Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 08:08   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

The 5 door version will be a bit longer than this three door version.

The 3 door version has a wheelbase of 2400mm but the 5 door version will have a wheelbase of around 2850mm.

Even the previous gen Gurkha had a 5 door version.

https://www.carwale.com/force-motors...plorer-5-door/
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:26   #482
BHPian

@trojan. Checked out your YouTube review and looks honest and to the point. Thanks

Does the 5 door offer any other advantage beyond the obvious second row ingress and longer cabin?

What I mean to ask is if the 5 door is worth waiting for?
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 12:12   #483
Senior - BHPian

I wish they would launch an automatic transmission variant instead of or alongwith the 5 door version. A 3-door AT?

I also wish Force should launch the Traveler executive with an automatic transmission.
Old 9th December 2021, 16:45   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I wish they would launch an automatic transmission variant instead of or alongwith the 5 door version. A 3-door AT?

I also wish Force should launch the Traveler executive with an automatic transmission.
That seems to be the popular wish. Would grab a few more buyers, but I wonder if they would do that considering they’ve to source and integrate auto tranny for the niche Gurkha. Not to mention it pushes the price up on an already ambitiously priced workhorse. If they go the auto way then the would have to match the interiors to the competition and make a proper competitor to the Thar in it’s turf. That again pushes price up further and makes the Catch22 spiral.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:30   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
@trojan. Checked out your YouTube review and looks honest and to the point. Thanks

Does the 5 door offer any other advantage beyond the obvious second row ingress and longer cabin?

What I mean to ask is if the 5 door is worth waiting for?
Hi Vignesh,

Thank you

The erstwhile 5 door Gurkha was our vehicle of choice for it offered everything that we seeked, however, we could not get one as production had stopped due to BS4 to BS6 transition.

Here are some of the things which we had evaluated it by

Pros
- Acres of space in the middle row
- 5 doors, so ease of passenger ingress - egress
- additional space on offer in the last row, made for carrying enormous amounts of luggage a piece of cake
- 4wd transfer case makes access to roads/no roads a non-issue
- with a longer wheelbase, what you get is an extremely capable tourer/overlander and that too with a factory fit Snorkel
- all the other major pros of the new Gurkha

Cons
- with the additional weight, it may feel underpowered (haven't driven it so don't know the actual result)
- with a longer wheelbase, what you get is an extremely capable tourer/overlander, not meant for hardcore off-roading

Cheers,
Trojan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:46   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Cheers,
Thanks !

1.Does the extra length make the already long vehicle more cumbersome to manage and turn practically ?

2.How has the three door experience been in hindsight, I mean do you really miss the extra space and length and enjoy the trade off of the smaller footprint and proportionate looks?
Old 10th December 2021, 18:10   #487
BHPian

Just saw this youtube video
ajithvpl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:39   #488
BHPian

Today I took my Gurkha(Nemo) on a 120 kms drive on the highway and some broken country roads . The comfort of the suspension and the stability of the vehicle is really very good ,I would say feels better than my 2012 Fortuner .It is a treat to go over speed breakers and one is actually looking forward to one!
The driving position and ergonomic comfort are really good and even through a huge toll gate traffic jam and dense traffic before that , there was no fatigue and it was easy to manage the Gurkha . The high point of the evening was driving alongside a well modified Bolero and the owner of that nice rugged looking car gave me a big smile and thumbs up!
The highway acceleration will take some getting used to . It is slow. Of course I am still being gentle with the throttle and maybe I can rev it faster to 2000rpm
In the first gear , the turbo kicks in suddenly and there is a surge in speed that needs to be planned for especially in traffic. There are some metallic squeaks from the rear that ideally should not be there . Maybe the rear door or rear seat backs but nothing too alarming.
In summary, the current report is all positive and satisfying.
Shekhar Rao is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 08:13   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
There are some metallic squeaks from the rear that ideally should not be there . Maybe the rear door or rear seat backs but nothing too alarming.
In summary, the current report is all positive and satisfying.
While TD’ing the Gurkha, I heard a resonating metallic squeak while closing the tailgate, turned out to be the sparewheel, you might have a look at it.
Old 13th December 2021, 09:40   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
Today I took my Gurkha(Nemo) on a 120 kms drive on the highway and some broken country roads . The comfort of the suspension and the stability of the vehicle is really very good ,I would say feels better than my 2012 Fortuner .It is a treat to go over speed breakers and one is actually looking forward to one!, the current report is all positive and satisfying.
Happy to hear positive reviews Shekhar:

Do you have any clarity on the warranty coverage specifics? Is it comprehensive or should one go to respective OEM to avail it?
Old 13th December 2021, 18:06   #491
BHPian

This question is for the Delhi NCR people mainly. Is there any Force motors showroom in Delhi-NCR where I can at least visit and see this car in flesh?

Today I called up the TAPL Gurgaon showroom with the query whether they have this vehicle. Answer was Sir, Gurkha toh bahut din hogeya bandh ho geyi! Gurkha car production/ manufacturing has been stopped long ago, it is no more available!!

Called up the Rama Road Gurkha showroom in Delhi (near Kirti Nagar) which was mentioned in Dealer locator in Force Gurkha website. The person reluctantly said there won't be any demo or test drive, you can just see the car.
Old 13th December 2021, 18:19   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
This question is for the Delhi NCR people mainly. Is there any Force motors showroom in Delhi-NCR where I can at least visit and see this car in flesh?.
Hope this helps
Force Gurkha Review-img_20211213_181808.jpg
Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1073...0832983663931/
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:21   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
This question is for the Delhi NCR people mainly. Is there any Force motors showroom in Delhi-NCR where I can at least visit and see this car in flesh?

Today I called up the TAPL Gurgaon showroom with the query whether they have this vehicle. Answer was Sir, Gurkha toh bahut din hogeya bandh ho geyi! Gurkha car production/ manufacturing has been stopped long ago, it is no more available!!

Called up the Rama Road Gurkha showroom in Delhi (near Kirti Nagar) which was mentioned in Dealer locator in Force Gurkha website. The person reluctantly said there won't be any demo or test drive, you can just see the car.
There's no showroom for Force Motors Private Passenger Vehicles in NCR other than Rama Road dealership. There was one in Faridabad few years ago until it was converted to Isuzu dealership & is now a Bajaj 3-wheeler dealership now.

I believe they are letting off decent numbers by not having adequate sales point. I would have preferred to buy it from commercial vehicles dealership if I could get it serviced in Noida or South Delhi/ Faridabad.

But, have dealt with them in the past for an mobile dispensary purchase, & can confirm that they are quite prompt in getting sales converted once they are sure of the same.
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 23:25   #494
BHPian

FORCE GURKHA 2.6L 2021 TYRES AND ALLOY GUIDE
I have collated the details of tyre and alloys of the Gurkha to have this information at one place for ready reckoning of future owners/ upgrade seekers.

Alloy:
MANUFACTURER: NEO
DESIGN : KILLER
SIZE : 16X6.5
PCD : 5X160
FINISH : BM (BLACK MACHINED)

Tyres
MANUFACTURER: CZAR
MODEL: CEAT CZAR A/T 245/70 R16 TL 111S
WIDTH: 245mm
ASPECT RATIO: 70%
DIA: 16"

Center Hub Diameter of the 2021 Gurkha :108.5 mm
Center Bore of the OE Steel Wheel as well as the OE Alloy : 110 mm

Force Gurkha Review-screen-shot-20211214-10.37.02-pm.png

Force Gurkha Review-screen-shot-20211214-10.41.59-pm.png

Force Gurkha Review-20211023_141438.jpeg

Thanks to manuuj and his Asterix for getting all the data as part of their hunt.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 23:55   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hope this helps
Feedback: Big thanks. Today I called up this show room (Rohit Autowell) in North Delhi. One number was engaged. Tried another number. He responded all my queries nicely, informed that test drive/ demo car is also available. Shared the location of their showroom on whatsapp.

After 5 minutes another person from the same showroom (perhaps from the first number) called me back. He asked whether I would like to have the test drive at my place tomorrow. Perhaps they have a demo car in Delhi-NCR/ Gurgaon.

Overall, today's interaction was very good. Both of them were customer oriented, at least over the phone. Requested them to inform me for their next visit to Gurgaon.
RijuC is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks