Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 09:40   #586
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Hi all,

My cousin has recently bought a Skoda Slavia and I would like to gift him a basic dashcam. I'm thinking the qubo dashcam or something within that price range (3.5k) but I figured I should get some owner feedback too. I have heard that there are some issues with dashcams draining batteries when the car is off.

1) Can you guys please give me a recommendation for a dashcam in that range

2) Advice on how to avoid this battery draining issue

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st June 2022, 12:15   #587
BHPian

I would suggest to go for Skoda approved genuine accessories. There is a Blaupunkt dashcam. I have uploaded the Skoda Slavia accessories pdf file here. The dash cam is listed on that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SLAVIA-19-04-22.pdf (2.07 MB, 1064 views)
Old 1st June 2022, 15:46   #588
BHPian

It seems Skoda is out of stock on Carbon Steel Paint. Is it only Skoda that is facing these kinds of production issues or is it just poor production planning?

Quote:
"Carbon Steel production will resume in November."
Link
Old 1st June 2022, 20:03   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
It seems Skoda is out of stock on Carbon Steel Paint. Is it only Skoda that is facing these kinds of production issues or is it just poor production planning?

Link
They don't have stock of red paint also. The red color I booked has not been delivered even after 10 weeks and there is no delivery date committed by the dealership even after escalation. Looks like Skoda is soon going to say " you can have any color you want as long as it's blue"
Simply ridiculous planning.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:08   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
They don't have stock of red paint also. The red color I booked has not been delivered even after 10 weeks and there is no delivery date committed by the dealership even after escalation. Looks like Skoda is soon going to say " you can have any color you want as long as it's blue"
Simply ridiculous planning.
In a nutshell it seems a flop show with the India 2.0 strategy, reflecting in its sales figures too.

Skoda sees 11% decline in volumes against April 2022. Manages to dispatch just 4,604 units. (May)
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 00:13   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Link
Absolute load of bull. What do they think, would people wait till November for a carbon steel car? That too when as per what I was told, that's the second highest in demand after blue. That means the second largest chunk of sales would be gone. First, the unavailability of the 1.5 was masked as more than expected demand and Russia Ukraine war. After that they downgraded the music setup, and now a hot running color is unavailable. Leave alone semiconductors and powertrain, its paint for God's sake. Hope they don't claim that the paint had to come from Ukraine and that got destroyed in the war.

So either VW Skoda is showing some step-mother attitude towards the Indian market, or Zac Hollis has got an incompetent set of people who aren't living upto his India 2.0 dreams.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd June 2022 at 00:15.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 05:15   #592
BHPian

Hi all!

I am about to get my slavia 1.5 AT in 2 weeks. I need some advice here.

1. Is the tyres okay or do I need to swap them with MRF PREFENZA or some other brand?
2. I want to do door damping as outside noise I way too much. Lets say it's half in my verna 2019 model.
3. I want to upgrade to a 360 cam. My guy suggested to go with dhc brand. It's quite costly, around 32k. Is it worth it?

Kindly let me know if I am wrong

I'll be posting my ownership thread as well once I get the car.
Old 2nd June 2022, 09:30   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh12 View Post

1. Is the tyres okay or do I need to swap them with MRF PREFENZA or some other brand?
2. I want to do door damping as outside noise I way too much. Lets say it's half in my verna 2019 model.
3. I want to upgrade to a 360 cam. My guy suggested to go with dhc brand. It's quite costly, around 32k. Is it worth it?

Kindly let me know if I am wrong

I'll be posting my ownership thread as well once I get the car.
Congrats on the buy!

1) MRF Perfinza is good but I have a feeling the Michelins will be more quiet.Being a DSG, I'd suggest you to stick to stock size or a size that has very little deviation from the original tire circumference, preferably within 1%. This will prevent damages occurring from slipping the DSG clutch.
2) You may want to reconsider this option after upgrading to a quieter tire.
3) Ensure you don't get your warranty void in the process of installing this. Check with your dealer for more clarity.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:12   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Congrats on the buy!

1) MRF Perfinza is good but I have a feeling the Michelins will be more quiet.Being a DSG, I'd suggest you to stick to stock size or a size that has very little deviation from the original tire circumference, preferably within 1%. This will prevent damages occurring from slipping the DSG clutch.
2) You may want to reconsider this option after upgrading to a quieter tire.
3) Ensure you don't get your warranty void in the process of installing this. Check with your dealer for more clarity.
So you mean, I need to go with Michelin n and same size right?
yogesh12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 12:12   #595
BHPian

Prices have been increased for the Slavia. 30k for MT variants while 40k for the 1L Auto. The 1.5 versions get a price hike of 60k:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20220602-12.10.25-pm.png  

Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20220602-12.10.34-pm.png  

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 2nd June 2022 at 12:17.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 13:08   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Prices have been increased for the Slavia. 30k for MT variants while 40k for the 1L Auto. The 1.5 versions get a price hike of 60k:
With this price rise, Style 1.5 AT is 23L on-road in Bangalore! The prices are touching D-segment base models. For example, the price of Compass 1.4 MT Petrol is 23L(The quality levels in Compass are at another level). Plus, you can now only choose two colors, either Blue or White, the other 3 colors have severe short supplies with a few months waiting period. Of course, you get an older infotainment system, no wireless charging, and maybe regular speakers (instead of Skoda branded ones).
It was already launched at premium prices just 3 months back. This car doesn't make sense now
amit1agrawal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:00   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Of course, you get an older infotainment system, no wireless charging, and maybe regular speakers (instead of Skoda branded ones).
I spoke with my SA regarding the same. He has confirmed that apart from the reduction in the screen size of the head unit and the price increase, there are no other changes. Wireless charging remains, amplifier and the subwoofer remain. They are not being eliminated from the Slavia.

As of now, I am going ahead with my booking.

Also, this month, the Skoda maintenance package (Enhanced for the Automatic) is being given free of cost. That is worth of 44999/-. Although, I am not sure what is the difference between the SMP package that costs around 24999/-.
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:05   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
I spoke with my SA regarding the same. He has confirmed that apart from the reduction in the screen size of the head unit and the price increase, there are no other changes. Wireless charging remains, amplifier and the subwoofer remain. They are not being eliminated from the Slavia.
Zac confirmed that the new infotainment system doesn't support a subwoofer. I infer that it will not be provided (what's the use then).

Name:  Zac.png
Views: 1704
Size:  26.6 KB

Last edited by amit1agrawal : 2nd June 2022 at 15:07. Reason: TBHP logo is shadowing the response from Zac.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:09   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Zac confirmed that the new infotainment system doesn't support a subwoofer. I infer that it will not be provided (what's the use then).
I was not aware of this. I will have to talk to my SA again on this.
But then, the question will come - if not Slavia 1.5 DSG, then which other car?

Update:
Spoke with my SA. He confirmed that the new cars will not be getting amplifier or the subwoofer. So this is a dent in the in car entertainment system. This should have been fine with car of any other brand as we can get after market fitments. But I am skeptical for Skoda after having heard all the horror stories and don't want to take any chances to ruin my warranty.

After 10th of June, dealers will get the new updated cars in their showrooms. I can go and check the newer cars by myself once. In the meanwhile, I am leaving the booking as is. If I have to cancel the booking, I will cancel it only after checking the new cars in person.

Last edited by driverabhi : 2nd June 2022 at 15:25. Reason: Adding an update in the comment.
driverabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:30   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
I was not aware of this. I will have to talk to my SA again on this.
But then, the question will come - if not Slavia 1.5 DSG, then which other car?
Ask me! This is a question that I have been trying to answer for the last few months. Maybe I should sit under a banyan tree to get the much-needed enlightenment
I hope the production planning, delivery, and Go-to-market strategy is much better in the case of Virtus. It doesn't come with a sub-woofer so won't be affected by the new infotainment system & I hope they have enough stock of 1.5 TSI engine & powertrain and the paint.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed