Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 14:09   #1621

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Does anyone else feel like that sporty engine sound when you put your foot down is slightly artificial? As if they're playing it via the speakers artificially?

The sound even continues when you take your foot off the accelerator and slowly simmers down. Almost like it isn't connected to my accelerator inputs. The tempo seems pretty artificial too.

What's even more weird is that at normal RPM's the engine has literally no sound whatsoever. Almost feels like you're driving an electric car.
The sporty engine sound you are referring too sounds like the turbo whine. It would come up only past ~2000 RPM and would slowly die down with RPM going down when you release the accelerator.
0raZe0 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 18:35   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityskody View Post
Took delivery of my 1.0 AT Lava Blue Slavia on Wednesday. Got delayed a bit due to some audit happening at the showroom. Got the pooja done yesterday and went to Tyre Professionals and got the stock Alnac 4G tires swapped to Conti UC6. The car is now with Esperto for ceramic coating. Overall, very happy with the colour though performance wise I don't see any difference between my current Honda City, except for the automatic gearbox.
I was at Esperto today to address some issue with the work done , I think I saw your car parked outside.
Old 8th September 2023, 18:37   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I was at Esperto today to address some issue with the work done, I think I saw your car parked outside.
Yes, I believe they just started working on it
cityskody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 22:19   #1624
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure how but off late the FE has improved by a good amount in my office commute. Earlier I would manage to just reach the 10kmpl mark in moderate traffic and 8-9 in dense traffic but it has now crossed 10kmpl and I am easily able to get upto 12kmpl if I use Eco mode in the race chip. Without that it's still crossing 10.5-11. The only change I did off late is to change the throttle response to direct compared to delayed. Rest is all the same.
Skoda Slavia Review-img_8925.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8882.jpeg

I was awaiting the fuel pump recall but got to know there is a recall for user manual change. Not sure why my car isn't a part of the fuel pump update campaign, nor was it a part of AC service update. Only driver side window update and A pillar sealant campaigns were done earlier.

Last edited by audioholic : 8th September 2023 at 22:21.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 23:35   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0raZe0 View Post
The sporty engine sound you are referring too sounds like the turbo whine. It would come up only past ~2000 RPM and would slowly die down with RPM going down when you release the accelerator.
It still isn't a natural turbo sound. I tested it multiple times and now I am somewhat certain, it is artificially playing through the speakers.

I've seen some BMW's do this as well. They artificially play a sound via the speakers just to make it more appealing.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:23   #1626

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-lb-edition-aug-2023.jpg

Finally got to spend some time on road with this beauty! covered only a little over 200kms in the first week, thanks to incessant rains in Hyd.

The above image is during the installation of Edition kit at the dealership.
As it was only a showroom, had to wait couple of days for the technician from their service center who installed all the accessories in the kit.
  1. Chrome elements on the front, doors and boot came with a tape and pretty simple process to stick them in the designated areas
  2. Edition badging on B-pillars are chrome too and the one on steering wheel is rubber/silicone material
  3. Black cushions with Edition label instead of Skoda on the standard accessories
  4. Puddle lamps, they just project 'SKODA' on the ground when you open the door with ignition on. The installation for this was the most time consuming. They removed all the front door trims, drilled a hole on the bottom of plastic trim where the lamp will be housed. It was painful to watch that on a new car
  5. SS Foot pedals - I'm yet to receive them, might take couple of more days
Apart from the 10" screen everything else is installed at the dealership only, either before or after delivery depending on your preference.

Coming to the initial experience, I don't need to validate the smoothness of the engine and gearbox. However I'm still adapting to the fact that I'm driving an automatic now and my left foot feels restless

Gearbox
D/S are almost perfect except for crawling traffic. I'm still coming to terms with using the manual mode and paddles. When I tried the manual mode initially in slow moving traffic, it wasn't moving to M2 no matter what(tried Triptronic and the paddles). I was worried for a while if something was wrong with my car. But with some research I learnt that even in the manual mode, there is a certain rpm range where you can upshift/downshift and dsg wouldn't budge unless you do the shift in that range. Clever indeed! Today, I observed that I can move from M1>M2 after crossing 20kmph(roughly 3000 rpm i guess). That's when I realized manual mode will be useful if you want more power than what S mode offers.
Another thing I observed when going up on slightly inclined road, it deliberately holds on to lower gear a little longer than it usually does on a normal road. I guess this is to provide enough torque but you can hear the engine growl.

Breaks
At slower speeds it works as expected, a gentle press and it slows down smoothly. But when you're braking from mid-high speeds it feels jerky and stops all of a sudden. Not sure if it is me still not used to the biting point, or the discs being new need some time to work normally. Let me know if it gets better with time or if I'm missing anything here.

Answering Calls
Not sure if it was on this thread or some other one, but I saw users were complaining that we have no steering mounted control to answer/end the calls. But you can actually do it with scroll wheel on the right of steering. You can actually select between the options - Answer/Ignore/End by scrolling. But for this I think you have to first enable the Phone option(a checkbox within the MID settings).

And I almost had a scratch on the windscreen. The stock wiper blades are housed in a metal frame and while cleaning them in the morning, they moved around and the metal housing was in contact with the glass. Luckily I didn't find any major scratches for now, will have to confirm in the daylight. Does any one have suggestions for upgrading the wiper blades? probably to frame less ones?
MaverickKT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:22   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickKT View Post

The above image is during the installation of Edition kit at the dealership.
As it was only a showroom, had to wait couple of days for the technician from their service center who installed all the accessories in the kit.
Slavia looks gorgeous in Lava Blue. Congratulations

Did you get the subwoofer and the amplier too? Was the same installed at the dealership?
Old 10th September 2023, 00:03   #1628

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Did you get the subwoofer and the amplier too? Was the same installed at the dealership?
Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, as per my sales exec there is no longer a subwoofer being offered with LB Editions. Only Kushaq Monte Carlo is getting it.

However, seeing the trend I guess they might launch another special edition during the festive season and might add a Monte Carlo badge with subwoofer😆
MaverickKT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 09:06   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickKT View Post
Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, as per my sales exec there is no longer a subwoofer being offered with LB Editions. Only Kushaq Monte Carlo is getting it.

However, seeing the trend I guess they might launch another special edition during the festive season and might add a Monte Carlo badge with subwoofer😆
Thanks for the clarity. I have already written a mail to Skoda on this.

I am surprised they have still not launched the Monte Carlo edition on the Slavia. It will look droolworthy

When did you book the lava blue edition if I may ask?

I had booked mine on 13 Aug and due to the plant being shut due to maintenance from 3 Sep to 23 Sep, the delivery is delayed. I guess it will only be mid Oct now.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 09:19   #1630
BHPian

On her first cross country trip. Just did Greater Noida to Mumbai. What a car! More to come once I am back in NCR, after some 3500 KMs.

Just after Jaipur, took the new Delhi-Mumbai expressway. It just flew.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6266.jpeg

Himmatnagar, Gujurat:

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6291.jpeg

After reaching home @ Mumbai:

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6316.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_6315.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 09:23   #1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
When did you book the lava blue edition if I may ask?

I had booked mine on 13 Aug and due to the plant being shut due to maintenance from 3 Sep to 23 Sep, the delivery is delayed. I guess it will only be mid Oct now.
I had booked it on 7th Aug and got the allocation on 16th Aug.
MaverickKT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 23:00   #1632

Skoda Slavia Style 1.5 MT 1 year user experience

ODO :9600 kms

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230727214141.jpg

Our first car was Rapid 1.6 Mpi which was bought in 2019, which we actually bought out of an impulsive decision. I really enjoyed driving it, the engine was medicore but the driving experience was great. I had plans to get an Octavia but the price of Octavia skyrocketed with the launch of new gen Octavia and was way out of the budget.

I was waiting for the launch of Slavia as it was the car which ticked almost all the boxes in my checklist. Booked the car in April 2022 in Carbon Steel Grey from Malayalam motors Trivandrum, Kerala. But unfortunately, the dealership was closed down before the delivery of the car. I was in need of the car before September, the sales executive gave us contacts of EVM motors Ernakulam and tried to get a car allotted as early as possible. It was the time Skoda removed the 10-inch entertainment and subwoofer from the lineup. The EVM motors told me that they can try to arrange a car before September but they can’t get one in Carbon Steel grey. I was a bit disappointed as I am not getting the colour of my choice and missing out the wireless android auto.

Then one fine morning hardly a week after I changed my booking to EVM, they called me and asked whether I am interested in a white one with 10-inch infotainment system as someone cancelled their booking, but there is a catch the car is now in Ernakulam but it was initially unloaded at Kannur and was bought there by driving. My thoughts were like should I get that one or should I wait and try my luck, whether I should get a car which might be rashly driven in the initial 250 kms. I called them up and told them I am interested but I will pay only after I see the car in the yard, they agreed. I went to see the car after a week in their yard, checked it thoroughly for anything suspicious, checked whether their story of the car matched the kms driven and the date of manufacture. Found everything to be believable and paid the advance amount and then informed bank to release the payment. Took a number of my choice and then took the car home.

Ever since I was sure about the colour of the car, I was asking quotations from different detailers in Trivandrum for Dechroming and wrapping the roof in black. I got a nice deal from Autowize Detailers Trivandrum and finalised the deal even before the delivery of the car. Took the car next day after delivery to the detailers and they did a wonderful job of dechroming it and wrapping the roof in black and did a graphene coating for 3 years.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_20230910_113130.jpg

Things I love

1.The engine and gearbox combo. there are no words to describe it’s really awesome. There is a bit of turbo lag which I experience in full load but its manageable. The usage is mainly limited to city so most of the times I can’t enjoy its real power. This car is made for the highways. Yet to do a long highway trip , probably will do it next week .
2.Headlights. Coming from the candle lights of rapid this is huge upgrade for me these ones look good and illuminates the road well but on rainy weather I found it a little bit weak

Things I am ok with

1.Fuel efficiency: I usually get a full tank of fuel when the DTE is around 120 kms. Used only XP95 till date. I am getting average of 10.5-11.5 kmpl in tank-to-tank method. This is mainly because I drive with a heavy right foot and my commute is during peak city traffic hours. The best I got was around 17 kmpl for a trip of 250kms at night.

Things I hate

1.Poor Ac performance. It really suffers from poor ac when there are 4/5 passengers, my rapid used to give decent cooling but Slavia fails miserable in that. In rapid I used to set the temperature around 23 and leave it as such in auto mode, but in Slavia I always put it in 21 if there is no one at back and at 19 if there are passengers in back
2.Rattling sounds from dashboard. Its really annoying that there are rattling sounds from a car which is hardly a year of age, I don’t know how it will stand the test of time. The rattling increases if the car is parked in the sunlight for a long period of time.
3.Cost cutting: I don’t know why Skoda choose to do so many cost cuttings, at least they should have included the features that were present in rapid
a. Height adjustable seatbelts
b. One touch up and down for all windows. I really wonder why they cut this feature in Slavia, only driver side have this and that was also buggy and got resolved now after the first service

Acessories installed

1.Underhood insulation : I have done it mainly to reduce the bonnet heat as it tends to get very hot quickly , now its resolved

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230910164723.jpg

2.Rear sunblind : Got it installed during my first service , I think the part is a little bit small for the rear glass , but it looks good when viewed from outside

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230804140446.jpg

3.Bosch Frameless wipers : The stock wipers on the car was really bad and started to leave streaks so changed them to Bosch Clear advantage 26’ and 18’ and they work nicely now

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230525wa0031.jpg

4.Dechroming and wrapping the roof black . This is one of the things which I love , it really changed the looks of the car , I found it more appealing.

Skoda Slavia Review-1min.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-img20230414110811min.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-2min.jpg
dr.jjp is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 00:33   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jjp View Post
1.Poor Ac performance. It really suffers from poor ac when there are 4/5 passengers, my rapid used to give decent cooling but Slavia fails miserable in that. In rapid I used to set the temperature around 23 and leave it as such in auto mode, but in Slavia I always put it in 21 if there is no one at back and at 19 if there are passengers in back
Does setting it to 19 cools cabin and feel adequate while having 4/5 passengers?

PS: After dechroming, she looks beautiful than before.
Old 11th September 2023, 10:03   #1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
Does setting it to 19 cools cabin and feel adequate while having 4/5 passengers?

Yes setting it to 19 cools the cabin adequately but it takes a little bit more time than my liking .
Old 11th September 2023, 11:19   #1635
BHPian

Can someone with the 10 inch infotainment share the default 5Ghz Wifi band that is being used by Wireless Android auto ?
Any wifi analyzing app should show this below (like Wifi Analyser)
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot_2023091111161549_45fc3c5bc27616318c91498dc0f3f6f7.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks