Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 10:01   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Took the delivery of our Skody ( Named by our daughter) on Friday from Tafe Access St Marks Road , everything went as planned.
Congratulations Gotham on your "Skody"

This color really looks smashing in person, although I felt it does not come through well in snaps/pictures. Ironically, the blue shade parked ahead of your car (in PDI pic) looks good virtually, but somehow appears pretty dull in person.

Quote:
Took the car to Tyre Professionals & got the MRF swapped with UC6 immediately.
I was there with my Polo GT TDI on the same day and swapped the tires to Continental UC6 as well. I remember discussing the Red shade with my wife who had accompanied me and we both really loved the shade

Here's wishing you a very happy and fuss free motoring.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 10:08   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congratulations Gotham on your "Skody"

I was there with my Polo GT TDI on the same day and swapped the tires to Continental UC6 as well. I remember discussing the Red shade with my wife who had accompanied me and we both really loved the shade

Here's wishing you a very happy and fuss free motoring.
Thanks Vik , I remember seeing your car & I was silently drooling over the steering mod , now that I have the vento as my daily driver I will slowly add some subtle mods in due course
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 20:11   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
I would be lying if I said I'm not scared of the DSG gearbox but with 4 year warranty + 2 years of additional warranty does give me a peace of mind. I'm now using my Vento for office commute and during bumper to bumper traffic I keep the GB in neutral as much as possible. Also have changed my schedule by leaving 30 minutes early from home & from office in the evening , this has helped me avoid getting stuck in traffic most of the time. But unless your daily commute requires you to suffer km long bumper to bumper traffic I wouldn't be too worried about the DSG.
Hello Gotham
I decided to book Slavia red 1.0 AT

Were you able to get any discount? And which insurance you went for?
Old 7th June 2023, 21:34   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Hello Gotham
I decided to book Slavia red 1.0 AT

Were you able to get any discount? And which insurance you went for?
Congratulations Anoop. Which dealer did you book your car. I got a dealer discount of 30k and insurance from dealer ( Reliance ) which the dealer was able to match to what was being offered to me from HDFC. Initially the insurance was quoted at 65k but was finally closed at 50k with Zero DIP. I had booked mine at Tafe access St Marks Road , if needed I can share the contact details of the SA who was assigned to me.
Old 8th June 2023, 08:12   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Anoop. Which dealer did you book your car. I got a dealer discount of 30k and insurance from dealer ( Reliance ) which the dealer was able to match to what was being offered to me from HDFC. Initially the insurance was quoted at 65k but was finally closed at 50k with Zero DIP. I had booked mine at Tafe access St Marks Road , if needed I can share the contact details of the SA who was assigned to me.
Sure. That would be great.
I haven't booked yet. Planning to do this week.
Took test drive from the HSR layout showroom.
He isn't giving any discount at the moment.
anoopvk268 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:05   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Sure. That would be great.
I haven't booked yet. Planning to do this week.
Took test drive from the HSR layout showroom.
He isn't giving any discount at the moment.
I walked away from HSR because of some shady practice. You can contact Sharath ( 8660031494 ) , you can give him my reference. Just say you got his number from Sandeep who took delivery of Red Slavia Anniversary edition , he will remember me
Old 8th June 2023, 15:25   #1357
BHPian

Just back from a 1000+ km long trip BLR-Thekkady-BLR on my Slavia 1.0AT. The car is amazing on most fronts barring fuel economy where it is mediocre. But it compensates with its eager and fun engine, great handling and stability and the wonderfully smooth and convenient TC AT. I loved every bit of it.

Fuel efficiency stats for my 1.0AT
Odometer before trip: ~5600km/7 months old
Fuel: HP Power 95/XP95 from COCO bunks
Loading: Full load 5 adults + 1 kid + 75% full boot (including 2 huuuuge full Jackfruits )
Tyre pressure: 37-38 for full load, nitrogen.
Gear mode: D mode mostly
AC: On 95% of the time, 20-21°C,
Car is stock default on the engine front, Skoda offical AC update installed, tyres are Conti UC6

Highway: 13.8 - 14.3kmpl
Driving style : 5/10, cruising speeds of 100- 110kmph
(0-driving unrealistically for Max economy, 10- driving like crazy for sheer fun)

Winding mountain roads with climbs and descents, full load: 9-10kmpl
Driving style: 7/10
(0-driving for Max economy, 10- driving for sheer fun)

City fuel efficiency is hard to make sense of since there are a lot of variables. Let me just say in Bangalore with light load, 9-10kmpl is what I get driving and living in central Bangalore with bumper to bumper traffic often.

In my experience, the following two things contribute to the mediocre fuel efficiency:
1. Low speed TC energy losses, in the city, bumper to bumper traffic, and constant gear changes, mainly when the TC isn't able to lock input and output mechanically.
2. Turbo engine characteristics - high revs/high turbo spooling, under high load conditions, like I felt in the mountains where the turbo is really needed to provide the necessary torque, or with people who suffer from the Heavy Right Foot syndrome !

I also felt a marked increase in the eagerness to accelerate with the S mode, and it pulls much more cleanly, but wanted to experience this entire trip with D mode mostly. Will use sports mode in subsequent trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20230606204416.jpg  

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 8th June 2023 at 15:44.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 19:45   #1358
BHPian

Interesting.
All the best for the tune.
If I am not wrong, this is a tuning box which manipulates the sensor (MAF and others) to generate desired (lower or higher). Boost.
Right?

I had bought one of these tuning boxes and had bad experience with Racechip tune box. Lots of errors(EPC) and at least I could not find any meaningful performance increase. Will be interested in seeing how it goes for you.
My review:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...uning-box.html (Audi Q5: Why I picked an ECU remap over a tuning box)
Old 11th June 2023, 15:00   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Good drag race by Evo. Not sure that old Ocatavia VRS is stock, but very impressive for a 20 year old car.

sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 16:16   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Good drag race by Evo. Not sure that old Ocatavia VRS is stock, but very impressive for a 20 year old car.

https://Youtu.be/wytxeQdTZmI
Yes the Octavia will remain to be a legend be it stock or in a tuned form for generations to come

The video also shows how evidently slow the DSG is when it launches. In first and second gear the throttle response is toned down heavily and its only after the third gear that the car wakes up and flies. For a drag race thats too late anyway.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 10:00   #1361

Quote:
I walked away from HSR because of some shady practice. You can contact Sharath ( 8660031494 ) , you can give him my reference. Just say you got his number from Sandeep who took delivery of Red Slavia Anniversary edition , he will remember me
Can I ask what happened with HSR Skoda? I had taken my Red Slavia from them a year ago. From one red owner to another, I love the colour.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th June 2023 at 10:21. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 12th June 2023, 11:06   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedXPro95 View Post
Can I ask what happened with HSR Skoda? I had taken my Red Slavia from them a year ago. From one red owner to another, I love the colour.
From Day 1 they were being sketchy with everything , even the break up given was vastly different from other dealers but I didn't pay much attention to it. I had to follow up for TD of 1.5 and when the I sat down for final negotiation they went back on their earlier discount offer. None of the staff member even seemed interested in selling a car , St Marks road which I believe falls under the same dealer was completely different. In fact I was passing by St Marks on Saturday and dropped in without prior heads up to get one of the sun-blind replaced, was warmly welcomed by the staff despite my allocated SA being on his weekly off.
Old 12th June 2023, 11:12   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
[b]
Further updates to AC issue - I had already posted earlier about using VCDS to mod the AC performance and configurable AC performance in the head unit. I was expecting the official update from Skoda for my car but somehow it wasnt a part of the recall and hence no update was performed.

The earlier AC Tweaks were setting the AC tuning to Cold tuning in climate long coding and it had made the AC almost 90% perfect and would keep the cabin cool even when set to 20-22 and never had to switch to LO or manual control. However when I sat in the Crysta the AC would be having a strong chillness factor to it. Hence I went to long coding again and narrowed down on a setting for minimum evaporator temperature. This is basically the coldest temperature the evaporator reaches before the compressor is cut off. I believe the default setting was 3.5 degree C and I reduced it to 2.5 degree C. So now I believe the compressor would run slightly longer and this has resulted in ultra quick cooling of the cabin be it any temperature outside and inside. This also reduces the time the blower is unnecessarily blasting air to cool down the cabin. The real issue is in how cool the evaporator gets to throw chilled air into the cabin. Of course, there is a risk of water freezing on the evaporator core but thats in heavily humid areas.

Now the AC chills like my Crysta and I guess maybe a bit of FE is hit, but who cares, the AC is insane now.
Are you working with a coder who you can recommend? I've been meaning to get few changes done for a few month's now. Our Taigun has a similar prob with the AC that the earlier s/w update did not fix.
Old 12th June 2023, 11:12   #1364

Quote:
From Day 1 they were being sketchy with everything , even the break up given was vastly different from other dealers but I didn't pay much attention to it. I had to follow up for TD of 1.5 and when the I sat down for final negotiation they went back on their earlier discount offer. None of the staff member even seemed interested in selling a car , St Marks road which I believe falls under the same dealer was completely different. In fact I was passing by St Marks on Saturday and dropped in without prior heads up to get one of the sun-blind replaced, was warmly welcomed by the staff despite my allocated SA being on his weekly off.
I get what you mean, the HSR guys are very nonchalant when meeting a customer. On top of that after I made the payment for extended warranty, I got 0 confirmation from them that they’ve activated it, and my SA stopped picking up my calls altogether.

So I had to call Skoda helpline to get it sorted, they spoke to the showroom guys and got it done.
ZedXPro95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 11:25   #1365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Are you working with a coder who you can recommend? I've been meaning to get few changes done for a few month's now. Our Taigun has a similar prob with the AC that the earlier s/w update did not fix.
I do the changes myself on my car. Have only tried once with a Virtus and the VCDS software did not recognise the car correctly. If you are willing to drive down to where I stay I can get the AC tweak done for your car for free as long as the software works for your car. A couple of friends have managed to get VCDS working perfectly fine on their VW MQB cars but based on the Virtus I tried, it was not successful. Not sure of the Taigun.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks