Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 08:24   #616
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Can you share a picture with anyone seated in the child seat just for size reference? Also does this installation impact the reclining option of back seats?
I checked it both with Adult and kid. It’s mostly comfortable for Kids and not adults. My kid sat on it for 40+kms back home on it. Will share shortly pic shortly.

Yes child seat does effect reclining option. But can still recline it for couple of inches. I did check the seat remover process incase not nodded. It’s simple and only 2 screws have to be removed to unplug the child seat.
StudiousWandere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 20:33   #617
BHPian

After office, took the vehicle for a short drive 150+kms.

Lohagad is one of the nearest option we have for good test. Way to Lohagad have good elevation and lots of hair pin turns.

Do see some improvement in performance than before. But engine sound is little more than before. (I am not deep into automobiles, this was general observation)

Few issues are very frequent for us before but didn’t see them today. Hope it remains same for long term, and issues are permanently resolved. Have some long drive after few days and monitor it more.

StudiousWandere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 14:43   #618
Senior - BHPian

2022 Force Gurkha 5 Door Spied – 3rd Row Captain Seats, 6 Seater Thar Rival

Quote:
The cabin will sport a new look with six forward facing seats.
Link:- https://www.rushlane.com/2022-force-...-12424601.html .

Force Gurkha Review-2022forcegurkha5doorspiedcaptainseats21068x601.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-2022forcegurkha5doorspiedcaptainseats51068x1068.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-2022forcegurkha5doorspiedcaptainseats41068x601.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-2022forcegurkha5doorspiedcaptainseats3794x1125.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-2022forcegurkha5doorspiedcaptainseats11068x601.jpg
AdityaDeane is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 15:12   #619
Senior - BHPian

5-door Force Gurkha to be launched by November 2022.

Quote:
5-door Gurkha will have a bench in the middle and captains seats in the 3rd row (accessed via the tail gate). Which also allows for 4 captains seats, or 6 if you include the driver & co-driver.
Quote:
Also unique will be the twin locking diffs & gnarly off-road capabilities. Looks like the snorkel will be retained as part of started equipment. But could this also be offered in only RWD and made more affordable?

Maybe an automatic will be developed for 5-door Gurkha?
Force Gurkha Review-20220129_150652.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-20220129_150655.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 16:25   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Looks humongous. No bulgy and fat curves as they should be, beautiful.

Quote:
But could this also be offered in only RWD and made more affordable?
Give this, give that. There are other vehicles if you want this and that, buy those. It's a unique offering, a vehicle for people who want a rough 4*4 and not merely gadgets, also it is not some pseudo suv. Every vehicle can not give all things, there is a limit to the offering.

Quote:
Looks like the snorkel will be retained as part of started equipment.
Of course snorkel will be retained, one of the major factor why Gurkha is appealing.

Quote:
it will also rival the upcoming Jimny 5 door
Jimny ain't coming and 5 door Jimny ain't happening.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 21:35   #621

I hope they offer it without snorkel too, or make it removable (not sure if that can be done).

The Gurkha looks very stylish from the front, especially those headlights, and removing snorkel will provide us a boxy but formal looking vehicle that can be used for office and regular city driving too. A possible alternative to upcoming 5-door Thar/Scorpio/Bolero Neo Plus/Safari.
Stardust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 23:35   #622
BHPian

Yesterday I could visit USG Automobiles showroom, Jora Girja (Twin Church), Kolkata (opposite to Pratt Memorial school) alongwith my wife. We were in nearby area and called up the showroom if there is any Gurkha in display. The courteous representative confirmed the display car. We arrived at USG Force showroom after 4 pm (closure time on Saturday). However their representative was waiting for us.

It was a gorgeous red colour Gurkha, and my wife liked it instantly! The dimension (& look) of Gurkha is gigantic in comparison to our tiny hatchback.

We had to climb onto the Gurkha. The handles in front seem to be sturdy & durable for bulky occupants like us (80~90 kg).

Front seat cushioning is excellent. Seats are wide enough for both of us. However, I think shoulder could be little more wider.

Query: Whether door is too close to the right side of the seat/ driver? My shoulder was touching the door panel.

The instrument console display is purely analogue, and I have no problem with that. I liked the way the needles go full-scale and return to zero again while switching ON.

The acess to rear passenger seats was absolutely trouble free for me (6 ft height and bulky frame) and wife. Initially I was skeptical about this arrangement. But surprisingly there was no hindrance to access the rear seats. However, with driver's seat set at my suitable position, I couldn't occupy the rear seat comfortably. There was no leg room/ knee room. And the driver's seat had few more positions left.

My wife had an observation that rear seats should have been a continuous one instead of the existing individual seats. However she was happy when she occupied the rear seat. The wide angle rear side glass panels are amazing. The armrest adjustment mechanism was broken in this display vehicle.

Leg space for the front seats is adequate for tall persons. However, the steering wheel is like big Trucks. I set the steering to topmost position with fully pulled out. But the steering was still between my legs and I was not able to reach to the pedals properly.

Query: What is the proper setting for the steering for tall and XL size drivers? Any suggestion?

We are okay with the interior fit and finish. We didn't switch ON the ICE to play music/ FM, hence no comments on sound quality etc.

One of the diff lock gear was loose and was not in normal position. The showroom person was also not aware of exact operation / position of it (perhaps he was not from Gurkha team. Showroom was already closed and only 3 people were there). Hence I didn't start the engine. The showroom guy informed that if we are interested they can arrange a test drive.

Then I looked at the underbody part. I measured the ground clearance in a very crude manner (spreading all fingers) and it must be 180 mm+. Perhaps due to the gigantic dimensions of Gurkha the GC below the casing seems to be less than specified 205 mm.

The paint quality of the windscreen guard accessory is not good. It had a part about 1 inch rusted and paint was chipped off.

The rear windscreen glass panel was little misaligned in this display car.

I could see drops of oil below the gearbox area. Didn't discuss the details with the showroom person. We just touched upon the issues reported and he replied that they are resolving all such issues before delivery.

[My wife's reaction is on positive side after seeing the Red Gurkha.]
RijuC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 20:29   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousWandere View Post
Hi,
Also I asked for child seats and they were fitted in my vehicle today.
Attachment 2265721
Those are jump seats, just to be clear.

Child seat evokes images of those special seats meant for small kids, that are then fastened to the car seats.
honeybee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 16:55   #624
Senior - BHPian

Saw another video of a test mule of 5 door Gurkha:-

Old 2nd February 2022, 23:19   #625
BHPian

Some trial drive (not offroading) today, after receiving my vehicle checking few things before another long drive hopefully this weekend.

Tried complete 360 degree video today.

StudiousWandere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 14:21   #626
Senior - BHPian

5-door Force Gurkha testing continues, spotted yet again in production ready guise.

Force Gurkha Review-smartselect_20220203141732_instagram.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-smartselect_20220203141739_instagram.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-smartselect_20220203141810_instagram.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-smartselect_20220203141818_instagram.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20220203141843_Instagram.gif
Views: 1116
Size:  4.61 MB

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:43   #627
BHPian

Got some time to create an overview of recent

It was an amazing experience and comfortable with 4 Adults and 1 Kid with 16 days of luggage (Cloths, Food, Accessories, etc)

Link:

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴏꜰ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇꜱ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ:

- Most of the places around Warangal
- Kalaswaran Jyothirling

- Most of the places around Pune

- Udaipur Lakes
- Neemach mata mandir
- City palace
- Jagdish mandir
- Ganghor ghat
- Amrai ghat (maanji ka ghat)
- Sahelion ki bari
- Khumbha kala krati
- Kumbalgarh fort
- Surya Narayan temple
- Ranakpur jain temple
- Mehrangarh fort
- Jaisalmer Fort
- Gadisar Lake
- Kuladhara village view
- Sam Sand Dunes

- Suntemple, patan
- Rani Ki vav hotel
- Solar park
- Sun rise and sunset at kutch
- chobhalu point
- kala dhongri (Black Hill)
- Harappa
- Magnet point
- Aina mahal and Prag mahal at Bhuj
- Dwarka temple
- Nageshwar jyothirling
- Gopika thalav
- Boat ride - bet dwarka
- Somnath jyothirling darshan
- Gir national park safari ride
- Diu Fort
- Nagao beach
- Jetty ride from ghogha to hajira
And much more ...

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd February 2022 at 16:50. Reason: Vernacular content showed up as ineligible characters. Please use English as the only langauge.
StudiousWandere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:39   #628
Senior - BHPian

Just the other month happened to meet a 4x4 rally driver who was also on force India's Gurkha focus group before the new Gurkha was officialy launched and Force was testing feedback on the product from industry insiders and enthusiasts and he mentioned how he was disillisioned by what Force was upto in the New Gurkha. Apparently they have carried over bad habits from previous iterations where they just swap OEM vendors for every spare part like headlamps, struts, brake pads, power steering, clutch plate etc at drop of a hat. Only engine and transmission are constant and every thing else is transient and ad hoc. The rally driver was so frustrated with this that he left the focus group as soon as he came to know of this as it reflected a semi-serious attitude and severe shortage of spares for Gurkha customers of which he was potentially one. That could also be the reason why Force India doesn't give an official warranty on entire vehicle because each batch will have specific spares. And what happens if vendors stop repeat runs of these small orders, then the Gurkha owner has to fend for himself.

Is this entirely true and if so can Force Motors clarify what is the official stand on this aspect of parts.

Last edited by lurker : 3rd February 2022 at 17:40.
lurker is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 15:11   #629
BHPian

Anyone here did winter Spiti in new Gurkha this season or previous seasons? (even bs4 owners please feel free to share your suggestions)

If yes can you share some suggestions based on your experience:

- do we really need snow chains ? If yes what would be right size and preferred company with delivery availability in India. Any links for this ?
Current stock tyre size: 245/70 R16

- Any suggestions for Traction boards and links with availability in India?
I checked with Maxtrax, they assured to deliver to India and share quotation. But did not hear back again from them yet after few follow ups.

- I was doing some research on Cold Start kit. I spoke to my local contact in FC and he confirmed it’s not required for New Gurkha as Heater plug already fitted. Can someone confirm if this helps in -20 to -30 degrees and would have no issues to start?

- also thinking of some changes in tyre.
Current: 245/70 R16
Expected: 255 75 16
Any suggestions on this. What would be preferred tyre size without much effecting Mileage and Stability of the vehicle?
I spoke to FC contact and he suggested not to make any changes to tyre as it may have side effects. Any advice on this if anyone tried other options? Right tyre size, company, model ?
Old 4th February 2022, 15:54   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
5-door Force Gurkha testing continues, spotted yet again in production ready guise.
I hope this is a 4*2 taxi version (Judo/Gama/Trax), and not the real stuff. The front, especially the headlights killed the desi G Wagon essence of Gurkha.

If this is indeed a Gurkha, Force Motors did a huge blunder by changing the front looks IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks