Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 19:16   #1516
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Hey guys, I am on the verge of booking a slavia. Just have 1 final concern. The dealer quoted me 2 cars. One style 1.5 AT and another style 1.5 AT (OB).

He said that some emission norms came out and they have a month until they can register the older emission vehicle. So they're calling it OB and he said it is no different from the new ones other than some petrol emission compliance.

However, they're offering juicy discounts of close to 1 lac on the OBD1 model. Shall I go for that one or do I get the most latest OBD2 one?
It's not just the emission norms, these were certified as E20 fuel compatible on the newer ones. Now I'm not sure if they were always compatible and it was just that they had to add a E20 sticker under the fuel cap or if there were real material upgrades on the newer ones.
Just to add I went for the 1.5 OBD2 one when I got the Virtus as it's very difficult to know this without insider knowledge and didn't want to take any risks with the ever changing govt norms on fuels etc.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 20:53   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, I am on the verge of booking a slavia. Just have 1 final concern. The dealer quoted me 2 cars. One style 1.5 AT and another style 1.5 AT (OB).

He said that some emission norms came out and they have a month until they can register the older emission vehicle. So they're calling it OB and he said it is no different from the new ones other than some petrol emission compliance.

However, they're offering juicy discounts of close to 1 lac on the OBD1 model. Shall I go for that one or do I get the most latest OBD2 one?

In Chennai, Skoda is offering minimum 1.1 lakh discount (corporate/loyalty 60K + cash 50K) on manual. With more bargaining, discount can reach 1.7 lakhs. There will be more discounts in Nov-Dec..
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 22:00   #1518
BHPian

Quote:

I spoke to the sales consultant. He informed me that all the cars manufactured Apr 2023 onwards are OBD2.

I would suggest stick to getting one manufactured post Apr. Hoping they would sort all the niggles reported in this forum in the recent batches.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:14   #1519
BHPian

Hi Guys,

In the run up to the delivery of the Slavia 1.5 that I have booked last week, I wanted to know if anyone has faced any major issues related to the car or the service centre especially of the cars manufactured this year.

This will be my first Skoda and as much as I am excited for the same, I am also a bit nervous about the niggles reported by owners and their service experience in the last few years. I do know that the negative biases get maginfied multiple times and the good experiences are sparsely reported, but it would be nice to hear from guys who have got recent batches of slavia i.e. 2023 manufactured and how their experience has been so far.

Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2023, 15:47   #1520

4-month, 7500km Update on My Slavia

I have done a few road trips in the car now, across every imaginable weather and road conditions, and the car has not faltered even once.

Performance:
I have the 1.5 DSG, and this car has some serious appetite for miles. Every time I drive it, the performance just blows me away. On foot-down, the pull from the engine is linear and it doesn’t stop pulling.

I’ve had multiple opportunities to drive on the Delhi-Dausa stretch of the Delhi-Mumbai expressway, and even when fully loaded, the car is just effortless at cruising between 100-120 kmph.

I’ve gotten used to cruise control and now use it quite generously, and it shows in the economy of the car. I’m usually able to extract 2-2.5 kmpl more than when I drive (talk about a heavy foot).

Handling:
I also took the car to the mountains, and the car is just a treat to drive on the twisties. The steering, though lacking feel, is quite direct and predictable; the brakes are sharp, and acceleration is brisk. All these elements help your confidence in driving and enjoying the car better.

In fact, what I’ve realized is that the car is a lot more capable than my ability to push it. Whatever I’ve thrown at it, it delivers without ever showing a sign of stress.

Comfort:
The seats in this car are quite underrated, and I really think these are one of the better seats to spend your day driving in. The seats themselves are very ideally shaped, and because of their and the steering's wide range of adjustability, it is very easy for anyone to get into a comfortable driving position.

One feature that I did not expect to stand out was ventilated seats, and I have been absolutely loving and using it extensively during almost all of my drives.

Till now, there have been no rattling sounds from the interiors (fingers crossed).
I also love the calibration of the auto headlamps and wipers. I used to think it's a gimmick, but this entire rainy season I’ve never had to manually use the wipers, and the issue of figuring out the ideal wiper speed in uneven rainfall has just ceased to exist.

Few things I’d have liked better in the car:
* LED turn signals and fog lamps (halogen bulbs just look cheap now)
* More utility from the digital instrument cluster (we all know most new VAG products can display maps and other info there, so why not these?)
* TPMS that actually shows tire pressure instead of a low-pressure warning.

Other Updates:
I’ve been using 95-octane fuel for the car almost exclusively, and the lifetime economy figures are as follows:

City: 10 kmpl
Highway: 16 kmpl
Mountains: 12 kmpl

In the city, I use auto stop-start, and unlike a lot of you, I haven't turned it off. Surprisingly, it has worked quite predictably and consistently for me.

All in all, this car makes an excellent tourer, and it has made my ownership experience quite joyful. It's fairly efficient, supremely capable, you can fit your entire house in the boot with space left, and the ground clearance gives you confidence to never worry about the roads (or lack thereof) where you’re going.

Attaching a few images for your viewing pleasure

Skoda Slavia Review-20230603_071411.jpg

Rest stop on Delhi mumbai expressway

Skoda Slavia Review-20230611_093724.jpg

Cooling tower, somewhere in Rajasthan

Skoda Slavia Review-20230702_103455.jpg

Somewhere between Massourie and Dehradun

Skoda Slavia Review-20230713_120729.jpg
Near empty stretch of Del-Mum expressway between Dausa to Sawai Madhopur

Skoda Slavia Review-20230702_112004.jpg

Outskirts of Dehradun

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2023 at 19:29. Reason: Rule #11
Icecuube is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 15:51   #1521
BHPian

Quote:

UPDATE. My rep at skoda is offering 1.65 lac discount (including exchange bonus) on Style 1.5 AT - OBD1. However he is offering only 60k exchange bonus on OBD2.

Should I shop around more?
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:06   #1522

Quote:
UPDATE. My rep at skoda is offering 1.65 lac discount (including exchange bonus) on Style 1.5 AT - OBD1. However he is offering only 60k exchange bonus on OBD2.

I've booked Slavia in Faridabad and I've received a good discount for 1.0 TSI AT OBD2. If you want I can share the number of my sales rep and you can discuss it with her.
bluebook is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:18   #1523
BHPian

Quote:

No harm in shopping around but do ensure your car is manufactured not Before March 2023, I picked up 1.5 AT in June & it was a March manufactured but OBD2 complaint. while the discount on OBD1 sounds tempting like others have already suggested its best to take up the latest offering. It's been less than 3 months but touchwood so far haven't faced any issue like AC , Power windows etc
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:24   #1524
BHPian

Quote:

Yes. No harm in shopping around. You can always tell them about the fact that dealer insurance is expensive and ask them to either let you take insurance from outside or atleast match the price you get from outside. This way you will easily get a discount close to 1.5 lacs.
AlokSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:56   #1525
BHPian

I have booked a Slavia 1.5 DSG Lava Blue Edition after a lot of due diligence including an excel sheet-based granular comparison with Virtus GT Plus. On top of the standard style 1.5DSG variant it's supposed to have:
1. Return of the 10.25 inch display with wireless Apple carplay/Android auto
2. 8 speaker system with the subwoofer (return of the OG one or a different system, I do not have an idea)
3. Chrome garnish on the front grill, on the doors and trunk
4. Puddle lamps with Skoda logo projection
5. Edition badging on the B pillar, steering and complimentary cushions
6. Stainless steel cover on the foot pedals
The 1.5TSI badge on the trunk would now be standard for all 1.5DSG models.

Did anyone on this forum get a delivery of this edition with the above-mentioned features recently? If yes, did the subwoofer and puddle lamps come factory fitted or were fitted in the workshop of the dealer?

Last edited by Wohroy : 23rd August 2023 at 15:23.
Wohroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 20:21   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
It's Dr Auto itself. Get a quote from other dealership and tell him that you are getting around 1.5 lacs as discount. I have booked through them 7-8 days back.
But I was also given a similar 70-80 k discount at the onset. But then I went to some other dealers for window shopping and was quoted slightly higher discount.

Sorry for asking but does this Lava Blue edition you booked will come with the 10-inch system, amp, subwoofer and all the other 'goodies' of the edition? I bargained really hard but did not get more than 40k in Mumbai! I bargained with them with a quotation of Virtus GT Plus for which I had a 1.2L discount already. But they did not budge on this "limited" edition.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd August 2023 at 21:04. Reason: Fixing quoted text, please do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 22:10   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Sorry for asking but does this Lava Blue edition you booked will come with the 10-inch system, amp, subwoofer and all the other 'goodies' of the edition? I bargained really hard but did not get more than 40k in Mumbai! I bargained with them with a quotation of Virtus GT Plus for which I had a 1.2L discount already. But they did not budge on this "limited" edition.
Hi,

So I will be asking my SC at Skoda about the lava blue edition goodies in detail tomorrow especially about it being factory fitted at the dealer. I would be disappointed a bit if it's the dealer fitted accesoriy as I was told that Lava Blue edition already comes with these additional features as a model. So one would ideally expect it to be factory fitted.

Regarding the discount, as I mentioned in my earlier post that I gave him a clear indication that I will be booking a Slavia within a week and told him about how I was getting a much better deal elsewhere. He got back to me saying that he would try his best to get a better deal than what I have. I landed at the dealership on a Sunday and booked the car. Initially I had booked the 1.5 manual but decided to shift to dsg the next day and informed the SC about the same and it was done.
Old 24th August 2023, 11:12   #1528
BHPian

I have checked with my SC and I was told that Lava Blue edition comes with the below features

1)10.25 inch display with wireless Apple carplay/Android auto
2)8 speaker system with the subwoofer and amp
3)Chrome garnish on the front grill, on the doors and trunk
4)Puddle lamps with Skoda logo projection
5)Edition badging on the B pillar, steering and complimentary cushions
6)Stainless steel cover on the foot pedals

All these above additional features in the Lava Blue edition are factory fitted.
Old 24th August 2023, 11:54   #1529

Hello,

I visited Raja Skoda, KR Puram, Bengaluru, to check out Skoda Slavia and got to know that the 'Lava Blue Edition' is now also available with the 'Style 1.0' variant. The same is also now updated in the price list section of the official Skoda website.

Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20230824-114353.png

However, SA said that there have been multiple changes from Skoda in recent months regarding the availability of the features in different variants. He said that until now, the Lava Blue edition had a sub-woofer with a 10-inch screen, but now they have received 2 new Lava Blue edition cars with a 10-inch screen but without a sub-woofer.

I understand from them very clearly that Skoda is trying to push for a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment display but is unable to supply a sub-woofer.

So, in a nutshell, the 10-inch screen is certainly available in the Lava Blue edition, at least for the next few months, but the sub-woofer is doubtful. God knows when this Lava Blue edition go off, as it is still a limited edition. In case someone wants any other colour than Lava Blue, they have to sacrifice the bigger touch screen for sure.

Plus, the SA is expecting a good discount during Dussehra/Diwali duration.

Thanks, Piyush.
piyushkdwivedi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 18:53   #1530
BHPian

Hey everyone, after trying out multiple cars and going through multiple team bhp review threads, youtube videos finally got my self a tornado red 1.5 dsg Ambition model.

Background
I am in mid thirties and driving has been my passion from my childhood where although I could not drive, I use to sit at the edge of my bed, having a plate as steering and imagining long drives.

After I started earning my first car was a Ford Figo 2013 diesel model which had got me addicted to its fabulous ride and handling package. The engine was a bit slow but the handling and its big car like ride quality made me enjoy my multiple road trips around Delhi ncr. For the past 2 years I also have a Swift from my company lease and although not as satisfying as my Figo, its light and easy controls are a boon in the city.

However as the Figo had become obsolete (Delhi ncr rules) I was itching to get a new steed in my house. I already had a duke 390 and a meteor 350 to satisfy my biking needs and on similar lines needed a sporty vehicle.

Options Considered
1. Mahindra XUV 300 Turbo Sport/Diesel: This was my first option as I was looking at a compact suv in the beginning and the engine in this was great. I had nearly finalized it, but its few shortcomings kept it from becoming my final choice especially the low boot space and Mahindra's knack of increasing the prices every few months. Its top end is nearly 14 lakhs and Mahindra odd variant distribution make lower variants like W6 underequipped.

2. Tata Nexon: Discarded after hearing multiple ASS horror stories. I would like to own a TATA once but would likely go through the lease option once the swift lease expires so that atleast maintenance is on third party's head.

3. Kia Sonet: Rejected due to low safety ratings however otherwise it is a good package.

4. Hyundai Creta: Already have a creta in my family and never felt it to be an enthusiast car. Also low on safety.

5. Kia Seltos: Again safety. The new version was also not launched by then but again the turbo variants would have been over budget.

6. XUV 700: Loved the turbo petrol engine but all good variants were north of 20 lakhs well over my budget. I also actually don't require a 7 seater as such.

After going through all the SUV's best performance for me was either in XUV 300 or XUV 700. However both felt overpriced and although XUV300 was in budget I did not wanted to compromise on my boot space as this was going to be a highway mile muncher for my family. XUV 700 was out of budget but was considering the lowest variant, however on further research found it to be too bare bones for an extended ownership period.

Hadn't given sedans a thought by this time as Delhi ncr roads are deteriorating day by day. But as the enthusiast in me was not getting satisfied with the SUV's decided to give them a go. Wife was against my decision but told her will give her an micro SUV like Punch from my company lease if needed.

Sedan Options

1. Verna: Good feature loaded car but I just can't get over the looks. Wife actually liked it and in the end I played the safety card to drop it from our list.

2. Honda city: Don't like it looks and the engine is not that punchy compared to VAG twins.

Final Choice:
My wife had heard Skoda horror stories from her colleagues and was not interested earlier in either Slavia or Virtus. However I still pushed her to go for a test drive.

We reached Excel motors a dealer near our home and were promptly greeted by the sales rep. We went through the price list and I wanted the Ambition 1.5 manual as that was in our budget and did not had dsg issues haunting it. However as usual it was not available for a TD but we were given a 1.5 dsg to feel the engine.

And boy o boy, I was blown away by the performance. Same was the case with my wife. However she did not knew about the dsg issues in detail, and asked me to go ahead for the automatic itself. Although it was a stretch for us in budget terms but she was adamant that we get it. She was not aware of dsg horror stories and I made sure that no one told her about same.

In my mind I had already thought of starting a small SIP to cover any DSG issues later in our ownership period but did not wanted to miss owning this combination.

We were given good discounts as they had an older model available in factory. It was a BS6 Ph2 E20 compatible model and I was fine with that. We went ahead and made the booking and were told car will be available in 10-15 days.

We went though the lease option from my wife's company and it took around 15 days for the whole process.

So after waiting for nearly 20 days got my hands on my 'Laal Dhanno' this week. It was raining cats and dogs but I was determined to not delay it any further.

I was not able to click many pictures as have been busy in office work after that but planning to go on a ride soon. Will post pics then.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-skoda-pic.jpg  

Last edited by Peterf : 24th August 2023 at 18:59.
Peterf is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks