwhile, I will evaluate Gurkha and see if it convinces me to take the plunge.

Had couple of questions to Gurkha experts,
  1. Near to my place, there is a decent FNG which works on Force TT's. Can they fix Gurkha if need arises? asking as it is the similar engine used in TT, Trax etc. Please advise.
  2. Can I add three seater bench (with three point seatbelt) instead of two independent seats at back. This would allow to have 5 passengers instead of 4. But not sure, how the ingress/egress would work.

Drive safe and have fun
HTC
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks