Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 20:11   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post

Car/Vehicle screen
Attachment 2321794
Lack of interest from the brand is clearly visible here, the screen has been borrowed from the Russian Škoda Rapid, but they didn’t take some time to upgrade the car to the Slavia on the touchscreen.

With the Kushaq, atleast the car has been updated on the new touchscreen!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 20:16   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Lack of interest from the brand is clearly visible here, the screen has been borrowed from the Russian Škoda Rapid, but they didn’t take some time to upgrade the car to the Slavia on the touchscreen.

With the Kushaq, atleast the car has been updated on the new touchscreen!
Thanks for pointing that out. I hope a future software upgrade takes care of this.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 10:23   #693

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
Newer VAGs still feel premium in their respective segments, if not like earlier VAGs. They still have an edge in finesse, aesthetics (subjective), fit and finish in their respective segments.
Can't agree more, people are always complaining that the 2.0 Skodas don't feel like a true Skoda, and hence the competition is better. However the I find the interior(and ride) quality of the Kushaq/Taigun to be much better than the Creta. Recently, after coming home from a long drive in the Kushaq I went out in a friend's Creta later in the day, and oh boy it just wasn't close. The touchpoints were all scratchy, I'm not sure how people find creta to be have better interiors.

And yes, the 2.0 cars aren't like the first stint of skoda but everyone loves the old skoda quality, but nobody liked the old skoda prices!
turbogeek is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 18:14   #694
Senior - BHPian

Skoda dealership SGA Cars in Coimbatore delivered a total of 125 Slavia's in a single day on 17th June.

Skoda Slavia Review-20220618_181202.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-20220618_181204.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-20220618_181206.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-20220618_181209.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th June 2022 at 18:16.
Venkatesh is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 12:18   #695
BHPian

The length Skoda and its dealership are going for making a buzz.

I can't help but ask, Is it the same dealership which earlier also delivered a bunch of Slavias?
Old 19th June 2022, 16:10   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
Surprising for you, Vento was more reliable than the Hyundai
Why are people comparing Skodas with Hyundai all of a sudden? Hyundai (and possibly Kia too) cars have serious issues, especially with respect to the brakes and crash-worthiness. However, that does not automatically imply that VAG cars are trouble-free.

VAG cars have historically been very safe, and I'm hoping they haven't diluted safety for their 2.0 strategy. But it's a fact that they have reliability issues. Here's my breakdown of it:
  • Are VAG cars safe? Yes.
  • Are VAG cars reliable? No.
  • Are Hyundais safe? No.
  • Are Hyundais reliable? Doesn't seem like it of late.
Between Skoda and Hyundai, I'll definitely pick Skoda; getting stranded with a non-functional gearbox is better than no brakes or a bad crash.

There are plenty of cases (such as yourself) where VAG cars run fine. But it's a fact that VAGs tend to have a lot more failures. Sure, even Toyotas have broken down, but the failure-rate of Skoda is arguably higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Slavia is home early.
Congrats on the new ride. I'll be observing your review closely; long-term reliability of 1.5 manual is something I'm interested in. My City is starting to get long in the tooth.
voldemort is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 17:13   #697
BHPian

This comparison between safe and unsafe cars is just pointless without having a GNCAP score for reference. Personally I'll be happy to have a car with a smaller touchscreen but with a "seemingly better built structure" than a car with 100's of gizmos or "extra super super high strength steel" or such pointless marketing jargon.

High time Skoda/VW get the Slavia/Virtus and Taigun/Kushaq tested, it will definitely give their sales a boost. (The Tata Harrier testing rants will be saved for another thread )
John316_WRC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 21:01   #698
BHPian

Quote:
I checked out the new (or rather old) 8 inches infotainment system in Slavia.

First the Cons:
1. It looks a bit dated for 2022. The overall color theme, icons, UI/UX styling is a bit old style. However, it's not a deal-breaker.
Thanks for covering this new unit in great detail. From what it looks like, it seems the new 8" radio is similar to the VW Skoda Headunits on higher end models which have had a similar UI. On those, there are plenty of developer menus to try out new themes and skins tc.

I have a good feeling we'll be able to install new themes, skins and even more features on this one too.
fluidicjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 08:20   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoyal1996 View Post
The length Skoda and its dealership are going for making a buzz.

I can't help but ask, Is it the same dealership which earlier also delivered a bunch of Slavias?
Seems to be since the photos appear to be very similar.
Old 21st June 2022, 11:00   #700
BHPian

Quote:
I checked out the new (or rather old) 8 inches infotainment system in Slavia.
Thanks for the detailed review of this system. I prefer physical buttons as I find them a bit more hassle free to use rather than complete touch setup.

The bad thing about Skoda I feel is that they have a lot of caveats when you want to make upgrades which is not the case with Hyundai/Maruti (Both of them were open to install a range of systems in lower variants of Brezza & Creta).

I inquired about this system for my Kushaq Active Peace model as I felt it would gel well with the dashboard & they flatly refused stating different wire harnessing even when YouTube is full of videos of a host of different systems being installed in Kushaq without wire cut.

Any idea if this is an Android system & what are the hardware specs for this?
Old 21st June 2022, 13:28   #701

I just booked Ambition 1.0 AT from JMD Auto Kandivali. The SA informed that the 8inch infotainment system does not get covered under warranty along with other third party items like tyres, batteries etc. Is there a separate warranty for all these components which are third party manufactured that I can ask the dealer to provide or these components remain without warranty from day 1? Understand batteries generally do have some warranty and my main concern is what about the infotainment system warranty? SA told me it does not have any warranty which is very surprising!
Old 21st June 2022, 15:38   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered 3D mats through Skoda before delivery and was told that the lead time is going to be 2-3 weeks. But knowing their classic excuse about supply chain, I had also placed order for fabric mats from Elegant. I had brought their 3D Carpet mats for my Innova and was quite happy with the product. Hence, I went for the cheaper fabric only mats so that they could act as a temporary workaround. Since the car is relatively new, the showroom had to place order with the company and they made the mats in two weeks. Fitting is very good, if not perfect. I also got a mat for the boot which together costed 2700. The mats are thick and fit very well and since I hate rubber or plastic on the floor, this works very well for me.

Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20220621-3.22.09-pm-1.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20220621-3.22.09-pm-2.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-whatsapp-image-20220621-3.22.10-pm.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 17:58   #703
Senior - BHPian

It is quite a dilemma to choose between the Kushaq and the Slavia, considering that probably 80% of the parts, design and other elements are identical on both vehicles.

Though we are in the age of sub-compact SUVs in India, I am somehow inclined towards sedans. I guess a good TD of both cars will help to decide.

The only thing sure is the choice of engine. It will be the 1.5 engine with DSG.
Old 21st June 2022, 21:00   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I had ordered 3D mats through Skoda before delivery and was told that the lead time is going to be 2-3 weeks. But knowing their classic excuse about supply chain, I had also placed order for fabric mats from Elegant. I had brought their 3D Carpet mats for my Innova and was quite happy with the product. Hence, I went for the cheaper fabric only mats so that they could act as a temporary workaround. Since the car is relatively new, the showroom had to place order with the company and they made the mats in two weeks. Fitting is very good, if not perfect. I also got a mat for the boot which together costed 2700. The mats are thick and fit very well and since I hate rubber or plastic on the floor, this works very well for me.
I had to wait for a couple of weeks for the 3D mats from Škoda and finally went to their service center and picked it up along with the car cover. Car cover is good.

The mats do a nice job however there is no third piece for the rear which covers the tunnel! Why Škoda why?! I didn’t realise this initially and saw it only after coming home! Need to figure out an alternative option for this.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:02   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Need to figure out an alternative option for this.
May be use a simple Noodle Mat with a matching colour.
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks