Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 11:01   #1891
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
No harm in asking for more. Competition has gotten tough and now people have ample options from competitors. IMO, the 2024 model price sounds decent. The 2023 model could be discounted more as it's an outgoing one. By more, I mean 1 lakh rupee discount because no one will prefer it now.
Very basic question - How to differentiate between 2023 and 2024 models, given that the current calendar year is 2023?
Old 17th November 2023, 11:22   #1892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
Very basic question - How to differentiate between 2023 and 2024 models, given that the current calendar year is 2023?
For the style variant specifically, you’ll see
  1. Electric seat adjustment for the front seats (2024) instead of manual adjustment (2023)
  2. Footwell lamps (2024)
  3. Subwoofer in the boot (2024)

Also, 2024 models must have been manufactured starting from September. You can check your VIN to find out.
800-1.2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 11:34   #1893

Any update till now???
Old 17th November 2023, 11:44   #1894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyansrinivasg View Post
Any update till now???
Off Topic: Update about? Best to quote the query you are asking for a response or with little more of information.
Old 17th November 2023, 12:00   #1895

Even after updating my S23 ultra to One UI 6 - its still the same :'(

The version of my infotainment is 1790
Old 18th November 2023, 00:52   #1896
BHPian

15,000 KMs Service Update:

• Booked appointment with Brite Skoda (Noida) 2-days prior to Service day. Right after booking a message was sent to me confirming appointment along with SA's name and number.
  • Day before the service, WhatsApp group created with 8 members (including me). I could only identify my SA, have no idea who the rest 6 members are.
  • Had booked first slot @ 9:30am. Reached SC at 9:15am. Photos were taken, odometer reading was noted down, I was asked if there are any issues to report and job card was created.
  • Car was taken in, went straight to service bay first. My request to stand next to the car was denied, however I was told I can keep visiting the service floor and will be called when the oil is drained/changed.
  • An estimated bill was provided to me amounting to INR 1,239.00 which included WA WB and 1.5 TSI Badge. I have taken SMP so everything was covered under it apart from extras.
  • By lunch car was ready, handed over to me. I denied washing and cleaning and took it to Sparklers car wash (Great India Palace). Highly recommended place!
  • Final bill came to INR 1,589.00. They fixed the off centre steering wheel. Oil and air filter was changed. Airbag Module software was updated.
  • All customers waiting in the lounge were offered lunch! Overall the experience was good.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8424.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8433.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8455.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_8453.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 18th November 2023 at 01:00.
sinharishi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 04:18   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Even after updating my S23 ultra to One UI 6 - its still the same :'(

The version of my infotainment is 1790
Yup, the latest update version is 1800 and it finally fixes the issue with Android auto for S23 series.
Old 19th November 2023, 01:12   #1898
BHPian

The first issue cropped up in my 15 day old slavia. I had taken it out for a short drive for 40-50 kms in the early evening and came home and parked the car. As soon as I reached home, I could hear the anti theft alarm being set off. I ran to check the car and the parking lights were blinking. The anti theft alarm is pretty loud. I unlocked the car and checked around the car for any animals (cars/dogs) or rats that might have triggered it. Locked the car again after 5 mins and went up.

The alarm went off again after 10 mins. I again rushed down to the parking and unlocked the car. This time, I opened the hood and checked it thoroughly. I even started the car and then turned it off after couple of mins and locked it. I waited down for around 15 mins and the alarm went off again . Now anxiety had started creeping in as the alarm had gone off 3 times in like 45 mins. I got more worried as it was already 9 pm and was dreading the alarm going off at midnight. I guess the service centre will be closed tomorrow. I have scanned Slavia as well as Octavia thread and have found out that many owners have faced this issue.

I will be speaking to the service centre for this. If this is a common issue, why has there been no software fix for this . I am sure this must be a bug in one of the sensors. Skoda should release a patch for the same too.

Any suggestions on how to fix the said issue? As members have reported that even Skoda has not been able to pin point the exact issue.

Last edited by AlokSharma : 19th November 2023 at 01:14.
AlokSharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 10:47   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Any suggestions on how to fix the said issue? As members have reported that even Skoda has not been able to pin point the exact issue.
I faced the same issue during my first 10-15 days of ownership. Luckily, the issue hasn't repeated itself since last 2 months. I thought it was just with my car.

Last edited by graaja : 19th November 2023 at 11:16. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Oenemaus666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 11:46   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
The first issue cropped up in my 15-day-old Slavia. I had taken it out for a short drive of 40-50 km in the early evening and came home and parked the car. As soon as I reached home, I could hear the anti-theft alarm being set off.

I am sure this must be a bug in one of the sensors. Skoda should release a patch for the same too.

Any suggestions on how to fix the said issue?
This isn't a glitch; it's a result of the idle start/stop system. When you come to a stop, the system automatically turns off the engine. However, the car hasn't actually been switched off; it's just the idle start/stop system at work. Consequently, you might think you've turned off the car, exit, and lock it. After a while, the anti-theft system activates to alert you that the car has been left running.

Last edited by MotorDev : 20th November 2023 at 11:47.
MotorDev is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 12:19   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
This isn't a glitch; it's a result of the idle start/stop system. When you come to a stop, the system automatically turns off the engine. However, the car hasn't actually been switched off; it's just the idle start/stop system at work. Consequently, you might think you've turned off the car, exit, and lock it. After a while, the anti-theft system activates to alert you that the car has been left running.
That's a saviour. As it is the idle start /stop system is quite aggressive. I will keep the same in mind next time. Thank you.

In the meanwhile, I had ordered the Pharoah 3d Hexalock Floor mats and received them yesterday. They are of extremely good quality and has a snug fit. Looks quite premium . The packaging was excellent too. Attaching the pictures below.

Packaging Box
Skoda Slavia Review-20231119_111241.jpg

Rear leg space floormats
Skoda Slavia Review-20231119_112834.jpg

Driver side floor mats
Skoda Slavia Review-20231119_113048.jpg

Front passenger side floormat
Skoda Slavia Review-20231119_113305.jpg
AlokSharma is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 13:02   #1902

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Yup, the latest update version is 1800 and it finally fixes the issue with Android auto for S23 series.
Tats awesome brother
do you personally use s23 or do you know anyone who's issue is fixed post updation???

I'll book an appointment immediately.
Old 20th November 2023, 19:01   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Tats awesome brother
do you personally use s23 or do you know anyone who's issue is fixed post updation???

I'll book an appointment immediately.
I use it personally, an S23 Ultra. I'm not sure if the update is already available at the service centre, but you can check with them before booking an appointment. I did the update myself by downloading the firmware from another international forum. I'm not sure if posting the link or the software here is allowed, I don't want to violate the forum's rules.

Last edited by StripleRider03 : 20th November 2023 at 19:02.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 20:16   #1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I use it personally, an S23 Ultra. I'm not sure if the update is already available at the service centre, but you can check with them before booking an appointment. I did the update myself by downloading the firmware from another international forum. I'm not sure if posting the link or the software here is allowed, I don't want to violate the forum's rules.
Thanks again for your very quick revert - do you use 8inch infotainment or 10 inch??
Old 20th November 2023, 21:57   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again for your very quick revert - do you use 8inch infotainment or 10 inch??
I have the 8 inch system in my car.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks