BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Sorry for the late reply but RGB for yellow will be
R - 230
G - 160
B - 30

I tried to do so but somehow it did not gel well with the overall interior theme. I instead left it as it is. Moreover since the yellow strip extends to the AC vents, its a tough job to wrap vinyl there and hence left it.
Thanks for the codes

those strips inside the AC vents surely a pain. I'm now exploring if I can get someone transparent wrap on the strip to avoid scratches. Let me see how it goes.
Old 7th July 2023, 10:23   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Moreover since the yellow strip extends to the AC vents, its a tough job to wrap vinyl there and hence left it.
While a wrap will be cool, that yellow strip is the primary source of creaks in the cabin. If Skoda listens and fixes it with a better quality non creaky plastic part, I'd be happy to get that changed. Or a workaround will also be fine.

Is it just me or do others also hear plastic creaks over sharp bumps/potholes ?

(If one isn't OCD prone it's not very bad actually, but once noticed it's hard to get out of the head )
Old 7th July 2023, 11:04   #1413
BHPian

I'm considering an upgrade between the Virtus and Slavia 1.5 DSG models. Currently, I'm inclined towards the Virtus because, in my personal opinion, it has a more appealing design. However, before making a decision, I'd like to know if VW/Skoda has addressed any of the common issues and concerns with their 2023 models.

Are there any persistent problems that I should be aware of? Ideally, I planned to wait for the first facelift, but I'm feeling a sense of urgency to upgrade sooner.
Old 8th July 2023, 23:45   #1414
BHPian

So finally, Skoda gives a '1.5 TSI' badge to the bigger and more powerful engine.

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 08:23   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
So finally, Skoda gives a '1.5 TSI' badge to the bigger and more powerful engine.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=p5MpkX3Jemo
This is good, the BS6.2 cars had just the TSI badging for the 1.5. Also, this preview is misleading. The lava blue edition apparently still continues to get the 8 inch infotainment, not the 10 inch. I got this clarified from the showroom as well. The new brochure also lists lava blue as an exclusive colour and nothing else. Attaching the latest brochure for the benefit of members looking to make the purchase.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slavia-Brochure-5-7-23.pdf (3.60 MB, 328 views)
StripleRider03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:42   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
While a wrap will be cool, that yellow strip is the primary source of creaks in the cabin. If Skoda listens and fixes it with a better quality non creaky plastic part, I'd be happy to get that changed. Or a workaround will also be fine.

Is it just me or do others also hear plastic creaks over sharp bumps/potholes ?

(If one isn't OCD prone it's not very bad actually, but once noticed it's hard to get out of the head )
I get the creaks too in my car and it is from day 1. My slavia has been to the service center 5 times in one year and each time they have removed it and placed it back saying it is done and the creaking reappears. And I don't blame the service center technicians as well, the part itself is of cheap quality and flimsy. You cannot do anything about it. The worst is on concrete roads. It is really nerve racking. A few owners in this thread have reported it but majority have not complained about this issue here, which makes me wonder whether I got a bad piece.

I have thought of replacing both the panels, i.e piano black and the silver strip which houses the LED. Starting with the LED strip of course. But as per my service center it is not under warranty and it is chargeable.

I am attaching some videos which highlight this issue.

I am not even touching the panels with a lot of force in the above videos.
Which results in this while driving.

Everything else of this car is good. I love the way it handles and overtakes are just easy. When I chug it in corners, the car puts a smile on my face and the creaking puts a frown on my face. Wish there was a solution.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 15:16. Reason: Minor spacing
ronney911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:30   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post

Are there any persistent problems that I should be aware of? Ideally, I planned to wait for the first facelift, but I'm feeling a sense of urgency to upgrade sooner.
I took a delivery of my Slavia last month & had shortlisted virtus as well. While my first preference was Virtus but chose Slavia because the suspension are softer compared to stiff setup of VW. No issues so far in the 1300kms that I have driven so far. You wont go wrong in picking up either. I had done back to back TD for both and hence it was easy to decide which one to pick in the end
Old 10th July 2023, 19:02   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronney911 View Post
I get the creaks too in my car and it is from day 1. Wish there was a solution.
I think the complicated design of the dashboard due to the 3-4 kinds of plastics joined together to have the fancy design is the contributor apart from the cost cutting, I think music is your only saviour here
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 08:56   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
I get the creaks too in my car and it is from day 1. My slavia has been to the service center 5 times in one year and each time they have removed it and placed it back saying it is done and the creaking reappears.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm wondering if in your case the removing and re fitting by service center has made it worse, as in my Slavia the creaking isn't as much as you have documented. I've also observed the creaking is better on cold days, and worse on hot summer days.

Occasionally on hot days I get creaks from near the glovebox, felt lining that I put under the glossy black insert took care of it mostly. When it does tend to creak again, I found that pressing down once on the glossy black insert near the left most AC vent stops the creaks for a good amount of time.

Music is a viable workaround to the problem ! Inner peace (Master Oogway, Kung fu panda) might be the long term solution
Game_of_Roads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 12:21   #1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I'm wondering if in your case the removing and re fitting by service center has made it worse, as in my Slavia the creaking isn't as much as you have documented. I've also observed the creaking is better on cold days, and worse on hot summer days.
The service adviser said just that you should not be removing and putting those panels then the issue worsens. So the solution is to live with the noise in a 16L+ car. What a shame.

It is just like how you mentioned. Keep the car out in the sun and then it creaks constantly like the video, then it settles down and will creak only if the road conditions are bad. And from where I am the road conditions are pathetic. I am surprised that while testing skoda technicians did not face this issue, or they faced it and just ignored it.

I am going to try replacing them and see if that helps.
ronney911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 11:37   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Let us know how it goes after the replacement and the costs.

The service center is very well aware of this problem, when I mentioned it they immediately pointed to that strip as the source of the noise. I was told that the issue was much worse in Kushaq than Slavia !
Old 13th July 2023, 14:32   #1422

Quote:
The service adviser said just that you should not be removing and putting those panels then the issue worsens. So the solution is to live with the noise in a 16L+ car. What a shame.

It is just like how you mentioned. Keep the car out in the sun and then it creaks constantly like the video, then it settles down and will creak only if the road conditions are bad. And from where I am the road conditions are pathetic. I am surprised that while testing skoda technicians did not face this issue, or they faced it and just ignored it.

I had the same issue in my Taigun with the door panels.
Immediately after taking the delivery of the vehicle there is an unusual squeaking noise from the rear doors especially driving on pattered roads but the service centre rectified the problem and took almost a day to resolve it
Also heard a lot from VW 2.0 car owners regarding these quality issues and niggles
Hope they will rectify soon
Old 13th July 2023, 23:06   #1423

Do you guys hear a squeaking noise from the front brakes? Any tips on how to tips it sorted?
Old 16th July 2023, 08:59   #1424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
Do you guys hear a squeaking noise from the front brakes? Any tips on how to tips it sorted?
Had this issue cropping recently on my 1.5 and then realised that the brake pads were glazed and pretty much in a bad shape. They had some life left in them but got them replaced yesterday. The pads lasted 12k kms and had another 2-3k life. But didnt want to push it too much and with this glazing issue anyway had to get it cleaned up. Yesterday was on a long drive and while the braking was as good as earlier, as the car slowed down there was a slight grinding and screeching noise. I believe there was some debris stuck the brakes. But by the time I returned home, it had reduced to a great extent.

Called up the SA and he told me to bring in the car. Took it last afternoon and they did the job within an hour on priority. The brake pad MRP was 68xx rupees but I was charged only 57xx. Not sure how that works since there was no discount mentioned. Owners should keep in mind that the 1.5 has different brake pads and discs. Hence it should not be swapped. 1.0 brake pads cost much lesser at 3500 odd. Prompt service and that too when I called them post noon and was done with the job by 5pm.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7762.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7763.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7766.jpeg
Old 16th July 2023, 10:13   #1425

Quote:
Had this issue cropping recently on my 1.5 and then realised that the brake pads were glazed and pretty much in a bad shape. They had some life left in them but got them replaced yesterday. The pads lasted 12k kms and had another 2-3k life.
Problem is I’m seeing this sound for around the last 7000 Kms now, Odo is at 12500 now, so I’m not sure if it is because of worn out pads or something else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks