Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2022, 22:34   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
What on earth would make both Skoda and Honda make such moves which am sure leaves a bad taste in consumer mindset. That too in recent products like Slavia.
This is because inflation is out of control across the world and the chip shortage is not completely resolved.

Does it look bad on Skoda/Honda? Yes, but then again they're here to make money and not do us a favor.

Let's see what Skoda's final statement on price protection is. If there is none, that's deplorable and shameful.
Turbohead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 22:53   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
I am baffled at anyone saying that people ought not care about things like head units if they want solid mechanicals.

Skoda/VW products do not feel premium and appear as compromised as any other product from any other manufacturer. Now premium means Hyundai or Kia or Jeep, and Mahindra with its new cars close behind, even Tata.
Let people choose what they want based on their priorities. What's important for you might not be important for others.

Some will cancel the booking of Slavia due to 8 inch screen and some will continue with the booking for 1.5 TSI engine or for any other reasons. There is nothing to be baffled about anyone's decision or view.

Personally I dont find anything premium in Hyundai or Kia. Say the quality of interiors is more or less same in Kushaq vs Taigun vs Creta vs Seltos. All of them have hard plastics all around with almost same quality.
Also Jeep (Compass) needs to be compared atleast with Octavia. And Octavia feels more premium than Compass. Again personal opinion.

Last edited by sunikkat : 24th May 2022 at 22:54.
sunikkat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 23:20   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
Hello,

I will be a Taigun GT Plus owner in a week's time. I have made the choice to go ahead with the DQ200 after measuring my risk appetite, current circumstances and other vehicle choices available. I had a query and would appreciate your response.

Can I get more details on the MY2021 vehicle that had a DQ200/Mechatronics failure in your post? That probably would be a low run vehicle and something that we should be aware of.

Thanks in advance.
MultiClutch Failure. Clutchpack and flywheel changed under warranty. Took 22 days for the entire warranty process. No replacement car offered(not that we needed one). Car had done 23000 kms. This was an Octavia purchased around feb(prolly the last lot)
devilwearsprada is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 23:46   #544
BHPian

My two cents on this hot topic would be that in the current market dynamics and circumstances, get a car only if you really really need one and you can’t put off the purchase by a few months. Irrespective of the brand, model, category of car it just doesn’t make sense to go through all this hassle, wait and follow ups.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 24th May 2022 at 23:48.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 23:56   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2K View Post
Wireless charging is not going to be removed according to this tweet.
Wouldn't it make sense to put out an official statement via a press release stating these are the exact changes that are going to happen rather than letting the rumour mill go crazy? These tweets aren't helping Skoda or the customer to know what is exactly going to happen 1st June onwards. I am completely unsure whether to go ahead with my booking as is or cancel it. Not a great situation to be in.
rahil_29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 09:12   #546
BHPian

In this forum, I saw at multiple places, on possibilities of DSG issues where buyer may have to spend good money once or twice when DSG goes bad. But there is no mention of amount that would be involved. Yesterday while taking test drive of Slavia DSG I asked this question to the Škoda guy to find out the costs involved from service center- specifically for Slavia DSG. He called someone and they kept on saying things have improved and there won’t be issues. Finally after my continuous requests they finally shared the costs-
1. They said normally one part is replaced when issue happens and that will cost 80k
2. In case underbody get damaged that effects DSG and whole DSG is replaced then it will cost 7Lac. But this should be covered by insurance
Can somebody throw some light on this.
And while doing test drive I was very much impressed with the cylinder cutoff tech as it worked several times while I was driving DSG on MG road.

Last edited by arvindtayal : 25th May 2022 at 09:20.
Old 25th May 2022, 10:04   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindtayal View Post
2. In case underbody get damaged that effects DSG and whole DSG is replaced then it will cost 7Lac. But this should be covered by insurance
Can somebody throw some light on this.
And while doing test drive I was very much impressed with the cylinder cutoff tech as it worked several times while I was driving DSG on MG road.
I have owned and drives a DSG car for the last six years. It has been running smoothly, so i don't know about replacement costs. However 7 lakh for gearbox replacement seem unbelievable, it's half the cost of the full car. On the other hand cylinder cut off technology is in the engine block, not in the gearbox. So manual transmission version should also have it. Please check with the SA.
Old 25th May 2022, 10:16   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
This is because inflation is out of control across the world and the chip shortage is not completely resolved.

Does it look bad on Skoda/Honda? Yes, but then again they're here to make money and not do us a favor.

Let's see what Skoda's final statement on price protection is. If there is none, that's deplorable and shameful.
Inflation on a high and chip shortage are known issues for sometime now. I am sure they would have done their homework prior to product launches.

Increasing prices without any price protection is not good. Earning money fine. Consumer too need not get any favour.

At the end of the day consumer is paying his hard earned money so sensibility should prevail in the form of some price protection.

Honda, Skoda or even Kia reg. Carens have done this and it definitely leaves us with a bad taste.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:09   #549
BHPian

I totally agree with this. I was doing the same and postpending my purchase but had to finally buy Skoda Slavia but only after my old Ertiga left me stranding twice in 1 month. Although its a risk as prices will keep on increasing due to inflation.

I have a feeling that this step of shifting to smaller screen size is influenced by both profit margins as well as chip shortage. I wished they have also changed touch screen AC controls. I am sure the touch controls need more chips than knob like controls they have used in new multimedia screen. This would also have elevated the user experience.

AC in my Slavia 1.0 AT is a big let down in the scorching heat of Jaipur, let me explain:
1. Compressor Auto cutoff is very frequent(auto start/stop is off) in bumper to bumper traffic and has no rhyme or reason based logic on which it does that.
2. AC blower noise in unbearable after fan speed 4.
3. Cabin never cools completely even after 1-2 hours of long drive, which forces you to keep the fan speed high which again lets you face the irritating sound made by blower

However I have found that by keeping the AC mode to manual and keeping the temperature around 18 helps. Also slightly pressing A pedal re-engages the AC compressor.

I wish and hope that Skoda makes a recall for this weak compressor.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2022 at 02:29.
CommitTran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 22:23   #550
BHPian

I've been following the new VW group twins from the beginning. Although, out of the two I'm more inclined towards Virtus. But reading all these comments from owners about poor AC performance is really sad. And the reason for that sadness is that VW committed big money for their much touted India 2.0 strategy and even then they missed getting an essential item like AC wrong! I mean, VW group has been in India for some time now and never got the AC so horribly wrong. And now when they specifically tailored cars for India, they get the AC wrong! One doesn't expect such incompetence from a leading car maker group.

I'm sure they'll come out with some update after all these feedbacks. But the people who have already taken delivery might have to live with it. I'm reminded of the initial lot of Fiat Linea (which we owned) which also did not have an AC capable of beating peak Indian summers. Their solution was installing a bigger condenser and that to quite an extent solved the issue. It'll be interesting to see how VW tackles this problem.
Old 26th May 2022, 02:01   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitTran View Post

AC in my Slavia 1.0 AT is a big let down in the scorching heat of Jaipur
I’ve read in a few posts that 1.5L variants of Slavia, Kushaq and Taigun don’t suffer from the AC issue.

Can anyone confirm this? Especially the ones who own 1.5L and live in Delhi or other scorching parts of North India!
Old 26th May 2022, 12:16   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I’ve read in a few posts that 1.5L variants of Slavia, Kushaq and Taigun don’t suffer from the AC issue.

Can anyone confirm this? Especially the ones who own 1.5L and live in Delhi or other scorching parts of North India!
Nope 1.5 L AC is not that bad. German/European cars tend to have weak AC compared to Japanese and Koreans. 1.0L is reporting more problems with the AC.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 12:32   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitTran View Post
AC in my Slavia 1.0 AT is a big let down in the scorching heat of Jaipur
Not sure what has changed in the Slavia (and the Taigun/Kushaq twins) that is hampering the AC performance so drastically. I drive a Vento with the same 1.0 TSI mill (2020 MY/ Manual Transmission) which has absolutely no issues cooling the cabin within minutes (on auto mode) even in this peak Delhi heat. In fact, the cooling does not even tend to affect the engine performance in a perceptible manner.

Last edited by SuvidC : 26th May 2022 at 12:33.
SuvidC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 12:41   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
Not sure what has changed in the Slavia (and the Taigun/Kushaq twins) that is hampering the AC performance so drastically.
Have been driving 1L Kushaq MT in Lucknow, Delhi- I am not feeling any issue with the AC cooling. It is cooling similar to what our Honda Brio used to, can be something to do with AT vs MT?
Old 26th May 2022, 12:51   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Have been driving 1L Kushaq MT in Lucknow, Delhi- I am not feeling any issue with the AC cooling. It is cooling similar to what our Honda Brio used to, can be something to do with AT vs MT?
I am comparing the AC efficiency with Nissan Micra, EcoSport and Honda City. Have you ever used the back seat?
AC inefficiency is more pronounced in back seat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks