Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2024, 12:50   #2041
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Odo has crossed 20k kms, the milestone comes under 10months. With Polo put on sale, the Slavia is doing city runs as well. The FE is just amazing! Consistently getting 15+ kmpl in NCR.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_0539.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_0792.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 14:52   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
The FE is just amazing! Consistently getting 15+ kmpl in NCR.
Amazing FE, but in NCR how are you managing 60+ average speed.
Old 20th February 2024, 18:33   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Amazing FE, but in NCR how are you managing 60+ average speed.
I stay in G.Noida. So my commute to Delhi involves Noida-G.Noida E-way + DND. By the time I reach Delhi the FE is above 20 and settles overall at 16 on return.

Other than that weekly runs to Gurgaon via EPE-WPE.

I am surrounded by expressways.
sinharishi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 13:28   #2044
BHPian

Hey everyone,

Yesterday, while heading out, I noticed a rattling noise coming from my Slavia. I can't quite pinpoint where it's coming from. It sounds similar to the clip posted in this post. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?

Old 25th February 2024, 12:15   #2045
BHPian

Question to fellow Slavia owners

I have covered 14,9xxkms in my 1.5 TSI and it is due for service this week, however just yesterday for the first time I got the “Check Engine Oil Level” alert for the first time and the yellow warning triangle on the instrument cluster is lit up.

I have 1 liter of engine oil with me, Should I open the oil cap and add some after checking the dipstick ?

Or

Should I just let the service center replace the engine oil during service this week and not use the car until the service appointment ?
Old 25th February 2024, 14:41   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

I have covered 14,9xxkms in my 1.5 TSI and it is due for service this week, however just yesterday for the first time I got the “Check Engine Oil Level” alert for the first time and the yellow warning triangle on the instrument cluster is lit up.

Should I just let the service center replace the engine oil during service this week and not use the car until the service appointment ?
First check the engine oil level, see if it's actually low, your car is due for service so if you top up it would be getting waste, if the level is low contact the service center regarding that, ask them what they suggest. But do not drive your car, low oil will damage your engine.

After 10k kilometers you should have topped up the engine oil, vw engines consume a bit of oil, it is mentioned in the owner's manual too. After this service keep an eye on the engine oil regularly.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 14:43   #2047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

I have 1 liter of engine oil with me, Should I open the oil cap and add some after checking the dipstick ?

Or

First thing, check the engine oil level with dipstick. Check and follow the steps given in the manual for checking it. Preferably let the car sit idle for some time at a levelled ground. This will ensure all circulating oil is back into the sump. Take out the dipstick. Wipe it with a clean cloth and reinsert in fully into the slot. Check the level on it now. If it’s too low, better to add some oil and then only drive the car to the ASC. If it’s marginally less, you may drive to the service centre.

Older VW/ Škoda engines were known to consume some oil. I don’t know if it is same.

Last edited by saket77 : 25th February 2024 at 14:45.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 15:01   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
First check the engine oil level, see if it's actually low, your car is due for service so if you top up it would be getting waste, if the level is low contact the service center regarding that, ask them what they suggest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
First thing, check the engine oil level with dipstick.
Thank you for the responses. Much apprecitated.

As my service appointment is not yet confirmed I thought of not risking it and adding some engine oil to get rid of the “Check Oil level alert”.

I started the car, let it idle for 3-4 minutes then let the car sit on a level ground for few mins. Checked the dipstick and the level was exactly at minimum mark, below the hatched portion. I added about 450ml of engine oil (0W20 508/509 spec) and checked the level in the dipstick after a min or so and the engine oil level is a little above halfway between min and max. Normal dipstick levels as per what I have read on the forum.

The alert in the MID is gone. So I guess I am good to use the car till I get it serviced.

Regarding not checking the oil level, well I believe in not messing with something that is working well so I did not want to unecessarily check the level despite being aware of the engine oil consumption in the TSI engines. Also I trust the built-in safety net warnings in modern cars and wanted to see if I get the check oil message (which I did).

Additionally from what I read in other owners experiences posted on the forum is after the warning the engine oil is at the minimum level on the dipstick, which signifies the minimum oil required for the engine to function without pressure loss otherwise I am sure the car would have thrown a check engine light. Overall, buying 1 liter of engine oil paid off.

Last edited by Shanksta : 25th February 2024 at 15:03.
Shanksta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 15:42   #2049
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^For critical stuff like engine oil and coolant, I would always suggest periodic physical inspection instead of trusting the electronic warnings.
I suggest you get the car serviced ASAP (and not delay it since the MID warning is gone) and get the oil changed and filled to max.

Last edited by saket77 : 25th February 2024 at 15:44.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 16:24   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
^^^For critical stuff like engine oil and coolant, I would always suggest periodic physical inspection instead of trusting the electronic warnings.
I suggest you get the car serviced ASAP (and not delay it since the MID warning is gone) and get the oil changed and filled to max.
Yes, definitely agree. Will be servicing the car this week as it has run just 96kms short of 15,000kms.
Shanksta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 02:41   #2051

More stickers jobs!

If facelift isn't on the cards, they could at least do minimal upgrades like

•*Better rear camera quality
•*Improve fit and quality of interiors from the creaky ones.
•*Unlock electronic features like
- all auto windows
- remote start and windows down function
•*cabin and hood insulation
•*Improve AC performance
•*USB for dashcam.
•*Felt cover for door pockets.
• Better horn
• Smoother creep movement
•*Complete the tail lap puzzle piece (Picture attached)

Skoda Slavia Review-slaviaexteriorclosedboottrunk-copy.png

But NO! Let's add a few stickers and call it day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda India has launched the Slavia Style Edition at Rs 19.13 lakh (ex-showroom).

Based on the top-spec Style variant and limited to just 500 units, the sedan gets a dual dash camera and other feature additions.

Attachment 2572741

Attachment 2572742

Link
gauthampait is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 22:20   #2052
BHPian

Hello All,

Looks like all the USB C ports and the 12v charger port are powered on even when the car is switched off. Which means if we connect a dashcam it will be taking power and can drain the battery. Is my understanding right?

So is the only option hardwiring it directly to the fuse box? (other than disconnecting the wires when we switch off the engine and step out)

Pls suggest.

Thanks.
Old 27th February 2024, 00:05   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Hello All,

Looks like all the USB C ports and the 12v charger port are powered on even when the car is switched off. Which means if we connect a dashcam it will be taking power and can drain the battery. Is my understanding right?

So is the only option hardwiring it directly to the fuse box? (other than disconnecting the wires when we switch off the engine and step out)

Pls suggest.

Thanks.
The USB is not powered always, the 12v socket is. Hardwiring is a good option as the wires get neatly tucked away, at least for me. I didn't want my baby daughter to yank the cables and ruin them.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 20:19   #2054
BHPian

Many members here have talked about rolling up the windows by long pressing the key fob lock button in Slavia, but I am unable to use this feature. Also, how to activate the one-touch up-down for the driver window?

Please help with these two. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st March 2024 at 20:59. Reason: Typos and formatting.
Old 2nd March 2024, 00:10   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitadru View Post
Many members here have talked about rolling up the windows by long pressing the key fob lock button in Slavia, but I am unable to use this feature. Also, how to activate the one-touch up-down for the driver window?

Please help with these two. Thanks in advance.
Window control with the key fob requires VCDS/OBD11 adaptations. One touch up/down is there from factory for the driver side window.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks