Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 17:50   #361
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Is anyone planning for 17inch wheels on the Gurkha? The options in that size and PCD combination seem to be extremely limited.

Last edited by speedz : 10th November 2021 at 17:51.
Old 10th November 2021, 19:20   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBalenoGuy View Post
I'm convinced your Gurkha will break the internet and the 'rudimentary' image of Gurkha 2021 that the Reviews have portrayed. I believe it will be one of the first 2021 Gurkhas with aftermarket wheel setups.
Yes it should be one of the first few with an aftermarket wheel and an upsized tyre setup.
Thank you for your good wishes!

I cant say about the Internet but this whim of owning the Gurkha has already broken my bank! But it will be all worth it in my view. Its a special vehicle after all.

I test fitted the wheel and tyre to a Gurkha (not mine) today to make sure everything goes well when its time for my Gurkha delivery, and it sure looks stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
Hi
I managed to put one bicycle down the centre aisle with the front wheel removed and it fitted well I am thinking of either removing the arm rests to accommodate a second bicycle or removing one seat entirely so that 2 bicycles and luggage can be fitted in

I quite like the interiors and feel that it suits the vehicle overall and apart from interesting add ons like a compass, altimeter and vehicle tilt indicator which are just fun things to...

I had already booked the vehicle and so now plan to go ahead with the purchase
Congratulations on the booking! Thought of a name yet?

I had a multicycle carrier on my Fortuner worked very well. There is a model available for vehicles with spare tyres mounted on the door as well.
Force Gurkha Review-img_20190115_151032_440.jpg

Maybe one of the first accessories to add to your list? Even i intend on getting the Inclinometer Altimeter and Compass for my G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
I was told there is no change from old Gurkha, but number shared was 107.5mm taking wheel with 108mm bore. You will need centering ring.
Measured myself today and the Center Hub Diameter of the 2021 Gurkha is just over 108 mm. The CB of the OE Steel Wheel is 110 mm which i also personally measured today.

The 110 mm Center Bore Alloy which i have sourced thus fits perfectly allowing for Center Hub expansion due to heat generated while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz View Post
Is anyone planning for 17inch wheels on the Gurkha? The options in that size and PCD combination seem to be extremely limited.
I feel that it will be impossible to source an Alloy wheel with this PCD, ET and Center Bore in 17 inch size. It will be a miracle if everything matches up correctly.

Infact i have a sincere suggestion for all future Gurkha owners. Go in for the Original Equipment Alloy and only change the tyre if you want added Ground Clearance

I will elucidate upon this in my post below.

Thanks to Nitesh ji who is the Sales Head for Force Motors North India I managed to test fit my Alloy wheel and 245/75/16 Radar RT+ tyres on a Gurkha today.

When i had bought my alloys I had made sure to get a 160x5 PCD and 16 inch stock size so that there should be no unforseen issues with fitment and safety.

What i realised later was that there are a lot many more things to consider when selecting an Alloy wheel for a particular vehicle.

An often neglected and extremely important one being Center Hub Diameter and Center Bore of the Alloy matching.

Another thing was that my alloy was a Zero Offset compared to the 12 offset OE Alloy.

A third difference was that my alloy was 8 inches wide compared to an OE 6.5 inch alloy.

All these minute differences led to a lot of doubt creeping into my head and I contacted Nitesh ji to allow a "test fit" before my vehicle even arrives so I can be at peace and have my Alloy Wheels painted and made ready in time for my vehicle delivery.

I also wanted to see how the beefy Rugged Terrain 245/75/16 tyres will fit versus the stock All Terrain 245/70/16 tyres.

He was most accommodating and arranged for me to take the tyre and alloy to their workshop so we may test fit them and erase all doubts/ bring out any fitment or safety issues beforehand.

Now lets be clear. He could have just said: "No..Please get rid of your fancy alloy wheel and stick to the ones we are giving you"

But instead he went out of his way to accommodate me and was also present in person at the workshop to make sure everything went of smoothly. I am truly floored!

Now thats what I call service (with a smile)!
I am certain no such request would have been entertained by the makers of any of the vehicles I have previously or currently own.

Did someone say Force Motors Service is something to worry about? I think not!!

So to set the record straight the Center Hub Diameter of the 2021 Gurkha is just over 108 mm and the Center Bore of the OE STEEL WHEEL is 110 mm.

This perfectly suited my 160x5 PCD, 16 inch Alloy with a CB of 110 mm. This was a huge relief.

The Zero Offset of my Alloy made the tyre stick out just a wee bit and almost the same amount as the Stock Alloy Wheel and tyre setup of the Gurkha does.

The 245/75/16 tyres filled up the wheel well perfectly and their mean aggressive sidewall really gave the Gurkha an amazing stance and look.

There was absolutely no fouling with any suspension components which was great news.

Unfortunately i did not take any pics...

Just kidding.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-20211110_121831.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211110_122733.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211110_122738.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211110_122747.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211110_122904.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211110_122924.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 10th November 2021 at 19:31.
Manuuj is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 19:49   #363
BHPian

@Manuuj - Awesome wheel and tyre combo. And thanks to your experimentation and efforts, we got the information about hub dia and fit (with droolworthy pics)

Adding to your opinion, I feel Force has (finally) stepped up their game several notches above what has been seen in the past. Their response to queries and buyers so far has definitely been way better than what has been expected of them. They still have lot of ground to cover. But seeing the strides they have made so far they are on the right path.

Force has put the right foot forward. Hopefully they continue with the efforts and continue to gain the confidence of existing and prospective customers
speedz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 21:20   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post

Now thats what I call service (with a smile)!
I am certain no such request would have been entertained by the makers of any of the vehicles I have previously or currently own.

Did the showroom guys have a suggestion for making the front seat fold and tumble? Old Gurkha or Traveller seat options?

Cheers

Last edited by gthang : 10th November 2021 at 21:24. Reason: Typo
Old 10th November 2021, 22:03   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it should be one of the first few with an aftermarket wheel and an upsized tyre setup.
Thank you for your good wishes!

I cant say about the Internet but this whim of owning the Gurkha has already broken my bank! But it will be all worth it in my view. Its a special vehicle after all.

I test fitted the wheel and tyre to a Gurkha (not mine) today to make sure everything goes well when its time for my Gurkha delivery, and it sure looks stunning.
Game over. You have been of such help to all future Gurkha OWNERS who wants to change the wheels on day one, like me.

These are goals man. Thanks.

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2021 at 05:44. Reason: Quoted text trimmed, formatting, spacing
aasheeshmehta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 22:32   #366
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a fantastic thread. The Gurkha is probably one of the most underrated vehicles out there, and I really hope this facelift changes things around.
I would really like to take a td one sometime, just cant and wont even try to compare it to my new Thar petrol auto, but I cant stop my head from turning whenever I see one.
Please keep this thread updated
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 23:37   #367
BHPian

Quote:
I was told there is no change from old Gurkha, but number shared was 107.5mm taking wheel with 108mm bore. You will need centering ring.
Was thinking about your advice and have decided to take it. Thanks again.

Always better to be safe than sorry. I searched online and found that on Ebay Australia there were hubcentric rings suitable for a 110mm Center Bore to fit 108mm Hub Center Diameter advertised.

This is the exact same size as my Alloy wheel CB and the Gurkha Hub. Which means some engineer somewhere thought that the correct way to install these two different sized hub and bore together are with these sized hub centric rings.

Hence will source the same sized Hub Centric Rings in time for the Gurkha delivery.

Now I am also very curious to know the exact Center Bore of the Neo alloy wheels the Gurkha comes with. If the Center Bore is 110 mm as well do they supply Hub Centric Rings with the Alloy wheel to fit the 108 mm Center Hub Diameter?

When i searched online it showed the Center Bore to be 115 mm for the "Killer" design Neo Alloy Wheel which is the same Alloy the Gurkha comes with as OE.
Name:  Screenshot_20211110233317_Gallery.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  82.0 KB
Name:  Screenshot_20211110233341_Gallery.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  21.9 KB

Usually aftermarket wheels come with this kind of Center Bore with an oversized Diameter so that they can fit easily across more vehicle models.

It could be that for Force Motors Neo Wheels are making it 108mm to fit the Hub of the Gurkha correctly. Only an actual measurement of the Neo Alloy Center Bore would solve that mystery.
Manuuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 10:42   #368
BHPian

Quote:

Now I am also very curious to know the exact Center Bore of the Neo alloy wheels the Gurkha comes with. If the Center Bore is 110 mm as well do they supply Hub Centric Rings with the Alloy wheel to fit the 108 mm Center Hub Diameter?
I only removed spare wheel to check, it is likely that there is no change to bore(115) of Neo wheels and GK21 runs without centering ring.

About your tier, don't like piston skull on the outside ?

Force Gurkha Review-img_0004.jpg
PhantomLord is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 11:28   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Did the showroom guys have a suggestion for making the front seat fold and tumble? Old Gurkha or Traveller seat options?

Cheers
At the time of test fitting i was so preoccupied with the wheel fitment and taking various readings that nothing else really came to mind.

Fold and tumble front seat should be easily managed by modification companies like Prad, Bimra, Azad etc.
As long as the front passenger seat does not house any important modules under it and there is space to walk through.

I can't imagine why Force Motors did not give this option but they must have had their reasons for deleting it as the previous Gurkhas did have this.

Will be a very practical and useful modification specially for a vehicle which has its boot usually loaded up fully on long overland trips.

The 5 door Gurkha with its longer wheelbase and extra bootspace will be a superb overlanding platform.

Quote:
I only removed spare wheel to check, it is likely that there is no change to bore(115) of Neo wheels and GK21 runs without centering ring.
About your tier, don't like piston skull on the outside ?
Attachment 2231038
Sorry i didn't understand.. did you remove the spare wheel to check? What is the CB of the Neo Wheel?

Or did you mean that "One only has to remove the spare wheel to check"?

Yes i prefer the (BFG Style) chunky side biter design for the sidewall. Will be keeping the Skull and Pistons towards the inside.

If the Neo wheel is running with a 115mm CB on a 108mm Center Hub then my Alloy should be fine with its 110mm CB on the same Hub no?

But if an owner of the 2021 Gurkha on TBHP can check from the spare wheel it will clear all doubts.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 11:45   #370
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry i didn't understand.. did you remove the spare wheel to check? What is the CB of the Neo Wheel?

Or did you mean that "One only has to remove the spare wheel to check"?
I was referring to post # (Force Gurkha Review)311 where I removed spare alloy to check if it had ET markings. So do not know exact CB or if installed wheels had centering ring.

I think you can run without centering ring and change on need to basis.
PhantomLord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 12:07   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwesh View Post
Would a Thar owner or Mahindra dealer allow that

Cheers,
No dealer will permit this, but what stops a fellow member here to help out?

Cheers
Old 11th November 2021, 12:22   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I hope the replacement tyre meets the minimum spec (speed, weight etc) of OEM CEAT CZAR AT tyres. I couldn't gather sidewall information from the pictures. The thread looks aggressive, you should ideally weigh the aftermarket tyre and wheel combination against the stock setup to see if the weight difference is significant else your FE and acceleration will drop, wheel bearings and suspension bits will wear out fast.
Old 11th November 2021, 14:27   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I hope the replacement tyre meets the minimum spec (speed, weight etc) of OEM CEAT CZAR AT tyres. I couldn't gather sidewall information from the pictures. The thread looks aggressive, you should ideally weigh the aftermarket tyre and wheel combination against the stock setup to see if the weight difference is significant else your FE and acceleration will drop, wheel bearings and suspension bits will wear out fast.
OE ceat 245/70/16 is 15.5 kgs per tyre

Radar. 245/75/16 is 18.5 kgs per tyre

A comparable BFG is 23 kgs each.

The Radar RT can take load upto 1400 kg per tyre and is a PR10 rated LT tyre. The Ceat is rated for a much lower 1090 kgs per tyre.

Speed rating is for sustained speeds upto 160 kmph way more than required. The ceat is rated for 180 kmph which is a moot point.

Here are the specs that you inquired about. Its much superior to the OE Ceat or Apollo tyre in my opinion.

More importantly these are a Hybrid between All Terrain and Mud Terrain tyres and perfectly suited for light truck duty.

Besides being tougher and stronger than the OE tyres they also look like a million bucks!
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211111141837_whatsapp.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211103_142142.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 11th November 2021 at 14:56.
Manuuj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 14:58   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OE ceat 245/70/16 is 15.5 kgs per tyre

Radar. 245/75/16 is 18.5 kgs per tyre

A comparable BFG is 23 kgs each.
Not that much of a difference considering how aggressive the thread pattern looks. BFGs are overkill no doubt.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 15:58   #375
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a trailer for the Gurkha? Someone, recommended Marksman 4x4, however, I not looking for a camping tent trailer. More specifically I am looking for something like this.

Force Gurkha Review-windsurf-trailer.jpg

I did find someone who can fabricate one for me. However, they can't get it registered with something to do with ARAI certification. The best would be someone who trailers registrable in Maharashtra.
hazchem is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks