Views: 1490
Size:  65.1 KB

Indians and there love for chrome

Looks Hideous!!
AtheK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:38   #767
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

And we had to endure the overdose of ugly chrome all over that otherwise handsome looking car .
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-20211020_122109.jpg  

Col Mehta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:19   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
And we had to endure the overdose of ugly chrome all over that otherwise handsome looking car .
Looks like we visited the same showroom in Lajpat Nagar
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:31   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Looks like we visited the same showroom in Lajpat Nagar
Yes, thanks to you other kind members for guiding us to this dealership for CVT TD .
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:49   #770
Senior - BHPian

The chrome embellishments from MG are quite hideous because of quantity than quality principle they follow. Saw a white Glister few day ago & feel that the overdone chrome was tasteless & made it look quite ugly for the aspirational prestige class buyers.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 22nd October 2021 at 23:50. Reason: Spelling Correction
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:53   #771
BHPian

Astor turning radius is around 5.6+ m, Please ensure that it fits in your parking lot. This is not so evident during the very short test drives on the main road.
drivingmelody is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:45   #772
BHPian

To everybody going on about chrome - brands provide what customers demand. We Indians in have an obsession with chrome and embellishments in general. Not just in cars but in general. Personally I find it ghastly but given the number of cars which sport it, clearly there’s a huge demand for it. I have similar feelings about leather seats for our climate - I’d even pay extra to be able to get a higher/top end version with fabric seats but I know I’m a ridiculous minority. And if manufacturers don’t provide it, you can bet there’ll be a thousand aftermarket guys who will. So cos figure they may as well be the ones to make money off it. All those ‘Morris Garages’ badges and chrome bits are (mostly) extras which are paid for. Be glad they’re optional unlike faux leather seats which I’m stuck with.
RT13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 15:14   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
We Indians in have an obsession with chrome and embellishments in general. Not just in cars but in general. Personally I find it ghastly but given the number of cars which sport it, clearly there’s a huge demand for it.
Speaking of ghastly, I think I just came across the most ghastly version of the Astor on YT. Fine example of what not to do to your car:

nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:03   #774
BHPian

Has anyone inquired about getting insurance from outside? As rates quoted by MG are on higher side. A quick check online gives a quote of ~40K for Savvy Turbo variant with maximum IDV. Whereas, dealer has shared quote of ~65k in price breakup. That's 25K difference!

Last time we visited, SA told me that if we take insurance from outside, MG dealership will not help in insurance claim process.

If anyone has any inputs on how to deal with such tactics of dealers, please share views.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 23rd October 2021 at 16:10. Reason: Additional information added
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:16   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
If anyone has any inputs on how to deal with such tactics of dealers, please share views.
A typical technique to fleece the customer. Doesn't matter where you take insurance from, if the service centre is an authorised garage under the insurance companies list, they will have to get it done irrespective.

- If they don't agree, raise it to the GM or Dealership manager. There is no rule which tells that you can't buy a car if you don't buy insurance.
- If they don't agree, just walk away and buy it from another dealership, making it clear that they need to match the insurance quote or just let you by it from outside.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:37   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Has anyone inquired about getting insurance from outside? As rates quoted by MG are on higher side. A quick check online gives a quote of ~40K for Savvy Turbo variant with maximum IDV. Whereas, dealer has shared quote of ~65k in price breakup. That's 25K difference!

Last time we visited, SA told me that if we take insurance from outside, MG dealership will not help in insurance claim process.

In our case, we made it clear from day 1 that we would get the quotes from insurance companies and MG would either match the number or we can get it from outside. No objections created.

This is MG Moti Nagar, New Delhi.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 21:50   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
To everybody going on about chrome - brands provide what customers demand. We Indians in have an obsession with chrome and embellishments in general.
Not only Indians. You can find chrome on entry level luxury cars like Mercedes or BMW etc. also.
I personally find chrome if tastefully done to enhance the premiumness of the car.
A big part of the visual appeal of Astor is the chrome - plated front grill!

Last edited by neeraj0272 : 23rd October 2021 at 21:58. Reason: Last Line added
Old 24th October 2021, 08:25   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Not only Indians. You can find chrome on entry level luxury cars like Mercedes or BMW etc. also.
I personally find chrome if tastefully done to enhance the premiumness of the car.
A big part of the visual appeal of Astor is the chrome - plated front grill!
I agree. The Astor doesn't have a lot of chrome that way. Just those studs on the grille. The frame itself is more of a matt brushed metal effect which looks good overall.

I'm almost sold on the Astor after multiple test drives. The only thing I've realised is the Kushaq 1.0 sounds like a more willing fun companion and that's making me think a little.
Old 24th October 2021, 08:59   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingmelody View Post
Astor turning radius is around 5.6+ m, Please ensure that it fits in your parking lot. This is not so evident during the very short test drives on the main road.
I read somewhere it was 5.2M.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 10:06   #780
BHPian

Finally a good, detailed drive video about the Astor CVT:

nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks