Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 10:51   #1906

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I have the 8 inch system in my car.
If you can forward me the link on how to update the software in infotainment system to my mail ID i.e. kalyanbond@gmail.com - it would be great!!!

you're my only hope
Old 21st November 2023, 16:02   #1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
I have read and seen couple of such issues online related to the clutch in the manual 1.5. So they have either not kept themselves updated or are just bluffing.

See the video below. Fast forward to 2 mins 30 seconds where the discuss the same issue of clutch sticking and not coming back up.

https://https://Youtu.be/EqpLeCVN3_A?si=t33iyMByjYHGcwbz

Guess this couple faced the issue later one more time in a 2nd video posted by them. Fast forward to 1 mins 30 seconds.

https://Youtu.be/B9X71KyMRt0?si=hXgFz_qXx0HkdCt2

So continue the persistent follow up with them and create an account on social media forums like Twitter. Highlighting the same on social media will definitely create an impact.

Thank you for sharing the link , it helped me bring up the subject to my local dealer who initially were not aware of such cases happening elsewhere .

As of now it’s been a week my car has been left at the work shop .They have replaced the sleeve cylinder but it did not fix the issue , the next step according to the service manager is to replace the master cylinder and hose related to the component.
My worry now is that what difference would it make since they have had these components replaced already . Also I have had a word with my local Volkswagen Dealer with whom I have a very good relationship because I take my 2009 Volkswagen Beetle there , what they say is these issues have been reported with some 1.0 tsi manual cars as well , also on the contrary they take 3 to 4 days to fix it , while discussing the same with Skoda’s local technician , his words were a bit saddening that Volkswagen dealers get priority when it comes to part orders and also the stages of resolving defects are much less , Well I don’t know whom to believe at this point . I have my fingers crossed and hope they fix my car, meanwhile they have left me with a loaner car which is a Skoda Khusaq 1.5 dsg which is a brilliant car.
Thegreyghost006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 21:31   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyansrinivasg View Post
If you can forward me the link on how to update the software in infotainment system to my mail ID i.e. kalyanbond@gmail.com - it would be great!!!

you're my only hope
Sent you the mail, please reach out if you need any help.
Old 22nd November 2023, 15:57   #1909

Quote:
I will be speaking to the service centre for this. If this is a common issue, why has there been no software fix for this . I am sure this must be a bug in one of the sensors. Skoda should release a patch for the same.
Did you find any resolution to the problem? I connected the dongle 2 days back and have faced this problem 4 times at random. The car alarm would set off for no reason at all. I checked for cats lurking beneath the car but found nothing. The car is parked near the garden area at my relatives place since 2 days.
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:41   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpiegel26 View Post
Did you find any resolution to the problem? I connected the dongle 2 days back and have faced this problem 4 times at random. The car alarm would set off for no reason at all. I checked for cats lurking beneath the car but found nothing. The car is parked near the garden area at my relatives place since 2 days.
Hey so the said problem has not repeated itself after that day.

Post no 1900 by MotorDev has provided a solution for the same. I see to it that I follow the same by switching off the idle start/stop.

Regarding Skoda connect, I am still not able to connect to the same as the dealer has to still complete some formalities regards to it on their portal. This is what I was told. It's been 20 days since I took delivery.

I have even paid for the enhanced service care package. Does anyone know by when we recieve an offical communication regarding the same from Skoda. It is more than 2 weeks since I paid for them.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 22:41   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
I have even paid for the enhanced service care package. Does anyone know by when we recieve an offical communication regarding the same from Skoda. It is more than 2 weeks since I paid for them.
Mine took a couple of hours to activate and the same was reflecting in the MySkoda application as well. The dealer told me to wait for 72 hours after delivery, post which they sent me the link to make the payments directly on a portal. 2 weeks is a really long time, must be negligence on the dealer's part.

Regarding SkodaConnectED, my car was added and activated by the time I took delivery. I was able to view the status and the trips they had taken inside the showroom premises when I logged in for the first time.
StripleRider03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 07:20   #1912
BHPian

Re: Update - 2 Month Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
13. The DSG has a tendency to downshift to D1 at the slightest hint of a rough, muddy or gravely road. It sometimes refuses to upshift to D2 on such patches till it hits 2700rpm. Apart from this the DSG is such a joy to use. It even ensures the correct gear is chosen while driving downhill/down steep slopes to ensure you have engine braking and control.
Finally someone makes a note of it. Or at least i found someone. I have been frantically looking out for people who would have notices this. Visited Skoda SC 3 times in my ~6 months of ownership for this, but hardly anybody acknowledged this as an issue or absurd behaviour.

This is the single most point about this car which I absolutely hate. Otherwise it is a beast and absolute fun to drive.

Thank you, i kind of heaved a sigh of relief for the fact that i am not the only one.
PassionateDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:27   #1913
Senior - BHPian

The gearbox seems to be a bit too tightly integrated with traction control/ASR. Perhaps it would be more effective than others if you indeed get stuck in some muddy patch.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 23rd November 2023 at 08:30.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:40   #1914

Completed 3-months of ownership yesterday and heard the first hint of creaks and rattles. Can I take any preventive measures to avoid the potential escalation of this issue?
Old 25th November 2023, 10:32   #1915
BHPian

Hey everyone, I needed your help in few things. I was checking whether all the documents have been received from dealership and found that there is no mention of the drive assurance elite in the insurance document. He is saying it is similar for all purchases and showed me few more insurance policies.

I wanted to confirm if that is the case with everyone here. If it is so shouldn't all the additional riders mentioned in the package be mentioned in the insurance document. What is the way to confirm this.
Old 25th November 2023, 10:47   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
I wanted to confirm if that is the case with everyone here. If it is so shouldn't all the additional riders mentioned in the package be mentioned in the insurance document. What is the way to confirm this.
In my Bajaj Allianz Policy, it is mentioned in the 2nd page of the policy document. The add on plan name as well as the items included in the addon plan is mentioned. I am attaching the image for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia Review-screenshot_20231125_104046_drive.jpg  

axe_deo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 12:12   #1917

Hi,
I recently got my Slavia 1.0AT.
Wanted to check if buying the SMP is worth it for the 1.0 AT.The 4 year SMP cost is around 35k.
I was checking the service calculator, and according to that, even the cost of 4 year services without the SMP package is coming to be around the same price.
I'm not too sure on the value that the SMP package is offering now. Please share your opinion.
Old 26th November 2023, 00:26   #1918

Quote:
Originally Posted by oligopoly View Post
Hi,
I recently got my Slavia 1.0AT.
Wanted to check if buying the SMP is worth it for the 1.0 AT.The 4 year SMP cost is around 35k.
I was checking the service calculator, and according to that, even the cost of 4 year services without the SMP package is coming to be around the same price.
I'm not too sure on the value that the SMP package is offering now. Please share your opinion.
Hi,

Basically you are shielding yourself from inflation in the coming years as the parts get pricier and the labour charges are already high in Skoda/VW. Plus it will be hassle free as it will also discourage unnecessary additions in job card like they do at Maruti Suzuki service centers these days. Since the car is AT and the cost is coming around to be same, it is beneficial to pay once and be done with it. The SMP and extended warranty are not VFM for manual transmissions but for AT they are a must in my opinion, more so in the case of DSG.

Regards
SpikeSpiegel26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 07:03   #1919
BHPian

Hi All,

Need a help. My OnePlus 11 is refusing to connect with the Android auto of Skoda Slavia. Error message keeps saying connection failed on the head unit.

Is there any known way to fix this.

Thanks.
Old 27th November 2023, 08:20   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Hi All,

Need a help. My OnePlus 11 is refusing to connect with the Android auto of Skoda Slavia. Error message keeps saying connection failed on the head unit.

Is there any known way to fix this.

Thanks.
I'm assuming that you have the 8 inch infotainment system. If yes, then you need to upgrade the software version to 1800, which has been released but I'm not sure when it will be made available at the service centers.

If you have access to VCDS or OBD11, then it is possible to download the software onto a pendrive and update it manually, followed by update confirmation using VCDS/OBD11.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks