Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 08:33   #601
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalifatte View Post
Hi which showroom did you take the test drive from in Mumbai. I want to test drive the vehicle but I guess the closest showroom is outside the city limits.
I took the test drives from Mahalaxmi Showroom Pune. Test vehicle actually came couple of months after the original release date. I followup of multiple times with sales people.

I see this pune folks also go to Lonavala and even Goa to give test drives to perspective customers.

Get in touch with number Sarika: 99229 12619 and ask for test drive. Hope she could help you with nearby dealer.
StudiousWandere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 09:41   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
Just came across this video and like a couple of others have pointed out, looks like this is a R&D disaster.

Take a look at the video, it's a lengthy one but summarized in the last 5 minutes as well.

The company has replaced his vehicle, but sadly the second vehicle is also a problematic one. He also accuses the company of manipulating things and lying, not sure how far this will go. Hope they are able to sort this out soon.
Force motors is a joke! Not adhering to basics like proper wheel alignment prior to delivery speaks of zero PDI at the dealer end and zero QC at the factory before dispatch.
You supply alloy wheels (rather force people to buy) and then give a unpainted spacer hub to the customer to mount his spare and then ask him to get it painted? I guess these folks are still in the Ambassador era.
The worst is supplying a wrong insurance policy to the customer with the wrong vehicle details entered. This is criminal by force motors, had the customer met with an accident, he would have got zilch from the insurance company.
I guess they should just stick to being ancillary makers and stop pretending to make vehicles.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:30   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
My 3 liter Fortuner returned 11 kmpl in city and 13 to 14 was usual for highways. My 3.2 liter Endeavour returns similar figures. Except on the highway it returns around 12 to 13 kmpl. FM claims 10 to 12 kmpl but i haven't seen those kind of figures in 1800 kms of use. Have spoken to many 2021 Gurkha owners and they have a similar story.
We have all been told that the FE will improve after 1st Service. I don't quite understand the logic behind that but will wait and see.

Yes bro i too feel that extensive testing should have highlighted these issues.
As far as TPMS goes it is absolutely worthless. I have TPMS on my Endeavour as well. Works perfect from day one and incredibly accurate. I honestly do not know of even ONE Gurkha owner whose TPMS is working correctly.

I would have been happy with 10 kmpl in the city and 12 on the highway. My drive from Mandi to Delhi had me driving downhill from for 30% of my journey and the FE was 9.8 kmpl then. Post that its never crossed 9 kmpl. I am actually being a bit generous when i said its average is 9 kmpl.

Will be checking this today as well when i do a refill.
You need to check for the gear ratios. The 2.6 liter engine with only 84bhp and 250nm of torque will never be able to propel you at highway speeds (100/120kmph) without some seriously short gearing. If your final ratios in the 4th/5th gear are short the fuel economy will suffer, if your 5th gear is an overdrive, your drivability will be affected (you will need to downshift on every small incline). Remember heavy vehicles need to have higher torque for decent acceleration and good top end, with only 250nm to propel 2.2 tons of weight, the torque per ton is s miserable 113 nm per ton, compared to a decent 170 nm per ton for a marginally well powered suv.
For the kind of bodyweight, the non aerodynamic body shape and the poor power and torque figures, the car is doing well to return 9kpl.
The Gurkha has been designed as a mud plugging offroader, it's never made to be a long distance cruiser and neither does force claim that. For a mud plugger a short gear ratio is imperative

Last edited by AirbusCapt : 22nd January 2022 at 16:35.
AirbusCapt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 22:14   #604
BHPian

Was looking at the Auto expo pictures of Gurkha and found the presence of 2 rear jump seats. I can see its removed from the final version, but is this something which can be added as a additional accessory? Will be helpful for short runs with 4 adults and 2 kids
Name:  8_2.JPG
Views: 1743
Size:  49.1 KB

Last edited by msk_kapoor : 22nd January 2022 at 22:16.
msk_kapoor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 22:45   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Was looking at the Auto expo pictures of Gurkha and found the presence of 2 rear jump seats. I can see its removed from the final version, but is this something which can be added as a additional accessory? Will be helpful for short runs with 4 adults and 2 kids
Attachment 2263742
These two are affectionately called ‘baby seats’ and are available as official accessory in the accessories brochure. Haven’t seen them on any Gurkha yet. But dealer should be able to source as it features in the official accessory brochure.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:06   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Force motors is a joke! Not adhering to basics like proper wheel alignment prior to delivery speaks of zero PDI at the dealer end and zero QC at the factory before dispatch.
You supply alloy wheels (rather force people to buy) and then give a unpainted spacer hub to the customer to mount his spare and then ask him to get it painted? I guess these folks are still in the Ambassador era.
The worst is supplying a wrong insurance policy to the customer with the wrong vehicle details entered. This is criminal by force motors, had the customer met with an accident, he would have got zilch from the insurance company.
I guess they should just stick to being ancillary makers and stop pretending to make vehicles.
*Testing*
I completely agree the testing at manufacturing was pathetic and PDI is just a joke, as I have proved it, there was no PDI done on my vehicle during my recent discussion I had with FM.

*Insurance*
I do have a wrong insurance policy and have been chasing with both dealer and insurance agency from many days. I hope insurance is mandatory for even RC right ? So even RC is issued with wrong documents? Does anyone know how this can be fixed in original insurance ? I do not want a wrong insurance with one liner added at bottom with new changes. I am looking for a legal options here, as this is criminal negligence and would be difficult to claim for any unfortunate situations.

*Mileage*
In my recent long travel I had a mileage of 10.37 mileage for normal diesel and around 11.3 with Shell power.

Others please help to correct me:
- I could drive closer to 110kms/hr in my vehicle with 4 adults + 1 kid, full luggage and roof top tent.
- But now on other gurkha I have now while driving solo and no load, I am not comfortable above 100kms/hr. Feel some instability on steering.
So does the load plays a role in stability ? Or I am I missing something here ?

Quote:
Attachment 2263742
Though it is mentioned in official accessories, dealers have no clue about it. I did check about this multiple times before delivery, and even after delivery.
I was told by my dealer these seats are also available in market and can be purchased from outside.

Is it legal to use couple of extra child seats on a vehicle registered as 4 seater and the same is mentioned on RC ? Does adding extra seats now create any issues with police on road ?
StudiousWandere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 09:36   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousWandere View Post
Others please help to correct me:
- I could drive closer to 110kms/hr in my vehicle with 4 adults + 1 kid, full luggage and roof top tent.
- But now on other gurkha I have now while driving solo and no load, I am not comfortable above 100kms/hr. Feel some instability on steering.
So does the load plays a role in stability ? Or I am I missing something here ?

Is it legal to use couple of extra child seats on a vehicle registered as 4 seater and the same is mentioned on RC ? Does adding extra seats now create any issues with police on road ?
Most likely down to wheel balancing or incorrectly torqued lug nuts on the wheels, nevertheless if it's a loaner drive slowly, never know how it's been maintained.

Legal? Nope.

But for the size of the vehicle cops won't bother if there are two kids seated on child seats.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 12:39   #608
Senior - BHPian

The upcoming 5-door Force Gurkha has been rendered in different colours.

Force Gurkha Review-fb_img_1643008070248.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-fb_img_1643008063435.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-fb_img_1643008065837.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-fb_img_1643008072505.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-fb_img_1643008076276.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-fb_img_1643008067990.jpg

Source : Rushlane

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th January 2022 at 12:42.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 15:31   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2263742
It is available for Rs.9500/-. Some dealers have it ready or it can be supplied on order as well. This information was shared with me by fellow Gurkha owner Manu Bhargava who isn't a member of TeamBhp yet so cannot post here.

Force Gurkha Review-img20220124wa0014.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 02:33   #610
BHPian

Found this recent video on Gurkha. There was an interesting reference in this video around 4.30 about an accident of Gurkha and how the hard top protected during a roll over. I was having this constant doubt on back of my mind till now on the sturdiness of the hard top and this clarified it. Rest of the video is regular pointers already discussed umpteen number of times.
msk_kapoor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 13:12   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The upcoming 5-door Force Gurkha has been rendered in different colours.
Quite frankly, I am underwhelmed. The on-road test subject photos looked so much better. The "artist" at Rushlane has not done a good job at giving it Gurkha's USP look with imposing height and protruding wheels.
Old 25th January 2022, 14:35   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you order and get the OEM seats fixed by your dealer, and then endorse the 2 extra seats on the vehicle RC through the Vahan Portal? I have seen the option to modify the vehicle's seating etc. in their online portal. Do try that, or try visiting your local RTO for this before you order them at all, as to find out if they will endorse those extra OEM seats in your vehicle or not, if you get them fixed by the OEM.

I am sure something can be worked out, as they are not road side accessories, but genuine OEM seats which would have been used while testing the vehicle and at ARAI also during homologation.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 20:41   #613
BHPian

Hi,

An update on my vehicle. I received it back after 12-13 days today.

Except rusting I feel most of the issues are fixed. I see they have tested the vehicle thoroughly for around 400+kms before giving it to me.

Also I did test drive for over 30-40kms checking all the functionality like we do for new vehicle. I do see an improvement in overall performance. Will share again when I so few long drives and monitor it for more days.

Also I asked for child seats and they were fitted in my vehicle today.
Force Gurkha Review-403d4f6f8f614b52ad0a473542953260.jpeg
StudiousWandere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 23:33   #614
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

Happy to report that my Island Gurkha was delivered and has been merrily chasing sunsets through trails here in the Andamans.

The All New BSVI Force Gurkha 4x4 is the first and only one in the islands. Long story, the ownership review should be up shortly.

I'll leave you with a teaser. Thanks!

Force Gurkha Review-img_1149-3.jpg
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 23:54   #615
BHPian

Quote:

Also I asked for child seats and they were fitted in my vehicle today.
Good to see that you got your vehicle back.hope it will be a issue free experience going forward. Can you share a picture with anyone seated in the child seat just for size reference? Also does this installation impact the reclining option of back seats?
msk_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks