Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 09:04   #1801
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am having the same problem. PPF installers are saying No for this area for PPF. Not sure what to do, but this area in Piano Black is genuinely too soft and and gets scratched even with air I feel.

Rachit
When I got my PPF done, he has covered the area around the gear lever as well. He said it is a slightly different kind which can be applied dry.
StripleRider03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 09:17   #1802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am having the same problem. PPF installers are saying No for this area for PPF. Not sure what to do, but this area in Piano Black is genuinely too soft and and gets scratched even with air I feel.

Rachit
I have installed gloss black PPF in that area and it looks much better and like a real piano black finish now. I applied it dry but a little water spray will not do much harm actually.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 10:12   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
Thanks for the alert, MotorDev. I did not get any message from Skoda, so I looked it up on their page and it said my car needs an update.
Got it done at Mody Skoda last Saturday. All three updates were done a) Airbag module, b) Driver side window, c) Cooling effectiveness. Took about 3 hours.

They also said the owner's manual has been updated and needs to be changed. The old one needs to be surrendered, to receive the new one. I don't see any immediate visual differences and I'm not sure what are the exact changes on the new one.
Vibhav-Van is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 10:12   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
After driving 13.5K kms in 5.5 months and having the AC update done I will honestly suggest to stay away from the car if AC performance is your primary requirement. It takes its own time to cool the cabin in Delhi/NCR heat.

I try to not park in under direct sun. At home we have covered parking, have been using window shades (Official Skoda accessory) to make it better but the AC is very poor.
Do you believe applying one of those good sunfilms/window films would enable cooling of the cabin faster?

Since I am going to receive the delivery of the car next week, I am in the process of listing out accesories to be bought for the car. I guess if one applies those window films/sunfilms along with window shades, cooling should be a little faster. Thinking of doing the same. Can anyone give suggestions?

Thanks.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:14   #1805
BHPian

Regarding the AC performance of this absolutely brilliant vehicle, here's an interesting incident. I live in a National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) campus in Uttarakhand. The climate is pretty cool here, not hilly area cool but still miles better than most places. The GM of the campus was provided with a 2010 Innova which was doing its duty fine but still due for replacement. Due to the sky-high pricing of the current gen, they decided to go for Slavia instead. It's used locally for the most part but it has to make two trips per month to Faridabad and back. It was purchased in April (FY2023) and is already up for sale due to pathetic AC performance. That's how bad it is...
Old 17th October 2023, 11:43   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Do you believe applying one of those good sunfilms/window films would enable cooling of the cabin faster?

Since I am going to receive the delivery of the car next week, I am in the process of listing out accesories to be bought for the car. I guess if one applies those window films/sunfilms along with window shades, cooling should be a little faster. Thinking of doing the same. Can anyone give suggestions?

Thanks.
I am using the Skoda's window shades on all 4 windows, rear 3 quarters and rear window. I would still not say the AC is good.
As my daily commute includes only me, it seems ok esp with the current weather.
I also use the ventilated seats every day as it helps keeping it cooler though there is additional noise.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:55   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
I am using the Skoda's window shades on all 4 windows, rear 3 quarters and rear window. I would still not say the AC is good.
As my daily commute includes only me, it seems ok esp with the current weather.
I also use the ventilated seats every day as it helps keeping it cooler though there is additional noise.
I am looking to install Garware Ice cool or Artic cool to cut down some heat so that cooling is tad better once I get the delivery of my vehicle. I also hope that in the new model MY24, they have taken all these feedbacks and improved upon the shortcomings in the car. We have already seen the area around gear level changed to matte above. Hoping to see similar changes.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:32   #1808
BHPian

Some very damning feedback on AC!!!

I am also planning to buy one (wife can't put finger on any other car post extensive TD), however, hoping Skoda VW comes out with a better fix for AC.
With global warming looming upon us, the climate is going to get hotter only from hereon.
I sincerely hope, it is not a weak compressor they have put in, instead it is a software setting to extract higher mileage.

With higher cooling requirement, I hope they will be able to fix the cooling issue even if it is at the expense of efficiency.

Leaving my options open even thought very difficult to do so.
Old 17th October 2023, 13:12   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
I sincerely hope, it is not a weak compressor they have put in, instead it is a software setting to extract higher mileage.
It sure is, making the change through VCDS fixes this issue, maybe not on par with the Japs, but damn close and much, much better than the stock setting.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:22   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
It sure is, making the change through VCDS fixes this issue, maybe not on par with the Japs, but damn close and much, much better than the stock setting.
Thanks! If I end up buying this car, will keep VCDS driven change as the last resort. Don't want take the risk of tempering with warranty, unless my girls stop traveling in the car as the rear seat riders.

Before VCDS, will bring sun shades, sun films (if legal), etc. into play.
Explorer... is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 15:57   #1811

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have installed gloss black PPF in that area and it looks much better and like a real piano black finish now. I applied it dry but a little water spray will not do much harm actually.
Could you please let me know where in Bangalore you got this done? I may be getting delivery of my vehicle in a couple of weeks and this should probably be one of the first few things I do.

Thanks!
Old 17th October 2023, 17:51   #1812
BHPian

Hey guys,

Is it okay to use Motul Specific 0W20 engine oil ? I am leaving on a long road trip the coming weekend and having read the low oil warning alert comes at around 7-10k kms for the 1.5TSI( which my car will easily complete by the time I am back home), thought of carrying 1L engine oil as a safety measure, just incase there is no Skoda service center within 100kms of getting the warning.

I have a mechanic that is a distributor for Motul oil amd also saw online that they have a very specific engine oil made to suit VWs newer generation of engines, hence wanted to check here before I make the purchase.

Thank you in advance !

Last edited by Shanksta : 17th October 2023 at 17:56.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 18:22   #1813
BHPian

Update at 20k km of my 1.0 active manual. No issues touch wood except for a minor noise on shutdown that appears ac system related. Car still feels rock solid. . Thinking of osram 4300k warm led for the low beam since plug and play is said to be warranty compliant.(checked twice). The draw will also be less.
Old 17th October 2023, 18:39   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hey guys,

Is it okay to use Motul Specific 0W20 engine oil ? I am leaving on a long road trip the coming weekend and having read the low oil warning alert comes at around 7-10k kms for the 1.5TSI( which my car will easily complete by the time I am back home), thought of carrying 1L engine oil as a safety measure, just incase there is no Skoda service center within 100kms of getting the warning.

I have a mechanic that is a distributor for Motul oil amd also saw online that they have a very specific engine oil made to suit VWs newer generation of engines, hence wanted to check here before I make the purchase.

Thank you in advance !
Should be fine for emergencies but please do not wait for the light!. Check the dipstick now. I am using a 1l can of mannol 7722- a german oil rated for 508/509 spec as the back up. Its expensive but available on amazon. As per manual you can even use a small quantity of the previous vw spec for emergencies.

Last edited by peugeot96 : 17th October 2023 at 18:42.
peugeot96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 20:40   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800-1.2 View Post
Could you please let me know where in Bangalore you got this done? I may be getting delivery of my vehicle in a couple of weeks and this should probably be one of the first few things I do.

Thanks!
I got it done from RedLine Car Care, a friend of mine owns it. You can PM me when you plan to drop in and I'll keep him informed.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks