Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 10:51   #1816
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

All set for foggy winters! Got Drivn 4300K LEDs installed in fog lamps.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7590.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7587.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-img_7588.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:08   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Hi,

Can you share your brief review of the wolfbox i07?

I had shortlisted ddpai x5pro. I wanted to know as to how your experience is with the wolfbox i07 and the UI and video quality. Is the video quality good enough to read license plate at night at 2.5k?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Alok,

I apologise for replying late. The camera has a screen and is very easy to use. The footage is very clear, be it day or night. I haven't exactly paid attention to the number plate visibility at night, I will download some night footage from the card and keep you updated. The app connects very easily to the camera, but the download of footage takes a while, which I feel could've been better.

Other than that, along with the parking mode when hardwired, I find this to be one of the best options available at a reasonable price. Added advantage is the 3rd camera to record inside the car.

Last edited by StripleRider03 : 22nd October 2023 at 08:09. Reason: Adding more info
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:43   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Hi Alok,

I apologise for replying late. The camera has a screen and is very easy to use. The footage is very clear, be it day or night. I haven't exactly paid attention to the number plate visibility at night, I will download some night footage from the card and keep you updated. The app connects very easily to the camera, but the download of footage takes a while, which I feel could've been better.

Other than that, along with the parking mode when hardwired, I find this to be one of the best options available at a reasonable price. Added advantage is the 3rd camera to record inside the car.
Thanks for your review.

Along with the wolfbox i07, I am also looking at the newly launched A229 plus and pro. Both are Sony starvis 2 sensors front and rear camera both and hdr. Though priced on the on the higher side due to the sensor, I am just evaluating among these three.

Wolfbox i07 is excellent value for money.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:21   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
All set for foggy winters! Got Drivn 4300K LEDs installed in fog lamps.
Brand of the bulb? I am looking to change the low beams on mine just for fun Shortlisted osram 4300k
Old 24th October 2023, 14:04   #1820

Hi,

Does anyone know if the sound 'amplifier' is also introduced under the passenger seat with the new electric seats + sub-woofer variants of Slavia? VW Virtus has an amplifier mentioned on their website as a new feature.

Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot-20231024-140137.png

Thanks, Piyush.
Old 25th October 2023, 16:18   #1821

Hello my fellow BHPians,

First of all, let me thank each and every one of you for the constant guidance and knowledge you have been imparting through this forum and making it easy for people like me to finalize a new car. It is a very daunting and exhausting task to weigh all the pros and cons of a product and finally bite the bullet and book the car. I have done the same over the course of 2 months and booked the new Skoda Slavia Style 1.0 AT in Lava Blue color. I had planned on buying the SUV version of the VAG twins, but ended by finalizing the sedan as I simply fell in love with the driving, dynamics and comfort of the vehicle. The car is fresh off the production line (October 2023 manufacture) with the new additional features like Electric seats, footwell illumination, subwoofer. The delivery is expected in 1st week of November.

I am not gonna lie, I would have been duped easily had I not constantly referred to TeamBHP forums, as the dealer was quoting me extra for Lava Blue color while trying to pass off Anniversary edition kit for a higher premium and meager discounts. Thanks to this forum and few calls to the SKODA customer care, I was able to secure a very good deal where the dealer is giving me 75K discount with insurance of my choice. He even made the essential accessories optional which I was adamant upon as I am very finicky about the accessories. The SMP is still not a freebie as it is available only on select variants like 1.5 Ambition and MY23 version cars.
  • Coming to the point now, I would like to ask whether I should deposit some amount for PDI?, as the dealer is hesitant to provide one without any payment. The car is in the stockyard and the dealer has expressed that I should deposit some token amount (Rs. 1.0 lakh) so that I don't back off and cancel the booking. The rest of the amount will be transferred after the PDI. The thing which is putting me off is that the car will be driven 14kms from the stockyard to the showroom and as discussed with the showroom manager, it is a standard practice and in case of any damage/accident the showroom will make the necessary repairs but won't replace the vehicle outright. So kindly suggest a course of action which would be beneficial to me as we have witnessed a case earlier where the car's panel was repainted and the dealer failed to acknowledge any wrongdoing.
  • Secondly, I am planning to get a good 2 channel front and rear dashcam installed, probably VIOFO A229 PLUS, and the showroom has agreed to fit it for me at a cost of Rs. 2000/-. I am eager to use the PARKING MODE feature in case of any mischief, collision in parking area. My question is whether it will void the car's warranty even if I get the dashcam hardwired by the SKODA service center? Is it safe to hardwire the dashcam through OBD port? If yes, then please confirm if anybody has done it successfully without any issues.
  • Finally, I would welcome any other suggestions regarding the process with some healthy nitpicking. I am quite excited to welcome the new car in my family and will share the post delivery experience as soon as I get my hands on the beauty.

Regards,

Malay

Last edited by Aditya : 25th October 2023 at 20:36. Reason: minor spacing for improved readability
SpikeSpiegel26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 19:08   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushkdwivedi View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if the sound 'amplifier' is also introduced under the passenger seat with the new electric seats + sub-woofer variants of Slavia?
The Slavia always had an amplifier along with the 10-inch subwoofer setup, and it still features this setup.
MotorDev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 20:11   #1823

Quote:
I just saw a video of the new matte edition on YouTube where he mentions that the same part has been replaced by a matte finish. I will have to check if they have done that on all MY24 cars after taking some feedback. I am attaching the screenshot below.
I can confirm that even the non-matte version of the MY24 car has matte finish! Attaching a pic from my PDI below.

Skoda Slavia Review-img_3002.jpeg
800-1.2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 21:07   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peugeot96 View Post
Brand of the bulb? I am looking to change the low beams on mine just for fun Shortlisted osram 4300k
Oops. So drivn is a auto lighting brand. You learn something new everyday.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th October 2023 at 10:53. Reason: Please avoid typing...like...this. Thanks.
peugeot96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 21:53   #1825

Does the infotainment system switch on only when the car is running? I assumed it could be used just with the ignition on (one push of the engine start/stop button) but it was only switching on when I start the car. Is this the normal behavior?
Old 25th October 2023, 22:03   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the point now, I would like to ask whether I should deposit some amount for PDI?, as the dealer is hesitant to provide one without any payment. The car is in the stockyard and the dealer has expressed that I should deposit some token amount (Rs. 1.0 lakh) so that I don't back off and cancel the booking. The rest of the amount will be transferred after the PDI. The thing which is putting me off is that the car will be driven 14kms from the stockyard to the showroom and as discussed with the showroom manager, it is a standard practice and in case of any damage/accident the showroom will make the necessary repairs but won't replace the vehicle outright. So kindly suggest a course of action which would be beneficial to me as we have witnessed a case earlier where the car's panel was repainted and the dealer failed to acknowledge any wrongdoing.
It's is completely normal for him to ask a token amount before you do a PDI. The variants which are in high demand are sometimes only picked up from the plant after you pay a substantial amount these days( it has become a norm not that something I like). It is also normal for the vehicle to be driven from the stockyard to the showroom for the delivery. Post you pay either the whole amount or majority of the on road price once you complete the PDI, the car will go in for registration which should take anywhere between 3-7 working days depending on the time of the year i.e. festive period or non festive period for him to finalize your delivery date.

Quote:
Secondly, I am planning to get a good 2 channel front and rear dashcam installed, probably VIOFO A229 PLUS, and the showroom has agreed to fit it for me at a cost of Rs. 2000/-. I am eager to use the PARKING MODE feature in case of any mischief, collision in parking area. My question is whether it will void the car's warranty even if I get the dashcam hardwired by the SKODA service center? Is it safe to hardwire the dashcam through OBD port? If yes, then please confirm if anybody has done it successfully without any issues.
Unfortunately, hardwiring will void your warranty according to majority of the OEMs. You can get a portable lithium phosphate battery to connect it overnight. A 20000-25000 mh batter should last you anywhere between 20-30 hours.

Quote:
Finally, I would welcome any other suggestions regarding the process with some healthy nitpicking. I am quite excited to welcome the new car in my family and will share the post delivery experience as soon as I get my hands on the beauty.
You can consider getting either a ppf or a ceramic coat once you get the car depending on your budget. It will help you keep the car scratch free, free from swirl marks and a ceramic coat will give you hydrophobic properties to the paint of your car.
Old 25th October 2023, 23:11   #1827
BHPian

I finally did the PDI of the my car today. Initially the dealer was skeptical of allowing Zekardo to put in their obd device for the PDI but then later said that they will be unlocking the car at the workshop and we can see information via their scanning device. Since the VW & Skodas dealers get delivery of the car into their stockyard in a protective sheet over the paint with some of the features locked like speed of the car is restricted to 40kmph etc, they have to unlock the car at the respective service workshop/stockyard.

Zekardo did a fantastic job checking all the little details of the car right from paint quality throughout the car, the tyre related stuff like week and year of manufacturing, all the electricals, infotainment system etc. They ideally attach their own OBD device to check all the sensors and manually also verify if the odometer is not tampered with. In the end they rated the car defect free with only small niggles related to a nail scratch behind the door handle on the driver side and some small blistering related to paint just beneath the hood where it locks and unlocks and said it is not something to be bothered about.

The car is a Oct 2023 manufactured 1.5 DSG Lava Blue Style variant and all the tyres were Ceat Secura with it being manufactured in the 41st week of 2023 i.e.1st week of Oct 2023. The spare one is though a Good year assurance triple max 2. It does get electric seats and the console around the gear lever is indeed in matte finish with the subwoofer being there in between the spare tyre.

Overall completely satisfied with the overall PDI done by Zekardo and would definitely recommend them. The Sales Consultant was also present at the time of PDI at the workshop.

Post the PDI, I transferred the balance amount apart from the loan disbursed to the dealer and now will ideally be receiving the delivery of the car in the middle of next week.

Attaching a few pictures. The car was indeed a little dusty but was assured that it would be foam washed and polished before the delivery.

Eagerly awaiting to take the delivery next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-img20231025wa004401.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-img20231025wa004201.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-20231025_17264401.jpeg  

Skoda Slavia Review-20231025_17510401.jpeg  

AlokSharma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 00:18   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
I finally did the PDI of the my car today. Initially the dealer was skeptical of allowing Zekardo to put in their obd device for the PDI but then later said that they will be unlocking the car at the workshop and we can see information via their scanning device.

Eagerly awaiting to take the delivery next week.
Congratulations on getting a great PDI result.
The dealer and workshop looks like the Dr Auto Skoda workshop from Turbhe. I visit there for my Rapid. Yet to see the Lava Blue in person. Will be keeping an eye out for your Slavia in Navi Mumbai.
PrasadS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 10:22   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Congratulations on getting a great PDI result.
The dealer and workshop looks like the Dr Auto Skoda workshop from Turbhe. I visit there for my Rapid. Yet to see the Lava Blue in person. Will be keeping an eye out for your Slavia in Navi Mumbai.
Hi,

It is indeed Dr Auto Skoda. Apart from the delay in vehicle allocation primarily due to plant shut down from maintenance, I have had a good experience with them so far. How has your experience been with them with regards to service?

Yes, the lava blue looks different in pictures and completely different in person.
Old 26th October 2023, 11:46   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

It is indeed Dr Auto Skoda. Apart from the delay in vehicle allocation primarily due to plant shut down from maintenance, I have had a good experience with them so far. How has your experience been with them with regards to service?

Yes, the lava blue looks different in pictures and completely different in person.
Hi Alok
Congratulations on getting allotment and great PDI result. I was wondering if you could clarify whether amplifier is also being given in new MY24 models apart from Sub-woofer as is the case with Virtus. Additionally, if possible could you share a breakup of final costing as I am looking to finalize within a month or so.

Regards
Eragon92
eragon92 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks