Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 13:21   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I'm hearing underbody protection being available by default for first time.
Apart from Maruti, all manufacturers give underbody protection by default. Even my 1996 Fiat Uno had it.
Old 16th July 2023, 13:52   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Had this issue cropping recently on my 1.5 and then realised that the brake pads were glazed and pretty much in a bad shape. They had some life left in them but got them replaced yesterday. The pads lasted 12k kms and had another 2-3k life.
Isn't 12-15K too less a mileage to extract from break pads? Any idea what we can expect under normal circumstances/ from other manufacturers?

I might be completely wrong here but eagerness of SA to replace a consumable item could be driven by moolah for SC and a cut he can pocket.

Let me know what you think.
Old 16th July 2023, 17:49   #1428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
Isn't 12-15K too less a mileage to extract from break pads? Any idea what we can expect under normal circumstances/ from other manufacturers?

I might be completely wrong here but eagerness of SA to replace a consumable item could be driven by moolah for SC and a cut he can pocket.

Let me know what you think.
Just to clarify, it was me who insisted for the brake pad to be changed since they had anyway opened it up and I didnt want to go back to the service center again in 2-3k kms with a totally shot brake pad. I told them even before coming that I need a new set of brake pads Its my driving thats the main factor. I used to get similar life on my SX4 as well and the brake pads would be shot by 15k kms. My cousin in his SX4 gets upwards of 20k. In my Crysta the brake pads were done at 32k kms but it’s driven far smoother. There are people who get more than 40k kms in Crysta.

My Slavia also goes through a lot of acceleration bursts and high speed shedding from unmentionable speeds so if one is driving sedately I think they can expect 20k or more life.
Old 16th July 2023, 19:14   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
I got my Honda Jazz's brake pad changed at around 50k if I remember correctly. I agree 12-15K is tool less for break pads.
Old 16th July 2023, 19:27   #1430
BHPian

After lot of deliberation finally I have booked a crystal blue Slavia anniversary edition and expecting delivery in a week post registration. Was in the market after my Rapid 1.5 TDI was sold last year. With the Octavia gone, I couldn't find any other worthy replacement. I was eyeing the Lava Blue for its baby Octavia looks, but looks like anniversary edition got sold out and color was never a deal breaker for me in any of my car purchases so settled for crystal blue, which is not so bad either. Now starts the wait
Old 16th July 2023, 20:45   #1431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeter View Post
I got my Honda Jazz's brake pad changed at around 50k if I remember correctly. I agree 12-15K is tool less for break pads.
Is your Jazz a manual or automatic? How many times have you braked hard from triple digit speeds? It all depends on driving and the load on the braking system. In my case like I mentioned earlier it's been the same with my SX4 as well and in that way the Slavia has been driven much faster and aggressive. So in my books it's decent life for the pads Let other members with 1.5 comment when they get their brake pad replaced and then we will know if I used too much of brake or that's how long it lasts for the Slavia 1.5
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:22   #1432
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I took the test drive of the Slavia 1.5 and was floored by the ride quality of the car. The acceleration was amazing and since my current ride is Ford aspire 1.5 TDCI, obviously it felt better.

Recently I had remapped by car with wolf for stage 1 plus and boy oh boy, it has crazyyyy acceleration. Power and torque figures would have easily bumped up by around 25 percent. The car just flies post 1500 rpm. The reason I am on look out for cars is the trouble I was having with the service centres. Recently the starter kit and fusebox went dead and the Bhavna Ford service centre has taken like 20 days to source the parts since they have recently shifted their warehouse from Mumbai...

My warranty for the car ends in Apr 2024 and now I am getting apprehensive about the same. Though I Love the car esp after the stage 1 plus remap, but then I do plan long road trips with my wife and pet dog once a year and I don't want to put those plans in jeopardy for availability of parts and the hassle once warranty expires.

Wish Skoda had continued to offer diesel with the Slavia, would have picked it up anyday eyes closed. With the diesel, one don't have to worry about running costs etc. On the other hand other diesel options in this price range doesn't offer the safety and it doesn't go down well with me. Don't want to stretch the budget till 25-27 for the likes of diesel SUVs.

I have been confused between the manual and the DSG. I am a manual fan and I am wary about the dry clutch and the problems it can throw even with 6 years warranty. Has anyone faced any issues with their DSG gearboxes in the last 1 year. And how about the niggles related to ac cooling and creaks and noises from within the cabin. Are these issues addressed in the recent batches delivered in the last 2-3 months. The Senior Sales rep told me that the cabin creaks are being addressed in the new batches along with other feedback received from the owners.

I test drove the style 1.5 DSG, the sound system was good. Is the anniversary edition sound system with woofer and amp better?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th July 2023 at 11:55. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
Old 16th July 2023, 22:02   #1433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
Problem is I’m seeing this sound for around the last 7000 Kms now, Odo is at 12500 now, so I’m not sure if it is because of worn out pads or something else.
Guess your issue is the common brake grinding issue reported in the 1.0 cars. I saw another owner with a Kushaq coming into the ASC with this issue. No other solution than to clean the pads and remove the glazing. Hope they will change the pad material to a softer material and get rid of this issue.

On the other hand, the SA was moving around my car inside the ASC and was blown away by the AC cooling. He asked me what I changed and I acted innocent and told I only enabled the fan display in Auto and nothing else He was scratching his head. The temperature was set to 22.5 and still cabin was cold whereas those ASC guys have a habit of turning down the AC to LOW. In the last year I haven't gone below 21 Deg C no matter what the external condition was, be it coastal heat or Andhra summer.

Last edited by audioholic : 16th July 2023 at 22:19.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 22:19   #1434

Quote:
Guess your issue is the common brake grinding issue reported in the 1.0 cars. I saw another owner with a Kushaq coming into the ASC with this issue. No other solution than to clean the pads and remove the glazing. Hope they will change the pad material to a softer material and get rid of this issue.
Yeah that must be it, should push it at 2nd service 8 months from now.

Quote:
. On the other hand, the SA was moving around my car inside the ASC and was blown away by the AC cooling. He asked me what I changed and I waved innocent and told I only enabled the fan display in Auto and nothing else He was scratching his head. The temperature was set to 22.5 and still cabin was cold whereas those ASC guys have a habit of turning down the AC to LOW. In the last year I haven't gone below 21 Deg C no matter what the external condition was, be it coastal heat or Andhra summer.
Haha, you got yours coded right?

I’ve not cared much for AC in Bangalore, but got a sun film, besides, it’s just 2 in the car most days.

Planning to do something to improve sound proofing next with a dampening sheet.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th July 2023 at 11:55. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 17th July 2023, 11:46   #1435
BHPian

Hi Guys,

i was interested in buying the 1.5tsi manual Ambition variant of the Slavia. Unfortunately there are'nt any conclusive test drive reports or proper in depth reviews of the 1.5tsi manual.

Does anyone in Mumbai have one? and would they be willing to let me have a short drive around to get a feel of the gear shifts and clutch travel. The engine is a gem as i know after test driving the DSG variant of the car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th July 2023, 16:24   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
[*]For the first time I asked them to fix a vibration of the dashboard while going over rumblers. It was not a rattle but more of a vibration which could be felt. They fixed it.
I'm facing similar issue of noise/vibration only while going over rumblers & visiting the SC for the same tomorrow. Do you remember how they managed to fix it ?
Old 17th July 2023, 22:30   #1437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I'm facing similar issue of noise/vibration only while going over rumblers & visiting the SC for the same tomorrow. Do you remember how they managed to fix it ?
The usual remove, put tape and refit procedure. Some day I will ask them to replace the front fascia of the dash under warranty. The new part is solid with no creaks.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 22:55   #1438
BHPian

A short trip to Dehradun and Chandigarh over last 4 days. Odo is at 5,692 KMs. No issues to report except that I am still getting used to moving to MT after 2 years with an AT.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5619.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5597.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_5634.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 07:57   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
The usual remove, put tape and refit procedure. Some day I will ask them to replace the front fascia of the dash under warranty. The new part is solid with no creaks.
The new part, any idea from when they started using it in newly manufactured cars? I will be taking delivery of my car next week and it is an April 2023 manufactured car, so hoping the creaks don't exist.
Old 18th July 2023, 11:06   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
A short trip to Dehradun and Chandigarh over last 4 days. Odo is at 5,692 KMs. No issues to report except that I am still getting used to moving to MT after 2 years with an AT.
Hi, i would like to understand from your experience of driving the manual for over 5500 kms now, how is the clutch travel and how are the gear shifts?
Is the clutch travel too long and heavy or its just one of them ( either too long or too heavy) or none and its perfect. Do let me know. Been looking for some answers on the same.
Some reviews on the virtus manual say that the clutch is extremely hard and travel is long too.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks