Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 13:07   #721
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Got Graphene coating and also dechromed few of the bits, both from Schimmer, Kochi.

From the detailing studio:

Really shiny now:

Attachment 2329258

Attachment 2329259

Attachment 2329260
Is that a wrap on the grill and window chrome strip or painted?
Old 5th July 2022, 13:15   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Is that a wrap on the grill and window chrome strip or painted?
Window chrome strip is untouched. Black paint for all the chrome in the front grill, the eyebrows above the fog lamps, the door handles, the rear strip above the reflectors and the rear badges (except the sides and front).
dragntailonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 17:50   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Got Graphene coating and also dechromed few of the bits
Looks great.! Much better without the chrome.

Curious to know why you didn't get the windows done..? The top half of the windows looks de chromed but the bottom half retains the chrome..?
Tokengrip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:02   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokengrip View Post
The top half of the windows looks de chromed but the bottom half retains the chrome..?
That's how the Slavia comes from the factory. The OP just chose not to touch the window area.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:13   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Got Graphene coating and also dechromed few of the bits, both from Schimmer, Kochi.
Congrats on your new purchase!
The Front grill looks much better de-chromed in Carbon Steel color than the factory default chrome.
Please share the details like material, longevity, costs, etc.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:40   #726
BHPian

Quote:

From the detailing studio:

Attachment 2329254

Attachment 2329255

Attachment 2329256

Attachment 2329257

Out in the rain:

Attachment 2329252

Attachment 2329253

Really shiny now:

Attachment 2329258

Attachment 2329259

Attachment 2329260

Looks sick 🔥🔥
Much more mean and suited to the body style.

Get the alloys from a Kushaq Monte Carlo and it’ll get even better
sarfraz1997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:45   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Slavia becomes the 2nd largest sold sedan, but Honda City is the King of Sedans.(+4m)

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 2111
Size:  35.5 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 15:54   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Slavia becomes the 2nd largest sold sedan, but Honda City is the King of Sedans.(+4m)

Attachment 2330866

Source: Auto Punditz
Only 1850 Virtus sold in July? (much lower than what I expected) I thought they sold 2500+ this month (at least that's what I saw in many YT videos and some channels comments)! Is it because they are focusing more on exporting the car or is there any other reason? Please do share if someone knows the reason behind this!
Anyways, it's great to see that Slavia is selling well in this era of SUVs!!
Old 9th July 2022, 00:36   #729
BHPian

Slavia and Virtus together outsells city. That's a great achievement. VW/Skoda rebadge has finally paid off. However, if they want this to last longer, they need to improve on the reliability front.
Benoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 16:17   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Slavia and Virtus together outsells city. That's a great achievement. VW/Skoda rebadge has finally paid off. However, if they want this to last longer, they need to improve on the reliability front.
Most Importantly, The Service and Spares Cost! I heard its literally a bomb if something goes wrong!

I feel happy to see Skoda climbing up the ladder, I really wish they maintain it.
Old 10th July 2022, 18:28   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh12 View Post
Most Importantly, The Service and Spares Cost! I heard its literally a bomb if something goes wrong!
Not exactly the case now. Localisation has brought down part costs and only for the few components which are imported like the 1.5L engine and stuff, the rest is cheap. For example the LED headlight is around 27k while even Maruti LED headlights(Swift, S Cross) also cost around 20k each. The rest of the components such as AC, suspension more or less cost the same as the competition.

Speaking of parts, I just realised that the Slavia, Kushaq, Taigun and Virtus come with different brake hardware for the 1.0 and 1.5L variants. The part numbers for the brake disc as well as brake pad is slightly different. The prices are also not the same. Can anyone do a physical compare if possible?

Skoda Slavia Review-4aeb0d5e0cd74ea797c8e4499174c58b.jpeg

Last edited by audioholic : 10th July 2022 at 18:52.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 18:46   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not exactly the case now. Localisation has brought down part costs and only for the few components which are imported like the 1.5L engine and stuff, the rest is cheap. For example the LED headlight is around 27k while even Maruti LED headlights(Swift, S Cross) also cost around 20k each. The rest of the components such as AC, suspension more or less cost the same as the competition.
Woah! I didnt knew it. I had an Skoda Laura L&K between 2012-2013 and Majority of time, It was in service center with issues from either gear box or clutch plate or some pump or ac.

Finally I paid around 1.3 Lakh, got all fixed and flipped it off for a loss. Drive was great, everything else was nice except the cost to fix things!

I am really happy to see that localization is working good.
Old 10th July 2022, 20:29   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Speaking of parts, I just realised that the Slavia, Kushaq, Taigun and Virtus come with different brake hardware for the 1.0 and 1.5L variants. The part numbers for the brake disc as well as brake pad is slightly different. The prices are also not the same. Can anyone do a physical compare if possible?

Attachment 2331650
Wow, that's a new find! I didn't know about that, I just thought both come with the same set of brakes. Now I am happy, if not all 4 disc brakes, at least they are providing different set of powerful ones for the 1.5L powered cars.
Old 10th July 2022, 23:47   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Wow, that's a new find! I didn't know about that, I just thought both come with the same set of brakes. Now I am happy, if not all 4 disc brakes, at least they are providing different set of powerful ones for the 1.5L powered cars.
From my initial research, it looks like the 1.5L versions get larger discs(300mm vs 276mm), Brake pads which are almost twice as expensive perhaps bigger(5.7k vs 3.7k) and different calipers. I never faced the brake noise that many were complaining. And the discs in my car look quite huge. Even in pictures, the difference is sort of visible between the two. The 1.5 has a squarish and large caliper while the 1.0 has a more round design. And notice the distance between the caliper to rim. So indeed, the braking hardware between 1.0 and 1.5L cars are different
1.0L engine - Picture courtesy EVO India

Name:  1Liter.JPG
Views: 2107
Size:  103.5 KB

1.5L engine - My own car
Skoda Slavia Review-img_0830.jpg
audioholic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 08:51   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic;5355118 [B
So indeed, the braking hardware between 1.0 and 1.5L cars are different[/b]
I wonder why VW/Skoda has been silent about this. There are many people/YouTubers who mentioned that the 1.5 should've come with all-disc brakes and termed this move by VAG as 'cost-cutting'.
Agreed, they could've given all 4 discs, but larger discs also do the job, this would've been a justifiable reason..
There are many people who are in a misconception that both the engines have the same brakes.
Quote:
Brake pads which are almost twice as expensive perhaps bigger
If the 1.5 has a larger caliper, then it would have a larger brake pad. A larger brake pad means more surface contact with the rotor(which in this case is the disc itself) and better stopping potential. If the brake pads were of the same size as the 1L engine, then it's back to square one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks