Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 11:16   #241
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
First impression was WOW! Its much bigger than it looks in the pics. Most photos I've seen have the Gurkha standing on its own which lacks the perspective one gets when its standing with something to compare it with.
Thanks Thanks Thanks, I was waiting for your perspective putting my fingers crossed, I'm in constant touch with Force Showroom in Kolkata, I was about to place the booking but the sales person and the accounts manager both asked me to hold on till I get the test drive. As per them the test vehicle has been invoiced but will take time to arrive.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th October 2021 at 12:04.
T2luvroads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 11:21   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Thanks for the pics and the write up.

The issue with the alloys seems to be dealer scam.

The other thing I noticed in the price list posted earlier is that the Music system is a 56K accessory.
I think it was 18k for the music system. But i don't know why its listed separately since it is not an option. One cannot say i don't want the system. If i had the option to refuse this music system i certainly would have done so. Maybe they want to keep the ex showroom price low and so have listed these things as options when they certainly aren't treating them as such.

What next? List the steering wheel separate too?

I will be speaking to Nitesh ji of Force with regard to the wheels. Another reason i don't like the Neo wheels that the company is insisting upon is that they have an offset of 12. This causes them to stick out a little bit and with those puny 245/70 tyres it just looks very disproportionate with the rest of the tall body.
Force Gurkha Review-20211023_141438.jpg

Another thing i noticed about the car was that it did not seem to have proper recovery points in the front. It had a hole for those screw in type hooks that some cars come with.

The low ground clearance up front caused by the protection plate for the gearbox and transfer case really irks me too.
Also does any one else think the tyres camber seems off? This was a post PDI vehicle for a customer.
Force Gurkha Review-20211023_141506.jpg
Force Gurkha Review-20211023_140114.jpg

This vehicle will definitely need taller tyres and a suspension lift.

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th October 2021 at 11:27.
Manuuj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 12:42   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2luvroads View Post
Thanks Thanks Thanks,..

I was about to place the booking but the sales person and the accounts manager both asked me to hold on till I get the test drive. As per them the test vehicle has been invoiced but will take time ..
Glad you liked the pics. Very good of the sales person and accounts manager to ask you to hold on. I would say the same. I still have not booked and will not till i have driven it.

I loved the way the new Gurkha is but to be honest the Ground clearance issue is really getting to me. That front center area is going to get a lot of hits specially in rutted areas where the wheels will not be able to keep the center part high of the ground.

A stone covered by snow or mud will impact that portion for sure.

In the 2019 Extreme Gurkha they had given Solid axles and a 3 inch body lift. My respect for Force was strengthened then.

While the IFS suspension promises a much better ride on road, FM not designing the suspension in such a way to provide ample ground clearance has left me dumbfounded.

Would they have not noticed it in the past 2 years of off road and on road testing?

So far the 2021 Gurkha has not been tested properly in offroad conditions by anyone. Maybe all my fears will be put to rest once that happens.

I really really hope I am overreacting.

I wish someone in Engineering from Force Motors would join the conversation here on Team Bhp and put all doubts to rest once in for all.

I would request Trojan to please post some front underside pics of his Gurkha here so we can compare GC with the 2021 model.
If memory serves me right his is not the Solid front axle Gurkha Extreme version.
Manuuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:07   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

While the IFS suspension promises a much better ride on road, FM not designing the suspension in such a way to provide ample ground clearance has left me dumbfounded.

Would they have not noticed it in the past 2 years of off road and on road testing?

So far the 2021 Gurkha has not been tested properly in offroad conditions by anyone. Maybe all my fears will be put to rest once that happens.
I doubt if we will get to see reviews like this again.

Link (Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019))

Nowadays its OEM`s specifically designed track to demonstrate the vehicle and nothing more. I do not think Force allowed anyone to drive the Gurkha on a four lane highway either.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:09   #245
BHPian

Quote:

In the 2019 Extreme Gurkha they had given Solid axles and a 3 inch body lift. My respect for Force was strengthened then.

I really really hope I am overreacting.

I wish someone in Engineering from Force Motors would join the conversation here on Team Bhp and put all doubts to rest once in for all.

I would request Trojan to please post some front underside pics of his Gurkha here so we can compare GC with the 2021 model.
If memory serves me right his is not the Solid front axle Gurkha Extreme version.
A body lift will not do much to alter gc , that is dictated by the lowest point , in case of the extreme- the lowest point of the diff. The body lift was primarily to accommodate larger tyres, which would have altered GC.
I’m pretty sure the low gearing of the std 2021 gurkha is low enough to allow you to safely upsize as long as you keep tyre width constant. It could benefit the gurkha with better cruising speeds and handling
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 18:28   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

I spoke to the local dealer in Cochin. As per them
- Each dealership is getting 2 vehicles for display. Here they will be getting the red and the green ones.
- The two vehicles should arrive by the 1st week of November in Cochin.
- On road price is 16.x L, I forget the exact number now.
- They have 18 bookings already! I wont be surprised if the numbers double as soon as the Gurkha is on display. Keralites loves their SUVs and the Thar is a smashing success here.
- No updates from the company on when the five door version will be released.
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 18:30   #247
BHPian

I met Nitesh ji today and he said it is indeed a company directive regarding the Alloy Wheels since the vehicle has been tested and approved by ARAI with these particular alloys and not Steel Rims.

If the alloys i have sourced match the specifications of the OE alloy he will enquire if they will allow me to take delivery with my Alloys installed at the showroom. They are not willing to give delivery on steel rims. That suits me just fine.

They also want to make sure that the alloy wheels I have bought will match the specs and will not make the tyre protrude outside the wheel arch. I pointed out that while their rim has a negative offset of 12 mine will be a zero offset rim.
The question of that rim causing tire protrusion outside the wheel arch does not arise.They seemed to be satisfied and will let me know soon.

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th October 2021 at 18:33.
Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:09   #248
Senior - BHPian

And the deliveries have begun.
Pic source-Official Instagram Page.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-1.jpeg  

Force Gurkha Review-2.jpeg  

Force Gurkha Review-3.jpeg  

rakesh_r is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:19   #249
BHPian

Yes, just got back from the Dealership, Received delivery of my Green Gurkha (Shrek)

Now, waiting to get it registered, so that I can start driving it.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-pxl_20211025_114727154.jpg  

hazchem is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:13   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally saw the Gurkha in the flesh and its a beast! Here is a teaser pic. Will be driving home now and will post many pics and observations in the evening.
Enjoy the pics..
Fit and Finish definitely looks a lot better than previous ones.
However, I do not see a Defogger or a Rear Wash and Wipe on the rear glass?

Is it there, and just not visible in the pics?
If not, how can force miss on something as basic as this, i mean on a off-roader, this is a necessity, and it's absence is a safety hazard
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:18   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Fit and Finish definitely looks a lot better than previous ones.
However, I do not see a Defogger or a Rear Wash and Wipe on the rear glass?

Is it there, and just not visible in the pics?
If not, how can force miss on something as basic as this, i mean on a off-roader, this is a necessity, and it's absence is a safety hazard
I am not sure about the defogger but it certainly does have a rear wiper with wash.
Will check the defogger part when i see the vehicle next.
Manuuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:40   #252
BHPian

No one should drive a car on Ceat tyres. They are horrible. From bikes to trucks, I have never met any happy ceat tyre customer. Why they make such horrible tyres should be a matter of serious investigation? With so many years of experience and money they can not even make a decent motorcycle tyre.

Force and ceat is like mutualism. Change the tyre, it should be the very first thing to do.
Sran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:44   #253
BHPian

Quote:
I met Nitesh ji today...
By any chance did you ask him about the optional infotainment system

Thanks!
Old 25th October 2021, 20:51   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
No one should drive a car on Ceat tyres. They are horrible. From bikes to trucks, I have never met any happy ceat tyre customer. Why they make such horrible tyres should be a matter of serious investigation? With so many years of experience and money they can not even make a decent motorcycle tyre.

Force and ceat is like mutualism. Change the tyre, it should be the very first thing to do.
As far as bike tires go, Ceat has come a long way for sure. I have used them on my own bike and other TBHPians are opting for them on bikes like the Royal Enfield 650 twins. Im not saying all Ceat bike tires are great, but some models certainly are good.

That said, I would change a Ceat car tire if my new car came with it.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 23:19   #255
BHPian

Just got a what's app msg from USG Motors Kolkata, they have received 1 vehicle but that is for a customer. Hope to have a look of it tomorrow if time permits. I'm also scared of the ground clearance as the underbelly will be challenged even in most moderate OTR.
T2luvroads is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks