Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:31   #601
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Zac confirmed that the new infotainment system doesn't support a subwoofer.
So, subwoofer which was the reason for audiophiles to consider Slavia over Virtus, is gone too. The next feature to be deleted must be the string in the front door pockets, which should put an end to the simply clever features altogether

But, seriously, it was overpriced before and now it does not make sense with price hike and feature delations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
But then, the question will come - if not Slavia 1.5 DSG, then which other car?
Sadly, none. I have decided to wait it out for now, as am not in a hurry. The VAG's 2.0 is a mixed bag and not confidence inspiring.

OT: If one is willing to let go of the sedan hangover, Jeep Compass which is in a touching distance, has much better build and interiors even in the base variant, and I am sold for it. The only shortcomings are the lack of space for more than 3 adults and lesser boot space.

Last edited by stringbh : 2nd June 2022 at 16:39. Reason: Grammar
stringbh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 23:51   #602

Skoda Slavia AC issue acknowledged after many complaints from owners.

Finally Skoda And Mr. Zac Hollis acknowledges the AC issue in Slavia 1.0 litre and have assured buyers a solution for the same.

Here is the link to the article I came across

https://www.carblogindia.com/zac-hol...c-problem/amp/

Highlights of the articles :

Skoda Slavia has been reeling under the constant user complaints regarding the AC issues and Zac Hollis has reassured that the engineers are working on the solution.

Zac Hollis assures the Skoda Slavia owners that the engineers are working on a solution regarding the increasingly annoying AC issue lately. The Slavia owners’ page on Facebook saw quite a few posts from the users citing the ineffectiveness of the AC in the premium mid-size sedan. This is particularly predominant in the 1.0-litre variants. This latest user shares his disappointment through his post too.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot_20220602234434.jpg  

Ayush_atish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 08:02   #603
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/skoda-slavi...-12437877.html

Just read this article of increase in Slavia prices ranging from 30K to 60K from June 2022 onwards
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:43   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
It seems Skoda is out of stock on Carbon Steel Paint. Is it only Skoda that is facing these kinds of production issues or is it just poor production planning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
They don't have stock of red paint also.
I suspect they are sitting on stock of other colors and this could be a ploy to make customers opt for other colors/variants instead.

Ask your SA if he can arrange a vehicle if you are ready to change the color and see what he has to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In a nutshell it seems a flop show with the India 2.0 strategy, reflecting in its sales figures too.
Sometimes I fail understand - on one hand we have buyers waiting for weeks and months for their Slavia/Astor and so on. On the other hand, we see dispatch figures and call the cars as flops. Is it flop or is it supply-constrained or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Absolute load of bull. What do they think, would people wait till November for a carbon steel car? That too when as per what I was told, that's the second highest in demand after blue. That means the second largest chunk of sales would be gone. First, the unavailability of the 1.5 was masked as more than expected demand and Russia Ukraine war.
I barely saw one blue Slavia till date. Carbon Steel and white ones are visible on the road. Again, I suspect they are sitting on stock of other colors and 1.0 variants which they would want to clear off before they produce new cars.

Slightly OT but relevant. In Bhubaneswar, M&M dealers are sitting on stocks of petrol XUV700, including the rare MX variants. They're available for ready delivery to anyone who is interested in the color of their choice (a friend got a blue MX in 2 days after spot booking). It seems Mahindra (or their regional dealers) never anticipated lack of demand for the petrol variants and as such, are sitting on dead stock.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:53   #605
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Skoda Slavia prices hiked by up to Rs. 60,000

Skoda has announced a price hike for the Slavia. Prices for the mid-size sedan have been increased by up to Rs. 60,000, depending on the variant. This is also the first price hike for the Slavia since its launch in February this year.

Skoda Slavia Review-skodaslaviaofficialreview.jpg

The Skoda Slavia now comes with a new starting price of Rs. 10.99 lakh for the base trim, while the top-spec variant costs Rs. 18.39 lakh (ex-showroom). The Active & Ambition variants of the Slavia have received a price hike of Rs. 30,000. Meanwhile, prices of the 1.0-litre Style variant have increased by Rs. 40,000 while the range-topping 1.5-litre Style trim receives a price hike of Rs. 60,000.

Along with the price hike, Skoda has also replaced the 10-inch infotainment display on the Slavia with an 8.0-inch unit. The smaller unit misses out on wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th June 2022 at 14:22.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:23   #606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Really Skoda? How can they hike prices in just 2-3 months of launch? At least wait for 6-8 months, deliver healthy numbers to clients and then think of hiking prices by some amount.

On one side they are supplying cars with less features which is last thing manufacturer should do and on the other hand they are increasing prices, wow!! Only German car makers can show such arrogance.
aniketi is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:59   #607
BHPian

This is eerily reminiscent of Ford's actions with the EcoSport. Delete features with a price drop to justify it, then quietly raise the price again. Skoda has done pretty much the same thing, except they raised the price at the same time as deleting features. Even if the software on the smaller infotainment screen is the same, the constant price increases right after launch don't exactly paint Skoda in the best light.
Old 3rd June 2022, 16:36   #608
BHPian

Looks like there's no limit to VAG group's greed.
I love their cars and really hoped to get the Salvia 1.5 DSG in the near future, but now I feel conflicted putting down my money to a company that's so shamelessly deleting features while increasing the costs of an already expensive car.

Simply clever or simply cunning!

They're clearly kicked about the initial response, hopefully the market forces them to correct this mistake.
noo.b is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:51   #609
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Skoda VAG is preparing to outprice themselves from the market. At this rate, people will actually look at the City HEV over the Slavia 1.5 although they arent equivalent in terms of performance or some other attributes. Really, all people have to do is to use the City HEV as a 4 seater with some bags in the middle of the rear seat.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 3rd June 2022 at 17:53.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 19:42   #610
BHPian

Car companies are going crazy with these insane price hikes. Cars are becoming expensive llike never before. Very soon Alto and i10s will cost a million bucks to own. And the pace at which features are being deleted, entry level cars will be a car with 4 wheels and 1 engine only.
Old 3rd June 2022, 21:00   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Along with the price hike, Skoda has also replaced the 10-inch infotainment display on the Slavia with an 8.0-inch unit. The smaller unit misses out on wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Link to Team-BHP news
It also missess out on the sub-woofer and amplifier as it's not supported by the 8-inch unit. Zac has confirmed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Looks like Skoda VAG is preparing to outprice themselves from the market. At this rate, people will actually look at the City HEV over the Slavia 1.5 although they arent equivalent in terms of performance or some other attributes. Really, all people have to do is to use the City HEV as a 4 seater with some bags in the middle of the rear seat.
Not only compare against other C2 segment cars. I am seriously comparing it against the base model of the D-segment car Jeep Compass (22.5L on-road). Just 2 years back, a known person brought Elantra for 18L on-road. Hexa Automatic, before it went out of production was priced the same as Slavia today (this is not too long ago). The New Civic & Elantra were in the range of 25L, just 2-3L more than current Slavia pricing. Suddenly, Honda City has started to look cheap, Verna (especially Diesel) even more so

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th June 2022 at 07:38. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
amit1agrawal is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 09:21   #612
Team-BHP Support

This India 2.0 strategy seems to be to dump 2nd grade products on Indian buyers more than anything.

It has been 1 year since the India 2.0 cars have been launched. They still have EPC issues in their cars even after 1 year.

The door beadings are getting replaced and still creaking in some cars.

The Ac is ineffective in traffic and peak summers.

Then they are cutting features like auto folding ORVM, now smaller infotainment and no sub woofer.

To top it off prices have been hiked by 30-60K.

What will happen to these cars in the long run when in a year they have so many issues?

What exactly is India 2.0 plan which they were harping on for years?

They are putting out press releases that they see 543% growth YoY with India 2.0.

Quote:
Mumbai, June 1, 2022 – After completing updation of showrooms with innovative, immersive, fully-digital world-class features the previous week, the high numbers saga continues with ŠKODA AUTO India recording 4604 units of sales in May 2022. This is yet another high month of sales and yet another continuous run of massive year-on-year growth month after month. The sales in May 2022 is humungous compared to the 716 cars sold in May 2021. This is a jump of 543% year-on-year keeping the company on track to making this the Biggest Year for ŠKODA AUTO in India.
Someone needs to remind them last year with COVID plus the fact they discontinued all their models they didn't have a single car to sell in the showroom till the Kushaq and Slavia came out.

#simplyclever

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th June 2022 at 09:25.
Vid6639 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 10:46   #613
Senior - BHPian

We are right to ask how can VW group increase prices of cars but at the same time, we need to also see that its not only VW which is doing it.

I had booked XUV700 D AT in Feb 2022 at 25.2L OTR Pune. Come May 2022, I can see the same model is now 26.4L OTR. They got rid off seq indicators and wireless charging (IIRC). Also not sure if there is more that they dropped. XUV prices have gone up 2 times since its launch in Sep'21. For my model the total increase is some 1-1.2L.

I recently bought Octavia Style for 29.5L OTR and when I look at the receipt, I see Skoda has got 16.5L out of the ex-showroom of 24.45L. I got discount and so ex-shw is less otherwise its 26.85L. So whatever we pay overall, most of it goes in Govt's pocket. Now to sell Octavia at 16.5L is profitable or not I dont know but we have to also see that its not only Manf who is at fault when it comes to overall pricing. I so wish that Manf publish these figures and let people know how much taxes they are paying to enjoy something in life. Salaried people already pay hell lot of IT n yet they are subjected to more taxation.

Bottom line, we have to live with it. C segment sedans are already retailing at what D segment sedans used to in 2017-2018. Chip shortage has made everyone's life difficult, now if its real or Manf are using this excuse only God knows.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 4th June 2022 at 10:48.
neoonwheels is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 11:16   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I see Skoda has got 16.5L out of the ex-showroom of 24.45L. I got discount and so ex-shw is less otherwise its 26.85L.
Difference is approximately 8 lakh. 8 over 16 is 50%. Right off the bat, we pay 50% tax before we pay road tax etc on the sub total amount. Of the total amount we pay, more than 1/3rd goes to the government. As if we have not already paid enough in direct taxes. I am flabbergasted.
Guite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 12:37   #615
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I dont see a reason to bring in Government taxes when comparing the quality/reliability/performance of cars in the similar price range. The taxes are the same for everyone - be it Honda, Suzuki, Skoda or Hyundai. For any 24L(ex-showroom) car, the company gets 16L and the govt. gets 8L. So why sympathy only for the VAG group?

Its happened multiple times in the VAG threads but I dont see anyone mentioning that in the Honda/Hyundai/Suzuki threads. Every manufacturer knows the budget, the margins, the tax, etc. So Skoda doesnt have any excuse to cut the features, use poorer materials and then increase the cost at the same time - especially when they keep harping that they are a premium vendor.
m8002? is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks